PDA

View Full Version : ???...Confusion...???

AmazonBabe
May 2nd, 2002, 02:18:55 PM
Ok, I bet this has been brought up before, but I never saw or don't remember the outcome, so I shall bring it up.

I need some clarification:

I know the B&G is strictly IC, but what about Arcan? Is the Arcan forum and IC or OOC forum?

I was under the impression that the creation of the Arcan forum was to irradicate the OOC threads flooding the B&G.
I seem to remember a discussion on creating a new forum (Arcan) for the purpose of OOC only. At least, this is what I have thought all this time: Arcan = OOC, and B&G = IC.

I dunno... maybe I misread the whole point of creating Arcan.

Anyone care to shed some light?...

Gurney Devries
May 2nd, 2002, 02:21:31 PM
That's basically right. But if someone wants to have an RP take place in the actual Arcan IV Trading Base, I don't think anyone is going to stop them.

AmazonBabe
May 2nd, 2002, 02:43:07 PM
Ok, but what if someone starts a RP in the B&G, and then it's moved to the Arcan forum, but the RPers in the RP don't want it in the Arcan forum, because it really doesn't make sense to be there?

Morgan Evanar
May 2nd, 2002, 03:09:58 PM
Depends on the subject matter... generally speaking, you can't fight in the B&G unless its pre-arranged with the admins.

Gurney Devries
May 2nd, 2002, 03:17:46 PM
I'd have to question why it was moved in the first place.

AmazonBabe
May 2nd, 2002, 03:38:10 PM
And yet, it was cleared by the admins (otherwise it would have been deleted), and still moved.

Hence my own questoning as to why it was moved.

Marcus QDunn
May 2nd, 2002, 04:20:02 PM
Arcan IV is IC and OOC. Fighting and whatever can be done done in Arcan IV. In Yog's, the rules are posted and pinned up the top.

AmazonBabe
May 2nd, 2002, 05:11:26 PM
If that's the case, then what about threads in the B&G that have fighting in them? Shouldn't they be moved too, so as to follow the posted rules?

Also, as far as I can tell, they're just talking in the thread. I don't consider talking as fighting.