PDA

View Full Version : Loneliness Wishes Company

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 17th, 2001, 12:46:30 AM
A hooded figure enters Yog's and scans the room for an open table. Light feet walk across the floor and the figure takes a seat in an open table.

Dainty hands pull back the hood to reveal brown hair and tired blue eyes. Navaria had not been sleeping well since Luke departed for Dagobah a week ago and feared that something was wrong. Also her mentor, Leia, had been extremely busy with the Academy and her dealings with the Council. She found herself alone.

A serving droid rolled up to her and beeped in greeting, wanting to take her order.

"Namana juice, please."

It acknowledged her with a whistle and rolled towards the bar counter. Navaria settled in her chair and waited patiently for her order to be filled by watching the other beings in room engage in idle chit chat and fine cuisine.

Mortaniuss
Aug 17th, 2001, 01:04:54 AM
No sooner did the bartender set a glass of juice on top of the little 'droid's serving tray did a pale hand reach over and pick it up. The squat machine twittered a protest, but the man who had taken the drink waved it to silence, setting a credit chit in place of the glass.

With a measured stride, he walked gracefully over to the table where the woman he had seen order the drink had seated herself. Wordlessly, he sat the drink down in front of her and inclined his head in a polite nod.

Pale moonlight filtered in through the small window next to where the woman sat, striking Mortaniuss across his face. The faint light against his bone-white skin created an almost eery glow, countered only by the man's crimson eyes.

Quietly, without so much as a whisper of movement, one slender hand reached over his shoulder and pushed aside his length of hair, tied down the middle with a thin cloth to make a ponytail. He smiled then, revealing immaculately white teeth, but said nothing.

Akrabbim
Aug 17th, 2001, 01:05:26 AM
Akrabbim notices one of the new Padawans walk in, and notices that she doesn't seem to be in the best of shape. She seems weary. Akrabbim walks to her table and addresses her.

Excuse me, but are you alright? You seem tired... may I sit down?

Anbira Hicchoru
Aug 17th, 2001, 01:05:52 AM
:: Walking in from outside, Anbira paused as his eyes adjusted to the more subdued surroundings of the establishment. He was, for lack of a better word, parched. He didn't have anybody to talk to, nor did he really feel comfortable enough to do so, so he had spent most of his time in the sweltering forest outside, going through a suicidally-paced calisthenics routine. It helped to keep his mind off the fact that his mind really had nothing at all to occupy itself with. He'd gone as long as he could without coming here, but he was at last quite tired and worn out, and his body needed replenishment. As much as he feared being around others, Anbira relented, and allowed himself passage into the Bar and Grill.

Scanning the room for a lonely place to sit, he was frustrated in the fact that the bar was apparently quite full. A few scattered single seats were to be found here and there, but always near the company of others. Anbira wished he could just find a dark corner and disappear...but today was not his day. He looked at his choices of companions:

A Rodian...who would most likely attempt to con credits away that he simply didn't have.

A Wookiee...who would cause a palor loud enough to ensure that Anbira had no peace while he relaxed.

A Cizerack.....no.

And a human female...who looked suprisingly harmless.

Anbira closed his eyes. He'd have to get used to this eventually, anyways.

Walking to the table, he paused, tightening his fist as he prepared to talk. This was always the humilation... ::

<font color=0099CC> Can_I_perhaps_sit_here_with_you?</font>

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 17th, 2001, 01:30:34 AM
OOC~ Whoa ... like three of yas :lol:

IC~ It was like her solemn mood was a beacon for people to come to her. Inside she knew she did not want to spend another night alone but here three beings practically showed up at the same time to her table. Not really realizing that all were here.

She felt trapped underneath their stares as all of them waited for a response. First Navaria politely smiled to the man who brought her the drink she ordered. His appearance was unnerving. Her eyes swore she could see through his sickening white skin.

