PDA

View Full Version : Sanis walks into the bar...wearing a suit

Sanis Prent
May 6th, 2001, 09:19:15 PM
(Of all things, Sanis entered the B&G wearing a nice suit. It was platinum, with a black shirt and a matching matte-platinum tie. His hair was slicked back, and his face was cleanshaven. He carried a briefcase in hand, as he stepped inside, every angle about him seemingly crisp and redefined.

He walked up to his usual seat at the bar, and ordered his usual Sullustan Draught, and tried to remember just how in the hell he got himself into all this.)

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
May 6th, 2001, 09:44:52 PM
**Saa walks in with a perturbed expression on her face. Her cousin, Sass, had summoned her to the office later in the day.. but would not tell her why. If there was one thing that Saa hated, was not knowing what was going to happen. Grumbling, she steadily walked towards the bar. The Cizerack female unsheathed her claws in irritation, Sass had picked up some of the more irritating human attributes in her time outside of Carshoulis. A vexed hiss emitted from her throat as the woman looked around.

**She was about to call the human bartender over when a familiar face caught her eyes.

"Sssanjisss Prrrent.. how forrrtunate."

**She purred to herself in delight. He had never found the time to buy her a drink from so long ago. He was probably anxious to pay up, who wouldn't want to buy her a drink after all? He was dressed very nicely in a platinum suit -- not too shiny, but yet, appealing. Saa silently walked up behind him and put a clawed hand on his shoulder, catching his attention.

"Whjy jif jit jisssn't Sssanjisss Prrrent... jI'm sssurrre jyou arrre herrre to pajy me back forrr a drrrjink jyou prrromjisssed me.. How wonderrrful of jyou... jI would be deljighted to jojin jyou."

**Without waiting for his permission, she took the seat next to him. This one had much insolence in him, but Saa was sure she could wear him down. After all, she had feline patience on her side.

Sanis Prent
May 6th, 2001, 10:05:50 PM
(Sanis caught himself in mid-drink as he felt a hand on his back. Gulping down a bit of the dark beer, Sanis placed his mug down on the bar, glancing over to see a familiar striped face. Oh when it rains, it pours...)

Fancy seeing you here again, Miss Meorrrei.

(Sanis was about to gesture for her to pull up a seat, but seeing as she had already done so, that wasn't really needed. Sanis glanced at her, and sighed. Of all the people in the world to work with, and Sasseeri finds this one.

Glancing at her, Sanis had to guess she was maybe eighteen or so years old. Like all Cizerack women he'd seen, she was a knockout, from head to toe. However, Sanis had learned long ago to let that slide. These ladies had notorious personalities, and Sanis knew from personal experience that Saarrreeaa Meorrrei was definitely no exception. There was definitely no love lost there. Maybe that was why Sasseeri got such a kick out of this little idea of hers.

Sanis smiled slightly as she rather matter-of-factly told him to buy her a drink. One of Sanis' pet peeves in life...always picking up the tab. He was about to tell her exactly what she could do with her drink, when he stopped.

Sanis came to the realization that he was going to have to deal with Saarrreeaa for a long time. He didn't have to like her...and he didnt, but he sure as hell had to work with her...at least for the time being. No sense in being a smartass when it wasn't necessary.

Sanis snapped his fingers, getting the bartender's attention. When he came over, Sanis ordered for her.)

Barkeep, get the lady a Blue Tibanna Sparkle, and put it on my tab.

(Sanis took another drink of his beer, as he looked at Saarrreeaa. Two months, eh? He could do it.)

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
May 6th, 2001, 10:38:23 PM
**A bit of shock passed across her face. She had expected the man to give into her charms eventually, but not so soon. Saa grinned a happy grin, her canines flashing in the dim light of the bar. In the odd lighting, her face looked almost vicious. Like a young animal on the prowl, lurking in the darkness, tracking its prey.

**The young Cizerack did not know what kind of drink Sanis had ordered for her, but as soon as the bartender delivered it, she was taking a sip from the tall glass. The sharp taste of a clear rum rolled down her throat -- Saa was glad to have some heavy alcohol to help with the afternoons meeting with Sass. The bartender had been more than generous with the liquor in the drink, another thing for Saa to be grateful for.

**Her head tilted slightly as she placed her glass back down after a few more swallows.

"Whjy thank jyou Sssanjisss.. Thjisss drrrjink jisss wonderrrful.. majybe Sssassssss hasss taught jyou mannerrrsss afterrr all."

**Saa ran a clawed finger down his scarred cheek.

"Ssso.. whjy arrre jyou all drrresssssed up ljike that? jYou look verrrjy njice jif jI do sssajy ssso mjyssself."

Sanis Prent
May 6th, 2001, 10:58:30 PM
(Sanis stopped in mid-gulp of his beer, looking at Saarrreeaa incredulously as she asked her question.

She didn't know?

Sanis ponderously licked away at the beer's foamy head that collected on his upper lip, setting his mug down again. Slowly, Sanis began to realize the full nature of the situation.

Sasseeri trusted Sanis more than her own niece. That was profound, as Sanis truly did not trust Sasseeri one bit, and she rather pointedly returned the favor by all-but conscripting him into her employ.

Sanis looked at the female Cizerack, and wondered just how she would take the news? Knowing her volcanic personality, that question provided enough chaos in its answer. However, she would eventually find out later today, and lying about it would only make things worse in the long run.)

Well, I've got a business meeting with your aunt later today.

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
May 6th, 2001, 11:51:54 PM
**At the very mention of her aunt's name, the felinoid woman grabbed her glass and drained it in one large, continuous swallow. Shuddering slightly, Saa licked her lips. The rum tasted harsh going down her throat so fast. A rush of blood filled her veins as the rum began working its effects deep within her stomach. A growl emitted from the angry woman's groat, a peculiar mixture of purr and hiss. The bartender ventured over and inquired about another drink.

"jIf Sssanjisss would carrre to bujy me anotherrr one.. then jI'd be deljighted."

**A soft snort echoed from her.

"Mjy aunt? jInterrressstjing. jI have a meetjing asss well wjith the jinferrrnal Cjizerrrack. Ssshe would not tell me what ssshe wanted, jI beljieve ssshe jisss pjickjing up sssome of jyourrr morrre jirrrrrrjitatjing human oddjitjiesss. Djid ssshe perrrhapsss tell jyou what jit wasss about?"

**The mention of her aunt ruined her mood. She hoped Sanis would order her another drink.. feeling some obscure need to get tipsy before her meeting with Sass. Her feelings were slightly hurt that Sass did not tell her what was going on in their meetings, but she told this human? Saa ran her hand up into Sanis's hair, pulling her chair closer. Maybe there might be a way to get back at Sass after all.

Sanis Prent
May 7th, 2001, 03:01:22 AM
(Sanis took Saarrreeaa's straightforward advances in stride. That's not to say that he wanted her claws running through his hair. He could go without that distraction. When the bartender asked if she needed another, Sanis reluctantly nodded. Hell, maybe he could get some space from her with liquor in her system. At any rate, Sanis felt that he might as well come clean with the kid on the whole issue. Didn't want to keep her in the dark if he had to put up with her crap, cause he'd end up reaping the whirlwind on that one.)

She told me that I was gonna end up working with you on keeping her business on Coruscant running. She wants us to keep track of things while she runs her hub in the Arkanis Sector. Anything else...you got me on that. Right now, seems like we're gonna be working together. At least...thats the gist of the situation from what I've seen.

(Sanis took a gulp of beer, as if to wash down what he said.)

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
May 8th, 2001, 03:07:04 AM
**The bartender came back over with a tall glass of the rum infused beverage. Saa took her hands out of Sanis's hair, and quickly turned her attention to the drink. The news was startling, her work with.. a .. human? She chugged half of the glass in a matter of moments, hoping to drown away the day.

"jI'm worrrkjing wjith jyou? That'sss what thjisss meetjing jisss all about? Arrre jyou kjiddjing me?"

**She growled.. why would Sass tell him that they were working together, but leave her in the dark. She was starting to like her aunt less and less. There had to be more. The alcohol was quickly starting to hit her. The room danced about briefly, before she could center her eyes on Sanis. She rose, and sat herself down on his lap, putting her hands back in his hair.

"Well jI guessssss sssjince we'rrre worrrkjing wjith one anotherrr.. majybe we ssshould get to know each otherrr betterrr."

**Her worries and anxieties about the meeting this afternoon seemed to drift away. Saa's feelings about her aunt quickly joined them. If she had to work with this fine human speciman, she'd might as well enjoy it.

Sanis Prent
May 8th, 2001, 03:29:29 AM
Yes, I look forward to a good...

(Sanis gently raises Saarrreeaa's backside off his lap, coaxing it back into her seat)

...professional relationship these next two months.

