PDA

View Full Version : OOC: Two planes into the World Trade Center..

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:11:44 AM
and one into the Pentagon!! :(

OMG...I am soooo freaked out! Very upset now. They have grounded all aircraft in the US.

Please say a pray for all the victims and one for the US.

God Bless.

**Sorry I am too emotional now**

Warren Azalin
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:18:19 AM
I woke up this morning and saw all this.

*sigh*

What the hell is going on, this is horrible....

Dark Lord Dyzm
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:21:09 AM
I have to go to school in half a hour. Try Starting your Day with this

"David, We have just Been Attacked"

Some Country is going to be destroyed...

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:21:20 AM
I dunno...GOSH I DUNNO!!

Just..*sigh* am crying about this horrible event!!!

**Excuse me a moment**

Gosh..Dzym I know..Maybe they should just close the schools and all now...just for the day atleast.

Warren Azalin
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:23:26 AM
I don't blame you Leia, I'm a bit shaken up and still in shock....

Great news to hear when you see morning daylight for the first time in about two years. -_-

Jedi Knight Amnde
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:24:49 AM
*is freaked out too.*

:(

Nash Stolar
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:27:21 AM
First I though it was a sick joke by one of my friends. then when warren told me to turn on the news I just went quiet...

Who could do this?

geez...

I also heard that capt. hill was attacked

Dark Lord Dyzm
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:29:37 AM
No, the News is still going, Cap Hill Wasnt Attack. This is what I'm getting from. 2 Hijacked Planes crash into the World Trade Center, one with 90 people, the other with 60. A Car bomb hit the Pentagon.

Warren Azalin
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:35:23 AM
Seems the Car Bomb was at the State Department now......

A Heliport near the Pentagon was hit by an Airplane just like the World Trade Center...

@#%$

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:38:16 AM
OMG...Shellsparks just told me that!!

OMG....OMG....!!

**Going offline for a bit..a friend of mine just knocked at my door all freaked out. Talk to you later**

*sigh*

Jedi Knight Amnde
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:45:03 AM
There's a nation wide plea asking for people to donate blood!!!:( :( :(

Warren Azalin
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:48:31 AM
Ok News Update: Seems a plane just crashed 80 miles outside of Pittsburgh. Seems the plane was going from Chicago to New York.....

Now they say another Airplane has been reported to have gone down near Camp David....

OMG, So Far they have casualties in New York at over 10,000. One of the planes that crashed seemed to be a 747 from Boston to L.A.

Leeloo Mina
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:54:51 AM
We got sent home from school after being there less than an hour. I just came home and went to sleep then my mom woke me up when the world trade center fell.

o_o

Gitane Blesse
Sep 11th, 2001, 11:25:20 AM
I'm suddenly glad I was too sick to go to school... I'm completely freaked out right now. There's now reports of a bomb in a High School in NYC. There's also been a large plane crashing into Western Pennsylvania. Part of the Pentagon collapsed. They don't know how many planes are still out there.

"If someone were to write a novel about this, it would be stated farfetched and unbelievable. Whoever said fiction can't become reality?"

Warren Azalin
Sep 11th, 2001, 11:26:31 AM
4 out of 8 Planes Hijacked are still missing.

Vega Van Derveld
Sep 11th, 2001, 11:39:25 AM
All flights in Britain have been cancelled due to this to prevent any such occurances in the UK...

Zasz
Sep 11th, 2001, 11:55:21 AM
I myself am saying a prayer for those in need, and who have passed on.

God help us.

Nash Stolar
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:41:10 PM
This in insane... I don't get how people can do this.. are they trying to make a point? or get noticed? Duck and cover people I feel a war comming on >_<

Liam Jinn
Sep 11th, 2001, 02:32:13 PM
War? Against who? It could very well be ourselves, how do we deal with that then?

Warren Azalin
Sep 11th, 2001, 02:46:45 PM
If thats the case Liam, then God help us all. The fact of thinking anyone could do these things is what sickens me....

