PDA

View Full Version : An admin warning READ NOW

ReaperFett
Nov 2nd, 2001, 04:19:16 PM
With the AOTC trailer coming out on Sunday (Monday for TV), I am warning you now. Anything that is even CLOSE to a spoiler in a thread without warning WILL get you an IP banning.

And that includes trailer discussion. Some people avoid them, as they can ruin films (I worked out Qui Gon was dying from the trailer)

If you want to talk about it, either have large spaces in between the spoiler like this

SPOILERS

Darth Maul died in TPM

END

Or, start a thread that DOESNT reveal anything in the title, for example "AOTC trailer discussion (SPOILERS!)". In one like that, you can talk all you want, as it is out of the way for people who dont want to see. I'll give a reminder before the movie itself too.

You have been warned

Nichos Marr
Nov 2nd, 2001, 05:32:24 PM
Sunday? :D

ReaperFett
Nov 2nd, 2001, 05:34:34 PM
well, whenever Monsters Inc is out in the US

Figrin D an
Nov 2nd, 2001, 05:38:12 PM
Yes, yes, to Fett you listen...

Just use some common sense when posting anything spoiler-related and there won't be any problems, and be conscious of your friends here at the boards that might want to be surprised when the film comes out.

Thanks ahead of time.

Lady DeVille
Nov 2nd, 2001, 07:52:26 PM
Thats TODAY-- Friday, Fett. :) In fact, I'm going to see it tonight.

:D I'm so spoiler-free I'm like sugarless candy. But I will let myself see the trailer. I can't wait!

Also, to note, that at swfans.net, there is a code to use for the spoilers Darth Maul Dies...I think thats it, at least...

Estelle Russard
Nov 3rd, 2001, 07:01:42 PM
Fett layin down the law. YEAH.

Sanis Prent
Nov 3rd, 2001, 09:21:38 PM
DAMMIT LD...I haven't seen TPM yet, you turd!

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Nov 4th, 2001, 12:10:24 AM
:lol: Sanis

Good Idea Fett!

AmazonBabe
Nov 4th, 2001, 01:11:06 AM
:lol: @ Sanis!

Well, I saw Monsters, Inc. at a pre-screening for the Writers Guild in Hollywood last Thur. But no trailers were attached. I'll be seeing the trailer on Mon when I go to see the movie again. :)

So, I haven't seen it. So... SSSHHHHHHHH!!!!! :p

Dark Lord Dyzm
Nov 4th, 2001, 04:26:05 AM
I'll see the trailor sometime. But as long as we are on the discussion of Movies... **Sits calmly waiting for the Lord of the Rings**

Lady DeVille
Nov 5th, 2001, 03:33:19 AM
LORD OF THE RINGS! LORD OF THE RINGS! LORD OF THE RINGS! LORD OF THE RINGS! LORD OF THE RINGS! LORD OF THE RINGS! LORD OF THE RINGS! LORD OF THE RINGS! LORD OF THE RINGS! LORD OF THE RINGS! LORD OF THE RINGS! LORD OF THE RINGS! LORD OF THE RINGS! LORD OF THE RINGS! LORD OF THE RINGS! LORD OF THE RINGS! LORD OF THE RINGS! LORD OF THE RINGS!

Sanis Prent
Nov 5th, 2001, 03:53:23 AM
Lord of the Rings?

Like the book?

Yeah, I heard about that. I haven't read the Hobbitt or the LotR books, but I guess I might go see it, or wait for it on video.

Lady DeVille
Nov 5th, 2001, 04:05:22 AM
WHAAAAT!? That is WORSE than the fact that -*looks around*

*whispers* than the fact you've never seen Toy Story!

WORSE! YOU MUST SEE IT!

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Nov 5th, 2001, 04:52:04 AM
pay my way, and I will

Leeloo Mina
Nov 5th, 2001, 01:07:13 PM
Never reading LOTR I can understand but, he's never seen TOY STORY?? AHHHHHHHH!!!!! Speaking of which I havent watched that in a while..

ReaperFett
Nov 5th, 2001, 01:15:50 PM
not read LOTR or watched Toy Story. Saw TS2, didnt think it was THAT great

Leeloo Mina
Nov 5th, 2001, 03:45:35 PM
Haven't seen Toy Story 2.. I figure it sucks :)

Morgan Evanar
Nov 5th, 2001, 08:04:12 PM
I liked both Toy Story(s) immensly. They are excellent movies, I reccomend them heartily.

Fett: You and many people clash on movie taste.

ReaperFett
Nov 5th, 2001, 08:45:02 PM
there you go again, starting this "you have different tastes from everyone in the world" record. Well, read what I said. Not THAT great. Did I say bad? No. Average? No. I found it good, but not to the extent some go. I dont see how that refers to differing tastes.

BTW, reccomendation of the week: The Limey. Soderbourgh directed, starring Terrence Stamp. Classy in that way only Soderbourgh can do. Easily as good as Out of Sight

Laran Katern
Nov 6th, 2001, 03:37:15 AM
Hey both Toy Story's rocked!!

