PDA

View Full Version : an important matter

Gin Marinda
Jan 1st, 2002, 03:00:08 AM
Gin walked into the B&G. Blake had disturbed his sleep for "an important matter". He doubted that it was important.
*She probably wants to go back to Gala.* he thuoght with a cocky smile. He ran a hand through his tousled hair, which he hadn't bothered to comb. Spotting Blake at a booth in the back he walked over, with his usual cocky swagger, and slid into the seat across from her.
"So what was so important that I had to get here now?" he asked, pulling a cigarette from his pocket.

Blake Hawke
Jan 1st, 2002, 03:06:35 AM
"I have something to discuss with you that couldn't wait. Would you excuse me for a minute? I have to make a call." Blake stood, grabbed Gin's cigarette and walked out of earshot. She pulled out the card and punched in the frequency written upon it. "Clocks here, ready for repairs." she said before ending the connection and heading back to Gin.

Gin Marinda
Jan 1st, 2002, 03:23:57 AM
Gin forced a grin on his face. "Okay, Blake...I'm tired, I need some spice and you insist upon taking as long as you can to tell me whatever it is you have to tell me. Can we please hurry this up? I left some very lovely company back in my room and I don't want to keep her waiting! What do you want?"
he lit another cigarette to replace the one Blake had taken.

Blake Hawke
Jan 1st, 2002, 03:29:19 AM
A smile spread across Blake's features. "Oh, it's not what I want Gin dear. But we have to wait for the others to arrive before we can discuss anything else."

Mercery Oracle
Jan 1st, 2002, 03:37:16 AM
Mercery nudged Cypress, he had fallen asleep. They both had actually, but the call woke him alone up.

"Cypress, get up buddy."

Mercery didn't bother to grab his weapons bag, they'd just be confiscated by security. He had another plan in mind anyway.

"Showtime."
<hr>The bar was as dank and smoky as ever. He squinted, as he often did, to see the back booth.

"That's our man. Let me do the talking."

Cypress didn't speak, he was still waking up after all. Cypress was forced to wear a suit today, as he did reluctantly. Although his tie was slightly undone.

They walked quickly, in a straight line. Cypress waddled slower then his brother.

When they got to the booth, they both put on their poker face. Cypress wasn't intent on this job, so he wasn't jumping to speak. It was a job after all, and their cover called for his seriousness.

"Mr. Marinda, I'm Mr. Black. This is my associate Mr. White." Cover names. "We're with the Republic Lotto Commision. You've just won a substantial amount of credits, sir. Come this way, the jackpot is in our speeder."

Mercery tried to conceal his cover by smiling wide.

Gin Marinda
Jan 1st, 2002, 03:38:01 AM
Gin's senses pricked. "I didn't enter any lotto. I'm not old enough anyways" he said, giving them a suspicious glare.

Cypress Oracle
Jan 1st, 2002, 04:24:07 AM
Cypress stood there, guickly calculating his thoughts.

"It's not some sort of a raffle ticket, guy. You won it randomly.
The Republic does it every year. Keeps the subordinates happy. They don't give a @#%$ if some little baby gets it."

Cypress knew the man was suspicious of them. He continued in his calm manner..

"It's a @#%$ load of money... if you don't want it--I'll $%#!ing take it.. @#%$."

He turned to his brother and made a facial expression, as if to say, "Can you believe this guy?"

Gin Marinda
Jan 1st, 2002, 04:29:24 AM
Gin was still suspicious. But he was also curious. As in most cases, his curiosity won over caution. *can't hurt to take a look* he thought.
"Yea okay. I'll take a look. That's it." He agreed, putting out his cigarette.

Mercery Oracle
Jan 1st, 2002, 05:18:27 AM
Mercery smiled.

"Right this way, sir. I'll you back with your lady in good time."

He had to play his character, pretending he didn't know either one of the two.

Mercery, Cypress, and Gin all made their way out of the bar.
<hr>The speeder backseat passenger door sprung open. Gin waited anxiously for his prize.

"Mr. White! Did you forget to put the bag in the backseat?"

Mercery shaked his head, Cypress played along with a bewildered look.

"If you'll come with us, maybe we can wire the money into your account from our ship. It's waiting at the docking bay. It's not far, and our onboard computer is directly connected to the Republic mainframe. But I will need your social security number along with your account information so I can properly wire the credits."

It was an old trick. Talk fast so no one can tell your speaking nonsense.

"Forgive me and my colleague. It is our blunder alone. The proud people at the Republic Lotto Commision wish only to bring satisfaction to you, sir. Of course we'll also ask for you to pose with the check."

Cypress made a clicking motion with his hands, imitating a camera. Mercery smiled wide as Gin's eyes switched between the two.

"Sir? Please enter the vehicle."

Cypress gestured with his hand to the backseat.