Ryu Warusa
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:24:37 PM
Man, someone is going to pay for this. You can be real sure of that, right now America is trying to find out the real culprits, but if they don't find them then they shall just go on a witch hunt and you can be real sure a war will happen. I'm struggling to think logically right now from the shock...

Hart Kenobi
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:31:38 PM
This was a strategic blow against the United States by the terrorist Osama Bin Laden, currently being hidden and housed by the Taliban of Afghanistan and under cooperation with the Palestinian confederations.

This truly may be a declaration of war like Pearl Harbor, and if that proves to be the case, action must quickly be taken. Of course, war is the worst-case scenerio and I doubt- or very much hope not- it will come to that.

Liam Jinn
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:32:55 PM
but someone has already claimed responsibility, even if its not true. But by someone claiming they supported this, you can get why some people have their opinions about the Middle East now..

This was meant for the person before Hart, didn't see Harts post..

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:37:20 PM
the groupm that claimed responsibility was been practcally inactive for 10 years. I doubt they could do this

Liam Jinn
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:44:59 PM
Why? Inactivity proves nothing, just a time to plan. I'm not saying that the people claiming responsibility really did it, but you can not rule them out of the equation.

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 03:48:03 PM
I know you cant rule them out. But I mean, if they have been inactive so long, they would have needed to start again. People would notice money coming from them. If it was someone from the middle east, which Im unsure of, I think it would have to be an established group

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Sep 11th, 2001, 04:23:22 PM
I don't know what more to say. *sigh*

I keep hearing a lot on the news. I get the strong feeling..like Hart said..Osama Bin Laden is behind this. :(

::Goes back to saying Prayers for this Country and the World::

Zasz
Sep 11th, 2001, 04:34:27 PM
This being the

<font size=20>LARGEST</font>

attack against the United States ever. Even more collosal than some wars. This was a blatant attack, which will be retaliated with much deserved force.

I hope we find the bastards that did this.

I dont care if it is a cause.

What kind of @#%$ up minds could commit mass murder like this?

Morgan Evanar
Sep 11th, 2001, 04:40:41 PM
I think they said it best at penny arcade.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Sep 11th, 2001, 06:32:27 PM
I didnt get home from School... I was about to pound a kid or two who where making jokes about it. Bastards have no American Pride...

I got to watch the news through 3 out of 4 periods

Now I'm also worried about a Volcano, earthquake, and Terriorst... As if the Volcano's Mudflows couldnt wipe out 2 entire cities in a matter of hours, now I have to worry about Terriost Attacks, Living right by 2 major military bases.

ReaperFett
Sep 11th, 2001, 06:36:45 PM
Making jokes about it is just sick, forgetting American Pride

Nash Stolar
Sep 11th, 2001, 06:42:03 PM
How can make a joke out of it? how about we have there families killed in an attack...

Dark Lord Dyzm
Sep 11th, 2001, 06:42:30 PM
I'll Like to deport Everyone who dosent have American Pride, but thats about half the nation. I like the speech Britians P.M. Gave, it was alot better then **cough**DUMBASS**Cough** President Bush's Speech

Zasz
Sep 11th, 2001, 06:45:38 PM
Having no pride for your country makes no sense.

I am a proud American.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Sep 11th, 2001, 06:50:23 PM
I am also proud to be a American... Its Just that... I hate the President... I hated both canidates, next election, the ticket which will win is Anti-Terriost, and I prey that a intelligent pres wins. Someone who can think for themselves.

Zasz
Sep 11th, 2001, 07:00:06 PM
Lets not get into a political arguement here.

I believe Bush will do a good job.

Satine Capashen
Sep 11th, 2001, 08:08:19 PM
GOD! I've been watching the news from about 7:10 New MExico time, and here's my opinion:

We find out who did this and nuke every last one of those bastards out of existence. If that doesn't work, we use assassins, and conventional weapons, not to mention snipers. I don't care how unjust it might make the US look, I just want to see the people who did this dead. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Nash Stolar
Sep 11th, 2001, 08:28:39 PM
if we nuke everything we will be locked into a winter...

amichan24
Sep 11th, 2001, 08:37:59 PM
It's a truly odd feeling... I walked out of German to hear someone say, "Hey, they just blew up the World Trade Center!" I thought they were kidding or talking about some model and a science experiment.

