PDA

View Full Version : The Jedi Master gently pushes the door open....

Sage Hazzard
Apr 17th, 2001, 02:24:38 AM
The Jedi Master, Sage Hazzard, opened the bar doors with a sigh.

"Nobody knows the troubles I've seen." he said in sing song style.

He slid into a seat letting the shadows hide him, giving him his much wanted privacy. He sighed again as he stroked the carving on the table he sat at. His lips mouthed the words etched in time apon the humble wood.

"Sage loves Cal."

Sage closed his eyes pushing away the memory of when he did the carving. He leaned back in his chair. Part of him wished everyday she would walk through the door and tell him how much she had missed him. Part of him hoped he'd never see her again, his shame would leave him speechless. How could he be such a terrible boyfriend? He felt like he should repent, for to not shower her with love every moment of the day must be a sin. He never told her how he felt. He never told her he long to hold her tight and look into those deep eyes for all eternity, and softly whisper into those sweet ears those three little words she longed to hear. The shadows were not dark enough, not revealing enough, he pulled on his hood. The dark shadows dripped over his eyes and cover half his face. Who would want to look at him? Who could possibly want to look at the man who blew his one chance at true love.

JediBeldarine
Apr 17th, 2001, 03:03:17 AM
**Beldarine sat at the bar, swirling the red wine in her glass. She stared into the depths of the liquid, losing herself in the bold color. Sitting alone, she began to ponder the events 8 Years Ago (http://pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicstarwarsroleplayingarchive.showMessage ?topicID=3527.topic).. Love had betrayed her, left her broken and lifeless. Bel was strong, she had moved on. But she had vowed never to love again. To love was to hurt. Everyone she had ever loved had left her, so she pushed everyone away in fear. Glancing around the room, she knew she had friends.. but she would not let herself get close to anyone. She was a Jedi, supposedly immune to fear, but the hurts from so long ago lingered still.

**Taking a sip of her wine, she glanced around, noting the familiar faces. She wanted company, yet at the same time shunned it. In a darkened corner, however, Bel felt a familiar presence. Her Jedi Master, Sage, seemed to want to disappear into the shadows of the bar. He was evidently in a dark mood as she was.

A fitting companion to share dark thoughts with

**Sighing she rose from her barstool and walked over to Sage. In a low voice she asked,

"May I sit down?"

Sage Hazzard
Apr 18th, 2001, 12:59:03 AM
The first thought that came into Sage's mind was a negative. He didn't want to be bothered. He was also concerned the growing Padawan would pick up on his emotions and feed off them. Sage had learned to control his emotions, not let them alter his decisions and reasoning, but he was not sure if his Padawan had mastered the skill. He finnally conceeded.

"Yes, you may. Allow me."

Too emersed in his own thoughts, Sage was relunctant to stand. He forced himself to anyhow and pushed himself to his feet. He grabbed the chair across from his own from behind. He slid the chair towards his body softly in a gentlemanly gesture. Even in dispear he couldn't allow himself to ignore his manners. He stood waiting for her to take the seat before he dare sat.

JediBeldarine
Apr 18th, 2001, 12:21:49 PM
**She smiled at Sage, taking her seat. He looked upset at something, what she did not know.

"Thank you, Master Sage."

**She spoke low, trying to soothe him, make him feel more at ease. Her problems seemed to melt away as she looked at him, face hidden inside the shadows of his hood. She hated seeing someone else in pain, least of all a friend. Thoughts crept back into her mind about trusting others, but now the woman pushed them aside. Something more important was at hand, she wanted to make him feel better. There would be time enough for wallowing in her own sorrows later. Taking a sip of her wine, her eyes softened as she looked at the young man.

"I can tell something is wrong, Sage.. You know, people tell me that I'm a good listener. If you care to talk to me, I'll be right here."

**Reaching out a hand, she gently patted his wrist before leaning back in her chair, wine glass in hand. She watched him, hawklike, in the faded light in the corner. Bel had never seen her Master look like this, and she was worried. But then, everyone has those days where depression weighs on them like a shroud. Her dark thoughts still resided in the back of her head, calling to her. Sighing, the young woman figured maybe listening to someone else's problems would help her to understand and forget her own.

**For a little while at least.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 19th, 2001, 12:44:35 AM
Sage took his seat again. He sighed once more as he slumped into the chair.

"I am not one to burden others with my short comings."

Sage felt comfortable in his hooded cloak, it offered him the slightest bit of solitude.

"Your perceptions of me might change if I reveal my downfalls. I wouldn't want you to think lowly of me, Bel. You might be one of the only things I have left."

JediBeldarine
Apr 19th, 2001, 01:01:15 AM
**She smiled slightly in the darkness of the corner, and watching her friend slouch lower in his seat.

"You will find, that I can't be classified as "others," Sage. I am your student, but most of all.. I am your friend. If you cannot unburden yourself on your friends, then who can you?"

**She took a sip out of the wine glass, feeling the crisp, dry wine roll down her throat.

"My perceptions of you would never change because of past faults, Sage... You should know that about me by now. You are who you are, and that's all you can be. If you knew about my past.. heh, you'd drop me as a padawan. But that's who I am, I regret it.. but I do not deny it."

**She leaned forward again, reaching across the table to touch his wrist lightly.

"I will never change my opinion of you, Sage.. Do not fear that. We all have pasts that we run and hide from, but sometimes it is easier to unburden yourself on a willing ear. Do not be afraid of myself ever turning my back on you, you are one of my closest friends. If you want to go ahead, but if you don't .. feel free to tell me to stick my nosiness somewhere else."

**She smiled a broad grin at that, waiting to hear his answer.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 19th, 2001, 01:43:57 AM
As his Padwan touched his wrist he felt his other hand cup over hers. He smiled as he felt the connection between the two. They were friends weren't they? Sage, sensing the inapropriate nature of his touching pulled back. He spoke quickly to cover his nervous nature.

"The student has become the teacher."

Sage smiled as the words brought a smile to Beldarine's face also.

"I once loved a woman. She was the best thing that ever happened to me. I neglected her, she sought companionship elsewhere."

Sage sunk into his thoughts, hoping Bel had not heard him. He spoked quickly and cut many corners to relive the shock from her ears. Maybe she wasn't listening. Maybe she would pretend she didn't hear him and he could make up a lie that was less harsh.

JediBeldarine
Apr 19th, 2001, 02:02:28 AM
**She couldn't help but notice the slight wobble in her master's voice. At his words, she began to laugh softly. Realizing that was not the appropriate response, she quickly stopped -- a rosy blush staining her cheeks.

"I am sorry to have laughed at you Sage.. But.. That's all? That's why you are stumbling over your words? Sage, my lord.. I was expecting massive killings or something. Master, things like that happen to everyone. If your work is important, then she would have understood. Everyone we choose is perfect for ourselves, that is why we fall in love with them in the first place. If they weren't good for us, our hearts would never open up to them."

**She again sits upright in her chair.. leaning forward with her elbows resting on the table, she tries to talk in a soothing manner..

"You have to let the pain and remorse go, Sage. Otherwise it will eat you alive. I can see it eating at you right now. Don't try to hide from me, Sage.. I can see through your facade. I know it hurts you, and your pain is my own. Listening to that just made me feel horrible about my past.."

**She gave a light laugh, settling her chin on her entwined fingers.

"You really would disown me as a padawan if you knew my life. I was not very Jedi-like in my youth, Sage.. not at all."

**Her eyes grow distant, as if reliving some long forgotten horror. With a start, she quickly comes back to the present.

"I'm sorry.. momentary delusion.. Are you feeling any better, Sage? Would you like to tell me anything else, now that you know I won't run away in horror?"

Sage Hazzard
Apr 19th, 2001, 02:11:18 AM
Sage blushed. How could she be laughing at him? He had never talked about this to anyone but Chewnakka, who gave him a pep talk on "fish in the sea" or something like that. He never thought someone would laugh at him. Maybe he was being more absurd then he percieved.

"I loved her. She was my first love. I thought we were soul mates, if there is such a thing."

The Jedi Master's eyes began to become liquified it seemed. It was like looking into ripples of a pond, tears filling his eyes this way. He ducked his head and brushed his eyes, as if wiping away a peice of dust. When he looked back up his emotions went to the surface. It was apparent he was holding them back.

"I let her slip through my fingers. I could have done something. Instead she left me, never knowing how I felt. We parted like there was nothing to it, as if I peice of my heart didn't go with her when she turned away from me."

JediBeldarine
Apr 19th, 2001, 02:23:42 AM
**She realized how callous her actions had seemed. Silently berating herself, she stood. Crossing the short distance to him, she knelt on one knee. Placing a hand on his knee she spoke softly, barely loud enough for Sage to hear hear.

"I'm so sorry Sage. I am not laughing at you. I understand how hard it must be, I know you loved her. I'm not trivializing it in any way. I've been down your road, I know how it feels. Do believe in soul mates, because they are out there. I do not think there is just one for each of us, there are many. We simply need to find them in our lives. You found one in her, but you had to let her go. There will be others, the world is not a lonely place."

**Even as she said the words, Bel realized they rang hollow in her breast. The world was a lonely place for her, how could she her Master something that she did not feel herself? Privately she claimed it was all in the cause of making Sage Hazzard feel better.

"I'm so sorry.."

**God she felt awful.. looking under the hood, she could see the shine down his cheek where a tear had fallen.

"Oh Sage.. don't .. oh.. jesus"

**Rising slightly she did the only thing she could think of to do in this situation, and she hugged him tightly. Pulling her arms around his shoulders, she pulled him close.. trying to ease some of her Master's pain.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 19th, 2001, 03:32:17 AM
Sage put his left arm around her waist, loosely returning the hug.

"It's... okay. I'll be fine." Sage whispered.

The Jedi Master pulled back, locking his gaze into her eyes. He could barely see through his tear ridden pupils.

"Go. No Padawan needs to see their Master like this. Please, for my sake, leave. I can't bare acting like a child, crying for mommy. And I can't bare for you to see me like this."

JediBeldarine
Apr 19th, 2001, 01:47:10 PM
**She looked into his eyes for a moment, they were red and swollen from his tears. Sympathy welled up inside of her, almost overflowing. Nodding slightly, she disengaded her arms and made her way back to her chair. Abruptly she sat down, pulling her chair closer to the table and resting her arms on it.

"Do you think you're going to get rid of me that easily, Sage Hazzard? You're not acting like a child, Sage. You are acting like a human being. All humans have emotions, and they cry when they are hurt. Jedi are no different, we hurt, we cry and we laugh. It's a part of being human, and it should not be shameful to a Jedi. This woman hurt you, quite a bit, evidently. It's natural to cry, it's only human nature."

**She reflects for a second in the darkness. She could feel the pain and sorrow eminating from her Jedi Master through the Force. Her face saddened, she hated seeing people hurting like this. Bel's heart started to break.. See, this is why you shouldn't become friends with people.. you care too much.. .... .. sigh.. .. Looking back at Sage, she again spoke.

"It is for your sake that I am staying, Sage Hazzard. If I was a true friend, I would not leave you here in your time of need. And if that's what you expect of friends, well I'm not buying it. If you do not want to talk anymore, then I can sit here in silence. Silence had been my friend for years, I do not fear it now. If you would rather I talk to fill up the spaces, then I shall. I will do anything you ask of me.. Except leave. So what shall it be?"

Sage Hazzard
Apr 20th, 2001, 12:57:33 AM
Sage smiled slightly as he wiped the hot tears from his eyes. He chuckled a bit.

"You're a good friend Beldarine."

Sage closed his eyes, as if listening for something.

"Silence. That's what I need right now. Silence."

