PDA

View Full Version : :: Returns from the cold::

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 20th, 2001, 11:23:51 PM
He came back to the doors of the Jedi Bar from his walk with TUJK. It was a deeply cold day and the warmth of the bar would be much plesant. He pushed open the door, the strips of fabric on his fingers exposed as he did so. Muted converstation could be heard as he stepped forward. In some places, Jedi could be seen interacting with others or alone. Guards and staff flowed and Shaodw Jedi could see what he knew was the Commander of the military forces that ringed the planet, in the best place to keep an eye over the bar. Force Master Hunter was seeming asleep, boots on the table he occupied. Shadow Jedi knew whom Hunter was in other name, the General James Tohmahawk.

But there next to him, was a cloaked figure. Totally hidden in a cloak, much like Shadow Jedi was. That in itself was not odd... but most Jedi or patrons steered well clear of Hunter. There tended to be guns blazing at unpredictible timesnear the General and the General would blaze back. It was not healthy to be close.

I might speak with this person, he thought. His measured footsteps were still quiet and he made little or no noise as he came to the table and quietly spoke.

"Good Evening. Might I sit here?"

Gurney Devries
Jul 20th, 2001, 11:44:15 PM
His attention entirely focused on the <a href=http://pub56.ezboard.com/fgjofrm2.showMessage?topicID=901.topic>woman</a> that had for some unknown reason caught his attention, Gurney was taken aback by the sound of the other man's voice. His mouth creased into an obvious look of displeasure: Displeasure at having been taken by surprise. Had he really been so intent upon one stranger that he'd totally ignored another? Unless... was it one of those strange Jedi tricks he had seen being used? It must've been, he concluded. There was just no way that a conspicuous man like that could have snuck up on him; especially when he had his back was to the wall like he did now. There was no way.

With a bit of a grimace, Gurney realized that he, himself, was just as conspicuous. And he was focusing a good deal of his attention on trying to listen to the unusual couple at the other end of the bar. With a mental note to not let it happen again, he raised his head and nodded a greeting to the other man.

"Be my guest", he said in a short, clipped tone. Gurney's voice was rough, with a quality a bit like sandy gravel. He tried to be as casual as he could, sitting back in his chair a and rested one arm on the backrest. To anyone else, it had probably looked like he had been scoping out the bombshell across the way. Ah well... let people think what they will.

"What can I do for you, good sir?"

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 21st, 2001, 06:48:24 AM
The Shadow Jedi sat down in the chair Gurney had indictaed

"Thank you. Now, what do I want? I'm interested in you you are. Your someone I have never seen in the establishment - or indeed anywhere. Might I ask who you are?"

Gurney Devries
Jul 21st, 2001, 11:48:45 AM
"Ye can ask, tis a certainty. But I wouldn't always expect an answer to yer question."

He gave the Shadow Jedi a minute to think this over before giving him a proper reply. It always did good to make people think twice when first meeting with them.

"The name's Gurney. I'm studying to become a Jedi", he measured his words carefully.

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 22nd, 2001, 01:42:14 AM
"Studying to be a Jedi? A worthy and noble ideal. And hwo exactly are you going about that?"

Gurney Devries
Jul 22nd, 2001, 02:11:42 AM
Gurney scrunched up his nose, seemingly indignant at the question.

"I applied for a membership at the Greater Jedi Order. What they're greater than, by the way, eludes me. I'm just waiting until they assign me a Master to train me in their Jedi ways."

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 23rd, 2001, 08:25:09 AM
Shadow Jedi seemed to be taken aback.

"You have not been allocated a Master? Greater Jedi Order you may well doubt."

He went quiet before speaking again

"I have taught many Jedi in my time. some failed. Two died. Most however became powerful jedi and their paths were true. I no longer teach now except for those who truly want to learn and even then I need to be convinced a student is worth my trouble. The ways I teach are difficult and most would quit with the demands"

Gurney Devries
Jul 23rd, 2001, 02:02:38 PM
His head turning upward slightly, Gurney gave a snorted laugh at that last remark. The noise carried a slightly contempuous tone. Yet somehow, he kept it from sounding condenscending.

"Hardships should not discourage a person. A man rarely knows the value of something until he has earned it himself."

Gurney didn't need to be a seasoned Sabacc player to see what the other man was hinting at. Yes, he indeed needed a Master, and this mysterious fellow certainly seemed to be offering. But he wasn't going show his hand just yet. It would be prudent not to seem overly anxious at this stage.

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 23rd, 2001, 11:03:16 PM
"Your a strange one Gurney, I dont believe I have met one like you before."

Shadow Jedi thought quickly, coming up with the wording that would be best suitible, before a better idea came into his mind. He used the Force as he spoke next, commanding with it.

"Stand up"

Gurney Devries
Jul 23rd, 2001, 11:28:23 PM
Without even thinking about it, Gurney placed a hand on the back of his chair and began to push himself to a standing position - Before he realized what was happening, that is. Gritting his teeth, he forced himself back down into the chair. It wasn't easy, by any means: Sort of like trying to force your way through molasses. But what was that the Jedi had tried to do? Was he using the Vo-- no, he couldn't have been. It just didn't make any sense. That meant that it had to have been some kind of Force trick. If he hadn't resisted such things on numerous occasions in the past, it might have even worked. Almost did.

Speaking just barely above a whisper, Gurney turned up towards the Shadow Jedi, letting just enough venom creep into his voice to get his point across.

"And why should I? What do you want from me?"

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 24th, 2001, 12:34:40 AM
If there were eyes to see, they would have been boring into Gurney, searching and probing, seeming to strip this man clean of everything

"You were tested. Where did you learn resistance to mind tricks, becuase it was impressive for someone untrained in hte Force like yourself

"And what I want is to train you in the ways of the Jedi. You would respond well to what I have to offer as a teacher"

Gurney Devries
Jul 24th, 2001, 12:44:02 AM
So... this was some sort of test, was it? Kriffing games, they were. But this Shadow Jedi character didn't seem all too pleased that his stunt hadn't worked, and now Gurney was obligated to explain himself. He chose his words carefully.

"On my homeworld, there are a fair number of Dathomir Witches. They have a whole assortment of little tricks like that. If you ever have the displeasure of having to deal with one by yourself, you had better know how to handle situations like that."

Gurney slid back in his chair for a moment, drumming his fingers against the tabletop. With a frown, he finally stood. One hand brushed the front of his robes, smoothing out some of the wrinkles and folds.

"You wish ta train me, eh? What makes me so special? I'm just some aging wise-ass who's trying to sort things out."

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 24th, 2001, 02:07:58 AM
"Why? Because your an ageing wise ass who's got his @#%$ more together than some of these other seekers and wanderers we have the misfortune to get at times. Besides, you want wise ass? The guy sleepng next to yu, now he's damn near unbearable. I dont think your going to be worse"

Gurney Devries
Jul 24th, 2001, 02:10:56 PM
Underneath the concealment of his hood, Gurney reflexively lifted an eyebrow. A expression that was entirely lost on other people when they couldn't see past the lower portion of his face. Never-the-less, he hoped that his voice carried the proper amount of incredulity.

"Who are ye, anyways? Are ye with the GJO?"

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 25th, 2001, 07:39:31 PM
"Who am I? That isn't really important and as yet I am not free to say who I am out loud, What I am is more important. I am indeed a Jedi Master and yes, I am from the GJO"

Gurney Devries
Jul 25th, 2001, 07:52:21 PM
(Gurney spared a short, derisive laugh)

"I shoulda expected an answer like that, from a Jedi Master. Alright, you got me... when can we start?"