PDA

View Full Version : The test

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 22nd, 2001, 10:20:18 PM
The Shadow Jedi comes downstairs from the meeting of the Jedi Council. His face, being covered hides the expression, which may well have been good. He moves to a relatively clear area before speaking, his voice quiet and deep, but still quite powerful

"Nash Stolar. I wish for Nash Stolar to step towards me please"

Nash Stolar
Jul 22nd, 2001, 10:29:40 PM
*Nash got up from his table after he heard his name being called... he looked at the man then steped forword*

"Yes?"

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 22nd, 2001, 10:44:47 PM
Shadow Jedi examined the Padawan as he walked up. He waited until Stolar spoke, before speaking again.

"The Council are unsure whether you are ready to be promoted. They have noticed your improvement, but wonder if this improvement is permanent. Therefore, you are being given the chance to prove yourself. Put aside your weapons, you will not find them useful.

Unlike most trails, you are being told what this is. You are to fight me, using what you know of the Force and you will show that you will not use the Dark Side, under any pressure. There is no further rule and you may use any object that comes to hand that is inside this bar. Oh, Except one. This test is lethal. You succeed, you are promoted. If you fail.... I believe the outcome of that is obvious"

The patrons of the bar began to shuffle back nervously as Shadow Jedi eased into back stance, both hands coming forward. One hand stops with fist clenched, the other palm open. He beckons Stolar

"Hit me... if you can"

OOC : This is thirty moves total. May the Force be with you.

Nash Stolar
Jul 22nd, 2001, 11:13:44 PM
*nash crossed his arms and looked at the person.. his eyes held a tone of question.. he had no clue who this person was or why he said he had to fight him to be promoted*

"I have learned something, from my training here..It is that jedi do not fight other jedi.. I learned this from the one known as Darth turbogeek.. and you clame to come from the counil, so you should know this better then most people.. and if I have to fight in a bar to get promoted then I would rather leave the order, then to take a chance of hitting someone not ment to be a target."

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 22nd, 2001, 11:33:12 PM
"That... is a remarkably good answer. But you should quite well be aware that fighting is not the physical. It can be contending with the spoken word, with your thoughts"

The shadow Jedi came to ease, hands behind his back

"it is coustomary for a Knight to be tested without their knowing. Most times Darth Turbogeek I believe would set out something, some unusual, some not so, but all would take the Knight to the point where they would make a clear choice. It was at that point that they would be judged on if they were worthy of promotion.

So I will tell you why here, if that is what you question. It will test your control. it will test your ability to think quickly. It will test your ability to resist the Dark Side. This also tests you in what could well be a real life situation. Now... how do you choose to contend with me?"

Post 2

Nash Stolar
Jul 23rd, 2001, 12:29:00 AM
*nash took a deep breath and let it out... he looked around the bar and saw some people leaving, but some stayed.. he growled slighty and looked back at the shadow jedi*

"physical....."

*Nash removed his cape and weapons and set them down behind the bar table*

"When you are ready..you go first.."

*he bowed then took up a counter stance*

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 23rd, 2001, 08:46:02 PM
What was it with most Jedi that they insisted on their opponent attacking first? He was somewhat puzzled by this, if Jedi was faced with a battle they could not escape, surely giving up the advantage of action and being restricted to reaction was giving the opponent an advantage. But if the Padawan wanted to do it this way…

The Shadow Jedi snapped his arms out side ways, his hands revealed. Both of them were heavily banadaged. He bought them forward as if in prayer, before he ducked slightly and pushed off, using the Force to give power to his jump. As he came down, his arms windmilled as he targeted a double open hand chop onto the top of Stolar’s shoulder blades

Nash Stolar
Jul 23rd, 2001, 11:15:59 PM
*nash was almost taken down by the momentum of the attack but he still keeped himself up.. countering he kneed the snadow jedi in the gut.. as he moved back slighty nash flexed is arms.. they still worked but still hurt.. but the pain did not mean much.. he was set on one goal, to be a knight... With a quick move nash lifted a arm at the other jedi and extended his plam..then fired a force blast at the shadow jedi*

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 24th, 2001, 07:24:29 PM
His reflexes took took the edge off the knee attack, relaxing and flowing with the blow and allowing himself to go backwards a few steps. Once again, he stepped into a defensive position, watching as the Padawan raised a palm. Shadow Jedi relaxed into the Force, making himself ready.

He would have admitted that a Force blast was not expected. Who taught the Padwan this? But even if it was unexpected, he had seen it before, his mind automatically pushing out a Force shield to meet the attack. The blast broke around his upraised arm that seemed to glow blue, which faded away quickly. He kept his mind concentrating on the shield as he began to sidestep, eyes examining the bar for placement of objects and devices. Becoming more acutely aware of his enviroment, becoming familiar and part of it.

But that was later. For now he had a more testing idea.

