PDA

View Full Version : Bearer of Bad Tidings (Sage)

Nichos Marr
May 21st, 2001, 11:44:37 AM
Nichos sat alone in a secluded table near the back of the bar. He didn't look right. His face was pale from lack of sleep and bags had formed under his eyes.

The Knight slowly sipped his glass of white wine. He finished it all, as if alcohol could ease the gut wrenching pain he felt. Nichos had just gotten out of a Bacta tank from a recent fight with a Dark Sider. One that he would never forget. The memory of the fight haunted his dreams for the past few days.

"I'll have another glass of this stuff." Nichos muttered to the waitress that had passed by. She took his glass. A few minutes later she returned with a full glass. Nichos took it from her and slouched in his chair a bit. He had commed Sage to meet him in the bar. Nichos stared at his watch. 5 minutes past their meeting time.

He should be arriving any minute now, Nichos thought to himself.

Sage Hazzard
May 21st, 2001, 12:27:54 PM
Sage came in from the dreary rain. He shook off jacket, rain droplets fell to the floor. Sage saw Nichos, Nichos saw him. Sage looked to his watch, pointed to it, and made an apologitic gesture from across the room. He ordered a drink on his way to the table.

"Sorry I'm late."

Sage threw his wet jacket in the chair next to the one he had chosen. He plopped down in his own seat.

"What did you need?"

Nichos Marr
May 21st, 2001, 12:38:57 PM
"Hi..Sage." Nichos took another sip of his drink and set it down on the table.

Before speaking, Nichos lowered his head a bit, submerging it in the darkness.

"I'm afraid I have some really bad news. Last week in meditation, the Force directed me to Hoth. Upon arriving there, I found an excavation team, all of them dead."

Nichos cleared his throat.

"Then I found Jeseth Cloak. He succeeded in trapping me for a while. Fire was on Hoth too at the time. I managed to escape from my trap, but it was...too late." Nichos was struggling to say the next few words. He was working hard on controlling emotions.

"Fire tried ot stop Jeseth. He ki-killed her...I was too late to actually save her. Then Jeseth and I engaged in battle. He managed to beat me and get away with her body...I would've told you sooner, but I was in a Bacta tank this whole time."

Nichos put a hand on his cheek. Slowly his whole face slumped downwards.

<font size=1>"I'm sorry Sage."

Sage Hazzard
May 22nd, 2001, 02:16:52 AM
Sage couldn't speak. He lowered his head, not wanting to believe it. He shook his head in denile.

"Yes, I felt something through the Force, but I thought it could have been something else. It was the silence of her voice..... I never thought she would be dead."

Sage stood up, the chair he sat in was thrown back abruptly.

"I demand to see her body."

Force Master Hunter
May 22nd, 2001, 02:31:15 AM
:: Hunter had been resting, eyes closed, just listening to the sounds of the Jedi in the bar. A disturbance made him turn and he heard Nichos' words.

He fell off his chair in surprise.

Fire Hazzard? No.....::

Satine Capashen
May 22nd, 2001, 08:32:34 AM
Alpha, sitting at another table farther away picks up bits of Sage's and MArr's conversation, sicne he has excellent hearing. Then he hears something that completely turns his world upside down. Fire. Dead. One of his first friends the second time he joined the Jedi, and now she was...

No, it can't be. Looks like JEsseth has something more to pay for when I get ahold of him...

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
May 22nd, 2001, 12:40:55 PM
**Leia was just sitting at a table very quietly sipping some white wine while looking over a datapad trying to get up to date on current events. All of a sudden, Leia felt uneasy. Her eyes ventured up from the datapad as she watch and overheard Nichos speaking to Sage.**

**The Jedi Master faced turned sullen with disbelief**

Noooooooo!! This can't be!! Not her dear friend Fire. One of her and Obi's closest friends and dear sister to their friend Sage. No!!

**Tears started to well up in Leia's eyes she did not know what to do. The petite Jedi Master slowly made her way to Nichos and Sage. Her stomach was turning with each step she took closer to their table**

**Upon arriving at the table, Leia could not find the words to speak. All she could do was feel a sickening feeling in her stomach. She knew deep down that this was the truth. The Jedi Master tried to swallow as there was a uncontrollable lump in her throat. She tried desperately to find the right words. Turning to Nichos, Leia knew deep down that he was speaking the truth..Leia finally spoke**

Nichos..please tell me this is not true!! PLEASE......!!!

Teka Kenobi
May 22nd, 2001, 12:54:39 PM
**At the opposite side of the bar to the commotion Teka sat drinking some sort of fizzy substance. He wasn't sure what it actually was, but it tasted nice, and he had it. So he drank it.

He was looking round the room at the people when he noticed one of the Masters fall of his seat. He new something was diferent. Or wrong. How often was it that a fully trained Jedi master fell of of his seat in a bar...a sober Jedi that is.

Looking to the right slighly he saw Nichos with Sage talking. Sage was upset, he could tell. It was when Leia walked over to the table that he stood. She started to shout a little and he made his way over to the table. Seeing that Alpha seemed to be knowing what was happening he walked over to him.

What...What's happened?

He looked at him straight in the eye waiting for a response. He new it wouldn't be a good one...**

Kaman Jeris Deliai
May 22nd, 2001, 03:17:42 PM
Noticing her Master and another person she knows, Sage, in the B&G, she walks towards them. What she sees is people in a sad state, and what she feels is sadness, tears, and recent talk of death....

"Master Nichos, Sage...Whats wrong?"