The Knight she knew of the Jedi Knight and was honored that he was at her table. It was her embarresment that overrode her manners in standing up and wanting to bow to him.

Then there was the strange older man who spoke with an electronic voice.

It was all so confusing to her.

Nervous eyes looked to all three unsure of what to say. It was obvious she was uncomfortable with this attention.

"I ... um ..."

She just wanted to crawl under the table and hide ...

Mortaniuss
Aug 17th, 2001, 01:43:10 AM
Turning his head to the side, Mortaniuss took note of the two other men that had arrived shortly after him. One appeared older than him, and the other, younger. Visually, they were a fairly good representation of the age spectrum. The albino was, however, older than the other two men put together.

The situation was, at best, awkward: Three men standing before a young and quite clearly ravishing lady was unseemly. And so, with another silent nod of his head, Mortaniuss took several steps backwards and made to depart her company.

Anbira Hicchoru
Aug 17th, 2001, 12:51:31 PM
:: Strange that he had not felt the other two approach. It had compounded his humiliation, like salt in a fresh wound. Anbira simply looked from the woman, to the dark figure with shining eyes, and to the strange fanged ghoulish entity. He turned his eyes away, tugging at the collar of his tunic, ensuring that it covered the hideous contraption that protruded from his neck.

He wanted to leave...but somehow, he found himself looking at the woman again. Something in the Force bade him to stay, if for a moment longer. With an empathetic look, Anbira stood still, hoping that this situation would soon pass and he could be able to simply sit down, with no attention drawn to himself. ::

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 20th, 2001, 07:21:00 PM
She was aware that the strange being left, politely. Navaria wondered what he wanted but his silence was her only answer. Perhaps their paths would cross again but did was that something she wanted?

The Knight had fallen silent and seemed to be leaving as well but what intrigued the young Padawan was the older gentleman. She could feel his shame and disliked the mechanical device that offered him speech greatly. It was a necessary evil to him. Her heart went out to him but not any pity. Navaria felt that to offer such would turn him away.

What he needed was someone to talk to. Something that she wanted as well.

Blue eyes looked up to him and she smiled.

"I haven't seen you before. My name is Navaria Tarkin, sir."

She nodded and offered a hand to the free seat at her table.

"If you wish to join me, please sit."

Anbira Hicchoru
Aug 25th, 2001, 06:03:53 PM
:: To join? For a second, Anbira hesitated. He didn't want it to be so intrusive. To sit at the same table, perhaps. But he wasn't sure if he wanted anything more than that.

However, he had already spoken, and she was obviously not horrified of him. So that demon was vanquished. And for some reason, his intuition left him reassured in the company of this strange woman. ::

<font color=0099CC> A_pleasure_to_meet_you. I_am___Anbira_Hicchoru.</font>

:: Anbira sat, hoping the stigma of his name wouldn't be a greater horror to her. ::

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 29th, 2001, 08:12:57 PM
Navaria tried to feign she had no idea what that name meant but the surprise and confusion in her eyes was apparent. Never had she meant the feared man name Anbira Hicchoru. Only the whispers of how powerful and how evil the man was. It was learned quickly that if you ever found yourself face to face with Anbira, you'd hope that if death were inevitable that the Force would comfort you in a painless death.

What she had heard and is now witnessing were contradictory. Anbira was ... vulnerable. Not the collective and strong character of the feared Sith.

She briefly wondered what happened to him that led him to the Jedi again.

Regaining her composure, Navaria tucked a stray lock of hair that fell across her cheek. She hoped that he would not be turned off by her sudden surprise to whom she was sharing a table with.

"Not quite what I'd expect, Mr. Hicchoru, but I'm honored to have you at my table. No matter what, your strength and reputation precede you and I'm pleased to meet you as ... as a ... comrade."

