PDA

View Full Version : Piercings

Nupraptor
May 12th, 2001, 08:10:38 PM
Well, I'm a bit curious as to what the female populace thinks of piercings, especially on a guy.

ReaperFett
May 12th, 2001, 08:12:08 PM
personally, I couldnt ever do something which was started for cattle:)

Morgan Evanar
May 12th, 2001, 08:32:02 PM
you know my opinion.

Nupraptor
May 12th, 2001, 08:33:47 PM
Yeah, but this poll was directed at women. You're not hiding anything from me, are you Morgan? :p

Force Master Hunter
May 12th, 2001, 08:39:10 PM
Reaperfett just scored +5 for funny

Yuu Soo Kyung
May 12th, 2001, 09:59:54 PM
Piercings would violate my temple that life has bestowed.

Lance Casey
May 12th, 2001, 10:41:07 PM
I have my right eyebrow peirced in RL.

Lady DeVille
May 12th, 2001, 11:43:05 PM
Piercings? They can be cool, on the right person I guess. Nipple rings look best on those really ripped and oiled guys that you see on Jenny Jones or Rikki Lake (not that I ever ever have watched those lol), tongue rings are...interesting...and anything below the belt is terrifying!

Eyebrow rings look good on the right person, although I've heard they grow out, and so why would you pay money for something that your body is going to reject? Bellybutton rings are ok for some girls, I've thought about it, but never had the guts to do it. Earrings are an accepted part of our culture (again, thought about getting more than the two I have, but haven't), and I like the look of silver hoops (little ones) on guys. Yum.

Again, anything south of the border should be banned. Yuk! edit and nipple rings on a girl? EWWWWWW Besides the fact that you'd never be able to breast feed your baby after you did that to your body (which may not be important to some people)...but...no. Well, I'd never do it to me.

Xarkz Chaos
May 12th, 2001, 11:48:14 PM
Being a guy myself, I think the only thing I personally would get would be one ear pierced.

Nupraptor
May 12th, 2001, 11:59:57 PM
Well, I have my eyebrow pierced, as well. I don't know about it "growing out", but I do know a lot of people have troubles with them. We'll see...

Lady DeVille
May 13th, 2001, 12:18:56 AM
Oh, forgot: I saw a guy at the beach in California where I live who had a nipple pierced. Unfortunatly it was his third one. And no, I'm not joking, he really had three nipples, and the extra one (a little under one of the regular, normal ones) was pierced. Scary.

Nupraptor
May 13th, 2001, 12:22:10 AM
Yeah, I used to know someone with a third nipple. It wasn't pierced, though. Thankfully.

Morgan Evanar
May 13th, 2001, 12:33:09 AM
3rd nipples are odd enough on their own merrit...

Sage Hazzard
May 13th, 2001, 02:12:29 AM
I don't want a hole made in my body, sorry. lol

JediBeldarine
May 13th, 2001, 02:40:05 AM
Hmmm... I have two holes in each ear.. But that's not soo bad.

I'd love to get my tongue pierced, but my job would never be kosher with it. I should have gotten it done a few years ago, but I'm too much of a wuss.

Basically.. One earing on a guy, not bad. Eyebrow piercings.. not bad.. Tongue piercings, on 99% of the people they are extremely sexy.

But nothing else for me, thank you very much. :)

(BTW: I like tattoos so much better.. I'm getting my second one in a month.. Across my shoulder blades.. it's going to look awesome. :) )

Damel Girte
May 13th, 2001, 04:07:34 AM
I've had earrings since I was 4 or so, because my parents for some reason just had me get them. And I don't really mind them at all.

I'd never have the guts to get anything more... wouldn't be allowed to, anyways. Personally, I like to stay as simple as possible- but on other people, I don't mind it at all. Earrings are cool. But if you have something like 20 piercings, I think that's going a little overboard... :)

Morgan Evanar
May 13th, 2001, 01:30:20 PM
The main problem with tounge stuff is that it REALLY screws up your teeth. Not a good idea, really.

Satine Capashen
May 13th, 2001, 01:32:05 PM
I wouldn't mind getting one ear peirced...thogh I'd have to wait till I turn 18...