Lance Casey
May 22nd, 2001, 03:29:19 PM
On the roof of the bar and grill, Casey is sitting, listening through a samll headset hooked up to a recorder in the bar. The news of Fire's death brings a wave of feelings through him, the biggest being sadness.

Nichos Marr
May 22nd, 2001, 03:53:45 PM
Nichos raised his head to see the barrage of people that had shuffled over. He knew even some from other tables were listening. He could see FMH fall off his chair in surprise.

"I--I can't do that Sage. Jeseth took the body. I tried to stop him...I'm sorry."

Nichos was now fighting to control his emotions. Thousands of thoughts swam in his head. Then he turned to regard Leia and his Padawan Kaman.

"It is true Leia. Fire Hazzard was killed by Jeseth Cloak. I know she was a dear friend to you..."

He turned to face Kaman.

"A Jedi that used to be a member of the Order was killed...by a Dark Jedi."

He put one hand on his head, calling on the Force for calmness.

Teka Kenobi
May 22nd, 2001, 04:34:55 PM
**He didn't now need a response from Alpha. He heard what Nichos had said. He closed his eyes and looked to the side. He didn't know the Jedi. Well anyway. But the loss of someone not necissarily (sp?) close to you, but someone you have known from a-fare can also be a sad time.

He dared not say anything. He doubted that either would get mad, but he felt that now was not the time.**

Kaman Jeris Deliai
May 22nd, 2001, 04:36:49 PM
Kaman nods, feeling deeply sorry for the loss...

"Sage, Nichos. I am here if anyone wishes to talk. I have a place concentrated with the Force if anyone wishes to get away for a little while, to meditate or anything. I have a cabin built there, and it is the most peaceful place I know. I myself have not been there for some time, but I know it has not been touched. Just ask. I'll be going there soon. I have a few things to take care of."

She remains standing there.

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
May 22nd, 2001, 04:44:51 PM
**Not a word could Leia utter. She just stared at Nichos with disbelief. Sadness filled her heart, as she closed her eyes gently trying to hide back the tears. Leia tried to calm her emotions for her friends sake. She pushed her emotions on the side and placed her hand gently on Nichos shoulder**

Nichos, you've done all you could my friend. Please, do not blame yourself for this. It is quite unfortunate. But rest assure Nichos, you did do every thing possible that you could.

**Leia looked up from Nichos and stared off at Sage. She gulped down before stepping towards Sage. Leia desperately tried to surpress her emotions again for Sage's sake. Not knowing what to do, seeing Sage was very upset and for very good reasons. Leia stopped before Sage**

Sage...I..I..just don't know what to say.

**A soft sigh could be heard as a tear trickled down Leia's cheek**

Gosh..Sage if there is any thing I can do for you please let me know. You and Fire have been dear and close friends of both Obi and I. You are like family. Please...know we are here for you my friend.

Teka Kenobi
May 22nd, 2001, 04:57:48 PM
**Teka stepped forward trying to speak. The time for silence was over.

I think I speak for al of us when i say we're all here for you Sage. Just say the word and I'd like to think that everyone here would gladly help you. If you need anything Sage..

He tried to make a smile appear on his face but the weak effort revealed nothing. He waited, knowing not what for, possibly a response but that was doubtful, to him anyway. Maybe someone else would speak..**

amichan24
May 22nd, 2001, 06:33:51 PM
Ami walked into the bar. She had expected to just sit down and say hi to a few people, but she felt something... As she approached the door, it felt like there was an emotion setting in... sadness, depression... She became worried as she stepped into the bar and grill.

There was Nichos in the corner. He was talking with Sage and a few others. But it didn't seem like him... he looked so tired...

She walked over quickly and spoke in a worried voice. "Nichos... what's happened?"

Sage Hazzard
May 23rd, 2001, 01:03:38 AM
Sage turns over the table through a serge in the Force.

"Then I shall find Jeseth Cloak. Tell me.... Tell me you put a tracking device on his ship!!!!"

Sage knew he most likely had not, but it was the only thing he could think of at the moment.

"Do you know his place of residence! I shall find this vile scum and return my sister so she may be cremated like all great Jedi are! Where is he?!"

Sage ignited his Lightsabre as he tore it off his belt. He wasn't anger. It was disgust at how his dear sister could be denied a proper burial.

Satine Capashen
May 23rd, 2001, 08:32:25 AM
Alpha walks over to Sage an puts a hand on his friend's shoulder.

"Sage, if you need help just say the word. Even if you just want some company on the trip..."

Teka Kenobi
May 23rd, 2001, 12:36:43 PM
**Teka looked to the floor. He wasn't sure how to act, what to say or do. He decided to take a step back to let Sage have a bit more rooom. It was getting crowded now and Teka was sure this was not what Sage needed right now..**

Lance Casey
May 23rd, 2001, 04:26:49 PM
Casey could hear the commotion in the bar. Then an idea came into his mind. If Sage wanted Fire's body back, then he would get it back for Sage. Casey jumps from the roof and rolls onto the muddy ground. He knew that Sage was a great jedi and would find Jeseth any way, but this may be the one chance for Casey to make up for the things his clone did and finally set things right with the jedi. But he would need help.

Skeeboo Krenin
May 24th, 2001, 09:41:46 PM
(Skeeboo listened from a nearby table. He never did like it when people died. Although he was not a human, his emotions were quite similar to theirs. He could understand the state that the Jedi Master was in.)

"Poor Guy."

(Skeeboo made mental notes of these occurances. Hopefully it could be used to stop this Jeseth guy. The Rodian got up from his seat, and walked out of the bar.)