PDA

View Full Version : An Invisable Danger.

Sith Amamion
Sep 30th, 2001, 05:12:51 PM
(Amamion, using her self-cloaking device, walks into the Bar and Grill. Having heard of the place being a jedi hang out, she is there to find any worthy aponents. Many light side users are walking around. But, to her suprise, there is also some dark siders there. She stays in a dark corner, watching to see if any one senses her, as she can not mask the darkness around here with the cloaking device. Her eyes stop on every jedi in the room, a look that seems like it could kill.)

Morgan Evanar
Sep 30th, 2001, 07:22:18 PM
I hate to be a pain in the ass, but you can't see out of a cloaking device, and the energy to operate one is fairly obscene. You can't just wear one on your back.

Nichos Marr
Sep 30th, 2001, 08:06:16 PM
OOC: Of course there is a Force technique to make oneself invisible, but it requires the Force user to be at least a Sith Lord (I think).

Force Master Hunter
Sep 30th, 2001, 08:53:26 PM
From what I've looked up, You can hide your presence in the Force from other Force users, but that seems to also preclude using the Force for other reasons as a drawback.
True invisibility is not really possible, I think. Still exploring that one.

It tends to be a Dark Side thing, tho I seem to recall a Jedi CAN do it too.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Sep 30th, 2001, 09:27:29 PM
Just use the Force to Bend the light around youself. Light is made up from particals, just channel it around you, Easy Sith Technique. Takes alot of energy though, and most of your concentration.

Akrabbim
Oct 1st, 2001, 03:06:38 AM
Not that hard for a Jedi, either. That is, if you specialize. And I do the Force Masking thing too.

Marcus QDunn
Oct 1st, 2001, 03:19:30 AM
Well, I guess your the one who would know :)

Dark Lord Dyzm
Oct 1st, 2001, 06:20:49 PM
Why would the jedi want to avoid the light?

Sith Amamion
Oct 1st, 2001, 08:53:08 PM
(OOC) Ok I guess I have pick the wrong Star Wars boards to join. I'll just leave this post and you people with no imagination can have your board back. :>

Marcus QDunn
Oct 1st, 2001, 09:11:37 PM
Boy now there is a misused word. Stick around and find just how much imagination we really have. Might rather surprise you

Hart Kenobi
Oct 1st, 2001, 11:05:05 PM
And in all fairness, it seems like you're looking for a "Let's-Make-Up-Anything-I-Want" board than a Star Wars board. Discussion on what is true to Star Wars shouldn't be dismissed so quickly if it is actually an interest to you. I am willing to wager that you won't be finding one superior to this anytime soon.

As for the invisibility thing, I just seem to have a hard time grasping that a Sith can walk into a room filled with Jedi and not appear. I understand hiding your Force presence, but not hiding your physical self standing right in front of them. At least that is how I always understood it. After all, to convince someone something such as "I'm not here", the recipient should be very weak-minded, not Jedi Knights and Masters.
And anyway, I would think it would be very easy to simply change a few words around so that it sounds reasonable to everyone. I mean, being invisible or just hiding in the shadows doesn't make or break your rp. Hopefully.

Akrabbim
Oct 2nd, 2001, 12:15:04 AM
Illusion is a tool, a means to an end. Heck, a simple Force push can be quite evil.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Oct 2nd, 2001, 12:29:05 AM
Can't really hide yourself from other force users if they are looking for it.

Akrabbim
Oct 2nd, 2001, 01:42:57 AM
Oh, but you can. You have to be standing somewhat still though. It also nullifies any personal Force enhancements.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Oct 2nd, 2001, 01:46:51 AM
You can move with it, just have to take it really slow

Miryan no Trunks
Oct 2nd, 2001, 02:22:14 AM
Oh, if you find a SW board that lets you just make up illogical stuff, let me know :D I've got a brand new "Kill-any-opponent-instantly" button I'd like to try out ^_^

Wait.... no, wait. I lied.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Oct 2nd, 2001, 11:48:19 AM
hehe....

Jamie Throwe
Oct 2nd, 2001, 11:26:53 PM
:LOL