Anbira Hicchoru
Aug 29th, 2001, 08:44:44 PM
:: Anbira opened his mouth, as if to speak to the woman with the kind words. However, he found himself with no response on hand. He could see the recognition in her eyes...and that flash of momentary repulsion. She knew who he really was. It was frustrating to know that everybody knew horrible things about you...everybody except yourself. It was a scarlet letter, there for all to see.

He found it only within his power to nod in affirmation of her kind words. His eyes glanced down to the table, at the glass of water sitting there. Suddenly remembering his intense thirst, Anbira drank from the glass, his other hand unconciously pulling upwards at the collar of his shirt, trying to hide the disturbing disfiguration ::

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 29th, 2001, 09:17:45 PM
It was easy to pick up how much Anbira disliked his physical aliment. He was doing anything to distract anyone from looking at it, but doing it in a way that actually caused attention.

"Mr. Hicchoru? Please ... try and relax around me at least."

She smiled but it was a smile to hide the shame one had for past mistakes.

"Not all of us show our scars on the outside."

Anbira Hicchoru
Aug 29th, 2001, 09:37:49 PM
:: Anbira wanted to snap back with a comment, asking what she thought she knew about the embarrassment and silent melancholy of his existence...but something of the way she spoke...he could feel true knowledge and the echoes of a kindred spirit.

"Not all of us show our scars on the outside."

Something about this statement...Anbira wondered what scars she was hiding as well. Smiling faintly, he silently nodded his head...dismissing his curiosity, and letting his instincts guide him ::

<font color=0099CC>Perhaps_you_are_right. Unfortunately_I_find_myself_unable_to_find_my_own_ thoughts_for_my_situation. I_see_the_fear_of_others___fear_of_me,_and_it_sadd ens_me.

I_don't_know_if_I_can_overcome_an_obstacle_of_this _size.</font>

:: His eyes drifted away for a moment, but Anbira snapped out of it. Drinking his water, he looked over his glass at the woman. He'd never met her before...so why did his feelings sense something special from her? ::

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 31st, 2001, 11:43:54 AM
Perhaps not many could understand what Anbira was saying. It was hard enough to try and just "listen" to what someone told you let alone try and put yourself in their shoes. Maybe Navaria never wanted to admit it, letting her own self doubts be the justification of why she was always alone. It was her own face that reminded all who looked at her that she was another ... the good sister to the one that had caused so much misery to many. The destruction and pain that Dalethria had caused might not be calculable to what Anbira had done, but evil was evil ... no matter in what quantity. With the exception of Luke and Leia ... Navaria had no real friends. It was seemingly impossible to move past her physical looks to who she really was to most.

Yes ... Navaria has walked in Anbira shoes to a certain degree but it was two different paths that brought them to where they stand now.

"It takes time ..."

She sighs quietly as she too knows the sadness that he speaks of.

"... it just feels like there isn't enough time to set what was done wrong, right again."

Anbira Hicchoru
Aug 31st, 2001, 08:01:24 PM
:: Anbira almost smiled, looking up from his stoic reverie ::

<font color=0099CC>Never_enough_time.

Never_</font>

:: His eyes grew distant for a moment, then focused back on Navaria. His instincts told him she was being genuine. It was profound. Had there always been those who felt this way? Had he simply foolishly hidden his feelings from the world? He never knew anybody else could carry the pain on his heart. His hazel eyes blinked, and his mechanical voice wavered. ::

<font color=0099CC>Today_is_the_first_day_I_have_not_felt_loneliness.</font>

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 31st, 2001, 11:02:11 PM
His response made her feel good. It was a wonderful feeling to know you weren't alone and that you could help the loneliness of another. A smile of pure joy shone on her face.

"I'm glad. I haven't felt like this in months ...."

With her Master away and only the Force knew where Luke was, this was the first time outside of her shell that she connected with another. She didn't feel uncomfortable around Anbira but her own nervousness and self-consciousness brought out the bad habit of playing with her Padawan braid.

"... I'm ... I'm glad you came over to my table."