PDA

View Full Version : OOC: Musical preference?

Phr33kUnl3ash3d
Nov 3rd, 2001, 06:46:46 PM
This is Taja/Torri/Knyte/what-have-you ... I was just curious as to what everybody here listens to. I prefer extreme metal styles (esp. death, black, grind, thrash, industrial, goth and heavy), and my favorite bands include Slayer and Emperor. I also like less heavy stuff like Seafood and Electric Soft Parade. ^_^

Satine Capashen
Nov 3rd, 2001, 08:01:48 PM
Hey Wulffie!

I listent o everything from Spears (I don't know why...) to Disturbed, Nelly, Limp Bizkit, Blut Oyster Cult, and things like that. Basically anything but country and spanish. I even listen to TWO-MIX on occasion (I like their music...)

Sanis Prent
Nov 3rd, 2001, 09:19:32 PM
Classic rock, Alternative (minus the whiney emaciated pop bands of recent), Rap, Techno, Classical, and Country (REAL country...not that "Country-Pop" garbage).

Rule of thumb...older is generally better. I've been sorely disappointed by music in the recent years...guess its a sign I'm just getting too old.

Lord Gue
Nov 3rd, 2001, 09:37:09 PM
Classical Rock, Classical, Metal, Grunge, Pop, Rap, Country, almost anything that isnt say longer than my attention span...

Figrin D an
Nov 3rd, 2001, 10:13:07 PM
Classic Rock, select Alternative groups, Techno (sometimes), Classical (the generalized definition, which includes selections from the Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Impressionist and Neo-Classical periods), traditional Jazz (and I emphasize traditional, not the post-modern easy-listening crap)...

I'll listen to a wide variety of music genres, but those are the ones I would list as my favorites.

number 62
Nov 4th, 2001, 12:25:57 AM
I leason to any but POP and country, bands like slipnot and so on that music.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 4th, 2001, 02:14:23 AM
I prefer the heavier of more modern rock (Tool, NiN, Disturbed, Systematic etc.) I like a lot of older rock too, (Zepplin, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, the Who, Jefferson Airplane/Starship, Santana)

Some weirder misc stuff, such as Traffic.

Electronic music: my tastes are best represented (generally) by Squarepusher and Aphex Twin.

Older Jazz gets a big thumbs up in my book, an I do like some classical, but I generally don't listen it much.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Nov 4th, 2001, 04:21:32 AM
Ska, Punk, Rock, Techno (some kinds)

Taja Loraan
Nov 5th, 2001, 09:47:10 AM
As a musician, I appreciate all sorts of music that involves actual instruments, inc. classical. Classic rock is also good. =)

I agree, that the older stuff by most bands is always better. The best examples would probably be Slayer and Morbid Angel.

Leeloo Mina
Nov 5th, 2001, 01:03:39 PM
I listen to nearly everything but pop and country.. I dont even know the names of some of the stuff I listen to.. guess that's one of the bad things about having the internet and a fast connection..

Katarina Kariena
Nov 6th, 2001, 11:02:16 AM
Just about anything, the only exception is that for the heavly metal/alternitive/whatever it's called and rap I only listen to christian. I listen to alot of country and whatever else I can find on the raido, celtic, pop, some jazz, clasical(just about anything from that whole range to time peroids), Marches, and whatever else I feel like listening to. :b

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Nov 6th, 2001, 01:44:19 PM
I pretty much listen to a lot of alternative and punk like Blink 182, Sum 41, Lucky 7, Staind, Korn, Lit, System of a Down, Nickelback, etc....and a little bit of the older stuff like Metallica, Ozzy, etc.....

Kitssarri Reetissa
Nov 6th, 2001, 03:43:47 PM
Muzak, eh? Pretty much like everything save for dance music, country(except for Jonny Cash), and this new pop crap. Love punk (sum 41, gob, lucky 7, Gimme Gimmes, Social Distortion), industrail(NIN), electronic(Chemical Brothers, FatBoy), all the way to techno (spun by dj's), to alternative (Weezer, radiohead, Dave Matthews), to some heavy stuff (RATM, Limp, Tool). Only rap i really care for is old school Beasties (which i guess isn't really rap). Then just throw in some Violent Femmes, and some Lit, and some Ramones and some Goldfinger and giddy up, that's me

edit - forgot to add any post white album beatles

General Ceel
Nov 7th, 2001, 10:23:01 PM
Black Metal, Death Metal, Power metal, Goth and darkwave for me

Black Metal: Cradle Of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Mayhem, Emperor

Death Metal: Nile, In Flames, DragonLord, Death

Goth: Lacuna Coil, Opeth, The Gathering

Darkwave: Dark Sanctuary, Elend

Power Metal: Iced Earth, Demons And Wizards, Halford, Iron Maiden......

there are a few other sub generas of metal that i listen to.....but i won't get into them in this post...

Lady DeVille
Nov 8th, 2001, 04:21:41 AM
My Theme Song, according to Emode.com, is Walking on Sunshine. HOWEVER, since I've never actually heard that song, you were all just blessed with that tidbit of information for no reason. :D

I listen to just about everything. I like classical music, except the most modern classical is REALLY hard to listen to. Romantic, Baroque (Bach=genius), Classical (Mozart)...I like to play them I guess, so that counts as listening, right?

Country, classic rock, alternative...and I'd throw in metal bands, but I'm not sure I've ever really listened to what metal listeners would call heavy metal. :D Does Enya count? :p ;) I like anything that I can pick a tune out in. As for Rap: I like some Eminem...but thats about it. A general thumbs down on rap.

