View Full Version : Is hope fleeting

Estelle Russard
Jul 18th, 2001, 11:42:29 PM
Slipping quietly into the noisy atmosphere of the bar
and grill, Estelle finds a table far in the corner and takes
a seat.

Lance Casey
Jul 18th, 2001, 11:57:13 PM
Casey walks into the bar and grill and looks around for Liam. As he searches the room, he see's a young woman make her way to a table and sit down. Casey walks over to the table.

May I sit?

Estelle Russard
Jul 19th, 2001, 12:02:59 AM
She watched the man approach her table.

Looking around nervously as he asked to sit with
her, she wasnt really sure what to do.

Finally she nodded.

Lance Casey
Jul 19th, 2001, 12:15:15 AM
Casey took a seat and looked at the young woman. He extended his hand.

Lance Casey. And you might be?

Estelle Russard
Jul 19th, 2001, 12:31:00 AM
She took his hand for the breifest moment.

"My name is Estelle"

Lance Casey
Jul 19th, 2001, 12:37:19 AM
What are doing looking so gloom? This is were people go to escape the cold harsh reality of the universe. You should be drinking and having fun.

Estelle Russard
Jul 19th, 2001, 12:38:22 AM
"Fun isnt why I came here."

Lance Casey
Jul 19th, 2001, 12:41:40 AM
So why are you here? To drown your sorrows in booze? Because if you did this is the place for it.

Estelle Russard
Jul 19th, 2001, 12:47:13 AM
Looking at the table that had not one glass on it, Estelle
thought it would be obvious that "drinking it up" was not
what she intended.

Glancing again around the room, she then turned back to
the man sitting opposite her.

"Im here to find out if all Ive heard is true. That there is reason still for hope."

Lance Casey
Jul 19th, 2001, 12:50:02 AM
Hope? Ofcourse there is always hope. No matter what,not if your in a bar or about to die, theres always hope.

Force Master Hunter
Jul 19th, 2001, 01:32:34 AM
:: Hunter was passing by, just giving instructions to one of the guards when he past the table Lance... and a new person? Were sitting at. He stopped.

"Go ahead, for a moment. Make sure the shield works properly this time, I'll catch up" A very precise turn was made before he spoke.

"Good evening. Pardon my interrupting, but what reason would you be here for?"

Estelle Russard
Jul 19th, 2001, 11:54:25 PM
Looking up at the man standing at their table, she
answered with much feeling.

"I've come to see for myself the ones that stand against
the aggressors, who fight for the weak and strive for justice and peace in the galaxy. To see those who refuse to be corrupted by the darkness that saturates life all around us. I've come to see if these people really exist and if the legends of the Jedi are true."

Realising she had gone off on one of her idealistic rants, Estelle dropped her eyes self-consciously, and wished inwardly she could learn to hold her tongue a little.

Force Master Hunter
Jul 20th, 2001, 02:26:57 AM
"Searching for Jedi? Your search is over... although some Jedi do not act it, there are other ones exactly as you describe here and they exactly as you hope.

Do you seek to learn from them or are you in need of their help?"

Estelle Russard
Jul 20th, 2001, 02:55:41 AM
The words he said were ones she had been afraid to even hope for. Sometimes it felt as though those who were true and noble only existed in childhood stories. It was those stories that had led her here to this place.

"I have come to learn from them, and to serve them if I can. Would that be possible?"

Force Master Hunter
Jul 20th, 2001, 03:02:52 AM
"Why.... most certainly, if that is what you truly seek. No Jedi turned away one who seeks to know what they have.

Might I ask you name?"

Estelle Russard
Jul 20th, 2001, 03:06:31 AM
"What I truly seek? Do you doubt me sir?"

Force Master Hunter
Jul 20th, 2001, 03:19:29 AM
"I doubt everyone's words until I see their actions. Your coming here hints what you say is the truth.

But many comie here looking to be Jedi and many fail. Only the ones with true desire and truw passion for the Light Side will go on to be Jedi. Do you have that? "

Estelle Russard
Jul 20th, 2001, 03:29:55 AM
"I have true passion and desire for what the Jedi teach. For justice, compassion, peace. I dont understand the "light side" as you say. That is what I wish to learn. I dont know if I would even be capable to be a Jedi in regards to the force, I am not sure if I even have that ability inside me. I want to find out. I want to be shown how to find out.

To become a Jedi would be far beyond any thing I could dream of. But whether that is my future or not, I wish to serve those who are true to the Order."

Force Master Hunter
Jul 20th, 2001, 03:35:30 AM
"Very well. If your words are backed up with your actions, you will do well"

He paused, observing her.

"Tell me of yourself if you will"

Estelle Russard
Jul 20th, 2001, 03:37:01 AM
"Might I know who it is Im talking to?"

Force Master Hunter
Jul 20th, 2001, 03:51:38 AM
"At this point as I have asked you twice already, I would ask you speak of yourself first"

He smiled, breaking the harsh look on his face.

"But I can tell you I'm probably the best friend you can have if your true to what you say"

Estelle Russard
Jul 20th, 2001, 04:03:42 AM
She looked at him candidly. He certainly was forthright. And that inner voice that people have told her that she could beleive him when he spoke of his friendship.

