PDA

View Full Version : The way she smiles. (Open)

Liam Jinn
Aug 30th, 2001, 07:06:31 PM
People sure weren't alive tonight. Well at least it didn't seem like it to Liam. Not to say there weren't people at Yog's Bar but they just didn't seem too happy. Liam watched the patrons uneasily, while glancing at the entrance every minute or so. The doors swung open slowly as a man wearing a black trenchcoat and hat walked in. He looked around and spotted Liam, then hurridly walked over and sat down.

"Jinn, right? Well, do we have a deal?"

Liam glanced back at the other patrons uneasily and then brought his eyes back to meet the contacts.

"Fine, leave the data here and tell them to foward 400 thousand credits to my account."

The contact gave a nervous laugh.

"Are you crazy?! Don't you think they'll trace a transfer tha.."

"Hush, that's the price we agreed on earlier."

The man reached under his coat, his blaster strapped to his ribs. He gave a second thought to the issue and pulled out a Data Pad then threw it on the table in front of Liam.

"For your eyes only, and I mean it. We don't like..."

"Quit making an ass out of yourself and go on."

Liam was a little shocked he had actually gone for that price, he knew people that would gladly do this for 50 thousand. Oh well, too late now; the man was already walking away. Liam caught the waitresses attention and ordered a whiskey as he put the card in his pocket.

Selena Kyle
Aug 30th, 2001, 07:53:26 PM
::Selena returned to Liam's table with his drink on her tray. She placed it carefully on a cocktail napkin::

There you go Mr. Jinn. One Corellian Whiskey. Is there anything else I can get you this evening?

Liam Jinn
Aug 30th, 2001, 08:11:54 PM
Liam glanced up at the waitress. Mmm, which one this evening? The waitress or the whiskey? Damn, if time was only on his side he might just take the first option but unfortunately, it was not a luxury he could afford at the moment.

"No Ms. that'll be al.." Two men slammed open the doors of the bar. One was very large and had the NRSF Gaurd, who was checking weapons at the entrance, in his hands. He let go and the body fell a few feet to the ground and the man stepped over it, scanning over the people of the bar. His counterpart was a much smaller man, though was built and had a slugthrower in his hands and two more strapped to his legs. Liam eyes widened as he let out a quiet curse. Searching around for something to do, he grabbed Ms. Kyle's arm and pulled her into the seat across from his own.

"On second thought, why don't you...er..uh..sit and have a drink with me?"

Luckily for Liam, she also blocked Liam out of sight from the men.

Selena Kyle
Aug 30th, 2001, 08:21:23 PM
::As Selena waited for Liam's reply of::

"No, Ms. that will be al..."

::There was a sudden commotion in the bar. As Selena tried to turn around to see what was going on...Liam had grabbed her by the arm and sat her down across from him as he stated he changed his mind::

Huh?!

::She looked at Liam with a startled look on her face. Selena tried to turn around but Liam insisted she didn't::

Whooay..Mr. Jinn. Can you kindly tell me what is going on here first then we can share a drink.

Jedi Knight Amnde
Aug 30th, 2001, 08:51:53 PM
*Amalia walked into Yog's Bar, expecting to see and hear laughter and excitement filling the room, she found neither. The bar seemed extremely quiet tonight, very unusual, she thought. She noded in greeting to a few of the patrons as she passed them by, walking toward the bar. She took a seat and ordered herself a drink.*

"Whiskey please."

ReaperFett
Aug 30th, 2001, 09:08:21 PM
:: "You know, it's far more polite to just knock" Fett said, as he walked infront of the two men.

"This doesn't involve you, stand aside" The smaller of the two men said

"I beg to differ. You see, I am currently drinking in here. And now you are here. Hence, it's entirely my business" he replied, before slowly walking right in front of them.

"Now, I'm sure we can come to some sort of middle ground here, beneficial to both of us" he continued.

The two men looked at each other, before grabbing Fett. Turning slightly, they lifted the Jedi off his feet, and sent him flying through a window. The two men then carried on looking round the room, before a thump at the door turned them round, to see Fett, leaning up against the doorframe. He holds a finger up as he catches his breath, before standing up.

"That wasn't very polite now, was it?"

The larger of his two opponents charged at Fett. Stepping back slightly, he waited until he was close, before reaching for the door, and slamming it shut on the man. He collapsed to the floor, his head still lodged into the door. The other man, suprised at seeing his comrade go down, brought his pistol up to bear. He was not quick enough. Fett dived over the man on the floor, and hit the other man square in the chest, slamming him into the bar behind, knocking him out. Fett slowly got up, and dusted some dirt off his jacket. Looking to his side slightly, he saw Liam looking at him.

"This was a new jacket" he said, before noticing the smaler of the men slowly getting up. Reaching over him, Fett pulled the credit register off he bar, which hitt on the head, knocking him unconciese::

Liam Jinn
Aug 30th, 2001, 09:39:18 PM
Liam stood up, ignoring Selena and laughing at Fett.