Sage bowed his head, the top of his hood being the only part of his head visible from Beldarine. He made no sound indicating his tears, he concealed it well. He hid his head from the world, sinking into his own private room where he could get away from the prying eyes of the spectators. His burden was heavier then the Titan Atlas, his shoulders buckled under the stress. He stopped breathing it seemed as his trance took over his body. Part of Sage wanted the young woman to leave, to turn her back on him like Cal had done. Part of him reached out to her, wanting her to sooth his cries. The turmoil of his emotions was overbearing. The conflicting interests and moral delimias cursed him as his head spun to both sides as they screamed their viewpoints.

JediBeldarine
Apr 20th, 2001, 01:18:21 AM
**She looked at him with a world of sympathy in her eyes. Perhaps silence was not good for the young Jedi Master, he seemed to be suffering even more. Her heart wrenched with the waves of sorrow that Sage exuded. On impulse, she reached a hand across the table. Touching his bowed chin, she lifted his face up. Her blue eyes locked on his, requiring him to look at her. Her gaze would not let him go as she spoke softly.

"Maybe silence is not the way, Hazzard. Silence is what is tearing you up inside right now. Those who keep silent lock their feelings tight, that's not healthy. It's eating away at you, Sage.. don't think I can't see that. I may not understand emotions, but I can read them. No matter how powerful a Jedi Master you are, you can't hide that much from me. Silence is a heavy load to bear, and it seems to be weighing very hard on your shoulders. It's destroying you Sage, and I can't let that happen. Please.. let me do something to help you, do not push me away.. You are not that powerful, anyway. Please.. let me help you."

**A sad smile touches her face. His eyes were so red, and tears made track marks down his cheeks. She felt so bad for him, and a part of her weeped for her Jedi Master now as well.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 20th, 2001, 02:50:58 AM
Sage smiled uneasily at his Padawan.

"You should save your sympathy for one more deserving, Bel."

Sage looked up to the ceiling, soaking in his emotions before his eyes went back down to meet Bel's.

"I'm af-- no, I'm not afraid. A Jedi shouldn't be afraid. Why am I feeling this way? I'm not supposed to feel fear, or sadness, or anger, but I do. I feel them. They're pushed down, compacted into the deepest canals of my stomach, but I feel them. I know they're there, waiting to come pouring out. I'm worried that if I let one emotion slip through, they'll all fall through my power, like dominos."

JediBeldarine
Apr 20th, 2001, 03:05:04 AM
**Her hand stayed on his chin, her eyes searching deeper -- searching the depths of his soul. He was strong, anyone could see that. But a vulnerableness lay underneath it all, and her heart went out to him. This girl had hurt him more than anything, creating doubt in everything. The small smile on her face turned sad as she spoke.

"You are deserving, Sage. No matter what you say, or feel.. very deserving."

**She sighed slightly, not knowing how to go on.

"Let them out, Sage. Let your emotions out, once you let them go you will feel better. You are keeping them all bottled up, and it is killing you. Let them go... once they are out in the open, you'll feel like a weight's been lifted off your shoulders. It will free you.. I promise. Let them go Sage.. it's not shameful to cry. I have cried many times before, and always the release of my emotions calmed me.. it released some of the pain I felt inside.. you will feel better.. Trust me."

**Her eyes stayed locked on his, and no matter how hard he tried, he could not look away. She tried to feed him strength, feed him something that would make him better. Her eyes implored him to let go of his emotions, to let it all out.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 20th, 2001, 03:12:17 AM
Sage almost broke. He almost broke the chain he locked around his thoughts.

"Bel..."

Sage pushed them back inside as he turned his head. His reaction was as if Beldarine had turned into a fire breathing dragon, he shielded himself from her gaze.

"No. I--I have to go."

Sage stood up and ran out the door before she could react. He ran for his ship, not knowing quite where he would go. He began inserting the code for the outer hatch....

JediBeldarine
Apr 20th, 2001, 03:25:43 AM
**Bel was startled as he ran out of the bar.. standing up quickly, she ran to the doorway. Looking both ways, her eyes scanned the surroundings searching for some sign of Sage. She berated herself for her mistake, now he was upset and alone who knows where. There was no trace of him as she stood outside in the setting sun. Her body cast a long shadows as she sent the Force out searching for him. A long sigh echoed from her body when she couldn't find him. It was getting late, but that did not matter to her.

**She began to walk towards the woods surrounding the GJO. A tear fell down her face as she walked, head bowed. She couldn't help but feel bad for Sage. She was his friend, and his padawan -- his hurts were her own. Had she done the wrong thing offering to help him? Maybe she was not very good at friendship -- no friends of hers ever stayed long. Bel's pace quickened, trying to put as much distance as possible between her and the Bar and Grill. As she hit the treeline, more tears streamed down her cheeks. She thought back, back so long ago.. back to Javin.. That was a name she had purposely forgotten -- Javin Gianna. Bel did not keep track of where she was headed, and began to run. Running blindly, she knew she could find her way back when she was ready. Suddenly she fell to her knees, weeping uncontrollably. Could she really be a Jedi after what she had done? Bel felt like a Jedi in mind, body and spirit now -- but did past wrongs account for anything?

**Her body fell forward, fingers tangling themselves in her hair as she felt the cool touch of forest soil against her cheek. What had she done? Her body shook with sobs as they tore from her chest. Uncontrollable spasms passed through her. She was in anguish. She wept for her past, wept for the wrongs she had committed. She wept for her salvation, and her future.

I was only trying to help...only.. trying.. to help...

**Bel's thoughts replayed the last lines she had spoken to Gia before she had left Tatooine behind for the last time.

I was only doing my job.. only .. doing.. my job..

Sage Hazzard
Apr 20th, 2001, 03:32:41 AM
Sage finally got the hatch open, blasted new security mesures.

His heart suddenly pinged with pain as he the emotions of Beldarine surged through him. She needed him now more then he needed his solitude. He backflipped off the 20 feet ladder onto the soil. He started a dead sprint towards the location he sensed.

------------------------

Sage found Bel after only seconds of searching. He went into a slide, wasting no time slowing. The mud of the ground soaked his tunic. The sky began to open up, thunder, lightning, and rain pummeling the ground. Sage grabbed Bel by the shoulders forcably and pulled her up to eye level, he sat on his knees.

"Bel! What's wrong? Tell me. You know you can trust me to feel your sorrow. You know I'll understand. What is it?"

Sage ignored the rain. All that mattered in the world was her. All that he cared about was her.

JediBeldarine
Apr 20th, 2001, 06:30:47 AM
**Beldarine felt the hard splattering of the raindrops, but at the same time, she did not feel them. She felt disconnected, sobbing uncontrollably as Sage held her up by her shoulders. Her hands covered her eyes as her head hung low. The rain slowly began to soak her hair and clothes, her hot tears mingled with the coolness of the stinging rain. She could not stop the racking sobs that shook her body, Bel seemed lost in a torrent of misery -- grief hidden away for so long. For a few moments, she simply hung there, held aloft only by her Jedi Master.

"Javin..." she could barely sob out the word.. gasping for air between sobs.

**Falling forward she clutched at the front of Sage's jedi robes, burying her face in them. Not caring about how she looked, she simply needed to cry. Thoughts echoed in the back of her mind that perhaps she shouldn't show such emotion in front of her Master, but those were quickly washed away by her tides of woe. He had come back, back to help her. Why? Her mind screamed that at her, if only he knew what she was crying about. He would turn and leave in disgust, shunning her as his padawan. The secret she had kept locked in her heart, hoping no one would know what a horrible person she'd been.

**How long she sat there and cried, Bel could not say. They were both soaked to the skin before she could stop crying enough to speak a few words.

"Sage.. you don't want to be near me.. if I told you.. you'd leave me here for the wolves, throwing me out of the Jedi Order..."

**Her words came out haltingly, muffled by his shirt and the sobs that still tore through her body. She sniffled between words, trying to take in some air. Even as she said those words, however, she still clung to him. He was a raft in the middle of the deep ocean that was her despair, she was clinging to him for survival. He was a true friend, one there in the time of her gravest need. Maybe she had said something right in the Bar and Grill after all. If so, it would be the first time in a long while Bel had done something right.

"Oh.. Sage.. why did you hunt me down.. why.. I just.. oh.. I can't tell you .. not here.. not like this"

**Her will broke down, and defeated she finally admitted to herself that she had to tell him. As her tears subsided, she began preparing herself for the inevitable explosion. The inevitable abandonment. The sobs stopped, and she simple held onto his tunic, the rain still falling hard on them. Beldarine was past the point of feeling the weather, she could not get any wetter than she already was. As the anguish began to fade, she steeled her heart against his reaction -- it was inevitable how he would react.. but she had to tell him. He was her Jedi Master, and more importantly.. he was her best friend.

**Sage had a calming influence on her. Soon she had ceased her racking sobs, and simply lay there, head buried in her shirt -- regaining her strength. Her heart felt better than she had in years, sprawled out in the cool rain and covered in mud. His presence made it feel a little lighter, a little stronger. Throught the Force, she could feel his concern for her. Would it all change after she told him? How would he feel then? She wondered all this to herself as she gathered herself together to speak.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 21st, 2001, 01:32:01 AM
Sage held her tight against his shirt. His hands layed on her back as she drove her head into his chest. He felt her pain like a dagger to the heart. More peircing then the the sharpest instrument.

His head looked down on her rain soak hair. The cool rain felt good on his body. It was clensing it seemed as it washed away his tears. He felt a strange connection to his Padawan, closer then his others. He didn't know how to explain it in words.

"Bel.... You can tell me anything. Believe me, I'm not one to judge someone on their past actions alone. Whatever you did. What ever you possibly could have done, you have redeeemed yourself twice over. Please, tell me. Release the pain."

Just then it struck him. He was telling his Padawan what he needed to hear. They were both in the same place. She was more like him then he knew. Maybe she did understand what he was feeling.

"Bel, please....."

JediBeldarine
Apr 21st, 2001, 02:12:32 AM
**She sighed -- a long, hollow sound. The rain pelted her as she lifted her face to his level. Disentangling herself from his arms, she moved away slightly. Wiping at her eyes, Bel knelt in the mud, head again bowed low towards the ground. She pushed back her soaking wet hair, and looked at Sage. Her eyes were swollen and puffy, face slightly dirty from being pressed against the ground earlier. Her heart pounded inside her chest; she had never told another living soul in her entire life.

**She slowed her breathing, clasping her hands to her knees as she contemplated Sage's face.

"I don't know where to begin.. it's all so relevant. But I'll make a long story short.."

**Beldarine trailed off. She felt as though she was going to throw up, but she had to tell him. Had to get it out.

"My surrogate mother, Chimeia and I were bounty hunters. We lived on Tatooine whenever we were not out hunting our marks. My closest friend there was Millo Gianna, a poor slave girl whose mother eventually bought her freedom. She had a brother -- Javin Gianna."

**Her heart raced at the sound of his name, pounding faster than it had ever before.

"We ... we were in love. From the time I was eight years old, I knew I loved him.. and he loved me. We were inseperable, true and honest soul mates."

**A long sigh echoed from her again. Would she ever find anyone who loved her as unconditionally as Javin?

"When I was 15, Chimeia disappeared. For two weeks Gia, Javin and I searched everywhere for some sign of where she went. But it was like she vanished. I left one night, left without saying goodbye to my only two friends in my life. For three years I hunted Chimeia, snapping up every scrap and clue I could find -- they were all dead-ends. I hunted for money in the meantime, only doing jobs when my credits were running out. Exactly three years after I had left, I returned to Tatooine. The Rengallie Family commissioned me to hunt a mark for them -- Matrim Sunkiller. He was a petty thief, but he had double crossed the family one too many times."

