PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for a man named Sanis Prent.

Kyros Kane
Jul 31st, 2001, 07:02:05 AM
::Kyros steps into the B+G and takes a dimly lit booth in the back::
::A waitress aproches::
Waitress=What can i get you?
Kyros=A bottle of cheap rum.
::The waitress gets the rum and leaves. Kyros pulls out his lucky shot glass and begins to drink as he waits for a man named Sanis Prent to arrive::

Sanis Prent
Jul 31st, 2001, 10:42:42 AM
(Sanis had got the message earlier that day. The typical anonymous "meeting" message...and at the bar & grill to boot. It wasn't particuarly new to Sanis, so he was able to play the game fairly well.

Walking into the establishment, Sanis checked his weaponry at the door, all except for his mandalorian piece, which never left his person. Tucking the antique under his sportcoat, the entrepeneur made sure his outward appearance didn't expose any harmful intent. Best to keep the guy on the other side of the table with a cool head.

He walked over to the table, ordering a pint of Sullustian dark in a frosted stein. Sitting down, Sanis stared down the man who had summoned him.)

You rang?

Kyros Kane
Jul 31st, 2001, 02:12:35 PM
That i did Sanis from what i hear your the man to come to when someone is intertested in a certian type of busniess. Id like to talk to ya about it but i think the B+G isint e very secure place do you have a better more secure place we can talk?

Sanis Prent
Jul 31st, 2001, 02:27:20 PM
Business, eh?

(Sanis glanced around, and raised an eyebrow. After a moment, he turned back, and took a sip of his beer.)

So...did you see the Malastare podracing medley yesterday?

(A cool hand had to be played here. Any idiot could tell something was afoot if two people came by the bar, spoke barely a word to each other, and left before they could take two gulps from their drink. He didn't know what the secrecy was about, but he'd go along for now.)

Kyros Kane
Jul 31st, 2001, 05:22:21 PM
::Kyros takes another shot of rum::
Nah i missed it. Plus i hate the crowds its way to hard to get a seat.

Sanis Prent
Jul 31st, 2001, 10:06:58 PM
(He tossed back another gulp of the draught)

I know what you mean. Its better to catch the Holo-cast of it. Not to mention you only catch about 3 or 4 seconds of actual race from where you're sitting. The rest is all onscreen.

(As he talked, Sanis subtly reached up, and tapped at his left earlobe in a very casual manner)

Then again, if you catch a seat on a straightaway, its a good show for the price. Malastare isn't my top choice, but I've seen worse courses.

Kyros Kane
Aug 1st, 2001, 03:50:28 AM
::Kyros noticesd the signal sanis was trying to send but not quite what he was trying to say::
Well i have always seen it this was watching people race is kinda like waching people go to a fair. It isint really fun unless your there doing it living in the rush.

::Kyros sent sanis a message via the force. Keep up the small talk and as soon as you feel we are less likely to be noticed lead the way out.::

Sanis Prent
Aug 1st, 2001, 10:22:51 AM
Well, I've been known to do plenty of crazy things...but you can count me out of pod racing. Thats an accident waiting to happen. I'm just fine with watching it. That way, I know my ass isn't on the line when the caution flag goes down.

(Suddenly...Sanis felt a strange feeling, similar to when Daleethria used to project her thoughts on him. The sudden change suprised him...and he didn't like it. Sanis looked away suddenly.)

Stop that. Don't ever do that again, please.

Kyros Kane
Aug 1st, 2001, 03:13:10 PM
::Kyros was very suprised at the reaction Sanis gave to the force.::
Sorry bro i had no clue.
::Kyros felt a sudden rush of sadness and pain when Sanis reacted to his message.::
Here man this seams to take the edge off of life.
::Kyros poured Sanis a shot of rum and slid it to him::

Sanis Prent
Aug 2nd, 2001, 12:29:26 AM
(Sanis allowed a grin to creep onto his face, as he kindly refused the drink)

No thanks....rum doesn't sit well with the dark stuff.

(With that, he took his pint down by half. Wiping away the frothy remnants of the beer's head from his upper lip, Sanis absent-mindedly wiped a finger's worth of condensation off of his mug)

Then again...I've all-but sworn off anything clear and alcoholic.

Kyros Kane
Aug 2nd, 2001, 01:56:13 AM
::Kyros laughs as he takes down another shot.:: So have i about thirty times now as i recall.Something seams to be on your mind. Feel like talkin? Seams like i have nothing but time on my hands since i came back into this part of the universe. Nothimg but new faces around here.

Sanis Prent
Aug 2nd, 2001, 12:44:18 PM
(Sanis finished the dregs of his pint, and leaned back slightly in his seat)

Well, as much as I'd like to sit and chat...I've got to get back to my ship. But nice talking to you while I could.

(Plunking a credit chit onto the table, Sanis stood, and departed the bar, walking back to the docking bays half a mile away.)

Kyros Kane
Aug 2nd, 2001, 03:49:09 PM
::Kyros pays for his drink and leaves the bar. As he leaves the bar he sees a speeder bike parked in the front.::
Well i have to catch up to Sanis.
::Kyros quickly hotwires the bike and races off to the docking bay, As he arrives he sees Sanis has just arrived.::
::Kyros yells to Sanis:: Hey man i still need to talk about busniess.