PDA

View Full Version : :: Scoping out the bar ... ::

Tirsa Krylana
May 28th, 2001, 11:13:53 PM
:: ... as it was pretty late her at Yog's B&G. How she was always able to find herself her at times made no sense but you never know what one can find out just by obsever what the Jedi do. It was better at least then being surrounded by Sith ... well, it depended on which ones they were :)

Now she was alone, sitting at the bar lost in her own thoughts, wondering if perhaps any kind of fortune might come her way ::

Nupraptor
May 28th, 2001, 11:20:47 PM
Lost in her multitude of thoughts, the Nebari woman was just a bit startled as a hand tapped her on the shoulder lightly.

Tirsa Krylana
May 28th, 2001, 11:28:28 PM
"Gah!"

:: she turned around, coming out of her thoughts quickly. It took a moment to register who she was looking at ::

"What do ya want?"

Nupraptor
May 28th, 2001, 11:30:29 PM
The Jedi supressed a chuckle, keeping his face stoic as he responded.

"A little out of place here, aren't we? Don't suppose you'd want to share why you're here; I doubt you came all this way to see little old me."

Tirsa Krylana
May 28th, 2001, 11:36:06 PM
"I'm always outta place. I just never try to fit in."

:: she flashed a grin and took a sip of her Ale ::

"Oh, and the answer to your question is nope. I don't like sharing." :p

Nupraptor
May 28th, 2001, 11:40:14 PM
"Hmm... I can deal with that."

:: shrugs ::

"Let me venture another question, then: Is your significant other around? She doesn't seem to like me much."

Tirsa Krylana
May 28th, 2001, 11:50:37 PM
:: she frowned ::

"Is that why you want to know if she's around or not ... to find out if she doesn't like you."

:|

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Dense."

Nupraptor
May 28th, 2001, 11:54:38 PM
"You, my dear, have an amazing knack for misconstruing intention."

:: He paused, a bored look on his face as he let his gaze wander around the room. ::

"May I have a seat?"

Tirsa Krylana
May 28th, 2001, 11:59:52 PM
"So ... since there's nothing to do, you want to join me?"

:: she looks around the room and bascially comes to the same conclusion that this place is boring ::

"Ah, what the frell. Sit."

Nupraptor
May 29th, 2001, 12:06:20 AM
:: He smiled, nodding his head slightly in a motion of thanks. Pulling a stool closer, he sat down next to her. ::

"Such language... it's unbecoming."

Tirsa Krylana
May 29th, 2001, 12:21:39 AM
:: she made a face ::

"Oh please like it matters :rolleyes:

Your talking to someone that was raised in the slums. Kinda just rolls off the tongue."

Nupraptor
May 29th, 2001, 12:24:00 AM
"So you seek to blame your upbringing for your poor mannerisms? :/ Perhaps you should take another look at who and what you are."

Tirsa Krylana
May 29th, 2001, 12:42:39 AM
:: she sighs ::

"Now your the one misconstruing and I don't need to have someone insult me then try to do armchair psychology about who and what I am."

Nupraptor
May 29th, 2001, 01:02:12 AM
:: clearing his throat ::

"I didn't mean to offend you. I just think that there is the capability to do good in every single person. Some people just refuse to face it."

Tirsa Krylana
May 29th, 2001, 01:05:19 AM
:: slaps her forehead and drinks her ale ::

Nupraptor
May 29th, 2001, 01:08:03 AM

"... But I'll only put as much effort into helping people see this as they're willing to put in themselves. I'm not going to force you to be something you're not."

:: He trailed off for a few moments. ::

"We all can only be who we are: No more, no less."

Tirsa Krylana
May 29th, 2001, 01:15:39 AM
:: holds up her hand, opening and closing it in time with Nup's words and :rolleyes: ::

Nupraptor
May 29th, 2001, 01:37:01 AM
:: Clenching his jaw, Nupraptor raised both hands to grab the opposite sides of the hood which concealed most of his face, pulling it back and allowing his hair to fall free. ::

"Why do you come here? Does it amuse you to see so many people that still cling to hope?"

"Or are you looking for something a bit deeper?"

Tirsa Krylana
May 29th, 2001, 01:43:37 AM
"Oooo ... eyepatch." :)

:: she fights the urge to play with it ::

"I come here for work but end up being lectured everytime I come here. Besides, I already have what I been looking for."

Nupraptor
May 30th, 2001, 12:27:34 AM
"Oh? And what is it that has captured the interest of a Space Pirate such as yourself?"

Tirsa Krylana
May 30th, 2001, 12:38:05 AM
:: she takes a peanut from the bowl and munches on it ::

"I bet you'd like to know the answer to that."

Nupraptor
May 30th, 2001, 12:42:47 AM
:: The Jedi tuned slightly to his left so that he could better face his listener. He allowed a moment of silence to hang in the air dramatically. ::

"... I could find out, if I wanted to."

Tirsa Krylana
May 30th, 2001, 12:59:27 AM
:: she chuckled and crunched another peanut ::

"Well, if you mean the mind stuff .. going into my head. One, ain't that against your code and if you did ..."

:: she grinned wickedly ::

"... you wouldn't like the memories I would force you to see."

:: she popped another peanut into her mouth and smiled ::

Nupraptor
May 30th, 2001, 01:12:00 AM
:: He nodded. ::

"Indeed, it is against our code. But are you willing to entrust your secrets to a vague moral concept?