**She paused, lifting her face up to the sky. The rain seemed symbolic, washing away her sins.

"When I landed, I had to see if Gia was still in her old shop in Mos Espa. She was, and it was a reunion like I had never believed. Javin came back later, and it was if my heart started to beat again for the first time in three years. He was my everything, my love, my heart, and my soul. To shorten the story, a few days later I finally cornered Matrim Sunkiller in a dark alleyway. The Rengallie family left explicit instructions on how he was to die. Dart gun to stun, dragged to a public square and beheaded in front of witnesses. Of course I would bring back a witness, and his head to prove it."

**She realized how shocking her words seemed as she spoke them. Was she honestly capable of that? It seemed so far removed from the way she was now, almost like a dream.

"As he turned, I could not believe it. White hair and dark skin were the only difference -- before me stood Javin Gianna. We talked for a bit, discussing various things. And he begged me not to do it, to spare his life. But I knew.. it was my life or his. It enraged me that he could do this -- to endanger not only himself, but Gia as well. I had to choose between love and life that day."

**The tears again started to flow down her cheeks.

"I shot him with the dart gun. The last words he said to me were,, 'I understand, bella mia.. I understand'.. I carried out my orders to the letter. Gia was in the square, watching me as I did what I had to do. She never forgave me, and I never forgave myself. From that day forth, I have never made any friends.. never let anyone know who I am."

**Her hands went back up to her eyes.. she could not help the bitterness of it all.

"I am a monster for what I have done. I cannot help it... I ... am.."

**Suddenly she rose, and took off running. Running away from Sage. She did not want to see the look on his face, because she knew what would be there. Horror, and disgust. She ran blindly once again, trying to run from the demons that haunted her soul.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 22nd, 2001, 12:29:44 AM
This came as no suprise to Hazzard. He had seen worse. He had done worse. He had killed dear friends for food. Yet this was hurtful to Beldarine. Her mind conjured of false perceptions of Sage's recation. She had convinced herself she was lower the Bantha Dung.

He thought for a moment. Let her run? Let her have her space? That'd be the right thing to do, let her think about it. But a part of Sage thought... "If I let her run, she'll never stop running. I'll never see her again.". This was plausable. With the way Bel was thinking now, never seeing him again would be better then living with shame.

He rose from the ground quickly. Her Force trail still hot, easily traced. He ran with great strength and speed. He got withen sight of her when he shouted.

"Bel!"

JediBeldarine
Apr 22nd, 2001, 09:21:56 PM
**She heard him call out her name, somewhere far behind her, his voice ghosting along with the wind. He had followed her, why, she did not know. A branch tripped her, halting her flight as she stumbled. Bel caught herself with the force, ensuring she wouldn't hit the ground. Feeling as though demons snapped at her heels, she kept running. She felt a pang of sorrow, almost enough to make her stop, but Bel couldn't. She had been running for so long, she did not know how to end it.

**The rain had lessened in intensity, and now only a light curtain of water fell on the forest floor. She was emotionally exhausted, her emotions numb inside her head. Bel was able to keep running only through the Force, strengthening her weary body. Tears still flowed down her cheeks as she ran, but increasingly she felt tired. Simply tired of everything -- her past had caught up to her at last. Why Sage followed her was a mystery. She could only wonder at the implications, did he want to torment her soul more by pronouncing her demise to her face?

**Bel began to slow, still running, but not with such a fast gate. Her soul felt strangely empty, and her heart lay like lead inside her chest.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 23rd, 2001, 02:45:00 AM
Sage sighed. She showed no sign of stopping. The solution, stop her himself.

Sage took off. Withen a second he cought up to her. It was simple, the Force flowed easily through his veins. He skipped, slowing himself down. The mud he hit skid to a pile in front of his boots. He turned around, Beldarine stopped, no where to run. He could almost read her thoughts. The thoughts of where to turn flowed through her mind. Where to run was her biggest concern.

He walked up to her, grabbed her by the shoulders, softly yet firmly. He bent down slightly. Her head bent down, her eyes seemed intoxicated with the ground. It was the only thing she looked at. He finally met her gaze when she, seemingly, accidently looked at him. He could she her hot tears turn cold on her cheeks as the streak the left behind turned dry. A new river flowed where the old left off. Streaming with a new ambition. It was fear. Fear in losing the only thing she cared about. He spoke softly as not to frighten her. Any harsh or loud tones would lead her to believe the worse. To believe he hated her.

"Oh Bel, such troubles falling on your pure shoulders is a sin against nature. You are the best Jed-- no, your more then that. You're the best person I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. The fact you felt so badly about something in your past. The fact you feared I would hate you for it shows me the person you are. The sweetest, loveliest, most caring person in the galaxy."

Sage could see her coming around. He knew she would think he was lying. Or atleast cushioning his words to be more soothing. But the truth was, he meant every word of it. She was the best thing in his life. He actually was more worried to lose her, then she was to lose him.

"Bel, do you understand? Nothing could make me think less of you. Nothing."

JediBeldarine
Apr 23rd, 2001, 03:09:39 AM
**She couldn't look at him, even after she accidently glanced up. Shock raged through her body, could he really be serious? No one had ever talked to her like that, no one besides Javin. Could she believe him?

**Something sparked inside of her; she did believe him. He was her friend and thus would never lie to her. He was telling her the truth. She reached up to rub her eyes, ending the river of tears that had reddened her eyes. Her eyes rose from the floor to look at their surroundings. The rain fell lightly, and the both of them were soaked to the skin. Bel had never been so wet before in her life, every part of her was soaked through. Glancing at his clothing, she also realized they were extremely muddy. Her eyes searched the forest, trying to figure out where they stood. Her mind worked over what he had said, her heart suddenly lifted by his words. She must have run far for she did not recognize any of the area they were in.

**Bel's eyes finally found his, and she spent a few moments simply looking into his beautiful, crystal clear blue eyes. She realized how happy his words made her feel, she felt like smiling. In fact a small smile did touch her emotionally ravaged face. A silly thought fluttered across her mind that she must look like a crash victim, but that quickly skittered away. For the first time in so long, she felt hope inside her breast. Hope for the future, and that hope came from the forgiving man standing in front of her.

"I.. I don't know what to say, Sage. I don't think anyone has told me that before, ever."

**A true smile lit her face

"I can't believe you are standing in front of me. That you forgive my sins.. that..."

**Shaking her head, she continued

"Thank you, Sage.. for being a true friend, for showing how much you care for me. I do understand. I was so afraid, Sage.. I've never told anyone that before, hated myself for it. You are the first person I felt safe in telling, and it shows I did not make a mistake. Your words lightened my heart more so than anything else in the past few years."

**She pushed a wet strand of hair behind her ear as she looked at him. All of a sudden feeling like a school girl, she glanced down at the ground, trying to hide her blush. In a small voice, she asked him..

"Why, Sage? Why do you feel that way?"

Sage Hazzard
Apr 23rd, 2001, 02:48:39 PM
Sage's face brightened in amazment.

"Is it not apperant? Do you not see the way you carry yourself? I've never heard you say a harsh thing to friend or foe. And you have been more then kind to myself."

Sage sighed.

"I've had a rough life Bel. I told you about Cal, but that's not even half of the story. I know exactly what you're going through. Exactly. And I will always be here for you. I will always be willing to lend a caring ear to your troubles."

JediBeldarine
Apr 23rd, 2001, 03:33:22 PM
**Her mind spun with the events of the day -- fate had taken her far away from idly brooding at Yoghurt's Bar and Grill. Glancing up at the sky, Bel figured it was not going to stop raining soon. She always had hated getting wet, and now she felt as though someone threw her into a lake, clothing and all.

"Do you think we can head back to either to your ship, or the living quarters? I'm wet, and quite frankly.. I'm cold, and exhausted. Right now the Force is the only thing holding me upright."

**Grinning, she looked up at Sage. She stepped forwarch slightly, wrapping her arms around his chest in a tight hug. She had not felt this way for anyone in so long, but Bel was afraid to admit her feelings might go slightly beyond friendship. She calmly shoved those feelings aside, worrying that she shouldn't feel this way about her Jedi Master.

"Thank you, Sage Hazzard. You are someone more than a friend to me, I will always be there for you as well. No matter what time, what day, whenever, Sage... please, don't hesitate to call on my help. I will be there as fast as I can. And you will never be alone, because my thoughts will always be with you."

**Wrinkling her nose, and glancing up at him, still in his embrace.. she laughed

"You do look like a drowned cat, though."

Sage Hazzard
Apr 24th, 2001, 03:02:02 AM
"Meow."

Sage laughed.

"I feel like one too."

Sage draped his arms over Bel's shoulders as she hugged him. He returned the embrace. Sage sighed.

"I much rather my ship. The climate control is too drafty in the Living Quarters."

Sage smiled.

"I have a terrific bottle of non-alcholic Alderaan Wine. It's been saved for a special occasion, and Chewnakka wanted to get first swig. But how about it?"

JediBeldarine
Apr 24th, 2001, 08:34:41 AM
**Grinning, Bel looked up at him.

"Boy, do I agree about the climate control in the living quarters. I have three blankets in the case of a complete freeze inside the walls."

**As they started off slogging through the rain and mud, she wrapped one arm around his waist. She hadn't felt this good in years, not since she had lost Chimeia. Her sunny mood created a bright smile on her face.

"Heh, with how I feel now.. a nice bottle of whiskey would do me good.. But you know, that Aleraan wine is sounding really nice right now... and as long as that wookie doesn't take the first swig right out of the bottle, I think I'm up for it."

**She looks around again, not knowing how far in the woods they had run.

"I think you may want to lead, I have no idea where your ship is."

**As they started walking, she talked quietly simply to start a nice conversation going.

"You wouldn't have bathing facilities on your ship.. I think tonight after some wine I may go home and take a long hot bath. Better to be wet and warm rather than cold. I'm really looking forward to that wine."

Sage Hazzard
Apr 26th, 2001, 12:17:58 AM
Sage smiled as he put his arm around Bel's shoulder.

"I got two bathrooms actually. You'd never know it looking at the big lug, but Chewnakka loves his baths."

Sage laughed as he walked towards what he presumed to be his ship's location.

"I think that's it."

Sage stopped and looked around.

"Well, I think we're lost."

JediBeldarine
Apr 26th, 2001, 01:11:20 AM
**Frowning she glanced around.. the forest looked the same to the eye, but for all she knew they could be walking around in circles. Not that she was in bad company, but she just wanted to sit down.

"Well I might just use the bathtub before we have the wine then. I always feel much better when I'm clean, and I'm sure you want to do the same thing."

**Pushing out with her mind, she tried to search for any force signature she recognized. They had gone further than she had originally thought. She could not sense anything this far out, but a vague sense of multiple bodies lay to the North.

"Alright then, Mr. Jedi Master. I think we go North, at least.. I hope we go North. But you have to lead us to your ship.. can you sense anything where it might be? Trust me to get us lost in a wet, rainy forest with dusk falling."

**Laughing she squeezed her arm around him as they began to walk in a generally Northern direction. It had seemed they walked forever, not talking.. just simply enjoying one another's company. The rain continued to fall lightly, though it showed signs of abating. The awareness of other people grew stronger as she turned to him, finally breaking the silence between the two.

"Any sign of your ship, yet? I certainly hope we're going the right way."

Sage Hazzard
Apr 26th, 2001, 01:21:15 AM
Sage felt the tweak in the Force. It was unmistakable. He smiled.

"We are headed in the right direction."