Gin Marinda
Jan 1st, 2002, 05:24:20 AM
Gin got in as directed. "I'm sorry, what did you need?" he asked.

Mercery Oracle
Jan 1st, 2002, 08:21:41 PM
Mercery stopped smiling. He took out a cigarette of Cypress's and lit it. Taking a drag he blew the smoke in his face.

"Don't worry about it."

Mercery slammed the door shut and immediantly locked it.

"This is too easy."

He laughed as he took his seat in the driver side. The gun bag took the space between him and the passenger side, where Cypress sat. The backseat was seperated by a thick piece of durasteel, a rectangular slit was cut in it for conversation with the back.

"Buckle up."

Gin Marinda
Jan 1st, 2002, 08:26:05 PM
He heard the lock click but ignored the obvious and pulled on the handle anyways. Gin smacked the door with his hand, out of frustration. "All right, what the hell is going on? Who are you?" he roared.

Cypress Oracle
Jan 1st, 2002, 08:28:53 PM
Referring to his brother: "Mother%$@!er here, has a lead foot."

Cypress drew his own cigarette, lit it.

"You should have figured it out by now. We're not Publisher's %$@!ing Clearing House... If I were you, I'd plead--to my brother here for your life. He's the one, that's going to seriously &$@! you up. I'm--just gonna watch."

He turned to Mercery.

"@#%$!"

"What", Mercery asked.

"I forgot to bring my Huey Lewis tape. How do we drive without Hewy Lewis in the car?"

Gin Marinda
Jan 1st, 2002, 08:41:01 PM
Gin felt himself go pale. Blake had set him up. He sat back and attempted to gather the thoughts that were buzzing around in his head.
*Act calm. Don't let 'em see you're freakin'*
"Are you going to kill me?" he asked in the strongest voice he could manage.

Mercery Oracle
Jan 1st, 2002, 08:42:18 PM
"Forget the Huey Lewis."

Mercery put the speeder in reverse and backed out of his spot.

"Sing for us." Mercery ordered back at Gin. "Or I'll kill you right here and now."

He flicked his cigarette through the slit in the durasteel. The smoking hot cigarette tip landed on Gin's lap.

Mercery started the speeder in drive and sped off toward the docking bay.

Cypress Oracle
Jan 1st, 2002, 08:48:07 PM
"Let's see... what can you sing? Not Huey Lewis. You'd disgrace the song.. AH!"

Cypress turned to his brother, smiling. Then, turned halfway around in his seat, facing Gin.

"Sing... Like A Virgin. Madonna--baby."

He turned back around in his seat, grinning ear to ear. He looked out of the corner of his eye at Mercery, taking a drag off of his cigarette. The two exchanged smirks.

Gin Marinda
Jan 1st, 2002, 08:48:50 PM
"S**t!" Gin swore as he brushed the cigarette off his lap. It took a moment before the order sunk in. "What? I--I don't know any songs!" he stammered.

Syrius Cline
Jan 1st, 2002, 08:55:27 PM
"Watch where your steering that bloody thing, you -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR-s!" Syrius yelled at the Oracle brother's speeder, never knowing the backseat inhabitant's perdicament.

He took the time to memorize the plate number, he'd try to send them a traffic ticket in the mail.

"Gin Marinda, what an odd little name." He said to himself as he made his way into the bar.

He got to the security entrance. A large blue skinned man, with four arms was running the door.

"Excuse me mate, have you seen a Gin Marinda?"

"You mean that punk who started the fight a while back with..."

"Keb Blake." Syrius said nodding.

"Yeah. He just left with two men a second ago. Sorry."

"No... No, it's not your fault, mate. Thinks for the information. I appreciate it."

Syrius turned away back to his own speeder. What in the world.... was that the speeder that almost hit him?

"Thanks, mate!" Syrius yelled back hastely at the blue man.

Syrius hopped into his car quickly. He raced off after the little dot that was the Oracle speeder....

Cypress Oracle
Jan 1st, 2002, 09:09:35 PM
To Gin Marinda: "Oh, you lie. You don't know Like a Virgin?"

Cypress scoffed.

"You don't know any songs."

He turned to Mercery, shaking his head.

"Just let me smoke his ass. Right here--right %#@!ing now."

Cypress's face was pissed. He was fuming. His body switched position in his seat. He banged on the durasteel with his hand.

"Don't %#@! with me! Little #$!hole! I will stretch your little floppy over your head for you. I will tie it around your neck..."

He began to turn away, but turned back again.

"You don't @#%$ with me. You understand. You don't @#%$ with me. I'm not one to be *&%!ed with."

He turned back to his original position in his seat, took a puff of his cigarette.

"Now--sing Like a Virgin."