God, was I wrong.

Our principal told us the best thing to do was just to keep with the routine - go to classes and meetings, leave the offices open, etc. They had TV's everywhere showing the towers crumble. When I went to choir later, our teacher looked at us and told us we didn't have to sing today. However, someone requested that we sing the Star Spangled Banner. It's truly moving to listen to that song in harmony.

So, today has been an awkward one here in Aurora. Personally, I'm sickened by this attack. Statements of any sort should not cost thousands of lives and bring sorrow to even more people.

May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

Liam Jinn
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:24:54 PM
Alpha, don't be a @#%$ dumbass. Yeah, suuuure...we use nukes, ah good idea. I mean its not like anyone else has nuclear capability. People that have too much faith in our capabilities are just as bad as people that don't. You've got to be realistic. Sorry, but I'm going to be venting for awhile, so try not to take anything personally.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Sep 11th, 2001, 10:30:23 PM
I hear you guys talking about patroitism and stuff, but I'm stuck at my dumb school with a bunch of idiots... Whats funny though is our school is Washington High School, Home of the Patriots. We sure didnt show any today... Damn, I hate my School and all those -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR-s...

Darth Turbogeek
Sep 11th, 2001, 11:26:43 PM
And harsh words right now are going to help?

And hasty ill thought out actions?

I truly admire your President now. A real man of God who said the right thing. For once listen to him. He's a God fearing man and I believe he's goign to prove the naysayers about him very wrong.

God be with you Mr Bush. I'ld hate to be in your position. May God guide you now.

And may God help all those affected. How about instead of speaking anger, we speak of prayer? Call out to God, becuase He will help. This is a demonic act and only by giving in to hate will it win.

Hart Kenobi
Sep 11th, 2001, 11:44:11 PM
As much as I like to respect religious beliefs and stuff, and perhaps I'm not being as objective as people that weren't directly affected by this, but the only advice I have is to not expect "God" to do anything. People help people. And in religious context, you can say, "God helps those who help themselves." Either way. You can pray all you want, and eventually the hype will die down and you will forget that nothing happened afterwards to answer it, or you can make your own body the vessel to answer your own prayers.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 12th, 2001, 12:00:19 AM
Hart, the world needs more people like you.

Darth Turbogeek
Sep 12th, 2001, 12:14:44 AM
Then why not ask and find out what He can do?

Lady Vader
Sep 12th, 2001, 12:15:05 AM
I've been watching this whole scene unfold since early this morning. I'm wiped, and yet i can't stop watching.

Everything here in LA was shutdown. Hell, in all CA. All large places of commerce and gatherings were shut down. All collages were sgut down. Government offices were shut down. Even amusement parks like Disneyland, Knott's Berry farm, and Magic Mountain were shut down. All so that there wouldn't be any sort of large target with lots of ppl in it.

It's crazy out there.

I live near the coast, on the southern part of CA, in the LA region. Normally we can hear the airplanes from LAX as they come over the Pacific, making a huge U-turn for their flights in towards the mainland. Didn't hear any of that today. It was eerie. Only heard one aircraft pass over, but it sounded like a fighter jet. I think they're patroling the coast. Makes me feel very vulnerable all of a sudden.

*sigh* God help us all.

Darth Turbogeek
Sep 12th, 2001, 12:22:31 AM
Well, donw Under it's hard to understand - or believe. But even in what is a tiny backwater of the planet, it suddenly feels a good deal less safe

Morgan Evanar
Sep 12th, 2001, 12:54:54 AM
All major international airports have been closed and evacuated, including Miami International.

The USAF and US Navy have active combat air patrol. Aircraft are being turned around.

In eighty some years of air travel in the USA, there has never been a complete grounding of civilian air traffic.

Figrin D an
Sep 12th, 2001, 02:21:56 AM
I spent most of the day absorbing information and making phone calls, frantically trying to contact relatives that live and work in Manhattan. After many long hours, I finally got through and confirmed that they were safe, but it has certainly been an unfathomable day. I feel more numb than anything right now... I honestly don't know how to react. Nothing of this magnitude has ever happened in my lifetime... I thought that events such as the Challenger explosion, the Columbine shootings and the bombing of the Oklahoma City Federal Building represented the worst my eyes had witnessed... today was simply more than I could handle, especially knowing that members of my family may have been in harms way...

I'm not going to comment on political ramifications or potential retalitory action, as those are topics for discussion among those capable of rational thought... something that I feel I cannot express right now...

My thoughts continue to be of those that were victims today, as well as those brave souls that continue to search for survivors and provide aid in this time of tragedy. At the moment, that is what really matters...

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Sep 12th, 2001, 02:30:25 AM
I had nothing to do but worry for most of the day, my college was shut down for the day, leaving me nothing to do but worry about two of my family members who work at Coranado and Camp Pendelton, they were finally able to get home at about 3:00......well at any rate, my dad and sister will be staying home for the next few days which helps but I just don't see how the hell the terrorists think this helps anything....

Katarina Kariena
Sep 12th, 2001, 03:52:37 PM
I was at school when I found out. I got to watch the TV in the Vocational office while I was waiting for the busses to arrive. All I could do was kneel right there and pray.

My father had been on an overnight bus run to New York... he was at the World Trade Center 2 hours before the crashes... He could of been killed...

He's on another bus run right now to pick up some people exucitives who work at Dartmouth College who were there.

All I can say is that God did not cause this. The Devil caused this, God allowed it and there is a reason for it.

I praise the Lord that President Bush is a God fearing man, and is putting his faith in Him. We need our faith in God now more than ever. I have friends who live near DC, a friend in PA, and a couple of friends in New York where the crashes happened. I have found all of them safe and I DO praise God for that. I'm sick and tired of going to friends funerals.

I pray for the faimlies who were broken through all of this, I keep crying on and off. I NEVER cry.

---------

Family and friends now have gone,
The whole nation United as one.
I pray to God, for all to see;
United as one all will be.

This is a test for our freedom now,
We'll make it through, I know somehow.
Lord protect us and give us light,
Protect our leader in this fight.

Help us Lord, to find those who would,
Try to harm us as only this great loss could.
Thank you Lord for those who care,
For those who are ready to help, ready to be there.

Thank you Lord, for showing the way,
For this great country, for once, I'm proud to say,
Thank God I'm an American, I can make it through the day.
Thank God I'm an American, I know You'll show the way.

Leeloo Mina
Sep 12th, 2001, 10:43:39 PM
I'm glad I didnt have any family in it... I feel sorry for those who did. It's just so hard to belive the World Trade Center is gone now.. I really wanted to see NYC..but from the looks of it I probaly wont be going there for a while..and if I do I wont get to see the skyline with the WTC and the other buildings that fell..

Hart Kenobi
Sep 12th, 2001, 11:13:32 PM
Except for lower Manhattan, NYC opened today like usual and the routine didn't stop. Naturally, events and business in the lower parts are not possible, but NYC has shown it's endurance. Visiting The City isn't what concerns me at the moment, it's if I will ever feel safe flying again.

Part of me, despite being a New Yorker, wants discussion about the tragedy to end. It feels so unproductive and wasteful. But I guess it's the most some of us can do. To remember. We learned a lesson at a terrible price.

Katarina Kariena
Sep 13th, 2001, 12:41:48 PM
That we did. The US got soft and believed that none of this would ever strike her. GUESS WHAAAAT!? IT DID!!! Now we have to live through it. The US tried to hide the cold hard reality from itself and finnaly reality struck. Things like this happen in the middle east, and other various parts of the world all the time. It's about time America woke up and faced reality. I got my wake up call a couple years ago down in Honduras and the US just got their own. Welcome to the real world United States.

Kikran Akard
Sep 15th, 2001, 01:32:27 PM
My friend's uncle worked in the south tower.......he hasn't heard anything from him...

Last night's candlelit event proved that this event has only brought us closer. So many people have been affected emotionally over here on the west coast as well.

Stay strong New York....our prayers are with you.