Sage felt Chewnakka's signature strongly. The Wookiee always refused to believe he had any Force ability, but that was not so. He was actually incredibly strong in the Force. He could, potentially, become more powerful then Sage. He saw the Wookiee's large furry face through the clearing, working on a new shield configuration.

"Nakka!"

JediBeldarine
Apr 26th, 2001, 01:30:04 AM
**They disengaged and Sage took off jogging towards his friend. Bel's legs were too tired, and she simply continued to walk with a smile on his face. At last, civilization. She sighed in happiness at the thought of a hot bath.

**Walking up to the pair, she smiled.

"Hello Chewnakka, nice to see you again."

Chewnakka
Apr 26th, 2001, 01:33:07 AM
The large Wookiee dropped his tool as he spun around. He resorted to his primal growl as he unleashed a large laugh.

He ran over to Sage, roaring as he went. Sage's face turned pale as Chewnakka approached. The Wookiee slammed his fist into Sage's gut. As the Jedi bent over Chewnakka slammed his knee into his face. The Jedi fell back onto the ground.

The large beast/man picked the young Jedi up, giving him a strong bear hug as he rammed him into a tree.

"Put me down you big hairy ape!" Sage said with a laugh.

The Wookiee roared in response, a laughing, elated laugh. The Wookiee conceeded and put the human down.

"Where have you been?! I almost got worried." the Wookiee laughed.

Sage felt of the Wookiee's hair, it was soft and clean.

"Worried enough to take a bath?" Sage said with a raised eyebrow.

Chewnakka laughed. He gestured towards Beldarine, growling at Sage in Wookian.

"Well actually, I wanted to have some time alone with her. So a three man dinner is sort of mute." Sage explained.

Chewnakka laughed, a knowing laugh.

"Not that way Nakka! I just need to have a talk with her, Master to Padawan." Sage persisted.

Chewnakka nodded still chuckling, still certain otherwise.

"So is that the excuse you're using now? I never thought being a Jedi could be an in to getting girls."

Sage pushed the Wookiee playfully. The hugh creature pretended that he could be moved and stumbled back. He raised his hands in surrender, backing off.

"Okay, I'll be scarce. You won't hear a growl out of me."

Sage made his way back to Beldarine. Chewnakka tipped an imaginary hat at the woman.

"Ma'am."

Chewnakka walked off towards the bar, whistling as he went.

JediBeldarine
Apr 26th, 2001, 01:45:31 AM
**She had not overheard any of the conversation, but the two seemed to be very good friends. When a wookie hits you that hard, it must be affection. She watched the wookie walk off

"Where is he going, to the Bar and Grill?"

**As Sage nodded, she smile

"You don't think you have any spare clothes that would fit me? I don't care if they're baggy, I just like the feel of clean clothing after a bath. And I definitely need a bath."

**Looking critically at her mud splattered Jedi Master

"And I think you do as well."

Sage Hazzard
Apr 26th, 2001, 02:17:41 AM
Sage looked at his mud covered Jedi wardrobe.

"I could use a wash."

Sage motioned to the already opened hatch.

"Make yourself at home. I believe I have some spar clothing that could fit you."

Sage smiled as he motioned again at the hatch.

"Ladies first."

JediBeldarine
Apr 26th, 2001, 02:36:50 AM
**She smiled at him as she entered the ship. It was impecably clean, surprising for a ship that contained two bachelors, one a wookie. Sage handed her a spare set of clothing, and guided her towards the bathroom. She gave him a tight hug before disappearing inside. Turning on the faucet, she made sure to make it as hot as she could stand. Beginning to disrobe, she hummed softly to herself. Bel glanced in the mirror, and realized how horrid she looked. Shuddering, she placed a tentative toe in the water and sunk in. Sighing she closed her eyes and simply floated in the water for some time.

---------------

After rinsing off the grime and everything from the day, Bel dressed herself in Sage's clothing. It fit extremely loosely, but at least the pants were drawstring, so she could pull them as tight at she could. They still hung on her hips, but that was no matter. Barefoot, she opened the door to the hallway, still toweldrying her hair. There was no sign of Sage, but she followed his Force signature into the common area of the ship. Running her fingers through her hair to comb out some of the knots, she smiled at him.

**He looked clean and was dressed in his normal Jedi robes.. though they fit him much better than they did her.

"How was your bath, Sage? Mine was wonderful.. I feel so much better now."

Sage Hazzard
Apr 26th, 2001, 03:01:58 AM
Sage sighed.

"Okay, I guess. That Wookie sure knows how to dirty a bath tub though. Spent half my time cleaning it."

Sage walked down the hallway, talking as he went.

"Allow me to chance into something else. I feel in the mood for something... loose."

---------------------

Sage unrobed as he looked through his closet. He pulled out a pair of black military pants. They still had the Gold piping from his days at the academy. He put on a black, skin tight shirt over his upper body. He felt better for some reason. These clothes always looked better on him, always seemed right. Maybe it was because he didn't has so much responsibilty when he used to wear this. He picked out his favorite jacket, one he had not worn in months. It was gold. He put it on, leaving it unzipped. He inspected himself in the mirror.... Good enough.

---------------------

Sage went to the kitchen part of the ship. He quickly found the wine he seeked. It had a peice of paper taped to the outside. it had writing on it:

Attention. All persons that touch this bottle shall be shot by myself, without prejudice.

Sage chuckled as he ripped the peace of paper off. He grabbed two wine glasses as he made his way back to the dining room, where Bel would most likely be.

"I hope you know how to handle a Wookiee!"

Sage laughed at the inside joke.

JediBeldarine
Apr 26th, 2001, 03:34:19 AM
**As he reentered the dining room, her eyes lit up. He looked so dashing in his new clothes. Glancing down at herself in a tan tunic, and baggy pants.. no shoes.. she suddenly felt.. out of place. Bel concentrated on picking some of the mud out from under her long fingernails, hoping she did not look too shabby next to Sage. She blushed as he put the wine glasses down on the table.

"Sage, I must say.. those clothes suit you nicely. You look very nice in them. Very handsome"

**Her cheeks managed to become more red than they already were. Her eyes sparkled however, looking at him.

"I must say, you put me to shame.. I look like I'm wearing pajamas, and you're looking like you should be escorting a lady wearing a ballgown."

**Her eyes met his, and she smiled. It seemed to her, she couldn't stop smiling when he was nearby. Watching him pour the wine, she laughed.

"So what was that about handling a wookiee?"

**She had never seen Sage wear such nice clothing. The snug undershirt and breaches fit him perfectly. Bel couldn't take her eyes off of him.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 27th, 2001, 12:24:16 AM
Sage laughed.

"You wouldn't want to know."

Sage looked deeply at Beldarine as he poured the second glass nearly to the rim.

"Might I just say that you look stunning in any attire? Because you do Beldarine, you have nothing to be ashamed of."

The Jedi was more adept at reading emotions then the Knight relised for she blushed even more. He offer the glass to her.

"Would you like to make a toast?"

JediBeldarine
Apr 27th, 2001, 12:54:10 AM
OOC: Hey, Sage.. I think I may still be a padawan in these posts.. :lol:

IC:
**She could not help the redness that stained her cheeks, which simply prolonged the blush even longer. She pressed her hands to her cheeks for a moment before she accepted the wine glass, fervently hoping that they'd return to their normal color. Taking the glass from his hand she smiled,

"If you say so, Sage.. though the thought of running back home and putting on something that looks less like pajamas has been circulating through my mind."

**Taking a deep breath she continued,

"Now.. a toast.. hmmm, I've never made one of these. I'll just say.. You are a wonderful person, Sage Hazzard. One of the most loving, forgiving, understanding people I have ever met. I am very lucky that you were the one to become my Jedi Master; I honestly don't think there would have been anyone better suited for me. I toast to many more years together, may the force be with us.."

Sage Hazzard
Apr 27th, 2001, 12:59:34 AM
Sage raised his glass.

"If I may add... you are the best Padawan a Master could ask for. Your love and friendship are undiserved by me. But my some stroke of the Force, we were destined to meet. May the Force be with us."

JediBeldarine
Apr 27th, 2001, 01:16:11 AM
**She lightly touched her glass to his and took a sip from the wine glass. She had been thirsty, and the rich, fruity taste of the wine felt nice rolling down her throat. It left a nice aftertaste.

"This is wonderful wine, Sage.. absolutely the best. I feel bad asking.. but I have to.. you wouldn't have.. anything to eat.. on board.. do you?"

**With a start, she realized her eyes had wandered from his face to his arms. Jerking her eyes away, Bel reprimanded herself sternly -- she was looking at her Jedi Master here, not some guy in nice clothes at Yog's. The young woman began to seriously study her wine glass, taking a long sip from it. All of a sudden, a nervous feeling crept into her stomach. He was good looking, standing there in his black and gold clothing.. almost too good looking. Sternly reminding herself that this was Sage Hazzard she was looking at, Bel waited for his answer.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 27th, 2001, 02:02:39 AM
Sage admired the young woman. She looked exceptionally good in his clothes. Even though they were to big for her they looked incredibly cute on her. Sage snapped out of it as Bel's voice broke his thoughts.

"Uh... Yeah. What was I thinking, of course!"

Sage rubbed his chin.

"What would you like? I'm not much of a chef but I have plenty of stocked goods for cooking. So anything you'd like I can try and make."

JediBeldarine
Apr 27th, 2001, 03:06:15 AM
**She rose gracefully from the chair, taking her wine glass with her.

"Sage.. where's your pantry?"

**He pointed out the direction where it was, and followed her there as she walked. His pants were long on her anyway, and the fact they hung on her hips made them drag on the floor even more as she walked. An image flashed into her mind of her as a child, wearing a grownups clothing.

Great, all I need is a teddy bear.. and the image would be complete. That and me asking, mommie.. can you read to me tonight?... sigh...

**Beldarine opened up the door to the small pantry, peering inside. She felt Sage behind her, looking over her shoulder. She noted to herself that he had the staples of a nice, meaty stew.. but if he had any kind of vegetables or beef.. that was up in the air. She was a good cook herself, and wouldn't mind taking the time to prepare a stew.

**Turning back around, she smiled at Sage. They stood incredibly close together, he had been standing right behind her when she turned around. Backing up slightly, she spoke

"You don't happen to have any meat, do you? And any vegetables? I know it's a lot to ask for a ship, but.. I'm a halfway decent cook.. I could take the time and make a stew, if you had the fresh stuff."

**She ran her hands through her still damp hair, trying to loosen some of the remaining knots. It fell in waves on her shoulders, and many tendrils kept falling into her face. Tucking them behind her ears, Bel gazed up at Sage.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 27th, 2001, 02:04:28 PM
Sage laughed.

"Do you really think I could go a day without meat with Chewnakka on board?"

Sage nodded.

"Of course. We have both. Help yourself."

Sage was happy to have a home cooked meal. But he hated the thought of making Bel do this.

"Bel, I don't need you to do this. I hate making guests work. I can fix it if you'd rather."

JediBeldarine
Apr 27th, 2001, 02:32:01 PM
**Reaching up, Bel patted the Jedi on the cheek.

"You said yourself.. you're not too good a cook. I, on the other hand, make a pretty good stew.. So I don't mind doing it, Sage. I love cooking, it makes me feel happy.. and it takes my mind off of negative issues. Can you get me a pound of steak flanks?"

**Humming to herself softly, she gathered all the stuff she needed to make the stock with. Moving to the small cooking area, Bel opened cubboards until she found a large pot. Only finding a small vibroblade in the place of a knife, she figured it would work just as well. Sage quickly returned with the meat and a few vegetables as well. Smiling, she set the stock to boil on the stove and quickly moved to chop up the steaks. Glancing up at Sage, she grinned

"So how long has it been since you had a home cooked meal, Sage Hazzard? I promise you'll like this. So do you normally stay here? I never see you around the living quarters.. It's nice, solitude.. no paintballs.."

