PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Blues

Isaiah Osborne
Aug 31st, 2001, 10:14:46 PM
(It hadn't been long since I departed from my beloved ship the Songbird. It was big enough to fit a crew of four. Unfortunately the other three members of that crew had recently perished. The memory still haunted my mind like a close up picture of a Hutt's face. I figured all that was left for me was a few instruments and a cadre of credits that we had been saving up.

I was a member of a Band called Aldera. We had decided on naming it after Alderaan's capital. I was only a child when Alderaan was destroyed. My family along with myself were enjoying a quiet vacation on the peaceful world of Chandrila. I remember the look on my father's face when we heard of Alderaan's fate on the Holonet. The pain that was evident on his face couldn't be described in words. It wasn't as bad for my mother since she was native to Coruscant, but she could at least fathom what he might have felt. I had no siblings to share my own feelings with.

If you were to ask me where my parents were now, I wouldn't give you a straight answer. I haven't seen them in years, two to be exact.

After our trip, we went to Coruscant to stay with my Aunt and Uncle. My father got a job as a ship mechanic and soon set up his own shop. At Coruscant I met two other kids that had Alderaan roots. Jackie and Barrett were brother and sister. Jackie was the same age as me, while Barrett was a year older than us. They introduced me to the world of music. And finally...My eyes were pried open.

I taught myself how to play a Vor-Flute with some assisstance from my friends. I was pretty good at it. Jackie and Barrett had their own musical instruments and soon we formed a small band. We played in front of our families, hoping that one day we could get a gig in an upper-class bar. No such luck...

...That was until we met Striker. His real name was Steven, but we called him Striker. The reason he had been given this name was closely tied in with his own instrument. Striker played the bantha-drums. With his two drumsticks, he was the fastest hand moving drummer on Coruscant. At least that's what we liked to believe. I won't really get into the details of how Striker came to be one of us. It didn't bother him that he was the only alien (a Duros) in the group. He wasn't from Alderaan, but he was quite aware of pain and what it felt like.

Flash forward about three years, I find myself in front of a Jedi bar, alone. Hadn't heard much about these Jedi, and they didn't seem too impressive. Perhaps I could meet one myself, perhaps not. It didn't matter that much.

I pushed the door open and entered the bar and grill. Most could probably tell I was an outlander. I found my way to a nice bar stool beside the bar counter. The bartender noticed me, and came forward.)

"What'll it be kid?"

(I stared at him weird. I was already 22, and this guy was calling me kid?)

"I'll have a glass of Alderaan Ale."

"Lookin' to soothe some troubles?"

"You could say that..."

(I turned around and studied the various patrons of the Bar and Grill. It looked like a nice place where you could have fun. Even the people seemed friendly. It would be a nice place to drown my sorrows and forget my worries.)

Isaiah Osborne
Sep 1st, 2001, 11:15:26 AM
(Reminds me of home, I thought to myself, while taking a sip of the Ale. In reality I really didn't remember that much of Alderaan, except for the landscape and monuments that were shown in holopictures. Although I still kept a few memories locked up tight in my mind. These memories would stay with me forever.

My favorite memory was the first time I got to fly in a Thrantas. They were used to ferry people from city to city. I was three, maybe four at the time. My father picked me up and held me high. The wind was blowing in my face, the ground was far below. It was one of the greatest experiences I've ever felt. Since then I've never been afraid of heights. I guess that helped a little when we moved to Coruscant.

This Bar and Grill was a lot better and cleaner then that low-grade bar in Nar Shaddaa. That night in the bar was the last memory I had of my band members. It wasn't a pleasant one and it pained me to think about.

Quickly I diverted my thoughts elsewhere. I stared at a couple, embraced in eachother's arms. They were both human, but they wore casual clothes and not robes like the other humans. There weren't many non-humans in the bar, save a few. I found that a little odd. There must have been a hundred non humans in that bar on Nar Shaddaa.

I turned around and raised my mug again. The cold feeling of ale touched my lips and slithered it's way down my throat.

On the bar rack above me there was at least over a hundred bottles. Each had a different name and came from a different planet but they all looked exquisite. I wish I had the creds to buy one of those bottles and indulge just once. Unfortunately I didn't have that many credits at all. I had taken the band's credits and toured a few worlds. Now I was here, Arcan IV. It seemed like a nice peaceful planet.)

"With this mug I drown my last sorrow, ready to plan for tomorrow."

(I hummed a small song to myself. It made me feel a bit better. Music was how one could express themself with more then words, just like painting or sketching. It helped me unleash my soul unto others. Unfortunately I didn't have a band to share that feeling with anymore. All I had was myself...)

telgar jae
Sep 1st, 2001, 12:05:37 PM
hmm... well, this is definately not the residence hall. however... a drink sounds good right about now.

telgar stepped all the way into the bar and grille, and looked about attentively as she found a seat. when she sat down, a droid cropped up, and she ordered hard fruit juice, any kind. as she was waiting for her drink, she noticed a friendly-looking guy a few seats down the counter. he looked about as cheerful as a rock, and held a rather distant look in his eyes. telgar frowned, noting the fact that he hummed, and stood up to walk over.