Gin Marinda
Jan 1st, 2002, 09:18:29 PM
Gin took a few breaths. He frantically searched his head for the lyrics. "Uh...hold on....uh...s**t! No! No! that's not what I meant!" He corrected frantically.
"Uh...I made it through the wilderness...somehow I made it through...something something something....until I found you..." he began, not singing but speaking hurriedly," I was beat incomplete, I'd been had, I was sad and blue...uh...but you made me feel! but you made me feel...uh...shiny and new..." he stopped, taking a few breathes to calm himself.

Cypress Oracle
Jan 1st, 2002, 09:35:51 PM
Cypress clapped his hands.

"There you #!$@ing go!"

Hey looked at his brother Mercery, who was laughing his ass off.

"Don't stop. Keep going man... you're a sexy bitch."

Cypress laughed.

Gin Marinda
Jan 1st, 2002, 09:46:39 PM
"Oh come on! S**T!" he rubbed his eyes," uh...like a virgin, touched for the very first time...like a virgin....jesus...uh, when your heart beats next to mine." he scrambled for the next verse, but he was a wreck. "I don't know any more! I can't remember!" he shouted.

Mercery Oracle
Jan 1st, 2002, 09:52:41 PM
They pulled up to the New Republic Special Forces checkpoint. There was a roadblock, it was for all people leaving Arcan IV. The roadblock would be raised once they confirmed your papers.

"Keep singing. Stop and I'll cut off your tounge." Mercery said calmly as he stopped the speeder.

Cypress pressed a button that closed the slit in the durasteel wall. It wasn't sound proof, but Marinda couldn't be seen. Mercery pressed another button that rolled down the driverside window. Marinda continued to sing.

"Evening soldier." Mercery said with a smile as he put out his cigarette.

"I just need to check your docking papers. It's security measures to insure no one steals any vehicles."

"Of course."

Mercery was handed a datapad by Cypress that they recieved when they landed. He passed it onto the soldier.

The soldier looked it over, eyeing Cypress and Mercery's wide grins as he compared the photos.

"Alright. Go ahead."

Mercery put the speeder in drive. The roadblock was being raised and the vehicle sat reving.

"Is that--Like A Virgin?" The soilder asked, peeking into the car.

Mercery was already rolling up the window.

"Remix." Cypress said before the window reached the top.

The roadblock raised and the speeder drove under it.

Their ship was modest, but large. It was a rental. With a press of a button, inside the speeder, the back hatch was lowered from the ship. The speeder drove into the back of the ship, and the hatch closed behind them.

"Did he stop?" Mercery looked at Cypress.

Mercery and Cypress both got out of the speeder. They walked around to the back and opened the door. Marinda was sitting there, quietly.

"I told you to keep singing."

Cypress shook his head as Mercery pulled Marinda out of the speeder.

"Start liftoff." Mercery ordered Cypress. He looked down at Gin, who was in his hands. "We're going to Corusant."

Gin Marinda
Jan 1st, 2002, 10:00:02 PM
"I'm sorry, I didn't know the rest...I'm sorry!" Gin stammered as he was hauled out of the backseat. It took a moment to register where they were going. "What? Why are we going there? What's on Coruscant?"

Mercery Oracle
Jan 2nd, 2002, 01:28:16 AM
"Don't ask questions. You die slower when you ask questions."

Mercery pushed Gin against the wall, he was too worried to spin around to face Mercery. Mercery reached into his speeder and pulled out the weapons bag. Slinging it over his shoulder he took out a handgun.

"Okay, move."

Mercery grabbed the back of Gin's collar and poked the gun barrell in his back. He forced him out of the docking hanger and into the main hall.

As they walked down the hall Mercery opened a side door, the bathroom. He threw Marinda into the room and slammed the door shut, locking it as it closed.

The engines hummed as the liftoff precedures took place.

"The Coordinates are--"

"I know where the @#%$ Corusant is." Cypress yelled from the cockpit.

Mercery threw his handgun into the weapons bag.

"Shut up and take off."

"Aye, aye, Captain $*#!er."

Mercery made his way into the cockpit where Cypress was starting to take off. Cypress had been having a conversation with the traffic officer, who was docked on a space station.

"You are cleared for takeoff, Mr. White. Proceed to space lane 34." The traffic officer repiled over the radio.

The takeoff jets were fired up and the ship began it's ascent.

Gin Marinda
Jan 2nd, 2002, 01:37:36 AM
Gin sat on the floor, his back against the wall. He brought his knees up and rested his hands on them. Trying to calm himself, he took a shaky breath. *I have to get out of here. They're going to kill me if I don't*
In a moment of rushed panic, he launched himself at the door, only suceeding in causing a muffled thump. Rubbing his shoulder ruefully, he waited to see what would happen. When nothing occured, he again launched himself at the door, slamming into it with his shoulder.