Nupraptor
Nov 9th, 2001, 01:57:03 AM
When I'm in the car, I listen to Classical almost exclusively. My MP3s mostly consist of Euro Synth-Pop (Beborn Beton, Leather Strip) and similar music. I've been listening to more Country lately (mostly Tim McGraw). I've always been a huge NiN fan, and I like Jewel quite a bit. Eclectic enough for you?

Lady DeVille
Nov 9th, 2001, 04:28:21 AM
Add the Spice Girls, and THEN you're ecclectic. :) Of course, I wouldn't be able to talk to you then. ;)

Laran Katern
Nov 9th, 2001, 04:44:38 AM
*dances like a backstreet boy *

OH..forgot to mention, can't get enough of dem backstreet men...they're so Dreamy

Phr33kUnl3ash3d
Nov 12th, 2001, 02:56:39 AM
Laran ... I honestly can't tell if that's sarcasm or not ... o.o;;

General Ceel - finally, someone who's actually heard of the bands I listen to! Nile's "Black Seeds of Vengeance" is such a beautiful album, ne? =) They're playing London here in December.

Oh yes .. if they count as industrial, then I like Pitchshifter and I love Neurosis.

I don't like any pop punk (i.e. Blink 182, Sum 41, etc.) unless Seafood is included in that genre, and I DO like punk. Therapy are really good, and if The Almighty count as punk, them too.

As for alternative .. I like Electric Soft Parade, so that speaks for itself.

And no, I can't shut up. ^^;

Laran Katern
Nov 12th, 2001, 03:29:50 AM
If you knew who this was, then you'd know if it was sarcasm or not ;)

Nupraptor
Nov 12th, 2001, 03:45:29 AM
Hi Hart. :)

Leeloo Mina
Nov 12th, 2001, 05:59:29 AM
:lol: That's not hart.. but someone who jokes around just about that much.

Phr33kUnl3ash3d
Nov 12th, 2001, 02:06:32 PM
'Skoo ... I know who it is now!! ^^;

Laran Katern
Nov 12th, 2001, 04:10:22 PM
Hart??? I told you who I waas and you already forget??

*go away crying*

*comes back dressed as Micheal Jackson*

OH yeah..I'm bad

Leeloo Mina
Nov 12th, 2001, 10:33:53 PM
KIDS! RUN AWAY FROM THE PLASTIC MAN!!!

Nupraptor
Nov 13th, 2001, 01:18:25 AM
Whatever you say, Hart. :) Going to be breaking out the party dress anytime soon?

Leeloo Mina
Nov 13th, 2001, 01:51:52 AM
>_<

*has flashbacks of her friend Matt*

Laran Katern
Nov 13th, 2001, 01:55:43 AM
I am no hart. I am the tin man....i'm looking for a heart though...can i borrow yours? just for a minute..honest..i'll give it back

Leeloo Mina
Nov 13th, 2001, 02:02:04 AM
The tin man was lucky.. Without a heart he didn't have to worry about it getting broken.

Nupraptor
Nov 13th, 2001, 03:26:38 AM
:: notices Laran's High Heels ::

Whatever you say, Hart.

Leeloo Mina
Nov 13th, 2001, 07:59:42 AM
I think Nup misses Hart.

Laran Katern
Nov 13th, 2001, 03:12:38 PM
* models his high heels*

what do you think nup? am i still sexy for you? the slit on my dress isn't too high is it?

Leeloo Mina
Nov 13th, 2001, 03:21:45 PM
*snickers and three musketeers*

Wow! you ARE sexy! Forget Nup! You're mine! :p

Laran Katern
Nov 13th, 2001, 04:41:00 PM
NOOOOOOOOO!!! ANYTHING BUT THAT!! SAVE ME NUP! SAVE ME!! MY BIG STUDLY MAN!

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Nov 13th, 2001, 04:43:56 PM
lol, wusssssjy......

Leeloo Mina
Nov 13th, 2001, 10:42:37 PM
I have a feeling he doesn't like women.

Laran Katern
Nov 14th, 2001, 03:00:14 AM
Who Nup?

Nupraptor
Nov 14th, 2001, 05:14:43 AM
If by "women" you mean "Laran", then no.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Nov 14th, 2001, 03:44:46 PM
hehe.....

Leeloo Mina
Nov 14th, 2001, 07:01:20 PM
:lol: I meant Laran doesn't like women..

But you know I think I'll use that against you somehow, someday Nup. :D

Darth Turbogeek
Nov 15th, 2001, 02:24:54 AM
My taste in music is weird. I like classical, up to thrash. I detest techno. And I dont like pop.

Jimmy Barnes, Nopiseworks, Delirious, Lifehouse are a few I really like.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 16th, 2001, 05:46:22 PM
I left out System of a Down and Mindless Self Indulgence. Dey me favs, sides from TooL and NiN.

Crono katon
Nov 17th, 2001, 01:13:24 AM
leeloo reminds him of the Matt incident and he ran out off the room screaming and pulling his hair out.

Laran Katern
Nov 17th, 2001, 02:48:02 AM
hehe. even i've heard of the famous matt incident....

*wonders if he is as sexy in this dress as matt*

Leeloo Mina
Nov 17th, 2001, 04:11:00 AM
I doubt it :lol:

Kitssarri Reetissa
Nov 17th, 2001, 04:19:00 AM
awwww but i've got nice legs

Leeloo Mina
Nov 17th, 2001, 06:06:24 AM
Matt usually(at least when I see him) wears pants.. so I've never seen his legs... and personally, would rather not :D