PDA

View Full Version : Question

Jacen Jade
Oct 17th, 2001, 09:22:29 PM
WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :)

Mortaniuss
Oct 17th, 2001, 09:35:01 PM
(Lifting Mournblade from it's sheath, Mortaniuss holds the Black Sword up a tad, pointing it at the strange man.)

"I hear Heaven is a fairly elevated location. Care to have me attempt to send you there?"

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Oct 17th, 2001, 09:38:17 PM
(A hand is placed gently on the vampire's shoulder)

Such things...will not be necessary.

Mortaniuss
Oct 17th, 2001, 09:50:22 PM
(Bloodless lips creased into what had become Mortaniuss' trademark smile, both cold and sardonic)

"I only wished to help assist him in his quest to find what lays upward. Surely you wouldn't impede a generous soul such as myself from helping the young man?"

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Oct 17th, 2001, 09:59:48 PM
(Jubei's left eyebrow arched slightly, his voice cool and calming)

I doubt your help would be of the welcome kind.

Mortaniuss
Oct 17th, 2001, 10:22:36 PM
(Still smiling, he nodded his head, returning the sword to it's sheath. It seemed to growl in protest, but was quiet once the blade was fully covered.)

"What are you, little soul, that you place so much value on the life of a stranger? Does it comfort you to know that you have the power to help others? Does it give you some sense of self-importance to know that this man owes you his life?"

(He punctuated the last question with a brief laugh (http://learndifferent.clanpages.com/n/kainlaugh.wav).)

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Oct 17th, 2001, 10:37:26 PM
You speak of power, debt, and subservience. I pursue only peace and enlightenment - of others and ultimately myself through my deeds.

You cannot buy that, not with a million credits or a million lives.

The sanctity of soul has no price to it.

Mortaniuss
Oct 17th, 2001, 10:48:02 PM
You talk of noble deeds and altruistic intentions, yet you carefully neglect the most important part - Your motivations. Why do you waste your life helping the ungrateful creatures of this world and others? Because it makes you feel good - It gives you some sense of accomplishment, of importnace. I bet your ego swells every time you save some hapless wretch from getting himself killed.

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Oct 17th, 2001, 11:13:10 PM
Perhaps. Perhaps it is a sense of accomplishment to declare my independence from the typical selfish desires that men are driven by. If there were an end, a true goal...perhaps I would gloat upon having it. If I did...would I have arrived at the end of my journey at all?

There is no end to the journey I take. It is the journey itself that is its own reward.

(Jubei smiled)

Surely the undead know of unending quests.

Mortaniuss
Oct 17th, 2001, 11:33:19 PM
(Mortaniuss returned the smile with a sarcastic mockery of it)

"Perhaps. And perhaps you assume too much."

(With a casual grace, the albino seated himself on the ground, cross-legged. He laid the sheathed sword down next to him)

"But enough of playing the old cat-and-mouse game: I'm certain that you've been questioned a hundred times over on the nature of good, and you obviously have your answers ready to be regurgitated at the drop of a hat. Tell me - Why do you think I am, in the eyes of you and your peers, 'evil'?"

Danya Sedirna
Oct 17th, 2001, 11:40:57 PM
Some distance away, at a table, a brunette-haired woman watched the conversation between the monk and the vampire, with a degree of interest.

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Oct 18th, 2001, 12:58:05 AM
(Jubei nodded in acceptance of the question)

If you're asking whether your undeath implies evil...it does not. It is tragic to be rended violently from the life cycle, but it shall not be evil's crutch.

(His eyes met the vampyre's gaze)

You are what you make yourself. The choice is yours alone to make.

Mortaniuss
Oct 18th, 2001, 01:08:51 AM
"Indeed. And I don't believe I ever implied that the choice was beyond me. I simply asked why you think I choose to live my life differently than yours. I chose to live for my enjoyment and mine alone. Is that a crime?"

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Oct 18th, 2001, 01:25:10 AM
If you live for yourself, and trample upon others, the path you walk is indeed evil.

Balance is the truest path to walk.

Mortaniuss
Oct 18th, 2001, 01:31:21 AM
Why is it 'evil' to be concerned only about oneself? Where is it written that I have a responsibility to anyone other than me? As for those trampled underfoot... well, it's not my fault that I am simply more powerful than them. I am what I am: Nothing more, nothing less.

Jacen Jade
Oct 18th, 2001, 08:08:37 AM
jacen taps the vamp on his shoulder

"Excuse, I really do hate you hicky givers ok?"

jacen pulls out a wooden steak and smiles, then punds it in his heart.

"Buh bye now."

:lol:

Mortaniuss
Oct 18th, 2001, 11:03:31 AM
(Mortaniuss looked down at the sliver of wood embedded in his chest. Clearly, he was not amused.)

"This is the life you would defend? He is no better than I - Worse, because I would at least take sustenance from his death."

Jacen Jade
Oct 18th, 2001, 11:06:11 AM
No seriously now, Vampire is a pretty cool idea. Just one question dude, if you RP......how?

Mortaniuss
Oct 18th, 2001, 11:18:17 AM
OOC ~ While I roleplay at SWFans (and related boards), I try not to overly play up the fact that Mortaniuss is a vampire. Instead, I pass him off as a Sith of an alien breed. As a part of his speices' natural deitary requirements, he must partake in a certain amount of plasma on a daily basis in order to continue 'living'. The deathly pallor is, in fact, due to the fact that he was born an albino (also hence the crimson eyes). Although his species is particularly long-lived, Mortaniuss is a very moderate 70-something standard years old.

Jacen Jade
Oct 18th, 2001, 01:21:49 PM
Cool. That sounds like a good idea. But I ain't changing my name. :)

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Oct 18th, 2001, 02:29:37 PM
(Jubei frowned at the attack. Such violence was never necessary)

It would seem you are both set upon each other's destruction. All the more difficult the path I walk.

(Jubei looked at the vampyre)

Will you require healing? I know little of your people.

(He turned to the other combatant, shaking his head)

Your dark intentions are no better than his.

Mortaniuss
Oct 18th, 2001, 02:58:09 PM
(With a slight grunt, Mortaniuss removed the splinter of wood from his chest)

"Your kind offer is duly noted, but unnecessary. I shall be fine. But tell me - Do you believe in the philosophy of 'Eye for an Eye, Tooth for a Tooth'? Should I return his favor in kind?"

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Oct 18th, 2001, 03:24:36 PM
An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth only serves to create blind and toothless people.

Mortaniuss
Oct 18th, 2001, 03:43:08 PM
(Another laugh (http://learndifferent.clanpages.com/n/kainlaugh.wav).)

"Interesting way of putting it, I concede. I find you... amusing. Perhaps it is your all-consuming youthful naiveté. One could almost be led to think that you actually believe that tripe which you spout. But I don't believe I caught your name...?"

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Oct 18th, 2001, 03:53:32 PM
Jubei SaDherat Vader

(Jubei bowed slightly)

Likewise, I too failed to get your name.

Mortaniuss
Oct 18th, 2001, 04:00:00 PM
"I have many names. But you may call me 'Mortaniuss' - it's as good as any other, don't you think? And I do believe that you have earned a place on my list of interesting figures, Jubei. Do expect to hear from me in the future. Or rather: Don't."

(He lifted one pale hand, brushing his length of hair to the side a bit)

"I prefer having the element of surprise."

Jacen Jade
Oct 19th, 2001, 08:02:54 AM
jacen walks over to the tall pale figure.

"Well, since there is no way I can pronounce your name friend....."

extends hand

"......I honor you. You are a cunning warrior. See ya around."