Syrius Cline
Jan 2nd, 2002, 01:50:29 AM
Syrius' speeder wasn't quick. It actually was a piece of junk that needed to be strapped for spare parts and the engine burned for the sake of it.

"Have you seen a speeder with the plate number of 49281K?"

Syrius was already waiting for the NRSF soldier to finish his danish. His speeder waited idle.

"Ye--yeah, they just started takeoff," the soldier replied, licking his fingers.

Syrius was impatient and didn't appreciate the fat porker keeping him waiting.

"Well, raise the bloody roadblock."

The soldier started on another danish as Syrius spoke. The RSC agent leaned out and yanked it from his mouth. At the same moment Syrius raised his badge.

"Hurry the hell up."

Syrius could see the only ship starting liftoff. He didn't need it spelled out for him. That was Marinda's ship.

The soldier pressed the large red button that controlled the roadblock. It raised slowly, too slowly. As soon as there was enough room to squeeze under, Syrius gunned the speeder's engine. It raced off towards Syrius's own spacecraft.

"Blake, come in," Syrius spoke into his commlink, which was already connected to Keb Blake's frequency. "I've got no time here. I need you to write down this number, it's a ship ID."

Syrius could barely see the marking on the ship that was slowly ascenting. It was written in red letters, on the side. A rental company's trademark. It kept renters from scratching off a license number.

"8AH691," Syrius said hastely as he pulled into his own ship's hanger. "I'm a little behind the -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR-s, and I'm not going to catch up anytime soon. I want you to feed that number into all RSC supported planets' spacedocks."

Syrius paused.

"Okay. That's only two planets, Corusant and Alderaan. It's the best I can think of. Try and get all planet security forces to cooperate if possible. I know this is a minor charge, but I'm mighty pissed off at your brother. Do it."

By this time Syrius had made it to the cockpit. He was immediantly contacted by the traffic spacedock.

"Hello... Mr. Cline."

"Yeah, hello," Syrius scoffed. "Get me the hell out of here."

A lightbulb seemed to pop up over Syrius's head.

"I want you to stop all exiting orders for a ship ID, 8AH691"

"I'm sorry sir, but that's impossible."

"I'm the bloody law, mate! Stop all exiting orders!"

"Yes, I'm well aware of your authority, Mr. Cline. It's just..." The traffic officer was nervous, he breathed deep to calm himself. "They've already left our jurisdiction. They're out of the exiting lanes. Their hyper drive engines are powering now."

"Bloody hell." Syrius searched for means on how they could be stopped. "String out a your patrol ships, make a security barrier."

"Too late, sir. They've gone to warp."

Syrius smacked his cockpit panel. Luckily he didn't break anything other than possibly his hand.

"Great. Just grand."

Syrius slumped in his chair, nothing left for him to do.

Cypress Oracle
Jan 2nd, 2002, 02:54:58 AM
Cypress heard banging coming from the bathroom. He took a long, slow drag from his cigarette, handed it to Mercery.

The bathroom door opened. Cypress stepped inside.

"I heard banging. Are you having trouble in here?"

He paused.

"The thing is... i want it to stop. The banging. So, in order to ensure that it stops..."

Cypress reached in his back pocket. He pulled out a Swiss Army knife.

"My father was an &$!hole... That's sort of off topic, but...
he gave me this. It was the only damn thing he ever gave me. You can see why I hate him. Well, hated him. He's dead.
I did take the time to piss on his grave, though. I can assure you of that. "

Cypress held the object in the air. The florescent light gleamed off of the red handle.

"Did you know.. this thing has a corkscrew?"

He extracted the corkscrew. It shined, silver, an effect of the lighting.

"Now... the corkscrew has many different uses. You can use it to pop the cork--from wine bottles. You can use it to @#%$ up little *&!holes such as yourself.... I tell you what. I'll demonstrate one of those uses for you right now."<hr>When he left the room he turned out the light and closed the door. He locked it from the outside.

Inside the bathroom, Gin Marinda lay on the floor unconscious.
His face was severally beaten. His left eye swollen shut. When he awoke he would find a hole in his hand, two fifths of an inch deep.

Mercery Oracle
Jan 2nd, 2002, 03:34:38 AM
OOC - Continued at: Cleaners:Torturing Marinda (Cleaners:)

Gin Marinda
Jan 2nd, 2002, 03:38:04 AM
OOC: posted justs after you:)

Gin Marinda
Jan 2nd, 2002, 03:57:05 AM
OOC: My computer isn't letting me get to SWFans...taking a really long time to load and then stops halfway...

Mercery Oracle
Jan 2nd, 2002, 04:08:56 AM
OOC - Take your time. No rush. Post whenever you're able.

Gin Marinda
Jan 2nd, 2002, 04:12:16 AM
OOC: never mind...got it working...posted reply