PDA

View Full Version : Marks and Trails: Puddles and Vats. (Permission)

Morgan Evanar
Aug 30th, 2001, 01:22:11 AM
Hyperspace opened up above the GJO, and spat out a ship going far faster than most reasonable people would go. Faster than most ships could go.

"Control, I have a medical emergency. Requesting permission to land."

CAD waited half a minute before broadcasting again.

"Control, I repeat, I have a diremedical emergency. Requesting permission to land."

Captain Tohmahawk
Aug 30th, 2001, 01:47:38 AM
"Not a bad day really"

He was sorting out the datacards from the latest NRSF status reports. The Defender had worked for 24 hours, which was cause for celebration. New recruits. Arcan IV to sort out.

Fun.

He switched on a report about fuel reserves when he had a small beep on his comm alert him. A double beat, which meant...

"Tohmahawk"

"Sir, Single ship exit Hyperspace outside of the defensive grid. Requesting permission to land, with a medical emergency"

"Any id Ensign?"

"No"

"Visual matching?

"Possible to The White Rhino Tea sir"

@#%$.

"Jam spectrum, Order ship into pathway 4. tell him not to divert, activate shields or bring weapons online. Allow under shields one and two, direct to field 4. I'll deal with this myself"

And he would take a rail gun and a lightsabre, not just a medical crew.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 30th, 2001, 01:56:19 AM
"Acknowleged, control." CAD immediately set the course, and dumped more power into the engines.

The Ensign clicked the transmitter off.

"I don't think I've ever seen anyone burn this hard, Sir, but he is holding to the path. Perfectly dead center, I might add."

---

The Tea slammed through the atmosphere, sheilds protecting it from heat and friction damage. CAD was pushing the ship to its absolute safe limits. Soon, the ship touched down with extrordinary precision and softness.

"Control, my passenger is dying, and needs immediate medical attention."

Captain Tohmahawk
Aug 30th, 2001, 02:43:07 AM
He was already waiting at the landing field as the ship landed. Well, it certainly looked like Evanar's craft... now what was he doing here?

As the ramp dropped, Tohmahawk signalled for the medical team (all of them trained commadoes) and made for the ramp himself, leading

He shouted up into the ship before he stepped onto the craft.

"Allright, any hostile intent, your slagged. I have 3 medics. Where is this dying person?"

Morgan Evanar
Aug 30th, 2001, 02:53:14 AM
"In the cockpit, on the floor, sprawled in his own blood."

Tohmahawk entered first. Sure enough, Evanar lay face down in his own blood, tenatively, he prodded him with his rail gun. After waiting a minute, he lifted Morgan up by grabbing the collar of his shirt and coat behind his neck. His body spasmed slightly, and lungs took in air. After a short coughing spout, resulting in more blood, Evanar's stomach heaved, and deposited a very red mess onto the floor.

Tohmahawk scrunched his nose up. Even this was nasty for someone who has seen as much gore as he had over the years. Morgan remained limp after his intial convulsion.

" please.... help..... me...."

Captain Tohmahawk
Aug 30th, 2001, 03:18:30 AM
"Frell.... GET IN HERE!!"

The medics ran in, sizing the situation up.

"Get me Medical centre online..."

"Patched..."

Tohmahawk took a step back while the medics got to work. Damn, what the hell had happened to him?

And what was he doing asking help in a place he ran from in the first place?

A vague notion passed through his head.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 30th, 2001, 03:40:32 AM
"He's in bad shape. We need to get him to a bacta tank, and soon. General, move."

"We need the area clear. We may have a new virius on our hands. Give us a secure area and set up a bacta tank."

"Affirmative."

Tohmahawk complied wordlessly, still trying to figure out what exactly had put Morgan into such poor shape. The rest of the medical contingent had shown up with a gurney equiped with repulsorlifts. The three medics expertly deposited Evanar face down, and started to run it twoard the medbay.

The doors swung open, and the wall pannels pointed the way to the room, only thirty meters from this emergency entrance. Rushing through, they barely paused to look at the layout, and immediately dumped him into the bacta tank.

Captain Tohmahawk
Aug 30th, 2001, 03:48:36 AM
"So, what do you think?"

"We're still evaluating him Sir. We dont really know yet"

"It's been an hour... "

"I know Sir, but we have no idea. The med labs have no idea. Something very odd is going on, which we are trying to work out... at least his vital signs are now stable. He's not going to die - yet"

Yet. Tohmahawk gazed at Morgan. Yet indeed. His man had a lot of explaining to do. He certainly had a good deal of nerve coming here. "Keep him alive, do what you need. I'll be in my office, let me know of any changes"

Morgan Evanar
Aug 30th, 2001, 04:13:54 AM
Hours later, everything suddenly flatlined.

"Oh frell! His heart just stopped. We need to inject..."

"That will kill him! Look at his heart, its like its falling appart bit by bit."

"Along with the rest of him."

"Put on the General."

"General. He just flatlined."

Tohmahawk walked in minutes later, staring at the figure floating in the tank. Skin was missing in spots, slowly growing back in others. The reports had been confusing, stating that the newer cells were slightly different than the others, and that Morgan's immune system seemed to have been turned off prior to whatever had happend.

"How long can he survive without his heart going?"

"I'd guess about thirty minutes. Normally it would be longer, but his brain's electrical activity is doing strange things. It should be nearly dormant, but it seems to be on overdrive. Like everything else about this, it doesn't really make sense. Whatever is going on, its progressed too far to stop."