The other man, Lance Casey, had sat quietly as the two of them spoke, but she could tell he was waiting for her to tell more about herself also. New arrivals were always a curiosity.

"My name is Estelle Russard. I come from T'r Nuva - a small rural community on Ral, one of the southern moons of Ryloth.
Is there something in particular you would like to know?"

Force Master Hunter
Jul 21st, 2001, 03:11:07 AM
"Not really I guess. I'm usually just curious to know what brings people here and where they come from. My name is generally known as Hunter, although I do move under different names.

Would you care to meet more of the Jedi?"

Estelle Russard
Jul 21st, 2001, 04:07:54 AM
She thought Hunter an unusual name. Where she came from, names signified the nature of the bearer. Perhaps here was different.

Estelle couldnt hide her excitement at the mention of meeting Jedi.

"You could introduce me to them? I take it you are not a Jedi yourself?"

Force Master Hunter
Jul 21st, 2001, 04:37:04 AM
He reflected on her words for a moment. Wont a lot of people love to know what he really was.

Including himself sometimes

"No, I'm not a Jedi. But I know most of them well. I am not sure which main Jeid are here right now, but I would imagine thet woul dbe glad to meet someone seeking the Jeid path."

Estelle Russard
Jul 21st, 2001, 04:53:25 AM
She watched him closely. He was definitely a hard one to
figure. There were things beneath the surface he seemed to be...guarding...if that was the right word. She wasnt sure.
He appeared to be the type that allowed people to know only what he was prepared to reveal.

One thing she did know though, was meeting him here tonight was fortutitous and perhaps fated. She stood eager to finally come face to face with one of the Jedi she had heard so much about.

"Can you take me now?"

Estelle Russard
Jul 26th, 2001, 02:29:01 AM
She waited, hoping she hadnt been too forward but she was anxious to meet a real Jedi.

Force Master Hunter
Jul 26th, 2001, 02:58:04 AM
"Certainly... I'll call some over. Would you excuse me while I do?"

Estelle Russard
Jul 27th, 2001, 12:11:29 AM
Nodding yes, she sat down again, feeling awkward all of a sudden.

Gurney Devries
Jul 27th, 2001, 12:19:03 AM
OOC ~

"Can you take me now?":eek:

Force Master Hunter
Jul 27th, 2001, 01:49:29 AM
OOC : You rude Boy!!!

Estelle Russard
Jul 27th, 2001, 01:56:20 AM
8o

Teka Kenobi
Jul 27th, 2001, 03:39:48 AM
If you wish to learn from the Jedi and serve them but are afraid that your not Jedi type, the learn from Yog how to be a waitress and then serve us! :p FMH Wanna come and get me to speak? Pllleeeeaaaasssseeee?

Force Master Hunter
Jul 27th, 2001, 03:58:22 AM
Okay, that will be enough of that now :)

Teka Kenobi
Jul 27th, 2001, 04:18:22 AM
*confused*

Estelle Russard
Jul 27th, 2001, 07:32:03 PM
Did she hear right? A waitress? Was the new man making fun of her? Not that she was afraid of hard work, but running drinks was not exactly what she had in mind in coming here.
She was serious about seeking out the Jedi.

Estelle looked at Hunter. Something about his manner and the way he had spoken to her in their conversation reassured her that he understood that fact. At least, she hoped so.

ReaperFett
Jul 29th, 2001, 09:29:28 PM
:: Walking into the bar, Fett took a seat at the counter, and got his usual. Glancing round the bar, he didnt see much. A new person was in the bar, not much else. Fett turns back to his drink, taking a sip

Estelle Russard
Jul 30th, 2001, 04:09:01 PM
She was watching Hunter as he turned to move off, curious as much about him, as much as to who he would approach, when a new face came into the bar. The man caught Estelle's eye breifly, mainly due to the fact that although he had the scruffy mercenary look about him - the kind that frequented her home world of T'r Nuva - he carried a Lightsaber at his side.

He sat at the bar and ordered a drink. He didnt look like a Jedi....or of her idealistic image of what a Jedi should look like...but only true Jedi carried the lightsabers that she knew of.

ReaperFett
Jul 30th, 2001, 04:17:40 PM
:: Looking round, Fett sees that the newcomer is looking at him, her face showing curiosity. He gives her a quick smile, before turning round again::

Estelle Russard
Jul 30th, 2001, 04:23:40 PM
Estelle dropped her gaze instantly, but it wasnt quick enough. "Dang..he caught me staring." When would she
learn to be less obvious - she must stick out like a tourist in
this bar tonight.

ReaperFett
Jul 30th, 2001, 08:12:39 PM
:: Drinking his drink, a wave of curiosity swept over Fett. Why was she looking at him like that? You dont know her, so why?. SLowly getting up, he walks over to her.

"Hi"::

Estelle Russard
Jul 30th, 2001, 08:43:20 PM
And now he was coming over here...Why was she nervous? Jedi were the reason she was here - what else had she expected? She guessed it was because she felt at such a
disadvantage. She wondered if they could read her thoughts.