Leeloo Mina
May 13th, 2001, 01:51:28 PM
I dunno..when it's like a fad for guys to get piercings..then it's kind of annoying to me because IMO they're trying to be like everyone else. Frankly it doesnt really matter to me.

Nupraptor
May 13th, 2001, 03:22:13 PM
Seeing as how the majority of men don't have piercings, I'd say that you'd be trying to be like everyone else by not having a piercing. :)

JediBeldarine
May 13th, 2001, 04:53:40 PM
Fewd.. It also seems to give some people weird lisps after they have it done.

One of my friends spoke fine before he got it done.. now he has a weird speech impediment...

Tristesse DeFolle
May 13th, 2001, 05:11:55 PM
Ah...It all depends on the person. I mean, it's just wrong to see some really old dude walking around with a pierced tongue hanging out of their mouth...And yes, I have seen that. >< Tongue piercings look cool, but they can be really dangerous, since they never truly heal. o.o; I used to have my ears pierced...Then I wore little hoop earings, and tucked my hair behind my ear.. >< My pinky caught on the earring and nearly ripped my earlobe off.

...I'd love to get a tattoo, but, I keep getting this picture of being in my 80's and having a sword, skull, and roses tattoo on my collar bone. That's just wrong.. Ah, whatever. I've talked enough. ^^;

Gav Mortis
May 13th, 2001, 06:41:25 PM
I want my right eyebrow pierced with a small silver ring for Summer, I also want a small tattoo on my left shoulder blade.

I can't abide all this my body being a temple nonsense or self-mutilation talk, to me, if you are by nature a well cultured, mature and spiritual individual, then you should be open-minded enough to accept that there is nothing wrong with altering the aesthetics of ones body to suit ones preference.

ReaperFett
May 13th, 2001, 06:45:23 PM
it is self mutilation. Draw on yourself with a knife, you get locked up. Use a coloured pen thing, its art:)

Its the wrinkled tatoo thing that puts me off big time

Nupraptor
May 13th, 2001, 06:53:30 PM
Yeah, I just don't like the fact that tattoos look horrible as you get older.

Darth Eve
May 13th, 2001, 08:14:56 PM
Peircings are okay in men if they are in the ears - and if they are small and scarce. Not 12, just one per ear or one in one ear. Everyone I've ever known with an eyebrow peircing looks like they got beat up. Tongue peircings can deter me from kissing them - looks painful.

I have a tattoo. It's at a place that shouldn't age like the rest of me does. My back shoulder blade.

(Hi everyone)

shellspark
May 13th, 2001, 08:43:17 PM
I think a navel piercing on a girl is really sexy, for some reason.

Nothing on a guy though.

JediBeldarine
May 13th, 2001, 10:25:21 PM
I couldn't pierce my navel.. it would snag and drive me insane.

I have a tattoo of a fairy hugging a rose on my lower middle back.. rather large actually.

I want to take two large tribal symbols and turn them horizontal, one across each shoulder blade.. and put either A) Chinese symbols in the middle, or B) a black picture of a fairy (to kinda go along with my tattoo theme already).

This requires mucho $$, but since I'm starting a rather well-paying job for someone right out of college.. I should be all good.

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
May 13th, 2001, 10:46:27 PM
Hmm...I have both ears double pierced. I have a friend always trying to convince me to get more..lol. But that is all. I thought..well sorta..about belly button piercing BUT..after talking to someone one and she described the size of the needle used I was thinking I don't think I could do it. Still not sure if I was really considering it. Heck if I want to I could always just use the fake clip on ones ;) LOL

Tattoos..not for me. But its a matter of personal taste. My one brother has a few.

JediBeldarine
May 13th, 2001, 11:55:16 PM
You know..after my tattoo, you would have thought I would be over my fear of needles...

But I am not... Lori, you know how I was talking about the time I cut myself at Olive Garden and had to get stitches? I was fascinated by the wound, and the stitching.. But I was scared of them numbing the wound because they'd have to STICK ME WITH A NEEDLE.

