PDA

View Full Version : The Midnight Run [Open]

Ryu Warusa
Jul 15th, 2001, 02:39:07 PM
Ryu and Jerred walk into the bar and grill. Ryu looks at the bartender, then looks around the room. A lot of Jedi in this place, maybe they'll know something... "Hey, hows it going?"

"Pretty good, what'll you have?" The bartender stares at the young, thin, black haired man and his companion.

This is a business trip but I might as well take a drink. "A Corellian Tequilla."

The bartender stares at the man with the green lenses. "And you?"

Gurney Devries
Jul 15th, 2001, 02:45:01 PM
The cloaked padawan sitting at the bar turned his head ever so slightly as the two men walked up beside him and ordered their drinks. Under the concealment of his hood, Gurney wrinkled his nose at the mention of Corellian alcohol. Why anyone so much as touched that stuff was beyond him. He lifted his own glass, tall and narrow, taking a small sip of the dark liquid it held. All the while, he kept a watchful eye on the new entrants. Something about them made Gurney uneasy, but he couldn't place his finger on it. Maybe, once he developed the strange abilities within himself, he'd be able to recognize these things easier. For now, he'd just have to trust his instincts, as he always had.

Jerred Rez
Jul 15th, 2001, 03:06:49 PM
Jerred raised his brow a bit at the bartender. A presumptuous one.. the mercenary hadn't even finished walking up to the bar and already he was being offered a drink.

It's just as well... I'm thirsty.

"A Bothan serendipity will do fine." He glanced the bar, allowing the green hue of his goggles to penetrate the majority of the occupants clothes. He noticed the shapes of objects beneath robes, a few of them lightsabers... but it was late and there weren't many people around - if they wanted leads they had to start somewhere.

"Excuse me," the green goggles were now fixed upon the cloaked Jedi beside Jerred, "do you have a ship?"

Ryu Warusa
Jul 15th, 2001, 03:18:08 PM
The bartender hands Ryu his drink and then Ryu takes a sip.

"Excuse me, do you have a ship?"

Ryu looked at Jerred as he was asking this question to the cloaked man sitting next to him. Not very tactful... Does he have to be so blunt... "Excuse me, where can I find ships on this planet? We are looking for a new ship, ours was destroyed." He stares at him, hiding his worry.

Gurney Devries
Jul 15th, 2001, 03:19:15 PM
Just as he was about to take another swig of his drink, Gurney's hand froze in mid-motion. Was that man talking to him? Without turning his attention away from his drink, Gurney spoke in a dry, hoarse voice.

"Ye don't even waste time with a greeting, eh? Just as well... I always thought they were kinda pointless. But what would ye be needing a ship for?"

Jerred Rez
Jul 15th, 2001, 03:47:44 PM
Jerred glanced over for a moment as the bartender placed his drink on the table, then turned back to the Jedi-to-be. "One needs a ship, if one wishes to get around..." He shrugged and slid his hand into his coat, feeling for his blaster and assuring himself of it's presence. "Now, say if one was inclined to find a ship, would you have any idea where the best place to look would be?"

Jerred Rez
Jul 15th, 2001, 03:57:15 PM
(This message was left blank)

Ryu Warusa
Jul 15th, 2001, 04:00:02 PM
No tact whatsoever... Ryu looks at the cloaked man. "We need a ship so we may go to Dantooine. Theres some people waiting for us there, we must not keep them waiting."

Gurney Devries
Jul 15th, 2001, 04:13:01 PM
Gurney finally turned his head towards Jerred, careful to keep his gaze low. It wouldn't do for people to see his face this soon. With a slight nod, he motioned towards the other man.

"Yer friend there seems to be a bit more polite. P'raps ye should follow his example. You'd find people much more willing to cooperate."

Raising one hand behind his head, Gurney scratched the back of his neck through the thick robes. Didn't want to push this one too far. Not worth the trouble.

"Dantooine, ye say? I think that can be arranged. Do ye need the ship fer good, or just this trip? I'd be willin' to give ya a ride there."

Jedi Knight Katarn
Jul 15th, 2001, 04:18:06 PM
Walks into the bar and takes a seat near the jedi but not to close as to draw attention to himself...

his master was right to have him keep his eye on these two

Ryu Warusa
Jul 15th, 2001, 05:17:03 PM
Ryu looks at Jerred, who is showing signs of losing his patience. That used to be me... "We'll be needing a permanent ship but thanks for the offer, are there any shipyards abound?" focuses on the man who just walked in. Have we been discovered? He looks at Jerred, and then back at the man. Did Jerred notice him too? I don't like this...he seems to have a lightsabre under his clothing...maybe a Jedi...

Gurney Devries
Jul 15th, 2001, 05:23:31 PM
"Yeah, I believe you'll find the Jedi Shipyards not too far from here. If ya want, I can show ya the way."

Gurney threw back his head, finishing off the last of his drink. And, just for a moment, it was almost possible to see his whole face. His eyes... they were an unnatural blue. And then it was gone. He stood, acutely aware that one of the men may have seen something, and motioned for the door.

Jedi Knight Katarn
Jul 15th, 2001, 06:23:06 PM
taps some notes into a datapad.

he watches the one known as Gurney and then makes more notes into the pad.

finishes his drink, and prepares to leave

Ryu Warusa
Jul 15th, 2001, 09:37:29 PM
This may be a problem... ah well should the need arise... "Very well, er... say, what is your name, stranger? I'm Ryu Warusa, but some know me as Ryujin. This is Jerred." He says pointing to Jerred (Duh). That's kind of you pointing the way. That guy...I really don't like this, but I guess we could take him out should it be necessary Checks his Emi Piercers and Blaster. I must be ready, I must not hesitate....I wonder if Jerred has noticed. The group gets up and walks out the door of the bar.

Gurney Devries
Jul 15th, 2001, 09:45:13 PM
After relaying his first name to the men, Gurney led them off to the <a href=http://pub56.ezboard.com/fgjofrm10>GJO Shipyards</a>. He wondered if it would be wise to question them on what they intended to do on Dantooine. This Ryujin fellow seemed decent enough, but Jerred seemed to be a bit touchy.

Ryu Warusa
Jul 15th, 2001, 10:50:10 PM
OOC: This is to be continued in the shipyards. pub56.ezboard.com/fgjofrm...D=72.topic (http://pub56.ezboard.com/fgjofrm10.showMessage?topicID=72.topic)