PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Knight: Epilogue

Nichos Marr
Oct 27th, 2001, 07:59:57 PM
<font size=1>OOC: I thought I'd keep this closed for now. This takes place a few months after the Roleplay, <a href=http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7429>Jedi Knight</a>

<font size=2>The glass was half full of the sticky blue substance. Or was it half empty? Which term would be the right term in this situation? Some would argue that half full would be the right term for the drink. Others would disagree and claim it to be half empty. Sentients, and even non sentients differed greatly from each other. This differences could not just be classified as physical differences, but also mental differences. The Force made everything different, even clones were different from their originals in some way. Would the Galaxy be a better place if everyone thought the same way?

Usually one's choices were influenced by things that had happened to them in the past. One was driven to the Dark Side of the Force by anger and insecurity. They had problems, and found it as a solution. The past could not be changed by anything or anyone. Not even the Force could change the past. Perhaps if one were to confront their past and deal with their problems, they would be free of the shackles of darkness. An interesting theory, but would it work? Probably not. Nothing really ever worked out 100%. Nothing was perfect, and no plan was fool proof.

Nichos Marr stared quietly at the glass, ignoring the sights and smells around him. A busy night, unlike the others in the past week. He was sitting alone, and didn't seem too interested in finishing the blue substance before him. He just...stared at it. Over time his eyelids had drooped until they could no longer be supported by his own power. His head tipped to the side as he accepted the sudden feeling of exhaustion. Finally his eyes shut, completely...

...Only to be reopened a few seconds later by a loud cheer that erupted from the other side of the Bar and Grill. It seemed that the local slashball team, a fan favorite dubbed "The Coruscant Cougars" had scored another point for their team. Nichos sighed, slightly irritated of having been woken up so abruptly. Sleep was a luxury that few could afford these days. Some would probably question why Nichos was in a noisy bar if he was trying to get caught up on sleep.

The fact of the matter was, Nichos had been waiting for someone. Of course falling asleep whilst keeping an eye out for someone he'd never seen before wasn't a good idea, Nichos was too tired to care otherwise. He knew that he'd be woken up eventually. If it were not the Force, warning him about something, perhaps the shouts and bar fights that occurred once every half hour would wake him up. The drink was still only a few inches away from his face. No service droid had come by to take it away. Nichos didn't know whether he should have been thankful of that fact, or quite the opposite. The drink didn't look too good to taste anymore. The fizzing bubbles inside had long since disappeared, and now the drink was stale.

When will this person arrive? Nichos thought, raising his head above the table. He ran a free hand over his chin, slightly surprised to feel hair there. The Jedi had forgotten for a split second that in the past few months he'd grown somewhat of a goatee. It was well tended to, and was neither too long, nor too short.

He thought back a few days ago to the message he had received over his private commlink channel. A coded message, a voice rather had instructed him to be where he was right now. Always the curious one, Nichos had already been on Arcan IV, as part of his mental recuperation plan, Thought I would've learned my lesson back on Tatooine...Guess not. The Jedi Knight had taken quite a beating on the desert planet, a memory which he was not too fond to recall. Though that had been months ago. Yet he couldn't help but wonder if this mysterious figure he was supposed to meet, and the incident on Tatooine were related in some way.

All he had been told was, "You will find the answers that you seek." The voice didn't sound human, but very close. It had a purring sound, almost as if the creature was grinning with every word he spoke. The message sounded like some typical holo-drama. Nichos didn't like it one bit. Unlike holo-dramas, not every situation turned out to be a "happily ever after" one. That fact alone would make anyone morose enough to sink their sorrows in alcohol. Nichos wasn't easily depressed, and words meant nothing to him, only the Force.

A silver chromed protocol droid walked toward Nichos rather rigidly. It's metal feet made a slight "tip tap" sound every time it moved. It's eyes glowed dimly, in the already lit room, and it's arms were outstretched and forward. Nichos wondered if that somehow helped it balance itself while it walked. In a very basic accent the droid spoke, "Sir, might I go about refreshing your drink?" Nichos couldn't help but smile at how formal these droids had been programmed to act.

Clearing his throat groggily, the Jedi spoke for the first time in a long time. "Uhh...yeah sure. I'll have a mug of Algerine." Nichos thought for a moment, and then confirmed the order with a nod.

Kyen Sreesyv
Oct 28th, 2001, 09:59:49 PM
"Put that under my current tab." A calm smooth voice emerged from behind Nichos. Just as soon as the droid had lifted it's head slightly to focus on the figure in it's optical sensors, Nichos Marr had turned around.

A Bothan of average height stood proudly behind the Jedi Knight. He had a feral grin on his face, that gave evidence of his sharp and equally dangerous teeth. His fur was cream coloured, a light brown that shone as much as his sparkling white teeth did. His eyes had a darker contrast then that of his fur, but they were captivating nonetheless. His arms were crossed at the middle chest, in a rather militant style. If there was one word the describe the Bothan, it would most definately be professional. He looked like a cold business merchant, with good manners. Beings like this pretended to be nice creatures, when in reality they only care about their personal gain.

Taking the initiative, the Bothan took a step forward and unfolded his hands. He offered one of the gloved paws to the Jedi Marr, who reluctantly accepted. At the same time, the Bothan found it fit to introduce himself, "I am Kyen Sree'Syv. You are undoubtedly the one I have come to seek." He grinned again, cautiously this time. "You share some of your father's attributes, from what I've seen of his holopictures. Your uncle was quite adamant on introducing me to your sect of his family. Quite an unfortunate tragedy that your parents have died."