Is that not messed up or what? :lol:

Satine Capashen
May 14th, 2001, 08:17:16 AM
Very strange...:lol:

Ryla Relvinian
May 14th, 2001, 12:27:15 PM
Lip rings = nasty, it's like kissing a barbed wire fence!
Tongue rings = sexy, but funnier because of the lisp.
Eyebrow rings = can either look really hot or nasty, very much depends on the guy.
Nipple rings = ow?
Nose rings = ack, barf, spew. they look like silver zits.

Alla in all, I have to agree with ya, Bel. Tats are so much nicer!

Leeloo Mina
May 14th, 2001, 01:53:00 PM
Nup-Come to Missouri :)

Sorsha Kasajian
May 15th, 2001, 01:47:50 PM
It's not that bad, Leia. I have one. :)

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
May 15th, 2001, 11:48:15 PM
Really Kitty? Umm...like how BIG is that needle? LOL

Force Master Hunter
May 16th, 2001, 12:00:50 AM
I think tattoos look unattractive on anyone, as well asbody piercings. Ugh.

Morgan Evanar
May 16th, 2001, 12:03:32 AM
Sorry, but Jen's faire is dead sexy. Tatoos look good if done right on the right person.

Lady DeVille
May 16th, 2001, 01:13:15 AM
*went to Missouri today*

Force Master Hunter
May 16th, 2001, 01:29:09 AM
Went to Missuori? What's that code for?

Nupraptor
May 16th, 2001, 02:01:44 AM
Well, I can testify as well that Beldarine's tattoo is verra nice, and she can now comment on my eyebrow ring. :)

Lady DeVille
May 16th, 2001, 02:22:39 AM
Went to Missouri is code for:

I went to Missouri today. I'm visiting my parents in Oklahoma, and we drove out into MO, into Springfield and Mansfield (home to Laura Ingalls Wilder and if you don't know who she was, I'm not telling) and back into Grove, Oklahoma, where I am right now, upstairs in a little room with a light on and a computer. I can hear bugs hitting the screen window trying to get in. Its a little insettling. They sound big!

Nupraptor
May 16th, 2001, 03:53:37 AM
Well, seeing as how I laid in bed all of yesterday, my poor eyebrow is really swollen. Probably looked like crap. But I had a really good day, so nothing else matters.

JediBeldarine
May 16th, 2001, 05:28:58 AM
Well thank you guys :) .. That's really nice of you to say about my tattoo :lol:

Nup.. Hmmm.. Your hair was covering the damn thing like 90 percent of the time, :lol: ... I liked it though, it looked cool on you ;) . You are one of the few people that I could see it fitting with their personality/dress and stuff.. Very Kewl :)

And I had a fantastic day today guys :) .. Really awesome ;)

Nupraptor
May 16th, 2001, 03:38:20 PM
Yeah, that was a really good day. I was in such an excellent mood afterwards: We all really have to get together sometime again.

And I'm trimming my hair this afternoon. :p

JediBeldarine
May 16th, 2001, 04:06:35 PM
Oh yes.. Now that I see Miami is only 3 and a half hours away.. I might be able to go there on the Weekends a bit to chill with you bizzos.

::laugh::

One time I might even drag LL down with me.. he he he :)

Nupraptor
May 16th, 2001, 06:40:40 PM
That'd be awesome!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"

AmazonBabe
May 16th, 2001, 07:29:26 PM
I have my ears pierced, one earing per ear lobe only. I've had them since I was like 2 years old. I've thought about other piercings, but I'm not really interested in anything else. I like me the way I am. :)

Morgan Evanar
May 16th, 2001, 10:45:43 PM
We like you the way your are too.

AmazonBabe
May 17th, 2001, 05:49:31 PM
:)

Well, thank you, Morgan. Tha's sweet of you to say so.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 14th, 2001, 01:27:59 PM
Who dug this one up?

Nupraptor
Jul 14th, 2001, 02:52:41 PM
Ummm.... JFYI, I removed the eyebrow ring a while ago. :|

In other words: No need to vote, anymore. :p

JediMaster Skywalker
Jul 14th, 2001, 05:16:42 PM
personally i think piercings are stupid and make you look ignorant.

just my 2 cents

Lady DeVille
Jul 15th, 2001, 02:09:10 AM
*hands him a penny* Here's your change, sir... :evil: