PDA

View Full Version : Nauseatedly, Yours

Lady DeVille
Aug 31st, 2001, 04:13:13 AM
ooc: this is just an interaction RP for fun, taking place some time after First Comes Love (swfans RPing). No agenda, just...interaction! The drama will come by itself. /ic:

Lilaena De'Ville walked into the bar, and beelined for the refreshers in the far wall. Her son's favorite pasttime seemed to be cozying up to her bladder and squeezing the frell out of it...or at least that was what it seemed like. After relieving the pressure inside momentarily, De'Ville ventured out to a table.

Her clothes were new, and ugly as the tail end of a dewback. She was still growing through the stomach, even though she was already "showing," there was more girth to be gained in the next few months. Which was a lovely thought. The adapted spacers pants had a cutout panel which stretched over her belly, and the tunic was darted and fitted to drape on her brand new built-in shelf. Lilaena sighed. Perhaps they weren't that ugly, but who designed maternity clothes, anyway? Males?

Ordering a protein shake and a fruit salad, De'Ville pulled a datapad from her bag. Her lightsaber hilt was carefully concealed within the bag. She knew the rules, but after what had been happening around her...it never paid to be stupid. She preferred to err on the side of caution. At least when betting with her own life.

By the time her fruit arrived, she was five paragraphs into a letter to Tondry.

Marcus QDunn
Aug 31st, 2001, 04:48:51 AM
At the other end of the bar, a Jedi Master was sipping his hot chocolate. It was a particularly nice one this time and to be honest, it was about time.

He was also watching out for new arrivals in the bar. He might be a Jedi, but his mind was still military and he had resposibilities in making sure no trouble makers came in. Pretty stupid to cause trouble in a Jedi bar, but some beings were morons.

A new arrival came in. Pretty one too and just showing the signs of pregnancy. However, the face was what made Q'Dunn do a double take.

Lilaena De'Ville?

He considered. Given some recent events, it was probably not a bad idea to at least give the woman a greeting. He picked up his drink, made sure his rail guns were in place (He though it best to always have those things) and walked over.

"Good evening... I dont believe we have ever met. I'm chief of security, James Tohmahawk. Might I take a seat?"

Hmmm. Now why had he decided to indrocue himself as his alter ego?

Lady DeVille
Sep 1st, 2001, 01:14:24 AM
She looked up from her datapad, turning it upside down on the tabletop. What now. "I don't think we've met either. There was probably a reason, too." She turned back to her datapad, but the man didn't leave. Lilaena sighed, and returned her attention to him.

"Chief of Security, is it? I'm De'Ville. Have a seat, if you want." She brought a forkful of fruit to her mouth, and set the datapad down again, with her hand resting lightly on top of it.

Marcus QDunn
Sep 1st, 2001, 07:23:49 AM
He nodded, noting the woman didnt really want him about. But still....

There was a reason he had decided to approach the Sith, or so she was last reported. He had some questions to ask.

"Thank you, Miss De'ville. I would wonder why a Dark Sider is here. Not that it's unusual, but it always made me wonder why one like you would want to be in a Jedi bar"

Lady DeVille
Sep 5th, 2001, 07:27:02 PM
One like you. De'Ville resisted the urge to fling her fork at him, and instead sipped her water. "Look around you, Security. This is a Jedi bar in name only. There are about as many non Force users as there are Force users, and as many dark siders as there are light. True, its not my favorite place in the galaxy, but I had to stop in for some maintenence on my ship, and there aren't any other good places to eat on this rock." She nudged her bag under her chair with her foot.

"So, I don't really want to be here, but it doesn't bother me that there are Jedi around. I don't bother them, they usually leave me alone. And I'm hardly ever here." She peered at him. "Have we met before?" He seemed familiar, although she'd never seen his face before.

edit:ttt

Marcus QDunn
Oct 2nd, 2001, 08:27:55 PM
Now there was a dangerous question.

"I dont know - have you? I certainly recognise you, but then I am familiar with all the Dark Siders. You are quite welcome as long as you dont cause trouble.... which I know you wont.