(Sanis reached over to Saa's blue tibanna sparkle, taking a whiff of the potent drink. The rank smell of alcohol let him know that the barkeep was mixing them stoutly enough to put down a Gamorrean. Sanis eyed the Cizerack. What the hell? Wasn't she underage anyways? And who went this gung-ho at 2 in the afternoon? At this rate, she was going to be absolutely trashed by the time the meeting rolled around, and Sanis couldn't have a loose cannon like her ruining the day.)

Why don't we just sit and talk. I'm sure you could tell me something about this situation that I'm not aware of.

Hunk Seidou
May 8th, 2001, 09:17:46 AM
::walking by, Hunk notices the familiar felanoid sitting with a well dressed man...Hunk was about to move past the amorous female without saying anything when he did a double-take::

Whoa...is that you Slick? I don't think I've ever seen you look so ...respectable.

Sanis Prent
May 8th, 2001, 02:10:08 PM
(Sanis gives Hunk a mock-salute)

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
May 9th, 2001, 01:00:09 PM
Seer watches Saarreeaa and Sanis out of the corner of her eye then looks to see who Sanis was waving at. She smiles as she notices Hunk. Hmm, well it's someone to talk to for now. She thinks to her self before speaking.

Hello, Hjyuu-man, how arrre jyou dojing todajy? jIt appearrrsss Mrrr. Prrrent jisss busssjy at the moment so whjy don't jyou talk to me forrr awhjile jinssstead?

Hunk Seidou
May 9th, 2001, 06:34:13 PM
Well, it doesn't sound like I have much of a choice.

::extends his hand::

Hello, the name's Hunk. I don't believe I've had the pleasure yet.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
May 9th, 2001, 07:05:52 PM
Not rrreally. jYou wouldn't have sjince jI'm new herrre, jI'm Seeeerrrrraaasssseeeeiii Tssseeerrraaa.

Hunk Seidou
May 9th, 2001, 07:33:15 PM
ANy relation to Sasseeri or her niece?

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
May 9th, 2001, 07:37:30 PM
No, jI'm not rrrelated to them jin anjy wajy.

Hunk Seidou
May 9th, 2001, 07:49:42 PM
You'll have to forgive me, all beautiful felanoid women tend to look the same to me.

::flashes a smile::

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
May 9th, 2001, 07:52:56 PM
smirks

Well jI'm darrrkerrr so jI generrrally don't get confused wjith otherrr people and therrre'sss not too manjy people back home that don't know mjy motherrr.

Hunk Seidou
May 9th, 2001, 07:55:44 PM
Oh really? Is she an important person? Do share.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
May 9th, 2001, 08:01:17 PM
jYesss, verrry jimporrrtant, mjy motherrr ownsss Teeeerrrrooouuusssseeeiii Ssstarrrrssshjip Cussstomsss jInc. The company sssellsss and makesss the contrrrol sssyssstemsss found jin the Cjizerrrakk fleets and alssso makesss cussstom parrrtsss forrr ssstarrrssshipsss.

Hunk Seidou
May 9th, 2001, 08:06:31 PM
Really? How exciting for you. Would you like something to drink, or perhaps a little bite to eat? My treat, of course.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
May 9th, 2001, 08:11:28 PM
jYou would thjink ssso but jit's a lot of harrrrd worrk. Food orrr drrrjink? well jI guesssss jI'm a ljittle bjit hungrrrjy. What jisss therrre to eat arrround herrre?

Hunk Seidou
May 9th, 2001, 08:19:17 PM
To eat? Well, I guess the cooks could whip up just about anything you could want. If you want my suggestion, I would recommend the root stew, the house specialty. It was the first thing I ever had here and is still probably my favorite.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
May 9th, 2001, 08:25:26 PM
Rrroot ssstew? no thanksss, rrroot anjythjing would a vegetarrrjian meal, jI would ljike somethjing wjith meat jin jit. Do thejy serrrve anythjing otherrr than rrroot ssstew herrre?

Hunk Seidou
May 9th, 2001, 08:30:14 PM
Like I said, you'd be amazed at what the cooks can "cook up".

::laughs loudly at his own joke::

Ha ha ha...anyway, I'll try to find the waitress to take our order. Don't move.