Did ya see the teaser yet? Didja didja?

Lady DeVille
Nov 6th, 2001, 03:56:35 AM
LotR....*drools* I FINALLY saw the TV trailer for the Fellowship of the Ring. Our reception was horrible...but it fanned the fires...I'm raring to see it! *chomps at the bit*

And I liked both Toy Story and Toy Story 2. Its an instance where the sequel wasn't worse than the first one. C'mon, they were great!

I liked A Bug's Life toooooo...Sanis, you NEED to see that one too. I mean, where else is there a line like this: "Hey, who ordered the poopoo platter?"

Dark Lord Dyzm
Nov 6th, 2001, 04:10:53 AM
You all know that those Bastards making Harry Potter Chose this winter to release the movie to try to block Lord of the Rings. Finally Saw the Star War's Trailor "breathing" Not much reveled did it.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 6th, 2001, 04:13:42 AM
Fett: I'm not trying to rekindle that war, I'm just stating that tastes differ, so if you haven't seen Toy Story, its up to you.

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Nov 6th, 2001, 04:54:37 AM
Blarg on Harry Potter. If somebody wants to buy my ticket...I'll check it out, but its not worth my money.

As for LotR, I'll go see it cause Akrabbim said the books were good, and the trailer looks cool. Having Ian McKellen in it don't hurt at all :)

I'll see Toy Story, Toy Story 2, and a Bugs Life in December...about the same time I see Oceans Eleven :D

But I have entered the phase I'd like to call "E2 Countdown".

Thaw me out in May :)

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Nov 6th, 2001, 01:21:30 PM
nice sig, Jubei....

ReaperFett
Nov 6th, 2001, 02:08:24 PM
you see, Jubei has style. Oceans Eleven first, good man :)

Blackhawk Down in December
Once upon a time in Mexico in early summer
Episode II soon after

Oh what a year :)

Sanis Prent
Nov 6th, 2001, 02:26:08 PM
Oh crap....forgot about Black Hawk Down

ReaperFett
Nov 6th, 2001, 03:14:07 PM
And I forgot Windtalkers :)

Dark Lord Dyzm
Nov 6th, 2001, 09:45:26 PM
Er, Windtalkers look good, but Nicholas Cage? I'm not jumping for joy over that bit of news.

ReaperFett
Nov 6th, 2001, 10:34:54 PM
that's Oscar winner Nic Cage :)

Besides, any actor can give a few good performances. Well, except Keanu Reeves :)

Dark Lord Dyzm
Nov 6th, 2001, 10:37:34 PM
Well, I still cant imagine him as a super star Actor. Harrison Ford is what I call a Super Star Actor, Same as Sean Connory.

Lady DeVille
Nov 7th, 2001, 04:25:58 AM
Harrison Ford....*DROOOL*

Sean Connery...he could talk to me all night long, but he better keep his old man hands off. Although he WAS James Bond.

But Harrison Ford could do...he could do no wrong! :)

ReaperFett
Nov 7th, 2001, 06:23:34 AM
Harrison Ford started makng bad films. The 90s werent really his decade

Dark Lord Dyzm
Nov 7th, 2001, 10:39:42 PM
89, his last good movie... Him and Sean Connory in the same kickass Movie. Can anyone Guess It?

Lady DeVille
Nov 8th, 2001, 04:10:39 AM
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. That was too easy, Dyzm.

Harrison Ford...you may be right about the 90s movies. I'm thinking and thinking...I'm coming up with Six Days Seven Nights (gag!) and Random Hearts. Although I LOVED The Devil's Own. Ford and Pitt in the same movie. Yum yum!

Of course, he was in Apocalypse Now, Star Wars, and Bladerunner. I love that man.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Nov 8th, 2001, 04:21:29 AM
I liked Air Force One.

O! O! O! Does Anyone Know Sean Connory's FULL name? Bet ya dont! NA-NA-NA-NAH!!!

Lady DeVille
Nov 8th, 2001, 04:27:48 AM
Air Force One! How did I forget that one! Loved it. :)

His full name? Sean Austin Connery? ;) :p

ReaperFett
Nov 8th, 2001, 07:40:32 AM
Thomas Sean Connery

I can think of 3 good 90s films. The CLancy pair and THe Fugitive. Air Force One was Okay. Devils Own was IRA-sympathising BS, and should be burnt

Dark Lord Dyzm
Nov 8th, 2001, 01:18:24 PM
Boom! Reaper is well versed in the ways of Connory.

Tom Sean Connory, first read it at a friends house after watching Thunderball for the uptenth time.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Nov 8th, 2001, 01:44:14 PM
SC has cool voice but I agree with LD, too old....Ford never really thought of him as hot....and as for Brad, anytime *never gets bored in any Brad movie*

Sanis Prent
Nov 8th, 2001, 03:25:33 PM
(wonders why) :lol:

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Nov 8th, 2001, 04:06:27 PM
:p