The only thing that restrains me is my own ethic boundaries. Because, with every ounce of what you would call 'power' comes an equal amount of responsibility. It's a very basic truth."

Tirsa Krylana
May 30th, 2001, 01:16:47 AM
"Soooo ... in other words, I was right."

:: she snickers ::

"And I thought Dalethria talked too much."

Nupraptor
May 30th, 2001, 01:20:58 AM
"..."

"You can't hold up that facade forever. But, for now, I will drop it."

:: Reaching into one of the nearly invisible pockets of his robes, Nupraptor pulled out a small object, keeping it concealed in the palm of his hand. ::

"Tell me: Is there anything I can do for you, then?"

Tirsa Krylana
May 30th, 2001, 01:29:10 AM
"Nope. Your doing quite well in making me look the fool. Why should I ask for anything?"

:: she continued munching on the peanuts trying not to look at Nup's hand. But ... she was curious about it and she knew that the Jedi wanted just that ::

Nupraptor
May 30th, 2001, 01:38:29 AM
"Making you appear foolish was not my intention, I assure you. Opening your mind to other possibilities, however, was."

:: His gaze flickered down to his hand and the concealed object within. ::

"I am at the point where I not only concern myself with every single step I take - every breath that passes through my artifical lungs - but that I then concern myself with those concerns. 'Am I worrying too much?', I wonder. 'How does this affect other people's opinions and views of me?'... a million and one questions that nag at me constantly."

Tirsa Krylana
May 30th, 2001, 01:54:42 AM
:: she raised a hand up to stop Nup before he continued his babbling ::

"Why are you telling me this and why should I care?"

Nupraptor
May 30th, 2001, 02:01:20 AM
:: He stopped in mid-sentence, frowning. ::

"I am telling you so that you understand where I'm coming from. Hedonism, while transparently enjoyable, is shallow. I want you to take a step back from your life and observe it. 'The unexamined life is not worth living', or so say the Philosophers."

Tirsa Krylana
May 30th, 2001, 02:04:11 AM

"I don't claim to be the smarest person in the known universe but ..."

:: she looks him squarely in the eye ::

"... what the frell did you just say?"

Nupraptor
May 31st, 2001, 01:10:03 AM
:: Nupraptor closed his one good eye and made a noise that was something in between a chuckle and a sigh. ::

"I just think it's a good idea for every single person to stop and think about what they're doing, every now and again. I did that recently, and I found that I have a hard time utilizing any little thing that would give me an unfair advantage over any other living being."

:: Finally, the Jedi opened his palm to reveal what he held inside: A small, metal orb. ::

"Is it right, for example, to have an artificial eye which provides me with superior sight? Is it fair, even in the capacity of a Jedi, to use the Force so that he can accomplish something normal people cannot?"

Tirsa Krylana
May 31st, 2001, 12:42:22 PM
:: she looked at what was revealed in the Jedi's hand for a moment. Her curiously had been quenched and was disappointed that something more interesting was shown ::

"Well with an attitude like that, no wonder you guys don't do much for the "greater good."

:: she brings two fingers up and accentuates the greater good part and laughs. Truly she despised those two words ::

Nupraptor
May 31st, 2001, 04:35:45 PM
:: Nupraptor bowed his head before continuing to speak. ::

"Yes, I sometimes wonder if there is any merit to the actions I take. I used to fret because my past had a habit of haunting me, every single day: It no longer does. That single fact is more disquieting than anything I've ever faced before."

:: Slowly, he lifted the eyepatch from it's position and removed it from his head. Raising the hand that clutched his metallic eye, he pushed it back into it's proper place. Once more, Nupraptor let out a soft sigh before raising his midnight blue hood up around his face again. ::

"Sometimes I wonder...", he repeated.

Tirsa Krylana
Jun 1st, 2001, 12:00:39 AM
:: she watched in fascination as Nup put his eye back into place with a tilt of her head. Leaning forward more, Tirsa grinned ::

"At least having a life as a .. how you say it, hedonist? I know I'm never bored as you seem to be always here."

Nupraptor
Jun 1st, 2001, 10:02:25 AM
:: The Jedi allowed a playful smirk to cross his face. ::

"Was that an offer to keep me entertained, then?"

Tirsa Krylana
Jun 1st, 2001, 12:48:41 PM
:: she wet her lips and leaned ever so close to the mouth of Nup's ::

"Depends on your definition of entertainment ..."

:: without waiting for a reply she moved away and laughed ::

"... and if I was into Jedi." :p

Nupraptor
Jun 1st, 2001, 01:05:45 PM
:: Nupraptor turned his head away from her, blushing profusely but not saying a word. ::

Tirsa Krylana
Jun 1st, 2001, 01:24:12 PM
"That's a nice shade of red on you."

:: she rose from her stool and moved behind the Jedi, lacing her arms around his neck ::

"And here you were trying to show me the error of my ways when you obviously don't know what you want."

:: pulls back the right side of his hood and kisses him on the cheek ::

"Be seeing you around."

:: her hands slide down the sides of his body before she let go and made her way to the exit ::

Nupraptor
Jun 1st, 2001, 01:31:12 PM
:: Sighing, the Jedi leaned back against the bar a little bit. After about a minute, he reached into his pocket to retrieve his eyepatch... and it was missing. ::

"Vulking pickpocket..." -_-;;