Can you satisfy my curiousity for a moment? You appear to be pregnant. Would you permit me to ask... who's the father?"

Lady DeVille
Oct 3rd, 2001, 01:35:27 AM
De'Ville took a sip of water, hiding her rage at the question. "I thought you said you were familiar with all Dark siders. And yet there is something you don't know?" She put her water down, with enough force to slosh some out and onto her hand. Annoyed, she touched the Force just enough to whisk the water from her skin.

"I will not satisfy your... curiosity. I do not know of you. Did you want it for a Sith breeding list?" Her eyes narrowed into an angry glare. "And I know I know you somehow." Abruptly her mood changed, and she blinked her eyes, while sitting back in her chair.

The nausea of pregnancy was supposed to go away after the first few months. At least, that was what she had been told. Eyes tightly closed, De'Ville focused on quelling her rebelling stomach, forgetting momentarily about her table guest.

Marcus QDunn
Oct 3rd, 2001, 01:49:48 AM
"Oh, you think yo know who I am? Amusing. I suppose you got that through your... Imperial entanglements, yes?"

It was only a guess. But based on a reaction of a man he once fought, it might be close to the mark

Lady DeVille
Oct 3rd, 2001, 02:00:20 AM
Her stomach settled, De'Ville looked back at the man in black. Imperial entanglements? It was hard to know where he was going with that. No one but Pierce knew of her past in the Empire...unless it was Pierce he was referring to. She looked at her hands, contemplating how easy it would be to summon darkside lightning and send his smoking corpse across the room. Too easy.

De'Ville chose her words carefully. "If you're trying to show off how much you know about me, you're doing a piss poor job of it." Her eyes flashed dangerously as she picked up her fork and stabbed at her fruit dish.

Marcus QDunn
Oct 3rd, 2001, 02:05:27 AM
Her mind was easy to read. Her thoughts were boiling, even for someone hiding as much as possible his own Force presence.

"If your thinking of throwing your sparks at me, dont bother trying. I'ld really hate to hurt you."

He learned back, picking up his own drink and taking a slow drink. He loved this sort of verbal sparring.

"How much did he pay you for your night's entertainment?"

Lady DeVille
Oct 3rd, 2001, 02:15:12 AM
Force user. He was reading her like a book, not that she could hide much under the best of circumstances. Plus, it was visably obvious she was angry. De'Ville set her fork down, calming herself, while letting her anger burn deep within, like a pilot light.

"You are treading on dangerous ground...Jedi." He was hiding his presence now, she could tell from the lack of sense she got from him. Not even one emotion leaked through his shields. She picked up her datapad, and reached down to deposit it in her bag where her lightsaber remained, hidden. Ice replaced fire in her eyes as she withdrew her empty hand.

"Take your questions elsewhere. I'm attempting to finish my meal." She pointedly took up her fork again, eyes not leaving his.

Marcus QDunn
Oct 3rd, 2001, 02:24:14 AM
"Who said I was a Jedi? No one here does. Why would you think that?"

Got her. He had deliberatly riled her up to get what he wanted, now he knew with certanty. He angled his voice low, so that only she could hear it.

"Anger is such an easy thing to manipulate m'lady. It is a lesson you should learn and one that the Jedi themselves should understand, but they do not. I now know you bear Tondry's child, because of your reaction. You might be powerful, but your control is lacking, as it is for most Dark Siders. He surprises me, once again. I would never thought he would have permitted a child to be created.... "

He was about to suggest this was entrapment. However, form past experience, this woman would not stoop to that.

I must prod some more here. No one secure in the Dark Side would bear a child for any reason. Is she .....?

Lady DeVille
Oct 3rd, 2001, 02:36:38 AM
"You are hiding more than I am, Jedi." She called him that, because her memories were bringing that term up in connection with him...somehow. It was very blurry in her mind. "And if you want to mess in someone's personal life, try your own." She leaned over, and reached across the table abruptly, grabbing his face with her hand.

"And don't ever talk to me about Tondry again. Ever. You trivialize what you do not know to gain what you think you want to know." She shifted uncomfortably in her position and released his face, sitting back down. "Leave me the frell alone."