The Bothan was quite aware that he left practically no room for Nichos to speak. Bothans always had something to say, or something to protest. Usually, they found themselves protesting their own arguments at times, using different words. The Bothan closed his mouth, and allowed a few seconds to pass. This was more then enough time to imply to Nichos that he could now speak.

"I am Nichos Marr, it is a pleasure to meet you." The Jedi responded.

As Kyen retracted his hand and rounded the table, he kept the Jedi in his sights, "Likewise Jedi Marr."

"I'm guessing you're the one who sent me that message? I'm quite curious to what answers you speak of. You've mentioned an uncle, I do not recall ever having an uncle." Nichos sipped at the new drink the droid had recently deposited on his table. It felt refreshing to taste something other then a stale liquid. If the Jedi had been asleep before, not a soul in the Galaxy could tell. Kyen noted that he was fully awake, and probably focused all senses on the newcomer in front of him.

"Ahh, I see that you Jedi are as smart as you are brave." Kyen was slightly amused at his statement. The Jedi would probably spend a few moments, deciphering if it was sarcasm or genuine. The Bothan extended his left hand and clasped the glass that had stood before him. It was filled with a dark red substance, most likely Whyren's reserve. Whyren's Reserve was a rather expensive Corellian wine. Kyen could more then afford it, with the several small businesses he ran as a pasttime.

"Thank you." Nichos replied, not knowing what else to say. He began to feel a little uneasy, speaking with this individual. Kyen could tell that much from the expression within the expression on his face.

"You are most welcome, Nichos. As I was saying before your Uncle Akkez was somewhat of the..."Black Sheep" if you will, of your family. It was only natural that your parents did not mention him, prior to their passings. From what I've been told, Akkez is your father's twin brother. He and your father have been rivals since the day both were conceived. It seems that one day they got into quite an argument over property rights. Akkez was living with your brother and his fiancee at the time." Kyen paused to take a sip of the wine. He allowed the substance to dance along his tongue, before he swallowed it whole. "That day, Akkez packed his things and left Rodia."

Nichos seemed quite enthralled by the conversation. If the Bothan was emanating any of his emotions to the Jedi, Nichos did not seem to be picking them up. Marr looked excited at the fact that he may possess another living relative out there, an uncle. Kyen grinned, bearing his fangs again.

Clearing his throat after a long draught, the Bothan continued, "Your uncle and I are business partners. We became good friends on Bothawui. A month ago, I returned to Rodia with him. He was quite distressed when he heard the news of your parents' double demise. Though using one of my many resources, I was able to find you, here. Azzek has expressed his sheer excitement in meeting you." The Bothan finished.

He decided it would be best to allow the Jedi to play the dialogue out in his mind. More often than not time was required to think things through and come to conclusions. Kyen folded his hands together, and waited patiently, showing no signs of irritation. He had a sparkle of amusement in his eye, as he watched the Jedi think to himself. It was times like this that Kyen wished he could read minds.

Nichos Marr
Nov 24th, 2001, 12:56:39 PM
Bothans.... Nichos had heard of these furred predators before. Bothawui was a planet famous for its rather extensive spynet. Bothans were smart, deceitful, and had ways of convincing people that they were right. Nichos opened himself to the Force, but he could not feel any strong emotions from this Bothan. The Jedi let out a deep sigh, part relief. He didn't want to trust this Bothan yet, but he seemed to know about Nichos Marr's dead parents.

"I am Nichos Marr, it is a pleasure to meet you." Nichos introduced himself, and at the same time the Bothan found it fit to take a seat. The young man yet again probed at the fringes of this Bothan's mind and felt something for a split second, but he could not identify what it was he felt. This Kyen Sree'Syv seemed rather persuasive, a Bothan who knew what he wanted and how to get it. No wonder they always involve themselves with politics, Nichos observed.

The Bothan Kyen went on to explain to Nichos how his uncle was the black sheep of the family. He discovered his name was Akkez and he was a brother to Nichos' father. The Jedi listened intently on what this Bothan had to say about his uncle. He was still curious as to why his uncle hadn't made any effort to contact him during any period in his life, or why his parents had not told him about an uncle.

"It seems that one day they got into quite an argument over property rights. Akkez was living with your brother and his fiancee at the time. That day, Akkez packed his things and left Rodia." That would answer a few of Nichos' lingering questions, but not all of them.

The question this Bothan posed was simple. He wanted Nichos to go to Rodia and meet with his uncle. An uncle that he had never seen before in his life. The Jedi picked up some newsbits from the Galactic Holonet about Rodia over the past few months. The crime and smuggling rate increased by thirty four percent in the past seven months. Nichos knew that to go to Rodia would be treading in unsafe waters, but this fact had never stopped him before. The Jedi was not afraid of his own safety, but he could not just go to Rodia to meet his uncle and do nothing about its current state. He was a Jedi, a protector of peace and it was his obligation to weave the thread of peace and serenity throughout the Galaxy.

"So now I suppose you want me to go to Rodia and meet my uncle...Akkez?" Nichos asked the Bothan seated across the table from him. Kyen gave him an affirmative nod and a feral smile that would send shivers down a Rancor's spine.

"I don't think that I'll be able to go any time soon..." Nichos answered, wondering how the Bothan would respond. He didn't want this Bothan to know what cards he was playing. Some smugglers were right when they said that life was just one big Sabacc game.