A hand flicked outwards, using the Force to impose his will. His voice, while quiet and deep was still powerful as he spoke, the Force being used to magnify the spoken word with the Mind Trick.

“Sit down”

Nash Stolar
Jul 24th, 2001, 10:57:08 PM
*with out much resistance nash repeated the words then sat down.. with his hands to his side and looking straight forword with an emotionless face*

"......."

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 24th, 2001, 11:18:41 PM
OOC : ??????? You can resist that ???????

Nash Stolar
Jul 24th, 2001, 11:23:38 PM
ooc: 0_o;;; I sat down

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 25th, 2001, 03:05:21 AM
OOC : You just surprised me. I thought you would have tried to resist. So that's what you did, sit and not seem to fight?

Nash Stolar
Jul 25th, 2001, 05:03:16 PM
ooc: waoh, lost the padawan.. all I did was sit down.. was that resisting the mind trick? maybe ^_^

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 25th, 2001, 07:14:16 PM
OOC : Okay, I'll bite. Despite the suspicion you've got me set up for something....

IC : He was surprised to say the least. No fight? Puzzled that the trick worked so easily, he moved forward, even slightly confused. He hadn't planned on this and was rapidly working out what next to do. Was this over so fast?

Nash Stolar
Jul 27th, 2001, 06:23:40 PM
*nash keeped sitting as he watched the shadow jedi slighty, he made sure not to move..but then something else cought his mind... does he know the trik diden't work? Is he just playing along as I was? No time to think.. now is the time to prove myself.. nash started to lift objects behind him such as glasses and other things you might find on a bar's table..then nash's eyes regained sense of life as he started to bow, suddenly the glasses and things nash was lifting behind his back flew up then darted at the shadow jedi with great speed... even the padawan was surprised on how fast he sent the glasses*

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 27th, 2001, 11:03:23 PM
The flickrer that something was wrong was the bow. The Shadow Jedi stopped, mind now on full alert. The second thing was being hit by a bottle at high speed. He stumbled as more glasses came flying at him. A part of his mind kicked into high gear, making his feet move as the hail of glassware continued, some breaking and spraying the area with glass. He ran for a table, dived, slid over the surface and fell down behind it, taking shelter from the hail of missiles.

By the Force... he lead me into that one!!!

And it hurt too. He could feel the places on his body that had been hit. The crashing and breaking of glasses was about him and there was framents everywhere where he was crouched. Well, it looked like this Padawan was much more than he seemed.

Shadow Jedi concentrated in the Force feeliing where in the Force Stolar was, then used the Force to sweep up some of the fragments. They hovered as he breathed out and sought the best timing to do this...

Now!

He leapted up and pointed, the cloak snapping as he did. The glass fragments answered his command, targeted straight ath the Padawan in a deadly rain

Nash Stolar
Jul 28th, 2001, 12:14:09 AM
"Geez!"

*Nash bolted up just as the glass started to rain down..the pieces started to hit his leavign small scrapes and cuts.. the pain was not to much at the start but it started to grow as the glass became more accurate and with bigger chunks too..nash lifted his plm at the flying glass pushing past the pain.. and past the pain of the shards cutting through his plam... he then force blasted the rest of the shards sending them around the bar.. and away from his preventing anymore damage*

"My own attacked twisted then used agenst me..but you did say you were from the council.. so I should have expected as much.."

*nash began to use the force to helpp heal his wounds.. but he left most of his force power open tp attack, just as he did so.. nash ran at the shadow jedi with what seemed like a force helped run.... when he was a few feet away from his target he jumped up then fliped fo his feet were forward.. then he connected both his feet to the jedi taking his down along with himself.. nash landed on his back.. and had the air slighty knocked out of him but he regained quickly and stood back up*

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 30th, 2001, 08:21:38 PM
As Stolar kicked out, The Shadow Jedi ducked, allowing the blow to be softened. he went to the ground and came up much faster, alrready on his feet before the Padwan was. One arm struck out, timed to intersect with Stolar's throat as he rose.

"ACK!"

The grip was powerful.... but it wasn't killing power. Abruptly, Shadow Jedi let go.

"Test's over. I dont need to see more. Congratulations Jedi Nash Stolar I hereby promote you to the rank of Jedi Knight"

He extended his hand "Rare it is I get impressed. But you managed that twice. I see no point in continuing when I know what the result was"

Nash Stolar
Jul 30th, 2001, 08:46:12 PM
*nash got using the shadow jedi's hand to help him up*

"thank you"

*nash bowed slighty then stood straight*

"I will not fail the jedi as a knight.."

*he looked down at his hand and gritted his teeth as he started to pull glass shards from his hand. he stoped then looked up*

"I just have one question .......... just who are you?"

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 30th, 2001, 08:55:31 PM
"That.... you will find out soon enough when you enter Avalon as you may now do. Fare thee well Jedi Knight"

He turned and walked out without further comment