"Fett, come and sit down. I made the deal."

Fett dropped the register back on the counter before pulling up a chair next to Selena. He nodded at the two people laying unconscious on the floor and let a small laugh out.

"So, does this mean they know we're comming?"

Liam gave a slight grin. "Doesn't it always?" The two Jedi laughed before Selena stood up, and demanded loudly to know what was going on.

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!"

Liam turned around and let another silent curse out. Selena didn't seem too happy. "Shhh, Ms. Kyle, don't worry about it. It's nothing..just...old friends?"

Selena gave Liam a stern look. As she readied herself to yell at the two men Liam went in for the kill. He pushed himself up against Selena and gave her a nice long kiss. Her eyes went wide before closing and kissing Liam back. Liam worked his right hand upwards to her neck, then moved it a little further down the collar bone and gave it a slight pinch and with a little help from the force, Selena slumped over - mid kiss in Liams arms. Now that I quieted her down..

Liam set Selena in the chair next to Fett. She started leaning off the chair but Fett caught her and put his arm around her, holding her up.

"Fett, just hold her upright, last thing we need is more attention. Luckily she just couldn't handle the kiss." Liam winked and turned his attention to the men on the floor. One by one, he picked them up and carried them into a closet, then locked them inside. He had 3 new slugthrowers now - taken from the smaller man. Walking back to the NRSF Gaurd, he picked him up and sat him down in a chair, making the place look somewhat more decent. Liam walked back to his booth where Selena was still out cold, and sat down.

"Ok, we've gotta run soon. Too much has already happened here to call it safe. We'll go to a hotel and get a room, then in the morning we'll get to the spaceport and proceed ahead of schedule. Ok?"

Fett smirked "Liam, I'm flattered but I don't know if we're ready for this kind of commitment."

"I take that as an ok then. Well, lets sit back and enjoy some drinks before we get moving."

Estelle Russard
Aug 30th, 2001, 10:07:32 PM
Estelle was still sitting at their table when Fett joined the other two. She watched in stunned beleif as her new Master ReaperFett first "took care" of the men who had stormed into the Bar and then as his friend managed to knock the blonde waitress unconscious, in quite a creative way she might add. The Jedi certainly surprised her with the way they went about things.

She sipped her orange juice and looked around to see if anyone else thought it odd or not. Maybe thats the way they did things in this part of the galaxy. She would remember to ask Fett about that.

ReaperFett
Aug 30th, 2001, 10:42:45 PM
:: "I'll get the ride" Fett says, and slowly ges up. Picking up the unconscious body of Selena, he gently puts her on the seat at the corner of the booth, propping her against the wall.

"Why is it always the cute ones you end up KOing?" He asked Liam, before heading to the bar itself, and taking a small comm-link out of his pocket. He pressed a few buttons, amd brought it to his ear.

"Hi, I'd like to get a hovercab please? As soon as possible. Where? Erm, the Bar & Grill. Know it? Ah, great. Thanks" he said into it, before putting it back, and heading back to his seat. He started looking round the bar.

"What you looking for?" Liam asked

"The waitr...." Fett began, before realising. He got up, and got a bottle from the bar, paying the barman as he did. Sitting back down, he poured him and Liam a drink. He didn't normally drink, but suddenly felt like one.

"It will be an hour" he told Liam, before taking a drink::

Liam Jinn
Aug 31st, 2001, 04:30:01 PM
Liam took a sip of his drink, watching Selena breathe to a steady rythm. Things had quieted down in the past 30 minutes. A chance to relax before leaving was appreciated but it also made him think of what he and Fett were going to do. They had to do this right and couldn't afford any mistakes. Liam stood up from the table, Fett opening his mouth to comment. Liam raised a hand to stop him from saying anything.

"Just going outside for some fresh air, been in here most of the day."

"Ok, if you see the cab, don't forget to come back and get me."

"Bah." Liam put on his coat, and stepped outside. @#%$, it's cold out here. It seemed like it would snow, but it didn't. He looked around to make sure no one was near him before taking out the Data Pad given to him by the contact. Damn, she was gorgeous. What was her name...Ah, Myr- Liam whirled around as he heard a snap behind him. He concealed the data pad in his pocket as he gave another quick look around. No one there. A cab drove up seconds later and Liam signaled for him to wait, ran in and grabbed Fett, leaving Selena in the booth asleep.

Kikran Akard
Aug 31st, 2001, 07:17:20 PM
::Kikran briskly walked towards Yog's, unfortunately he thought it would be a warm night. Concentrating on being warm he didn't notice the branch camouflaged in some sludge::

::The branch caught his foot, breaking with a snap and sending him into the abysmal slop known as mud. He got up slowly, chunks of the mud falling off as he did so::

"Oh, that just made my day a whole lot better." Kikran thought as he saw a transport pull up.