"greetings and salutations, stranger. do you mind if i sit down? you look like you could use a spot of company. you're liable to make it rain with a face like that," she said, smiling gently. now was not the time to be overly enigmatic. as much as she liked to have fun, there was a time for everything.

Isaiah Osborne
Sep 1st, 2001, 02:38:25 PM
(Much to my surprise, someone actually noticed me. She was a girl, possibly a Jedi. I set my mug down and turned around to acknowledge her greeting.)

"Hello...No I don't mind at all."

(My response came out quickly and quietly, but she heard it. I was tempted to chuckle at her joke. I didn't, instead I motioned for her to sit down. I was trying to be as nice as possible, despite the fact that my manners had drifted off with my mind.

It had been three weeks since I had actually talked with someone in a real conversation. After you don't talk to someone for a while, it becomes flavorless and meaningless. I wasn't exactly content with my current state of life, but I didn't possess the powers to change it.)

"I'm Isaiah Osborne. Are you a Jedi?"

(I guess I couldn't contain myself. I really did want to meet a Jedi Knight. Maybe they could help me with my problems, maybe not. As the bartender made his rounds, I tossed him a cred chit for the mug of ale. I didn't feel like drinking anymore. Perhaps this lady wanted a drink?)

"Would you like a drink? It's on me."

telgar jae
Sep 1st, 2001, 04:38:39 PM
she watched his face for a moment, and she could tell something was amiss. there was little sparkle in his eyes, and his posture slumped him over the counter. she got the impression that he was seriously depressed. she resisted the urge to frown at that, and kept up a friendly smile.

"i'm isaiah osborne. are you a jedi?"

the suddenness of the question startled her for only a moment before she grinned rather sheepishly.

"my name is telgar jae. its a pleasure to meet you, isaiah. now, as for the jedi bit... not really. i've applied to become a padawan, though arrangements havent been secured yet," she said, chuckling. "i haven't even found the residence hall yet, truth be told."

"would you like a drink? it's on me."

she shook her head. "i've already ordered. and speaking of which..." she glanced around, just in time to greet the droid she had ordered from, and accepted her drink. it turned out to be a fruit juice she didnt recognize, but it was tangy. she liked it. she thanked the droid, and nodded to isaiah. "i heard you humming earlier. do you sing?"

telgar jae
Sep 8th, 2001, 10:37:43 PM
telgar sipped her drink, and glanced around at all the people. her eyes were drawn to person after person, each different, each new, each refreshingly changing. it appeared that nothing here was static, and things happened at a great pace. the b&g was bustling quite profitably, she mused.

she glanced back at her companion, who suddenly seemed very quiet. she shrugged to herself, and took another sip.

i think i'm going to like it here. productive people, friendly environs, useful practices, and most important, intelligence.

she could tell my the snippets of conversation she overheard, the expression on people's faces, the attitudes and postures... everything was an indication that stupid people were quickly weeded out. not by force, but by necessity. learning to be one of these people would be an interesting challenge, one telgar looked forward to very much indeed.

and, breifly, she wondered when her companion would regain his tongue.

Nash Stolar
Sep 10th, 2001, 12:12:12 AM
*Nash walked into the bar... he was last told his newest assigned padawan, telgar was heading for the bar... he looked around at the the people in the bar.. it was not long untill he recognized the figure of telgar*

"Ah finaly I found her.."

*he walked up behind her.. he really dident know what to say... he became a knight not long ago.. but he still had to oblagation to do.. so he started to speek..*

"Umm... Telgar right? I have.. um requested you to be my padawan to teach in the ways of the force.. and so I have been asigned as your master..when you are ready I guess we will start training.."

*he smiled..and waited for her to speek... to anyone it showed... he was still very new to this*

telgar jae
Sep 10th, 2001, 11:11:51 PM
she was more suprised at his hesitancy than the suddenness of his voice so close behind her, however. how did he manage to do that? she eyed him for a brief moment. what is it about me that could possibly make a jedi so nervous? she shrugged it off mentally, for the moment, and smiled. the first good peice of news she'd heard all week.

"thank you, jedi nash stolar. aah... dunno what else to say, really. i suppose thank you will do for the moment, eh?" she grinned. "i guess i'm ready to begin training as soon as i find a room to settle down in. maybe if i have some help, we could begin training today?" she was too forward to blush at her own uselessness, but she shifted in her seat a little, andher smile was lopsided. it never hurt to display weaknesses to those who would help counter them.

Nash Stolar
Sep 11th, 2001, 01:50:39 PM
*Nash smiled to her*

"Great... Umm... I guess if you would like I could show you to the rooms then once you get everything settled away we can start the training"