PDA

View Full Version : Quietly Drinking her Juice

Navaria Tarkin
May 4th, 2001, 01:23:31 AM
Navaria sat at a booth, alone, reading over a datapad that she aquired from the Temple's library. Learning about the past of the great Jedi was essential to her training. To read about the adventures and sorrows that occured, she could learn to not repeat such mistakes and gain wisdom from simple acts.

Avolon Bisel
May 4th, 2001, 01:37:44 AM
Avolon hated behind the bar work. He often roamed the area looking for customers.

He came to a girl, a cute one, he decided to ask her if she would be needing his services.

"Would you like some Gin to go with that Juice?"

Navaria Tarkin
May 4th, 2001, 01:51:10 AM
She must have been so engrossed in her reading that Navaria didn't notice that someone was talking to her. Looking up, rather embarrassed, she held a hand up.

"No thank you. I don't really drink but it was kind of you to ask."

She really didn't frequent the bar all that often and she never met this person before.

"My name's Navaria. You um ... work here?"

Avolon Bisel
May 4th, 2001, 02:03:15 AM
Avolon nodded.

"Yeah, Avolon Bisel at your service. You didn't think I was just some weirdo who roamed bars asking cute girls if they wanted Gin did you? I've tried that, it didn't work." He chuckled a bit.

Avolon took the seat accross from the woman, without asking.

"So, whatcha readin'?"

Navaria Tarkin
May 4th, 2001, 02:15:25 AM
She smiled at his little joke and picked up the datapad, facing it towards Avolon. Navaria didn't mind that he was either feigning interest or really did want to know what she was doing.

"Just some reading of the Jedi Council before its demise. Before the time of the Empire. It's interesting to learn about how Coruscant differed from Imperial Center."

Avolon Bisel
May 4th, 2001, 02:31:12 AM
"Tell me about it."

Pause.

"No, really, I have no idea about what your talking about. I don't know jack squat about my employers. Could maybe tell me a little about what you're talking about? All know about the Jedi is that they carry really big sticks of lights."

Navaria Tarkin
May 4th, 2001, 02:47:47 AM
"This information doesn't tell you about the current state of the Jedi. It's many years in the past."

She turned the datapad back around to her and sipped her drink before continuing.

"If you want to know anything current, I really can't help all that much."

She sighs and cups her cheek with her hand.

"I'm kinda new to being a Jedi myself."

Avolon Bisel
May 4th, 2001, 03:05:56 AM
Avolon shrugged.

"Past, present, future, doesn't matter. Any info is good enough for me. And you can tell a lot about someone from their past."

Avolon smiled as he uncovered a small bottle of Alderaan Beer from his side pouch. He slammed the bottle cap against the table and the cap went flying off. Avolon chugged a tenth of it before he sat it on the table.

"Please, tell me about what you're reading. I have time... and booze."

Avolon wiggled his beer hand, jiggling the bottle now back in his hand. He took a small swig and instead of placing it back on the table it remained in his hand.

Navaria Tarkin
May 4th, 2001, 12:20:55 PM
Smiling, she couldn't help thinking that those were wise words indeed. Navaria wasn't sure where to begin. There was only so much that the Jedi still knew before the time of the Empire.

Scrolling down, the last words that he spoke registered. She looked up with a half frown and a raised brow.

"If you have plenty of time, that's good. Plenty of booze though and I'll end up repeating half the things I've said to you."

Avolon Bisel
May 5th, 2001, 03:00:33 AM
Avolon laughed.

"You got a good head kiddo."

Avolon threw the bottle againt the wall, breaking it. The alchohol ran down the wall in a wet trail.

"So, you were saying?"

Navaria Tarkin
May 6th, 2001, 07:09:20 PM
She looked at Avolon strangely.

"Kiddo? How old are you?"

Then she cringed as the bottle broke against the wall. For some reason it bothered her more then it should have for a second. It was like sudden movements like that affected her ... she couldn't explain it. They just did.

"I'm sorry what were we talking about?"

Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment since that sudden noise really did confuse her somewhat.