Tohmahawk silently nodded acknowlegement, and suddenly, there was a steady pulse again.

"What just happend now?"

"His heart just rebuilt itself, in the course of five minutes."

Silently, another large piece of skin drifted off his body, and was filtered out by the tank.

Very strange.

Force Master Hunter
Aug 31st, 2001, 01:45:33 AM
(Posting as CT)

Hours later...

He came back into the med lab, after goign through the usual insame paperwork shuffle that came with running the NRSF. It seemed sometimes that he would be be buried by data, especially as the Arcan locals were making last minute requests. It was proving time consuming.

But he made sure he had time to keep track of what was going on with Evanar. Tohmahawk had a lot of questions. Top one was WTF was Evanar doing here.

"How s it going"

"Pretty good General. Still cant really work out whats going on, but he's living"

Morgan Evanar
Sep 1st, 2001, 05:32:54 PM
A week passed, and while Morgan's body had seemingly recovered, to the marvel of the medics. People were not supposed to heal that quickly, but the more they looked at his physiology, the more they realized he wasn't human. There were differences in the way his cartilage was at certain joints, his heart had an extra layer of muscle, making it almost self sealing. The skeletal muscle itself was far more efficient. Minor differences in bone structure, especially in the feet, that made weight distribution and impact much easier on the rest of the skeleton. And he seemingly had claws between his fingers, but the wrong way, laying flat against the back of his hands.

But the brain activity had maintained its frantic pace. As the modified virus hit Morgan's brain, he frantically strained to maintain his memories, knowlege and experinces, trying to control the process as much as he could. He was almost done.

Finished. Finally. I hope.

Slowly, he opened his eyes. The light stung, and the focus was strange. Everything felt strange. Experimenting, Morgan lifted his left arm up, and opened and closed his hand a few times. Again, it didn't feel quite right, or the same. Like there was something extra. He made a fist, and tried to use the "extra."

Three three inch claws swung up. Morgan blinked.

Claws?

Captain Tohmahawk
Sep 1st, 2001, 11:31:48 PM
"He's awake sir"

Tohmahawk was puzzled for a moment, before remembering the "visitor" they had in the medical centre. "Ah, he is? Allright, I'll be there in 5 minutes". He got up, made his apologies to the beings sitting around his usual table at the B&G, then made his way outside. For once, it was a nice sunny and plesant day. He began to walk quickly to the medical centre.

Tohmahawk pressed the buttons for his access code to the high security medical area, then walked inside. There, he had to show his id and punch anohter code, before the door opened to the room that Evanar was being held. The General stepped through with some caution, hand on one of his beloved Rail Guns and the other hovering over a pocket in his trench coat.

Not being one for plesantries, he spoke first. "Well, I see your back in one piece. Would you care to explain why you picked here to regenerate?"

Morgan Evanar
Sep 2nd, 2001, 05:02:05 AM
Morgan sat at a chair, dressed in his cleaned black shirt and loose khakis, both feeling a bit tighter than normal. He had a mug of coffee in hand, and took a sip as the General adressed him.

"Where is here?"

"You don't know?"

"No. I passed out shortly after getting on my ship. My computer chose the destination."

"Greater Jedi Order headquarters."

"Ah. Well, that explains the unneeded anamosity, man with many names."

"Don't be a wise ass."

Morgan took a drink of the coffee and swallowed.

"I'm not." He set the cup down before continuing. "I never really left the Jedi, you know." He lifted the the cup to his mouth, took another sip, and set the cup back down.

Marcus QDunn
Sep 2nd, 2001, 10:47:40 PM
"You .... never left the Jedi"

All right, but what the frell was he talking about?

"Considering I dont have access to the latest and greatest Jedi info right now, could you please explain?" He also decided to drop the pretense of Tohmahawk. The Jedi allowed his Force sense to show him him up for what he was. "Are you telling me I'm not the only one @#%$ with the minds of the Jedi?"

Morgan Evanar
Sep 2nd, 2001, 11:38:08 PM
"My genuine aliegence never left the Jedi." Morgan responded simply. "And you are the most famous for toying with their heads, but aren't alone. I tried, uncessesfully, to convert as many members of the Sith Order to the lightside as possible, primarly focusing on the one known to most as Live Wire."

Morgan slumped a bit in his chair as he said her name, an uncouncious act. Despite her bend twoard the Dark Side, he still felt possible redemption for her.

And he missed her companionship, as strange as it was.

He sighed, and began to engage and relax his claws some, watching his hand introspectively. "You can see how well that went. At least I know what I am."

Marcus QDunn
Sep 3rd, 2001, 12:01:36 AM
"Turning someone to the light side isn't easy, it never is. It can take many, many years. The key is perserverence, because you can win in the end. Failure now isn't the end, you've sown the seeds. Who knows when or if there will be a harvest"

He thought for a second.

"Actually, only you and a few of the Jedi Council know who I am. I've decided to keep myself quiet and not allow word of who I am get about. For all the Jedi and the Galaxy knows, I'm still Tohmahawk and I think I should stay that way. There are some events here that have made me wonder if I should be vocal. But anyway..... welcome back Morgan. It's good to see you where you belong"

Morgan Evanar
Sep 3rd, 2001, 12:44:44 AM
"Well, it was an interesting way to get back. And thanks for the consoloation. Hopefully that will yeild something."

Morgan stood, and finished his coffee.

"I'll let you get back to your bussiness. Reintroductions are in order."