::gets up to find one of the young waitresses::

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
May 9th, 2001, 09:27:17 PM
**She ignored the two newcomers, her slightly tilted vision resting solely on Sanis Prent. The Kree-rou burned in her veins, and the humans in these parts were less than likely to entertain her pleasures. Even this Sanis Prent, a notoriously disgusting man, would not. This had become a rather depressing section of the galaxy to be sent to. Human males did not seem to be a particularly entertaining lot. Saa began to brood over this while staring absently at Sanis's face. Men here had way too much independance. The thrill of the chase was fun, indeed, but there was always that slim chance the prey might get away. And Saa hated when she didn't get her way.

**To add to her frustration, her aunt silently manipulated her behind closed doors. At first she had expected to be welcomed with open arms as a partner, instead she was treated as a burden. Given no responsibility, no say in anything, and now she was being thrown into the frey with a human? And a human male, no less. Giving a vexed grunt, her hand shot out with amazing speed and snatched her glass back. She drained the rest of the drink before the expression could change on Prent's face. Saa had never been much for rum, but today seemed like the perfect day to start. The alcohol only increased her frustration and anger, and unfortunately Sanis Prent happened to be sitting in front of her.

"Sssjit and talk??! Sssjit and talk, Sssanjisss? Pleassse, jI can tell jyou hold me jin contempt. jYou and jyourrr attjitudesss. jYou have barrreljy talked to me, and ssstjill djisssljike me."

**Her claws came out and she dug five neat holes into the bartop

"And what do jI know of ourrr sssjituatjion? jI know nothjing. Mjy aunt trrrussstsss a human male who morrre than ljikeljy hatesss herrr gutsss morrre than ssshe trrrussstsss herrr own kjin. Frrrom the moment jI've ssstepped foot nearrr herrr, jI've been a burrrden. jI am alwajysss the lassst to know, the one that jisss left behjind."

**Her claws began to sink deeper into the wood as her grip contracted.

"Do jyou thjink jI wanted to leave Carrrssshouljisss? To jojin jyou people? Pleassse, jif jyou thjink me ssstupjid, jyou have the wrrrong feljine. But, even though jI am not a ssstupjid Cjizerrrack.. jYou ssstjill know morrre about the sssjituatjion than jI do."

**Suddenly a look of sadness passed over Saa's face. She always kept such good control over her emotions, but now they ran free. She couldn't exactly remember what she was saying, but she knew it came from her soul. The last time Saa had cried had been eleven years ago. There had only been one time in her life that she had lost control like this, but now this makes two. Her claws came out of the wood and she put both hands to her face to hide her emotions. Her world tilted slightly as the rum's effects ransacked her system. Saa's emotions began to run off-kilter, finally pouring out after being hidden for so long. She could only sob out the words that came next,

"Whjy.... whjy do ... people trrreat me the wajy thejy do?? What... do jI do... wrrrong??"

Sanis Prent
May 9th, 2001, 10:23:43 PM
(Now Sanis felt a conflict of interests. On one hand, Miss Meorrrei was a volcanic, moody, and downright bitch of a girl. To top that off, she was a Cizerack, and that meant she had some kind of nymphotic chip on her shoulder 24/7. Then, on the other hand, she was a kid...probably no older than 18. She was a bit tipsy, and she was upset, and now she was crying. And it probably had something to do with what Sanis said. As much as Sanis felt indifference to the emotional felinoid, something made him hesitate. Maybe he could come off as less of an ass to her. Maybe that would at least help the situation.

Sanis shrugged. Ah, what the Hell. Why not? He draped an arm over her shoulder slightly...not wanting her to get any wrong ideas, but at the same time, trying to console her somewhat. He gently allowed her head to lean against his shoulder.)

Hey, its okay...I'm here in this with ya. I don't know much about it, either, but we'll find out. I'm sure your aunt has a reason that she hasn't told you yet.

(The bartender came over as Saarrreeaa's head was leaned against Sanis' shoulder. He gestured to her drink, wondering if it should be refilled. Sanis replied with a subtle shake of his head. She did not need any more alcohol in her system.)

Hunk Seidou
May 9th, 2001, 10:28:37 PM
::finding it impossible to ignore the raised voice of the woman, Hunk whispers to Sanis::

Hey Slick, you may want to cut her off. I think she's had enough.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
May 10th, 2001, 11:30:22 AM
Seer watches Hunk leave but then notices the sound of crying, and turns in the direction of the sound. Hmm Saarreeaa, Seer hadn't really met the young Cizerack but she knew a little about her. She had a rough idea of what may be wrong since her mother had told her a little bit about the Cizerack she would be working with and the fact that the younger Cizerack was going through Kree-rrou didn't help either.