PDA

View Full Version : A friend in need...

amichan24
Jul 26th, 2001, 12:15:47 AM
Ami sighed quietly to herself. She felt so alone these days. All her travels away from the GJO had left her feeling empty. Visiting her parents, her home on Tatooine, and various other places had left her worn out and filled with memories. She had come back because she had sensed something. She wanted to make sure...

Her finger traced the edge of her wine glass as she sat at a table in the bar and grill, waiting for Nichos to show up.

ooc: You wanted to see the sig... ;)

Nichos Marr
Jul 26th, 2001, 12:21:12 AM
"Long time no see, stranger." A voice came from behind.

Nichos was dressed in casual clothes, instead of Jedi robes. His arm was in a sling, due to his previous fight with Abaddon. The Jedi was fortunate enough to walk away with his life. He had a few cuts on his face, but other then that, Nichos Marr was in good condition. His healing techniques had speeded the process.

"How've you been Ami?" Nichos said as he rounded the table and took a seat opposite to Ami. "It's been...too long."

The Jedi rested both of his sore hands on the table. It was nice to see such a good friend again. He was very glad that Ami was safe. The Force had been with her.

amichan24
Jul 26th, 2001, 12:26:14 AM
Her face brightened as she smiled, overjoyed to hear the familiar voice. She frowned a little, though, as she glanced down at the sling that carried his arm. Was I right?, she thought worriedly.

"It certainly has, Nichos... Here I go, leaving to venture the galaxy, and I come back to find you with injuries. Honestly," she said, smiling a little, "what could possibly have happened to you in the time I was gone?"

Her joking tone hid her true fear. What had happened to him?

Nichos Marr
Jul 26th, 2001, 12:32:21 AM
"Oh these injuries are just a few scratches." Nichos grinned. "No Dark Sider could ever kill me. I'm just too good."

Nichos laughed, he wasn't used to flattering himself. He hadn't done it in quite a long time, though it eased his pains and made him feel better.

"I got into a fight with Master Warren. Although he's possessed by a demon. Nash and I barely escaped with our lives. That thing is TOO powerful."

Nichos ordered a glass of water.

"But you being here, washes all the pain away. It's good that you're back, even if it's not permanent."

Dan Skywalker
Jul 26th, 2001, 12:38:25 AM
ooc: I hate my little brother.

amichan24
Jul 26th, 2001, 12:41:42 AM
ooc: Sorry. His account was logged in for some reason....

She couldn't helping laughing. She hadn't heard Nichos brag like that for a long time. She had almost forgotten...

The shrugged off the seriousness of the issue. She was so happy to see him again...

She took a sip from her glass. "So, besides being baeten up by possessed Jedi, what else have you been up to? How goes the training of your padawans? since they're in such good hands, I have high expectations."

Nichos Marr
Jul 26th, 2001, 03:22:57 PM
"Well, Dio has been Knighted, and I've finished training Teka. I hope to have him knighted very soon. He deserves it." Nichos moved his head for a moment to acknowledge the waitress that had just given him the water. He smiled and took it from her, immediately talking a huge gulp.

"Besides that...I've been doing nothing." The Jedi realized how shallow his life had been in the past few weeks. He quickly finished off his glass of water. "I guess nothing really exciting happens to me anymore."

The Jedi sighed and sat back in his chair, letting his eyes drift off to see who else was in the bar. He could spot several that he knew, but most were aliens and X-wing pilots.

"I've been tending to the shipyards quite a bit. But how about you Ami, what have you been up to?"

amichan24
Jul 26th, 2001, 06:12:32 PM
"Me?" She smiled. "Oh, nothing much. I've been visiting family and friends. I didn't realize how different Coruscant could look after being away for so long. I also went to Tatooine to talk to a couple of... business associates..." She giggled a little, remembering the meetings. "They sure haven't forgotten me.

"And when I got back, I found out that my first padawan, Siblo, had decided to study another religion - some ancient stuff, I have no idea. I didn't ask. He seems happy, though."

She paused for a moment, sipping her wine. "I know what you mean - about the excitement. I've basically been existing for these past few months or so... Just being a wanderer, I guess." She let this thought hang in the air for a moment before she spoke again. "Have you ever felt... homeless? I'm not sure it's the right word, but I don't know how else to describe it. I've never felt this way before - not even when I ran away from Coruscant." She looked down, no sure what to say. When she raised her head again, her gaze was almost pleading; she looked confused and almost lost. She shook her head. "I'm sorry, I..." Her voice trailed off, then she found the will to speak again. "I didn't mean to sound so depressing." She quickly tried to change the subject. "How are things at the shipyards?"

Nichos Marr
Jul 26th, 2001, 07:55:28 PM
"The shipyards are going great. I've managed to make an extra credit here and there. Enough to upgrade my X-wing and such."

Nichos remembered how just a few moments ago Ami had gotten depressed. He could feel it and he saw it in her eyes.

"Yes, I always feel as if I do not have a home to go to. These past few months have allowed me to adapt on this planet. It's actually quite peacefully really. I haven't been on Rodia since I came here." Nichos shrugged. "I guess it's like starting a new life. I don't really care that much to see my childhood home again.

Life moves pretty fast Ami. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Nichos repeated his infamous quote. Perhaps he did need to re-visit his past or else he'd never be able to progress in the future.

"Tatooine? What's there?" Nichos had never been to that planet, but he'd heard many different stories. Most of them were not positive.

amichan24
Jul 29th, 2001, 05:51:23 PM
Ami sighed a little when she heard Nichos repeat his favorite quote. He was right, and she knew it.

"Haven't I told you?" she asked, regarding his question. "That's where I lived, and where I found Damel. We lived together in an alley for a few years... Until, of course, Damel's friend was kidnapped and we found the GJO.

"I can't believe I haven't told you that." She laughed a little, wondering how many people actually did know her past. She knew Leia did... And of course Damel did... But she wondered why she hadn't told Nichos.

Then again, she didn't know much about his past either. At least, she didn't remember anything... "Tell me about Rodia. What was your life like there?"

Hunk Seidou
Jul 29th, 2001, 09:37:55 PM
::seeing the familiar face, Hunk's visage suddenly brightened...walking over he pulled forward a chair...the other two seemed to be engrossed in each other though, and didn't notice the newcomer::

*ahem*

Is this a private party, or can anyone join?

Nichos Marr
Jul 29th, 2001, 10:24:10 PM
Nichos turned to acknowledge Hunk. It had been a while since he'd seen the Jedi Padawan. It was nice to see such a familiar face again.

"Hey Hunk! Long time no see. Of course you can join us. We're just getting caught up on old times."

Ami had asked Nichos about Rodia. Nobody had ever asked him about his life on that planet. Nichos on the other hand wasn't jumping to tell his past, but he would, to suffice her curiosity.

"Life on Rodia was...tough. I was working as an actor. I also did a few odd jobs to pay the bills. It was really hard, but I managed to keep my father and I alive for a few more years. Then he died. My mother died when I was too young to remember her. Then, I came here."

Nichos smiled.

"How about you Hunk, where do your origins lie?"

amichan24
Jul 29th, 2001, 11:07:54 PM
Ami grinned at the newcomer. "It certainly has been a long time, Hunk." She shifted her chair a little to make more room for him at the table. She felt happy; it had been so long since she could sit down and talk with old friends.

She noticed Nichos's discomfort when he answered her question. She could tell by the look on his face that his past was something long gone and that he had only talked about because she asked. Politely, she didn't ask him any more questions; instead, she waited to hear Hunk's answer to his question.