**After some searching, she found some spices and began to liberally pour some into the stock boiling. She began to chew on her lower lip as she waited for Sage to speak.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 27th, 2001, 03:00:37 PM
Sage put the meat next to the pot.

"Well, it's been a long time. Over two years. I live on this ship. It's not my home away from home, it's my home."

JediBeldarine
Apr 27th, 2001, 03:41:33 PM
**She smiled as she finished chopping the meat and the vegetables, and went to check on the stock. Her hands were covered in flour and various spices as she dropped the meat into the boiling stew stock. Bel covered the pot and rinsed her hands off. Walking over to the table, she sat down slowly.

"This is a nice place to call home. It'll be a bit until the stew is done.. may I have the grand tour?"

**She winked at him, and her eyes sparkled in the dining room lighting.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 27th, 2001, 04:08:10 PM
Sage smiled as he rose.

"Right this way."

Sage made way to the cockpit. He loved that room the most, it's where he spent most of his time. He could stare out at the stars for hours.

-----------

They entered the large cockpit. Sage gestured widely at the console.

"I'd be happy to answer any questions. Or would you rather move to the brig, or perhaps the study?"

JediBeldarine
Apr 27th, 2001, 04:55:45 PM
**She let out a small smile, Sage obviously liked the cockpit very much. Not wanting to ask too many questions, for she wouldn't know what to ask about the ship anyway, Bel smiled at him.

"You can guide me anywhere Sage.. don't worry. Wherever you want to go first is fine by me."

**From the looks of the ship it was extremely nice. She started to think of her tiny dorm, and while homey, it made her want for a sizable ship like she used to have.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 30th, 2001, 02:43:46 AM
Sage did indeed love the cockpit. Oh how he loved a good dog fight. Of course he no longer seeked excitement for the simple reason of wanting it. Yet he did long for the days where he could live by his wits and die by his wits. No responsibilty, no grand Jedi Code to uphold and adhere to.

He thought for a moment, carressing his chin. A brilliant thought came into his head and he almost shouted. But then he quickly submissed and thought for a better idea, it obviously wasn't so appealing as he made it look, his face lighting up. He pointed towards one direction then veered to another. He stopped his aimless pointing and scratched his head in shame.

"Um Bel, I really have no clue what to show you next. This is an orignal ship mind you, but there's nothing special about the rooms. The restroom has water, the study has books, and the cockpit.... well, it has guns. So, your guess on what would be appealing is as good as mine."

Sage sniffed the air. The scent of the stew caught his nostrils.

"I'll tell you though, that stew does smell good. But if you want, maybe I can show you my Lightsabre collection?"

JediBeldarine
Apr 30th, 2001, 04:00:10 AM
**She laughed and patted his arm, stepping aside so he could guide the way out of the cockpit. She couldn't help but smile as he fumbled around, searching for something to show her.

"It's alright, Sage. You seem so modest about your ship, it really is lovely. It feels very much like a home, and not a ship, and that's the important part."

**She winked at him

"One day I'll show you my dorm.. it may not be much, but I've done a fair amount of redecorating to make it more homey to me."

**She smelled the stew, and it drove her up a wall she was so hungry. Thinking about it, however, Bel realized the stew wouldn't be quite ready yet. They walked back out to the dining room, where she left Sage to run place a large loaf of bread beside the stove to warm itself. Returning back to him, she slipped her arm inside his.

"You know what, Sage.. I would love to see your lightsaber collection. Lead on, dear sir."

Sage Hazzard
Apr 30th, 2001, 04:17:23 PM
"Prepare to be dazzled."

Sage smiled as he led the way down the cooridor, Beldarine arm and arm.

---------------------

The door opened into Sage's room with a metallic shunt. It revealed a uncommonly sprawling room. Sage was living in luxury it seemed as there was room to spare. Lightsabre hilts adorned the walls, layering them like wallpaper.

"Well, I have my own designs. And I have ones that I have collected over time from arts dealers. Such as lightsabres from days of old. I even have one that has survived the test of time. It was made in the first decaded of the new age of Lightsabre building. It is one of the first designs for what is now the norm. Would you like to see it?"

JediBeldarine
Apr 30th, 2001, 08:06:14 PM
**As she stepped into the room, Bel gasped at the sight. It was a large room for a ship, almost as large as her dorm room. From corner to corner, lightsaber hilts adorned the walls.

"This is absolutely amazing, Sage."

**She walked into the center of the room, looking all around her. Slowly she strode to a wall and began looking at the hilts closely. All sizes and designs were present. It was the largest collection of sabers Bel had ever seen. Looking back at Sage, who still stood in the doorway, she tilted her head slightly.

"This is astounding Sage.. I've never seen anything like it. I'll have to come back and look more later. I've always loved sabers, and some of these are extremely beautiful. I would love to see that precious lightsaber.. bring it out"

**Bel walked over to where he was standing. She still looked in awe at the room, it was impressive, so beautiful and precious, she could not find the words to describe it.

Sage Hazzard
May 1st, 2001, 01:12:34 AM
Sage smiled and waved her over slowly with one finger, as if he was a eager child and she was getting admitance to a private treehouse.

He bent down and reached from under his bed. His hands stretched in search, a slight show of discomfort came over Sage's face as he hit some sharp peices of the bed frame. He finally pulled it out. It was a long rectangular suitcase. It had a Gold handle on one end for easy carry. The suitcase looked like it cost a fortune, it was new, specially bought to keep the sabre safe and well displayed. Sage clicked open the locks and pushed back the top revealing the contents.

Sage sighed as he saw his precious sabre. The hilt was extremely long, atleast the size of two and a half lightsabre hilts put together, yet it was a singular blade.

"You may touch it if you like, even activate it and swing it if you'd enjoy it."

Sage smiled. It was the first time he ever let someone touch it. He was amazed at himself that he let Bel pick it up. Yet somehow she was differant. He couldn't quite place it.

"It actually shoots out a real durasteel blade. It's covers the blade however, reinforcing it. It was designed in case the energy source was cut it could still be used as a weapon. Very intelligent if I do say so myself."

JediBeldarine
May 1st, 2001, 01:37:39 AM
**His eagerness shone in his eyes. She felt like they were children, sharing a secret and making sure they kept it from any adults nearby. The lightsaber he took out was like none Bel had ever seen before. Her breath almost caught in her throat; he handled the saber with such reverance, it must be very special to him. Sage offered it to her, and at first Bel was going to decline it. He extended his arms towards her, and she gingerly took the heavy hilt from his hands.

"Thank you Sage.. I can see how much this means to you, I'll be careful."

**Rising swiftly to her feet, Bel turns the lightsaber over in her hands. Feeling the heavy weight, and looking at the remarkable craftsmanship put her in a state of awe. It was a beautiful piece, especially since it was so old. She crouched down into a defensive stance and ignited the blade. The familiar hum filled the room, and the blade filled it with an eery light. The saber had a better balance than hers did, and Bel began to think about crafting a new blade. One that she could call her own.

**In a quick, fluid motion Beldarine disengaged the saber's blade and knelt down beside Sage. She handed the weapon back to her Jedi Master and gave him a soft kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you again, Sage. That saber feels remarkable in my hands.. I love the center of balance, the way the hilt feels, everything. I'm so glad you think me important enough to show this to them. It's priceless."

Sage Hazzard
May 1st, 2001, 01:44:57 AM
Electricity shot through Sage as her lips met his cheek. He blushed like a schoolboy.

"Uh.... Anytime."

Sage was at a lost for words, the kiss still haunting him. He felt like a fool, sounding like a adolescant with the one word sentances.

"So, you feel like stew?"

He was clearly changing the subject. He put the sabre back in it's place, closed the lid shut, and threw the box under the bed. His somewhat careless concern for the valuble peice was evident. He was ashamed and wanted to move on before she caught him.

JediBeldarine
May 1st, 2001, 02:06:33 AM
**He moved away quickly after she kissed him on the cheek, and Bel thought she saw a hint of red stain Sage's cheeks. Suddenly a nervous knot tied itself in her stomach -- had she done something wrong? A blush colored her own cheeks as she hopped to her feet. Turning around, she pushed her long dirty blond hair out of her face. She couldn't believe what she had just done. Bel had always been like that with people she cared about, but this was different. This was Sage Hazzard.

**Turning back around, Bel hoped to ease the awkard silence that landed between the two of them.

"I'm so sorry, Sage.. I shouldn't have done that..."

**She stared into his eyes, offering him a help up. He took her hand as he rose from the floor. Her eyes probed to see if she could tell what he was feeling. His eyes were crystal blue pools, but they hid any emotion at the time.

**Beldarine felt guilty inside. The woman couldn't tell if Sage was upset, through the Force his emotions seemed all jumbled together. Trying to save face she motioned towards the door,

"Yes.. Let's have some stew.. Lead on my friend."

Sage Hazzard
May 1st, 2001, 02:28:57 AM
"Bel..."

Sage ignored Beldarine's motion for a moment.

"Uh...."

He couldn't muster up the words nor the courage, he decided to save face as well. He put on his fake face and make a grand bow.

"Of course."

He walked towards the door but stopped right before it. He felt dizzy still from the kiss, a thousand thoughts hammering into his brain. He pretended that the stop was planned.

"Ladies first."

Sage was always good at thinking on his feet.

JediBeldarine
May 1st, 2001, 03:09:59 AM
**She tilted her head and smiled at Sage. Such a perfect gentleman. She reached out and squeezed his arm as she walked past him, out into the hallway. Glancing back behind her, she made sure Sage was following before she headed back towards the kitchen.

"Sit down, Sage.. where are the bowls and spoons??"

**He pointed at a compartment near the stove as he sat in a chair. Sage looked as though he was goin to ask for help, but Bel quickly sushed him. Opening the lid to the stew, she stirred the viscous liquid for a bit.. tasting it to ensure it was ready. Reaching into the cabinets, the woman took out two ceramic bowls and spoons. The bread was nicely warmed by sitting next to the bubbling stew for so long. She placed everything neatly on a tray, and refilled their wine glasses to the top again. Bel took it out and softly placed it on the kitchen table Sage had set up.

**Her hair fell in front of her face as she put Sage's stew in front of him. Looking through a thin veil of her hair, she winked at him.

"I hope you like it.. it's my own special recipe."

Sage Hazzard
May 1st, 2001, 03:21:14 AM
Sage smiled back up at her.

"I'm sure I'll love it."

He dipped his spoon into the mixture and raised it to his mouth. He threw caution to the wind and took a bite of the hot stew. His lips smiled with pure joy.

"You're too good to me."

Sage stopped dead in his tracks. His father once said the same thing to a woman he dated briefly. Sage at that young age held it in his mind. It summed up the life his father had with the woman, all his feelings into one instant. Sage almost fainted as his own emotions came into play. His control broke, although briefly. His emotions came through, all the things he had felt that day. The talk in the woods, the chasing after her in the pouring rain, the thing Nakka had said, and finally the cheek kiss in his room. He dropped the spoon softly into the bowl and pushed it away from him. He avoided eye contact at all costs.

"I-I'm not hungry. Thanks."

JediBeldarine
May 1st, 2001, 04:08:56 AM
**Shock registered across her face at Sage's words. She tried to go over what was in the stew, something that could have upset him.. something that would have made the stew taste badly. Something in the way his face looked made her realize that it wasn't something in the stew. Bel brushed her hair away from her face. He refused to look at her. She reached a hand across the table and took his, her eyes not leaving the side of his face. She would stare at him until he looked at her.