Marcus QDunn
Oct 3rd, 2001, 02:48:25 AM
Before her hand could move fully away, He moved like a snake, grabbing her arm in vice like grip, the thumb digging into a nerve bunch.

"Oh yes.... I'm hiding something all right. Want to find out exactly what? Read my mind if you capable, go on, read it. I'll even let you"

He allowed his thoughts to dwell on the fight he had wth Tondry... on it's end. On his farewell.

It moved to another time, another night, some time ago.... carrying a woman to a bed, then standing guard...

"I dont play trival game De'ville. My games are played for keeps and they involve the lives of those I come across. That is wha I play for. Do you really want to find out? Do yu really want to know why I ask?"

Lady DeVille
Oct 3rd, 2001, 03:01:04 AM
She winced from the pain shooting up her wrist, and concentrated, attempting to pierce his mind and read his thoughts. It was a battle she tried often, with others less hidden than he, and she invariably failed. Only every once in a while did she succeed in mind control or reading. Instead, she gave up and used the Force to burn his hand where it touched her wrist.

He released her, and she withdrew her arm. "I don't want to have anything to do with you. But if you threaten my child I will kill you." Her eyes were liquid pools of all consuming...what? Not love, not hate. Not lust and not passion, although some of all four emotions were present in her psyche. De'Ville reached down for her bag.

Marcus QDunn
Oct 3rd, 2001, 03:13:11 AM
!!!!! She cant read minds!!!!

Surprised, he went for something else. Something he had never done for years, something that was deeply uncomfortable for him. He would feel filthy, but there wasn't real lot of choice. It's was too long a story.

"Why dont you experience what I really am interested in....."

His thoughts flooded over hers. He spoke to her, mind to mind...

Step a mile in my shoes, m'lady... Walk with me. I dont want to hurt you, I only want to show you the truth.

The images came to his mind and then projected.

See what I am... see what you are. Do you think I want to hurt your child? Far from it. I will make the same offer that I made Pierce. See what I said....

He allowed his mind to relax and opened eyes he did not realise he had closed.

"Lilaena... why would i want to hurt you? I have had much opportunity already. You could be so much more that you realise"

Lady DeVille
Oct 3rd, 2001, 03:27:13 AM
Tears sprang to her eyes from the pain of his touch on her mind, and the images flooded inward. De'Ville threw herself back in her seat, trying to escape, but couldn't get away from the images. The man, talking to Pierce...

"...I forced you to come here to see what a Jedi really can do. To show you - you could be more ... much more. I make an offer to you....to see someone like you become Jedi, because the Force knows they are needed. Think it over for some time Pierce. Maybe one day you might realise what I'm really like...

"...She basically collapsed. I took her to my room and stayed guard over her so no one smart ass got ideas, because she had integrity, honour and values. Keep your Lily well Pierce, one's like her are easy to bruise and destroy ... give them care and they will bloom beyond your imagination."

Lilaena gasped for air that came readily, but felt far away. The burning touch retreated, and she felt like vomiting again. The intimacy of his mind touch frightened her. How easily he had done it....how easily he could do it again.

"You say you don't want to hurt me. Yet I am dark and you are not." She got to her feet, unsteadily, grabbing for her bag, and upsetting her chair. "You claim to know me, but you do not!" De'Ville threw a credit chit on the table for her unfinished meal, and turned for the exit, her datapad falling out of her bag unnoticed.

Marcus QDunn
Oct 3rd, 2001, 03:35:25 AM
Your not Dark.... not anymore. You cant hide that from me. I know the road your about to walk on even if you dont...

".... Please, would you sit with me again? But if you dont want to.... I understand. I really do. I just....."

He allowed his head to drop down.

"I just want someone who I can talk to. I'm alone and your going to be too soon and I think you know it"

Why in the Force did he just say that?!?!?