Hart Kenobi
Sep 15th, 2001, 04:10:14 PM
This isn't teh "real world", Kat, this is unbeleivable evil. Yes, other countries have experienced losses and bombings, but NONE have been subject to such atrocities as this since WWII. Have buildings in other nations crumbled? Yes. Were those buildings as large, deadly, and vital to the world as the WTC and Pentagon? ABSOLUTELY not. The WTC IS the world's economy, and the Pentagon IS the world's defense. The WTC were larger than any buildings attack ever, making it more dangerous and murderous than any building attacked in other countries.

Other nations experience bombings. We have now experienced "human-shielded" missiles that are hundred times as tragic as an explosive material objects. This is not the real world, this is utterly complete evil. It is insane, almost not realistic.

I realize violence is the way of life, and the US has covered their eyes to it for the most part, but NO sane person would've been a part of this. Bombing Isreal, Bosnia, Iraq, Palestine, and other nations in war is justified. After all, they are in war and in war, all actions is justified. Bombing Isreal? Isreal has taken land away from other nations and have lead assassination attempts as well as mass murders. And they are TAME compared to their enemies. But their enemies can make a justified case against them, even if by doing so they are hypocritical.

Bombing innocent lives in a nation in peacetime is barbarous and there can be no reasonable explanation, even if you disagree with our politics. This was a cowardly attack where the offenders killed themselves to keep us from bringing them to justice.

This wasn't an emotional rambling, I just want to clarify that this aciton in New York and Washington is NOT similar to actions which are deemed "normal" in other nations. It has been clearly much worse. Of course, not even close to as bad as when we nuked Japan.

ReaperFett
Sep 15th, 2001, 04:14:49 PM
Hart, I understand your point, but please dont make out other bombings arent bad. All innocent life lost is bad, no matter where, why or how

Hart Kenobi
Sep 15th, 2001, 04:44:10 PM
My point is the exact opposite. Look, comparing this incident to bombings in the Middle East is trivializing the importance of this. I cannot recall another nation since WWII suffering thousands upon thousands of casualties (non-military) in one hour.

And warring is human nature and there is tragedy in all bombings, but I don't think some of you understand the impact of this one, single act if you can so easily compare it to everyday events. With the US's military in motion, the world will NEVER be the same. This is one of the world's defining moments. Along the next few decades, teh US will war with terrorism like we did with Communism years back. The world will change DRASTICALLY, not only here in the US, but wherever the US's large arms can reach. This is only the beginning, but if you think that I'm making this incident seem too important compared to others, it's because it IS. And with our European Allies sucked into this, who knows what the end will be.

This is not "nation vs. nation" this is "people vs. people"

The US having to kill is necessary when it comes to terrorists such as Bin Laden. Terrorists don't understand punishment or words. The only way for them to understand is for them to experiene loss. That is the only emotion they are capable of feeling once they become murderers. So all bombings are bad for whatever reason? No, not when it will save more lives in the process, or at least more of the innocent lives.

Katarina Kariena
Sep 16th, 2001, 09:26:43 PM
That's exactly my point Hart. The world IS evil. I know I proably sound cold hearted and unpatriotic, but good grief this thing has been over dramatized in every way shape and form.

Hart Kenobi
Sep 17th, 2001, 12:09:24 AM
Well, I don't think the world is "evil." After all, when a lion kills for food, is he evil? Of course not, he is simply being a lion. But Bin Laden and terrorists are exceptions to the extreme. I don't even think .00001 % of the population can imagine how sick a guy like him is. Unfortunately, human's are animals, and because of that, they are easy to manipulate (ex. Hitler) and get them to follow evil things. Men like Hitler and Bin Laden want to eliminate not people, but instead ideas and the right to think.

I am not yet cynical enough to announce mankind hopeless. I don't think the US had been subject to normalities, or at least I very much hope not. I think this has been especially cruel, not only to the victims, but to the people the terrorist represents. To willingly suck the innocent Palestinian people into the line of fire along with the terrorists tell me of a man who simply no longer cares about human life. And I truly hope that is the exception and not the rule, even in the harshest areas in the world.