"I don't know what you mean by I'm too good for you, Sage. You are an amazing person, I've told you that so many times today."

**Her head tilted to the side, trying to catch Sage's downturned eyes.

"Whatever is the matter, Sage.. what happened?? I know you're hungry, you were ravenous earlier. Please talk to me.. I thought we straightened it out about talking to one another. I'd confide in you about anything, Sage.. please.. what's wrong?"

**His head shook slightly in a no fashion, and Bel's face became stern

"Don't you no me, Sage Hazzard. I know something's wrong, and I know it has nothing to do with the soup. Now, please.. as a friend, I'm asking you to tell me what's bothering you. I just want to make it right, Hazzard."

**Sadness filled her face again as she watched him. Squeezing his hand in hers, she tried to smile brightly.

"If you dont' want to tell me, that's ok Sage. Just know that I'm here for you, through anything."

Sage Hazzard
May 1st, 2001, 04:56:11 PM
Sage couldn't turn to her, his muscles locked.

"You're the one person I can't tell this to." He said in a whisper, hoping she wouldn't hear.

He lowered his head and swiveled slightly to the stew.

"Okay, I'll have some."

He took back the bowl and mixed it with his spoon. He didn't eat any for his mind was running a mile a minute.

"Lets just eat this, okay?"

JediBeldarine
May 1st, 2001, 09:51:34 PM
**Bel's smile dropped from her face, and her eyes turned sad. Her face did not conceal the hurt she felt inside. Biting her lower lip, she let his hand go and sat back in her chair. She ran a hand through her hair, pushing it over to the side. Suddenly, Bel did not feel all that hungry either. Her stomach twisted inside as the woman played with her spoon.

"Alright Sage, if that's what you'd like."

**Bel could not figure out why she was so hurt, did others feel the same way about their Jedi Masters? Picking through the soup, Bel looked at Sage.. trying to figure out what was going on. She ate a few bites, but it tasted like ash. She had heard what he said, and it hurt her deeply. Bel was chewing on her lower lip and rubbed her neck with her free hand.

**Letting out a long sigh, Bel sat in silence.. not wanting to speak, to interrupt his thoughts. She focused all her attention on her soup bowl, eating it slowly as to not upset her stomach any more than it already was. Her mind was like a blank slate; Bel couldn't remember the last time she felt this way.

Sage Hazzard
May 2nd, 2001, 01:22:58 AM
Silence.

He ate in silence. His lips never formed the words he searched for. It was not by lack of skill but rather... fear.

"Bel."

He broke the silence.

"The Darkside, it feeds on fear. Right now I'm having intense fear. This is a difficult problem. I am having fear of saying something I should not say."

Sage felt obligated to say this. The Jedi had no fear, so he must strive to have none either.

"How would you solve this problem?"

He smiled ackwardly, putting on a front to hide his true self. He made his problem into a quiz for Beldarine to solve. Sage felt guilty somewhat for doing this but he knew she was wiser then him. It was odd, asking the person who you want to tell something if you should tell them.

JediBeldarine
May 2nd, 2001, 01:46:58 AM
**Bel looked puzzled for a moment. Her brows drew together, wrinkling her forehead. She stopped eating for a second and rubbed her face with her hands. Beldarine thought for a few moments before she answered.

"Hmmm.. it's an interesting problem, Sage. I think I've come to an epiphany today. You are not afraid of the words, Sage. Words, honestly, hold no malice, fear, or anger.. it's the emotions behind it that are troublesome. What you fear is the other's reaction to those words. I guess I was afraid to tell you about Javin, not because I did not want to talk about my past... and not because I feared the words themselves, I feared your reaction to my words."

**She smiled at him, leaning forward.

"I'm still here, aren't I? We were each afraid to confide in each other earlier.. afraid of what the other person would think. But, surprisingly enough, I'm still sitting here in front of you. Never fear about telling me anything Sage, you know I would stand by your side no matter what you told me."

**He looked as though he were about to object, but she held up her hand.. stalling his comments

"I know you're talking about me.. I know you want to say something, but you're afraid of my reaction. Don't be. I don't care what you say, I will still be here. Do not fear my reaction to anything you say, Sage. You have shown to me how good of a person you are. Not many people would have chased me through the pouring rain and mud like you did. I owe you so much from simply standing by me like you have. I would never turn my back on you, Sage."

**Leaning forward, concern painted her features. Her blue eyes searched his for some sign of his emotions, but he had them locked tight. She moved her chair around so she was facing directly in front of him. She sat oddly on her chair, legs crossed over one another. Pulling her chair close, their knees touched as Bel put a hand on his shoulder.

"If I were you, I'd just tell the other person. It does not seem like that big a problem.. unburden yourself.. you will feel better afterwards."

**She grinned an impish little smile as she waited for him to speak. Hopefully her words had made sense to him..

Sage Hazzard
May 2nd, 2001, 02:20:18 AM
Sage nodded. She was more intelligent then he could have imagined, more intelligent then he had hoped to be.

"Okay then."

Sage smiled slightly.

"What do you think a Master and Padawan's relationship should be? What should it NEVER be?"

JediBeldarine
May 2nd, 2001, 02:36:21 AM
**Her face showed a trace of astonishment. This curve ball seemed to come out of left field.

"A Master and Padawans relationship?"

**Bel's head tilts to the side for a moment in silent thought.. she glances down towards her knees.

"I do not think there are any restrictions on a relationship such as that.. I mean.. Friendship is not determined by ranks or titles, those things mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. They are just meaningless banners, titles, and in the end.. they all melt away, leaving only who you are inside. A title does not define who you are. Yes, you are a Jedi Master. But deep down inside, you are Sage Hazzard. Jedi Master does not define your personality.. When it comes to our souls, Sage..do you really think a title such as Jedi Master is important? Outside of the mortal bodies, the titles we give each other are nonexistant."

**She stops for a second, collecting her thoughts. Sage looked at her intently, waiting for her to proceed.

"Maybe I'm just rambling here.. But.. Certain emotions transcend the plane of existence. When it truly comes down to it, should there be boundaries on that type of relationship? Some feel there should, but what is that based on. Simply because one has the title "master" and one has the title "padawan," does that mean anything?"

**Bel kept staring at her hands, which now rested in her lap. Shaking her head no, she continued

"When it really matters, titles melt away... and all you have left is two people."

**Her eyes finally left her hands, and they stared up at him..

Sage Hazzard
May 2nd, 2001, 02:44:39 AM
Sage allowed himself a small bit of joy through his emotional shield.

"What about something differant from friendship?"

He said nothing else. He needed to know her answer and all his attention was on her.

JediBeldarine
May 2nd, 2001, 03:00:11 AM
**She smiled at him, meeting him eye for eye

"More than friendship, Sage? Are you speaking of love?

**She knew he was implying that, and was more than happy to give her thoughts on such a powerful emotion.

"Love has no boundaries, Sage. It knows nothing of rank, importance, stature. And even if it did, do you believe it would care? I don't. Love is blind. It cares not if the person is different from you. Love knows nothing about age, or race, or any other boundaries, Sage.. Love is limitless."

**She stuttered.. shaking her head slightly.. at a loss for words.

"Love simply is, Sage. Love is love. It transcends rank, prestige, heritage. It is pure, and beautiful. Something to be cherished rather than reviled. Love is powerful. I simply do not know what else to say...."

**She closed her eyes for a second, trying to sort through all her emotions.. her experiences.. something that would make sense of her babble.

"Love is love, Sage. No matter what"

**Taking a deep breath, she reopened her eyes and smiled.

Sage Hazzard
May 3rd, 2001, 02:53:24 AM
Sage smiled. She was right. Of course she was right, she always was.

"I'm sorry Bel, I can't really continue with my train of thought. See, my stomach as a thousand butterflies trapped inside and my knees feel weak."

He smiled.

"Do you have any idea where I'm going with this? Because I'm too big a chicken to tell you."

Sage smiled again.

"Or are you going to make me?"

JediBeldarine
May 3rd, 2001, 03:18:01 AM
**Her eyes became fixated on her hands, she couldn't stop rubbing her fingers together. It was an old nervous habit, and Bel hadn't done it in quite some time. Her muscles seemed frozen -- so that's where the conversation was headed. Bel knew what he was talking about, but what happens if she was wrong?

**And what if she was right? How could he feel this way about her? She had never seen herself as particularly lovable. What of her feelings as well? She began to think about the day, about the way her heartbeat quickened every time he looked at her. She knew how she felt. It was obvious to anyone who looked at her, though Bel had a hard time admitting it to herself. She couldn't look at him, speaking softly Bel answered.

"I... I think I need to hear you say it, Sage. I would hate to be horribly mistaken here."

Sage Hazzard
May 3rd, 2001, 11:12:59 AM
Sage smiled. "Okay, this is hard for me. So please, forgive me if I can't continue."

He folded his hands. How could he put these things into words.

"Bel, I--. Well, I sort of..... Okay, here's the thing."

Sage stopped.

"Um, could you maybe throw caution to the wind here for a sec. Because I'd hate to be terribly embaressed if what I'm about to say is totally unexpected. Please, I need to know if you know what I'm feeling. Or possibly feel the same way. Or else I'll be walking through the dark without a torch."

JediBeldarine
May 3rd, 2001, 05:43:01 PM
**She sat there still obsessed with her hands. Throw caution to the wind? That was something Beldarine hadn't done in a long while. She thought back, not remembering the last time she had simply done something crazy. Maybe it was time for that to change. He had to be on the same wavelength, he had to be.

**Looking up she gazed into his blue eyes, a smile lighting her face. Her heart no longer felt like it was beating in her chest, now it stayed lodged in her throat. Her stomach twisted inside as the woman worked up the courage to do something. Bel reached up and touched his cheek with her hand.

"Throw caution to the wind, huh? I know how you feel about walking in the dark without a light... but.. what the frell."

**Stalling for a second, she leaned forward. Closing her eyes, Bel pushed all her nervousness aside. Her hand stayed on his cheek as she parted her lips slightly and pressed them to Sage's.

**Both her arms wrapped around his shoulders as she leaned further into the kiss.

Sage Hazzard
May 4th, 2001, 12:17:42 AM
Sage was elated. He accepted the kiss without restraint. He locked his hands around her waist and drew her closer, not a slither of light between the two.

Good thing Sage could hold his breath for longer then a normal human, because he couldn't breath it seemed. He was shocked but happy at the same time. Finally he withdrew, but his face still stayed close to her's and his hands still locked. He took a deep breath, the first time in a minute.

"Well, that was unexpected." Sage smiled. "Well, I'm not in the dark anymore. I'm actually blinded by the light."

Sage kissed her again, this time with more passion. It felt good. No, better then good. He had been waiting for this from the first time he layed eyes on this beautiful creature. Over time he had learned just how far her beauty went. She was the most fascinating woman he had ever known in his life. He couldn't imagine living without her. His newly expressed emotions poured out, only adding to the intensity of the kiss.

JediBeldarine
May 4th, 2001, 03:09:47 AM
**Electricity flowed through her body, making every hair stand up on end. He had felt the same way as her, Bel had finally been right. She totally lost herself in the kiss, not feeling anything besides Sage's lips on hers. She could not count the time that went by as they stayed locked in a fervent kiss.

**She couldn't imagine what would have happened if Sage had not been assigned her Master. He was so much more than a friend could ever be. She pulled away slightly, resting her forehead against his. She was breathing hard, not quite remembering how long it had been since she had last taken a breath. Her arms stayed locked around his neck, holding her tightly against him. Bel had been pulled out of her chair, and was now resting on Sage's lap. Her eyes stayed closed as the woman rested her face against his.

"So what does this mean now, Sage? Where do we go from here???"

Sage Hazzard
May 4th, 2001, 03:45:47 AM
Sage smiled.

"I assume you mean our relationship, not actually movement."

Sage laughed. He was practicly giddy.

"Well, tell me Bel, how do you feel about me? I mean, I know you like me enough to kiss, that's apparent. But how deep do your feelings go? I would think that would determine our course of action. How largely we change our lives is dictated by how much we want to, how much we are willing to. So Bel, what are your true feelings for me? I'll let you go first then I'll tell you mine. Deal?"

Sage wouldn't mind if the hull callapsed, a shrapnel of metal hit him in the head, and killed him. He'd die a happy man.

JediBeldarine
May 4th, 2001, 04:09:58 AM
**The young woman laughed and pulled back, looking Sage in the eyes. Bel thought for a second while she leaned her head back. Upon opening her eyes, she stared at the ceiling for a while. Bel found her hand idly rubbing the back of his neck while she thought on his question.

"How can we ever define one's feelings for another, Sage?"

**She brought her face back down until her eyes were level with his.

"I'm only just getting used to this.. it's like a whole new feeling for me.. I just can't quite understand it all."

**Bel wrapped her arms around him tighter, resting her face on his shoulder

"Sage, I know my feelings go further than friendship... I.. I want to tell you that my feelings to so much further than that.. but I find it hard to put into words how I feel. You are not only my teacher, you are the best friend I've made here. You chased after me in the pouring rain, showing me the first sign of benevolence in so long. From the second I first saw you, I knew... it was like a spark had lit deep inside me."

**Her courage stalled. She needed to say something, but the words seemed lodged in her throat. Sweat broke out on her forehead as she pressed into Sage's shoulder.

"I... Sage, this is so terribly hard for me to say... I guess I have never really thought about it until right now.. and the emotions hitting me at once have me, confused..."

**She took a deep breath before continuing

"I.. I think I'm falling for you, Sage.. falling in love with you."

Sage Hazzard
May 5th, 2001, 03:56:09 AM
Sage smiled simply as he heard the words.

"Then shall see you at the bottom, for I have already fallen."

Sage looked down at the sweetest girl he had ever known. For the first time in his life he felt truely happy. It wasn't because she was the best kisser the galaxy had known, although she was, it was something more. He never felt this strongly about something in his life.

"I.... I love you Beldarine."

JediBeldarine
May 5th, 2001, 04:37:03 AM
**Her whole world suddenly got lighter. It was as though everything had been lifted from her shoulders. Bel hadn't heard those three words together in such a long time, and her heart beat wildly inside her chest. Closing her eyes, she snuggled into his shoulder. She felt emotions surging through her -- wonderful emotions that made her feel almost giddy. She lifted her face off of Sage's shoulder, touching her nose to his.

"You don't know how happy those three words just made me, Sage."

**Bel leaned in and kissed him again. This time her heart beat with the purest joy as they locked their bodies together. She pulled away slightly and glanced towards the table. The stew was more than likely cold, but she was still hungry. Her stomach alerted her to the face that she hadn't eaten all day, and had expended a large amount of emotional energy during the evening. Looking back towards Sage, she smiled.

"I don't know about you, Sage.. but I'm starving again. Would you rather me heat the stew up again? Or go to the bar and grill to get some of Yog's food? Either way is fine with me, you decide"

Sage Hazzard
May 7th, 2001, 02:31:03 AM
Sage smiled as his eyes lit up pure white as the Force flowed through him. He looked at the stew.

"It's warm now. I wouldn't miss your cooking for the world."

He heated it easily, the Force had many wonders.

"You know, you never said if you loved me or not. It truely doesn't matter for my feeling wouldn't change. But do you? Or are you uncertain?"

JediBeldarine
May 7th, 2001, 03:10:00 AM
**She smiled as she looked at the steam rising from the bowls of stew on the table. Bel infused herself with the Force and slid both bowls close to their seat. She shifted slightly on his lap, but did not seem to want to get up quite yet. Her eyes looked thoughtful as she pondered Sage's question. She knew how she felt, and the feelings that circulated inside were powerful. Bel's heart beat strongly with the feelings, trying to make her brain believe what it felt. Fear still lingered, however. Fear to give her heart to someone else. It was un-Jedilike to have fear.. but old hurts die hard.

**But.. what if. What if this was the one chance for her to change her attitude about love. Perhaps love did not require hurt, pain, loss. Maybe this time, Bel could amend for her past mistakes.. start anew. She did love him, though it was hard for her to admit this to herself. Sage was one of the only things in her life she depended on each day to go on. He was her rock.. her foundation. It startled her to realize how much she looked forward to seeing him every day.

"Sage.. you know it's so hard for me to say it.. because, it's hard for me to admit it to myself.."

**She rested her head against his shoulder, keeping her forehead pressed into his neck.

"Yes, Sage Hazzard. I am in love with you.. head over heals.. I cannot believe what my life would be without you in it. I love you with all my heart.. and all my soul"

**Her heart rate quickened, gaining speed in anticipation of his response.

Sage Hazzard
May 7th, 2001, 03:25:00 AM
Sage smiled. Could he ask for a better day.

"My soul and heart do not exist without you my love. When we kiss I do not feel flesh against flesh. Rather I feel our souls connecting into one. I can say without hisitation, I do love you. And it does this humble vessle good to know you love it back."

Sage looked to the bowls.

"Well, this is an eventful day, I must say. I can't imagine a larger tide changing in all my experiances, and I have seen many things. None though compare to this change. I began this day with great sorrow, never thinking I could love again. But then when I saw your face I was reassured I could love once more. I have loved you for the longest time, but only today have I had the courage to say so."

Sage licked his lips.

"I haven't had a bite to eat today. Let's eat, shall we? We can speak of our future as we fill our stomachs."

He smiled. Chewnakka would do the old "I told you so" dance he always did when he was right. But this time he didn't care.

JediBeldarine
May 7th, 2001, 04:09:50 AM
**Her heart soared with his words.. they made her feel so wonderful inside. Lifting up her head, she kissed Sage softly on the cheek. Bel stood, rising up on her tiptoes, stretching. A yawn escaped her lips as she sat down in a chair next to him. She reached and picked up her bowl, setting it in her lap as she leaned back again.

**They ate in silence for a few moments, absorbing the wild emotions that were flowing through both of them. Beldarine was the first one to speak up. Her bowl was finished, and she noticed Sage's was as well. Standing up, she smiled at him.. winking.

"You still hungry for another bowl, Sage?"

**As she waited for his answer, Bel continued..

"So hun.. what do you think our future entails?"

Sage Hazzard
May 8th, 2001, 01:40:09 AM
"Hungry enough for eight." He smiled.

As Sage thought over the words in his mind he came to the conclusion. He wanted her to be with him for the rest of his life. But how do you tell a person that? It was too soon anyway.

"Well, to tell you the truth, I'm not sure. It's not up to me, and if it was we'd be.... let's just say, really serious. But what did you have in mind? I'd probably just scare you away with over commitment."

JediBeldarine
May 8th, 2001, 02:40:10 AM
**Beldarine walked to the kitchen slowly, thinking about what he said. As she poured two new bowls of soup, she answered.

"Sage, you know that I love you."

**Each time she said those words, they came easier and easier.

"Serious has a very nice ring to it, Sage. I know it's very soon.. we're just now understanding how deep our emotions for each other go. But.. you are the only person that I want to be with, ever. I cannot imagine a day without you in it..."

**Bel trailed off as she walked back towards the table. Placing his bowl in front of him, she glanced down and smiled.

"You'll never scare me away, Sage Hazzard. Ever. It's not just up to either one of us.. it's up to both. I know I haven't really had time to get used to my feelings for you.. but I feel like I've loved you for my entire life. You have filled my thoughts since the first time I laid eyes on you.. and my love for you knows no bounds.."

**She sat down on a chair, and began to stir the stew slowly.

"I'm very understanding. I want to be serious, but if you need time, I'll be fine with it. I'll always be here, Sage.. always.. So what do you have to say about that, Mr. Hazzard?"

Sage Hazzard
May 9th, 2001, 01:26:46 AM
Sage smiled. He couldn't remember when he smiled as much in such a short timespan.

"Let's be serious. I love you, Bel, there's no denying that. And if you'd like to be serious with me, then there's nothing in our way. But the level of seriousness is in question. Since we love each other, we are far past the first stages in a relationship, I'm sure you agree. So what notch do we reach next?"

Sage took a bite of the stew. Pretty darn good. She could cook, that was certain.

"I'd be content with anything you wish. I'd be willing to devote my life to you so anything less is not too daunting for me. The choice is yours for I can imagine nothing more wondeful then to go to the last notch, so the choice is yours. Anything less I can live with for as long as it takes, my love."

JediBeldarine
May 9th, 2001, 08:39:14 PM
**By the time that Bel had finished her second bowl of stew, the woman was happily full. Her mind was mulling over what Sage had said. How serious did she want them to be? The final step was still in the distance for her, she needed to become more comfortable with having someone by her side. This was definitely going to take some getting used to in her book. Every time Bel looked at Sage, it was as if her heartrate tripled in intensity.

"Everything is so soon. All these new emotions are hitting me so fast"

**She leaned back in her chair, idly staring off in the distance.. thinking

"I think I will be simply happy knowing that you care about me as much as I do for you. I think it may be a bit soon for the final step, but I'm sure whenever you ask me.. I will say yes."

**She looked to Sage and winked. His face shone like a bright star with love.. love for her. Bel was sure her own face must have looked akin to his. A grin allowed itself to appear on her face. She had given her heart to this man, her heart and her soul. It was a daunting prospect, but something Bel was entirely happy was realized. He had finished with his bowl as well when she rose to walk over to him. Leaning down, she brushed her lips against his and winked. Bel grabbed his bowl,

"Do you want another bowl, hun? I'm done for now, but I can get you some more. There's plenty left."

**She wondered how long they had been sitting there... it must have been a decent amount of time. Her muscles twinged slightly, they would be hurting tomorrow for sure. All of a sudden, exhaustion pressed on her shoulders. Today had been both a physically and emotionally tiring day.

"By the way, Sage.. when's Nakka due back?? It's been a while since he left for Yog's. And is it just me.. or are you as exhausted as I am?"

Sage Hazzard
May 10th, 2001, 01:41:04 AM
His heart warmed more then he knew was possible. She would say "yes"..... He would keep this in mind.

"I am utterly exausted. Yet I feel great. What a contradiction."

Sage scratched his head. The furball was a little late.

"Chewnakka? The old rascal probably got into a bar fight or something more daring. He'll be back soon. Why do you ask?"

JediBeldarine
May 10th, 2001, 02:22:17 AM
**As she walked over to where Sage was sitting, a thought of how her last sentence sounded went through her mind. Bel burst out laughing and turned slightly red.

"Oh.. I so did not mean it like that.. well.. The thought just crossed my mind about where he was. He seems to be taking his dear sweet time getting back here, tonight. I wonder what you told him, Sage."

**She winked at him as she sat back down in her chair.

"I'll leave this decision up to you.. We could do one of three things. One is we could part ways, and I can jog back to the living quarters.. Two is we could go and try to liven up Yog's and expend a bit more energy.. or Three, we could spend a quiet evening together here. Your choice, my love."

Sage Hazzard
May 10th, 2001, 02:26:54 AM
"My love"..... It would take him a while to get used to hearing that from her. Sage sighed.