She glanced around.....where was Hunter?

The man came directly up to the table and spoke to her and said Hi.

"Hello" she replied.

An awkward silence.

"Are you a Jedi?" she blurted out.

ReaperFett
Jul 30th, 2001, 08:49:51 PM
::Fett smiled at the way the conversation had gone so far.

"Yes, I am. My names Ash, Ash Longbaugh" He said, and extended his hand towards her::

Estelle Russard
Jul 30th, 2001, 09:09:48 PM
She shook his hand hello and saw there was kindness in his eyes that seemed incongruous with his rough style. It was obvious he was trying to put her at ease.

"My name is Estelle. It is nice to meet you Ash Longbaugh"

ReaperFett
Jul 30th, 2001, 09:15:54 PM
:: "The pleasure is with me too" he said, still smiling.

"I noticed you were looking at me..?" he half-asked::

Estelle Russard
Jul 30th, 2001, 09:20:05 PM
OK ..now this was awkward.

"I didnt mean to stare. I just, um, noticed the weapon clipped at your side. Lightsaber right? I have heard alot about them,"
she gave him a direct look..."and about those that use them"

ReaperFett
Jul 30th, 2001, 09:22:58 PM
:: "Hey, it's ok, I dont mind you were looking. I was just wondering why" He said, trying to calm her down

"And yes, its my lightsaber. An elegant weapon, from a more civilised age"::

Estelle Russard
Jul 31st, 2001, 03:36:20 AM
She gestured to an empty chair, "please sit down if you want. Mr Hunter will be returning sometime too I think. Do you know him?"

ReaperFett
Jul 31st, 2001, 06:28:01 AM
::taking the seat, Fett leant forward slightly

"Know him? Not really. See him round a lot though"::

Estelle Russard
Jul 31st, 2001, 09:54:01 PM
She nodded. Somehow it didnt surprise her. Hunter struck her as someone who would be around and know alot, but he himself be somewhat of an unknown quantity.

She wished she had a drink in front of her...give her hands something to fidget with atleast. She put her hands under the table to try and be less conspicous.

She decided the direct approach was the best...well atleast it was the fastest...to find what she wanted to know.

"Have you been a Jedi long? I am told the Jedi learn their arts from a very young age, but that is not always the way. Is that true?"

ReaperFett
Jul 31st, 2001, 10:04:22 PM
:: "Many do train from young, but I didnt, Ive been doing this a good few years now though" He said, as he slowly started to reminisce, only snapping out because company was round.

"Sorry for my rudeness, would you like a drink?" He asked, noticing she had none::

Estelle Russard
Jul 31st, 2001, 10:19:42 PM
She saw his mind had drifted to another place and time for a moment and wondered wanting to ask where it was his thoughts had taken him. Instead she asked, "do they have orange juice here?" instead.

ReaperFett
Jul 31st, 2001, 10:26:42 PM
:: "Yes, they do" Fett sad smiling, and got up for the bar. Bringing back a tall glass of orange, he put it in front of her, and sat back down.

"Thats on me. So, tell me about yourself. Whats brings you to these parts?" he asked curiously::

Estelle Russard
Aug 1st, 2001, 12:32:51 AM
"Thankyou" she said, taking the glass and sipping from it. "hm, thats good" she smiled, enjoying the tangy bite of the juice.

To answer him, she leaned forward a little, her face intense and her eyes clear pools of innocence and hope.
"I want to join the Jedi. To learn their ways.To see if I can help in anyway and to find if maybe I have what is needed to be a Jedi myself."

ReaperFett
Aug 1st, 2001, 02:53:09 AM
:: "Ahhhhhh, training" He said understandingly"::

Estelle Russard
Aug 1st, 2001, 03:34:10 AM
"Yes,training. How do I go about that? What is the proper way to do things here. Do you train people?"

ReaperFett
Aug 4th, 2001, 09:30:11 PM
:: "To get training, you either ask someone to train you, or ask for anyone. Good standard of trainers here"::

Estelle Russard
Aug 4th, 2001, 09:32:28 PM
She wondered if he deliberately didnt answer her question.

"....do you train people?"

ReaperFett
Aug 4th, 2001, 09:35:02 PM
:: "I can train people, yes"::

Estelle Russard
Aug 4th, 2001, 09:39:42 PM
She sipped her orange juice, and thought whether or not
she should just ask him. What if he said no? What if he said yes?

"Would you consider training me? Or atleast teaching me the Jedi ways, and seeing if I do have force-ability? I promise you I would not disappoint you as a student"

ReaperFett
Aug 4th, 2001, 09:53:56 PM
:: The question suprised Fett. Didnt see THAT coming, he thought to himself. He sat, back, thinking. Normally, he would have said no, but there was something about this girl. Her enthusiasm for this was amazing. Fett took a deep breath.

"Yes, I'll do it"::

Estelle Russard
Aug 6th, 2001, 07:47:56 PM
She hadnt realised, but she was holding her breath.

When he answered "yes" she felt a wave of
excitement hit her. Or was it just nerves? Probably both.

"I cant tell you how much I appreciate you giving me this chance."