Lady DeVille
Oct 3rd, 2001, 03:44:30 AM
Lilaena shook her head as if to clear it, and returned to her chair, setting it upright and hissing at the man. "Stay out of my head, Jedi. You insult me and then you think I want to stick around and talk to you?" She kept her bag in her lap...what was left of it. It was rapidly shrinking.

The baby kicked, and she used the Force to touch her son, to reassure herself that he was fine. "And I don't like the implication that I'm going to be alone. What the frell did you mean?!" Her voice was rising in anger.

Marcus QDunn
Oct 3rd, 2001, 03:48:38 AM
He watched her sit down, hardly realising his eyes were blurring. Memories were beginning to swamp him.

"Tell me something. In your opinion, do you think love and the Dark side can co-exist?"

Lady DeVille
Oct 3rd, 2001, 03:51:32 AM
She peered at him, slightly taken aback from his question. Was he crying? It boggled the mind.

"Love? And the Dark Side?" She snorted in derision. "Hardly. They are polar opposites."

Marcus QDunn
Oct 3rd, 2001, 03:56:04 AM
"How true you speak..."

His voice almost broke apart.... almost.

"I once was a Sith and a bloody powerful one. Wnat to know why I turned?"

He bought his hand up and slowly, slowly pulled off the black leather gloves off his left hand. On the fourth finger, a small band of gold could be seen, plain and unadorned.

Lady DeVille
Oct 3rd, 2001, 04:04:21 AM
"You were weakened by your feelings for another. A foolish mistake." She was properly curious now, but very much on her guard. The pilot light of rage was still burning...would never stop burning. "You think to compare your situation with my own. Don't. I am not like you."

Her own ring didn't fit on her finger anymore, due to swelling of her hands and feet. It stood for respect and commitment, lust and passion..but nothing else. It was also tucked away onboard her ship, away from curious eyes.

Marcus QDunn
Oct 3rd, 2001, 04:23:11 AM
"I really, really dont need to point out that you have done the same thing that you just decried, Lilaena. The evidence grows inside you, right now. Or are you seriously trying to tell me that you would hate your own child?"

He looked at the wedding ring on his finger. "For the longest time, I could not even look at this. It hurts knowing you have lost someone you hold dear to you. No, I didnt turn just becuase I loved a woman and still do, tho she is dead. What did it was I could not bring myself to kill a child. A defenceless, sleeping child. I could kill a man in a blink, but I would not kill a baby. I knew then how hollow the Dark Side was."

He paused. The memory hurt

"I tried to reconcile the Dark Side to my now sense of honour. But... she.... welll.... When I met Helenias, I thought as you did. But..... you cant. You cant love someone else and be with the Dark Side. And that Lilaena is what your child is going to force you to see, even if Pierce wont. You going to see that the Dark Side is empty and worthless, because it cant give you anything else other than death. Your going to discover self doubt, your going to discover how alone you really are. No one is going to help with the path your going to take, only by yourself will you see the truth in what I say.

I only became a Jedi when she was killed, because you cant be a Jedi and be married. You cant serve two Masters. And you want me to be honest? I would throw everything away for one more day with her. I would leave the Jedi again willingly for her. To be joined as One in the Light."

Lady DeVille
Oct 3rd, 2001, 04:34:48 AM
She felt a twinge of...of what? Sadness? Fear? ..and stood up again. Angry retorts came to her mind, ready to jump off her lips, but she paused.

Did she love her child? Or was it a pawn to be used? Had she entrapped Tondry with it, however unconscious an action it had been?

No. She had killed many children in the past.

"No." She shook her head. "I do not accept your words." Why do you fight to preserve the life within you? Lilaena buried that thought in the recesses of her mind, and walked towards the door.

Marcus QDunn
Oct 3rd, 2001, 04:42:54 AM
"Oh, but you you will be Lilaena" He said,

"You will - one day. I'll be here when you do"

She still didnt look back as she walked out the door.

He didnt notice the dataad she had dropped for a few minutes, but as he got up to leave, he did. He picked it up and with a bit of curiouslity began to read it.

And sat down to read it again.

"Ah @#%$, I really didnt need to see that". He got up and walked out before anyone else could see the tears streaking donw his face