PDA

View Full Version : Return to the Bar and Grill....

Figrin D an
May 1st, 2001, 11:18:11 PM
*** For the first time in almost 2 months, Figrin enters the Bar & Grill. A quick smile crosses his face when he sees that it is just as he remembered it.

The Jedi moves toward an empty booth along one of the walls, sits down, pulls out a data pad and starts to read the latest information from the galactic news wire...

The warbling of a server droid catches his attention, ready to take his order. "No, no hard drinks this evening. I'll just have double latte, with a dash of nutmeg."

The droid returns a few moments later with his coffee. The Jedi takes a small sip of the hot liquid, careful not to burn his mouth. "Excellent, thank you."

The droid rolls away to tend to other customers, leaving Figrin to continue his reading... ***

Warren Azalin
May 1st, 2001, 11:33:28 PM
:: Wandering into the Bar and Grill as he usually did Warren looked around seeing if anyone he noticed would be around, he noticed the usual patrons but a certain figure caught his attention. Sitting alongside the wall was Figrin D an, he had seen the Jedi Master around before but he had never spoken to him. Walking slowly towards him wearing his usual attire He reached the Jedi Maser and gave him a respectful nod ::

"Greetings Master Figrin, I don't believe we have ever met. I am Jedi Knight Warren Azalin."

Dove Naberrie
May 1st, 2001, 11:42:36 PM
::The Battlemaiden turns and eyes the new customer suspiciously, measuring him with her dark eyes. Obviously another Jedi if her honed instincts served her correct and the metal cylinder at his side a lightsaber.

She was able to recognize the similar physical actions of the Jedi and how they differed from the Sith. From this human's quiet and noble behavior, it was simple.

Dove moved with unconsciously unparalleled grace and lightness as she danced to a booth along the side in the shadow. It was important for her to remain inconspicious... for the time being at least.

So far, as Dove travelled the galaxy quietly, she had been able to avoid any "unwanted" detection, but that would end soon, she felt. Her time to restore the glory of the Royal Naboo Battlemaiden approached..

She gave one final glance towards the dark-haired Jedi and hunched over her own drink, now only listening, evaluating..::

Figrin D an
May 1st, 2001, 11:52:34 PM
*** Figrin looks up and sees the Jedi known as Warren Azalin standing before him. Figrin returns the nod in kind.

"Ah, yes. A pleasure to finally officially meet you. I have heard and read much about your successes within the Jedi Order. A most accomplished Knight you must be. Please, sit and join me."

The Jedi Knight sits down across from Figrin.

"It has been some time since I last visited this place. My research has consumed much of time over the past several months. With my work drawing to a close, I have been able to permit myself to relax a bit."

Figrin puts down his data pad and take a sip of his latte.

"So, what have you been up to recently. I'd like to hear the latest news from the Jedi themsleves."

Warren Azalin
May 2nd, 2001, 12:07:47 AM
"I haven't been up to much just the usual meet and greet with the padawans, then getting them a Master. Other then that just Training and keeping those Sith at bay."

:: Watching one of the service droids pass by Warren motioned him over and ordered a drink. Waiting for his order to arrive he turned his attention back towards Figrin ::

"So how's your research going, seems we Jedi haven't seen much of you lately."

Avolon Bisel
May 2nd, 2001, 12:27:09 AM
<a href=http://www16.brinkster.com/sagehazzard/graphicsdepot/signatures/Max.jpg>Max</a> an Astromech with a tray attached crudely to his top rolls over. He had the requested drinks on that very tray.

------------------------

Avolon Bisel stood watching fearfully from behind the counter. He was unsure if the drinks would kill the two men by mere contact with their intestines. He was terrible at drink mixing.

He was however a keen observer of human nature. He could tell they were Jedi. All Jedi had this "I'm better then you but I'm not admitting it" attitude that most of the time really eerked him. They were better then humans and they knew it but they're superiority also included super human modesty. He also noted that Figran outranked the other. The way they acted with each other showed respect on Warren's behalf and judgement on the others actions. Their face showed it all right there as plain as day. But he couldn't figure out if this were the type to kill a bartender under accusation of poisening, his drinks were that bad.

Figrin D an
May 2nd, 2001, 12:28:14 AM
*** Figrin takes another sip of his latte before replying.

"My research has gone quite well. It's been long and tiresome at times, but the results should speak for themselves. Reconstructing the knowledge gap that exists in galactic history because of Palpatine's rule is not is certainly not an easy task. A lot of important historical records were destroyed during his rule. It's a lot like putting together a puzzle without all of the pieces. You can use the surrounding pieces to get a rough idea of what the general shape of the piece is, but you may never know exactly what the piece really looks like. You can only try to link other information to it and see what the common themes are. If your lucky, it will shed enough light on the missing information that you can extrapolate the missing segments..."

The Jedi takes another sip from his cup.

"Still, it is intriguing work, and important to improve the galactic historical record.."

Sage Hazzard
May 2nd, 2001, 12:36:43 AM
Sage was sitting at the table next to the two Jedi. He was eavesdropping.

"I applaude your efforts Figran. It is truely noble."

Sage saw the quizical look on Figran's face as he was not totally aware of where the voice had come from. He soon turned to Sage. Sage extended his hand to Figran.

"Sage Hazzard, newly appointed Jedi Master. I don't believe we've met other then at meetings and general buisness occasions. How are you this evening?"

Warren Azalin
May 2nd, 2001, 12:42:30 AM
"Ahhh yes, but someone has to put together these records of the past. After all one cannot know of their future without knowing their past, even if they would rather forget it."

:: As the Jedi spoke amongst each other the small service droid arrived with Warrens drink, carefully the Jedi turned taking the drink from it ::

"So you going to be here long this time ? Or you going back to your research soon ?"

:: Tossing a few credits towards the droid Warren took a sip of his drink as he leaned back in his seat ::

Avolon Bisel
May 2nd, 2001, 12:54:54 AM
Avolon's emotions turned to sheer bliss when the credits hit the tray, to sheer horror when the man to his sip.

"Max! I need you over here to clean the top counter!"

The words "top counter" opposed to "counter top" was code. Avolon loved code words, they always helped in a bind. The droid did as he should, he kicked his engines into high gear and practicly leaped over the tables to the counter with his springs.

Avolon reached for the credits, the 'droid backed off with a beep.

"Come on, what are you going to do with money? Buy a coat of paint?"

A "maybe" came back from the 'droid. Avolon lunged at the credits and got them. He put them in his pocket.

Avolon pretended to clean glasses as he kept an eye on the man. The quick thinking on the man's part to withdraw the 'droid was out of fear the Jedi would take back his tip after relises the drinks were horrible.

Figrin D an
May 2nd, 2001, 01:04:17 AM
*** Figrin turns to Sage and greet him warmly.

"The pleasure is mine, fellow Jedi Master. I have heard much of you. A most dignified reputation you have. I am doing well, thank you."

"My research will continue for a little while more, but a large portion of it is already wrapped up, so I plan on being available for other Jedi duties for a while. Who knows, maybe I'll even decide to train a padawan."