"The first one is out the window. The others are tempting. But as I know Chewnakka will be back soon, quiet is not what this ship will soon be. How about we go to Yog's and maybe catch up with the furball?"

Chewnakka
May 10th, 2001, 02:36:48 AM
"That's funny." He said with a monotone voice. He didn't mean it at all.

The Rodian next to him at the bar had made a snide comment towards the Wookiee's race.

"No really. And when I laugh, I feel like smashing my fist into the comedian's face." He said with a sneer. "Another 'idiotic' Wookiee custom, you understand."

"Wait a minu--"

BAM

The Rodian went flying. The Wookiee's fist was covered in blood, not his own but rather the porr sap who was sprawled out on the floor.

A barrel chested human yelled out from a corner of the bar.

"Bar fight!!!"

Chewie was hit from behind with a chair by some man who had way too much energy to vent. The chair must have felt more pain then the Wookiee because it broke in peices while the Wookiee simply swiveled around in his seat.

"Can I help you?" The Wookiee said as he stood to his enormous height.

Before the man could answer he was sent flying across the room into the window. It broke on impact and he went rolling along the ground.

The Wookiee scratched his hairy head as he spoke. "I remember fighting being harder...."

JediBeldarine
May 10th, 2001, 02:53:27 AM
**She stood up, glancing down at her clothes for a second. A flash of red emerged on her cheeks. Bel bit her lips in consternation, she didn't know what to do.

"Do you mind if we run real quick to my dorm, so I can change? I'd rather not go to the bar looking like I'm wearing my pajamas... if you don't want to, then I'll go along... It'll just take a few moments, dear."

**Her eyes fairly pleaded with him as she walked over and stood beside him.

Sage Hazzard
May 10th, 2001, 03:01:08 AM
Sage shook his head, chuckling a bit.

"I think you look great, really cute actually, but if you wish to change......"

Sage stood up and offered his arm.

".....I'll accompany you, my sweet."

JediBeldarine
May 10th, 2001, 03:54:19 AM
**She took his arm as they exited the ship. Night had fallen, and the silvery light of the moon shown down brightly.

"Thank you Sage.. You would think I looked nice in anything, but thank you for saying that."

**Beldarine had never felt the need to fill silence with meaningless words -- years of living alone had taught her the value and sanctity of silence. Instead of speaking, she simply enjoyed his company and listened to the various chirpings of the local wildlife. They arrived at the living quarters and walked up the flight of stairs. Her room was one of the first in the hallway. Using the Force, she opened the trigger on the lock, and pushed the door open.

**She invited Sage inside, and closed the door. Her room was neat and tidy, colors of pastel lavenders and blues dominated the walls and the bedcovers. Her furniture was not the usual dorm plyboard, but a sturdy oak. A large plus rug was centered on the floor, an attempt to add more comfort to the plain dorm room. It was small, but Bel tried to make it cozy. She waved towards her bed, and Sage sat down on the edge. Bel moved to her closet and pulled something out. She went into the tiny bathroom and closed the door to change.

"So Sage.. how do you like the room?"

**After a few moments, Bel emerged from the bathroom. She was wearing a long skirt that hung on her hips. It trailed on the floor until she put on a pair of sandals. It was a shimmery material, light blue in color. A cream colored tank top fit her curves perfectly. She grabbed her favorite midnight blue cloak off a peg and fastened it around her shoulders. Bel had brushed her hair into some semblance of shape, and tucked the stray strands behind her ears. Smiling widely, she tilted her head.

"Well, my love, how do I look? I think I feel ready enough to go to the bar and grill now."

Sage Hazzard
May 11th, 2001, 02:54:47 AM
"Spectacular." It was the only words he could manage to speak.

Sage stood up from the comfortable bed. He gave the room one more glance.

"Very nice Bel. You have a keen eye for design."

Sage offered his arm again.

"Well if you are ready, shall we leave my darling?"

She did look breathtaking. It made Sage remember the bulk of the customers at the B&G. He'd have to fend off all assortments of species tonight from his love, especially with her looking perticularly stunning.

JediBeldarine
May 11th, 2001, 03:28:15 AM
**Bel blushed as she took his arm,

"Why thank you, Sage.. That makes me feel positively radiant. But, I do have to admit.. I had to dress up to match your attire.. handsome"

**Winking up at him, they left her room. As they walked back outside, into the cool night air, she couldn't help but think of how happy she was. What a difference a day made.

**Again, the only sounds that intruded on their time together was the various chirpings of the local wildlife. The walk to the bar was not extremely far, and they made it there in good time. Sage politely held open the door for her as they entered the bar. The first think Bel saw as she looked around was Nakka standing with the remains of a chair scattered around him. Glancing up at Sage, Bel leaned in to whisper..

"I believe your friend may be picking a fight with some of the customers."

Sage Hazzard
May 12th, 2001, 03:26:02 AM
"Indeed."

The bar was inveloped in a all for one brawl. It was an old fashioned bar fight. In the old days, before the Jedi, Sage had enjoyed being back to back with Nakka in one of these. Now he was a differant man, somewhat, he was worried for Bel's safety. Not that she couldn't take care of herself.

"I thank we may need to take cover. Or perhaps attempt to stop this before Yog's is demolished?"

Chewnakka
May 12th, 2001, 03:30:29 AM
Chewnakka noticed Sage and made three gaint steps to approach him. He shook his head as he saw the two's arms locked. He smiled at Sage.

"I'm always right."

He winked at Bel.

As Chewnakka smiled another chair hit his back. As he turned he saw another Rodian.... a family member or fellow jerk? Doesn't matter. He smack him in the mouth, breaking his jaw and several permanent teeth. The creature hit the deck like ton of bricks, his dirty hands falling flat on the hardwood floor.

He turned back and gave a slight fake salute.

"See ya pals. I got work to do."

Chewnakka spotted a patron who was making quite a bit of ruckus. Apperantly this human was doing almost as well as the Wookiee. Chewnakka tapped him ont he shoulder and as he turned the furry fist was met with the skin on the man's chin. He fell to the floor.

JediBeldarine
May 12th, 2001, 03:49:18 AM
**She raised an eyebrow at the Wookiee's back. Barfighting in a common bar was fine, a Jedi bar might be a mistake in itself. Sith frequented the place as well, and she worried that Nakka might run across someone he wouldn't be able to handle. Glancing around, she did not see any of the more known Sith.. but one never knows. Patting Sage on the arm, she leans up towards his ear.

"I think we may need to stop it, my love. Yog never did like fighting in his bar. Let me handle it though."

**Bel leaned in and kissed him on the cheek before letting his arm go. She pulled in the Force, feeling awash with the pure brightness the energy emitted. She strode towards the fighting with a calm, yet determined expression on her face. Bel placed her hands on her hips, and suddenly an explosion of light permeated the bar and grill. It was bright enough to momentarily stun the patrons, but not enough to do any permanent damage. The slightly muted Force Blind did the trick, and all the fighters were suddenly groping at their eyes.

**She clapped her hands together loudly. The crack of her palms resounded through the bar, and everyone turned their attention towards Bel.

"Fighting is over, boys. You want to fight, take it outside. The next person who throws a punch, or a chair, or any kind of projectile gets to deal with me. Understood? This is a Jedi bar, now lets act civil, alright?"

**Her voice echoed loudly off the walls. She glared at the would-be combatants with a look of irritation in her eyes. Turning around, Bel walked back towards Sage with a pleasant smile on her face. He had an odd look on his, but she couldn't help her smile.

"Yes, dear?"

Sage Hazzard
May 13th, 2001, 03:08:26 AM
Sage smiled. He did love seeing the big Wookiee fight, it was surely in his blood. He fought like an art form. But alas, his love was correct, fighting is a terrible thing.

"Nothing. I was just thinking how 2 years ago I would be leading this all for one." He smearked as he looked at the confused Wookiee.

Chewnakka
May 13th, 2001, 03:15:50 AM
Chewnakka was, it seemed, the only one not holding his eyes. Light didn't bother him and parlor tricks didn't either. The girl was right, the man/beast knew that, he just hated being wrong. He stared at her and shook his head as he rubbed his eyes, the had after all just been blinded.

"Nice."

He wove a furry paw towards the outside.

"BAR FIGHT - Outside!"

He ran first, and made it before the others did. The entire bar emptied, except for the bartender, Sage, and his girl.

---------------------------

Chewnakka went on a bashing spree. His furry hands became dirty with all sorts of species' blood. This was why he never became a Jedi, he loved fighting. "Wars do not make one great", so what? Little fights weren't wars, and they didn't make him "great", but they were fun if they were bloody.

"ROOOOOOOOAAAAR!" He shouted scarying a approaching male, he went flying back after an uppercut by the Wookiee.

He chuckled as he simply stood there, gazing at the bar. That kid was one in a million. He hoped she was the one for him, he deserved the best. Sage was the best fighter he had known. Not because of skill.... but something else. Not the Force, he knew men who were better at in then Hazzard. But it was something else. The glint in his eye maybe, that told you that you were about to be six feet under and that he knew it too.

JediBeldarine
May 14th, 2001, 12:03:36 AM
**She watched at the patrons quickly ran outside to go break some more bones against the wookiee. Laughing, Bel shook her head. Sometimes, she would never understand men.

"Well I'm glad it's not two years ago.. Sometime you'll need to explain to me the fascination between guys and fist fights.. I can't quite understand it."

**Almost as if the reaction were automatic, the pair returned to the table they were sitting at earlier. He slid the seat out for her as they sat down together. Looking around, Bel was surprised that the bar would be so quiet this early in the evening. The serving droid rolled over and beeped an inquiry. Bel smiled and looked towards Sage,

"I think I'd like a red wine.."

**She stopped, her eyes inquiring what he would like to drink. Almost shyly, her hand slipped into his and a smile bloomed on her face.

Sage Hazzard
May 14th, 2001, 09:06:12 AM
Sage looked at the Astromech in front of him with a sideways grin. The small 'droid had a tray crudely fastened to it's dome, Sage was sure the little guy probably spelt the drinks on the patrons more then not.

"Non-Alcholic red wine for me please."

Sage flipped the 'droid a small credit, much to his gratitude. The bartender that owned the 'droid looked as if he was about to jump out of his shoes with excitement.... jeesh, it was just a buck.

"That's for you little guy."

The 'droid beeped a happy response, although the Astromech was sure the money would go to his master, by choice or not.

----------------

The drinks arrived moments later. The Automata came to a screeching halt and missed the table by a few feet. It's wheels backed up and finally stopped, some liquid spilling out from the swishing glasses.

Sage wasted no time taking the easily shattered materials off of the unstable surface. He placed the drinks on the table.

The 'droid started to beep and squeel. This little 'droid had gall, he wanted anpther tip. Even thought the service was terrible, half of the glasses contents spilled onto the floor, Sage humored the 'droid. A single credit fell on the tray with a bounce. The Astromech didn't budge. So a second later another credit fell. Sage chuckled as the 'droid ran away to count his money and hide it from his human master.

Sage turned his attention back to Bel, squeezing her hand slightly to show his emotion for her.

"Red Wine, good choice."

JediBeldarine
May 18th, 2001, 01:24:57 PM
**A slight chuckle escaped her lips as she watched the droid scamper off behind the bar. Bel shook her head slightly, smiling. She felt Sage squeeze her hand, and her smile only deepened. Swirling the red liquid in the glass for a second, she stared into the deep red depths. It always helped her to think -- the rich hues of wine stirred something deep inside her.

"Why thank you, Sage. I love red wine.. Something about the color and the taste. Very soothing."

**Her eyes swiveled back to Sage, and she stared deep into his crystal clear blue eyes.

"So, my dear.. Would you like to toast to anything?"