View Full Version : sitting down

Tainen Baal
Jan 6th, 2002, 08:49:38 PM
Tainen stepped into the bar and grill, looking around out of habit as she did so. She ordered a glass of water and sat, sipping occasionally and studying the others there. She brushed back the few braids that had strayed from the tie in the back of her hair. This place was vastly different from her home. It was crowded, and she found herself missing the isolation of Korran. Sighing she took a small sip from her glass. This was going to take some getting used to.

Ewan Soreiba
Jan 7th, 2002, 09:25:29 PM
Ewan warily stepped into the B&G, immediatly spotting Tainen. He broke into a grin. She would be surprised. He stood, waiting to see if she would notice him.

Tainen Baal
Jan 7th, 2002, 09:35:03 PM
As Tainen's eyes glanced around they met a pair identical to hers. She broke into a wide smile and got up, hurrying towards the tall figure. "Ewan, brother! I didn't expect to see you here! Is everything all right? Is Korran alright?" she asked, pulling him into a quick hug.

Ewan Soreiba
Jan 8th, 2002, 12:11:23 AM
He returned the embrace before releasing her. "Korran is fine for the time being, sister. It hasn't changed in the few days you've been gone. But I fear it will. The elders allowed me to go off planet for two weeks. I'm afraid I bring some bad news. The Daka have threatened us with war. They say the peace treaty is unfair, that the Bali have taken the fertile land leaving them with nothing. We've been trying to reach a compromise but they aren't having any of it. They are intent on beginning another war. The elders have given me the honor of bearing the family warrior name. I will fight if I have too. But it makes my heart sad." Ewan reported, sorrow etched on his face.

Tainen Baal
Jan 8th, 2002, 12:21:37 AM
"Why? Can't they see that it will accomplish nothing? If this war takes place, we will all be to blame of Korrans destruction! The elders cannot allow this to happen. Sacrifice as much as it takes to stop war...or else everything will suffer. Did they not learn anything from the last? There is a balance Ewan, and if it is upset...the innocent will suffer as well as the guilty." Tainen was close to tears. She had seen what the last war had done to Korran.

Ewan Soreiba
Jan 8th, 2002, 12:32:29 AM
Ewan sighed and closed his eyes. "I know this Tainen. The elders know this. Even the Daka know it. But they still push war apon us. It makes no sense, they suffered almost as much as the Bali did in the last battle. But we've tried. We've tried and done as much as we are able to. The elders can see no other option, and I cannot question their judgement. We will be forced to fight, and we will lose. There is no doubting that. Korran is going to die again. But I promise you, I will do everything in my power to see that she gets every chance."

Tainen Baal
Jan 8th, 2002, 12:56:09 AM
"I know you will. But I don't understand why they want a war. Or why the elders don't give more. Surely they would be willing to divide the land to prevent this?" Tainen sighed and ran a hand through her braided hair. "Come, let's sit." she walked back to the table, knowing Ewan would follow.

Ewan Soreiba
Jan 8th, 2002, 01:02:13 AM
Ewan took a seat across from Tainen. He glanced around at the others in the bar. "Are there always this many people in such a small area?" he asked, amazed.

Tainen Baal
Jan 8th, 2002, 01:06:41 AM
Tainen nodded. "Yes. It is normal here, for many people to be together. But you are changing the subject. You have a theory on why this war is so important to the Daka." it wasn't a question...she knew her brother well enough to know that even if he didn't question the elders, he would have his own ideas.

Ewan Soreiba
Jan 8th, 2002, 01:16:41 AM
He nodded. "I believe Kreer has returned. They are anxious to test their power. If the signs are correct, then we will either be enslaved or destroyed. Most likely the latter." Ewan shuddered. Kreer was a fierce warrior, of a race no-one could identify. During his reighn, he had enslaved the other clans and killed many. After the war he had been presumed dead by many and, as the years passed, more began to accept this as the truth. there was still a small ammount who believed that he hadn't been destroyed. Ewan was one of them.

Tainen Baal
Jan 8th, 2002, 01:29:21 AM
"Kreer is dead. He was killed during the war, everyone knows it. Uness yo have proof brother...I cannot allow myself to believe he is alive. I saw his body."

Ewan Soreiba
Jan 8th, 2002, 01:46:02 AM
"There was never any proof that it was his body either. Tainen, for that past few months the Daka have been gathering in the jungle, holding meetings...making offerings. You know this. When was the last time they took part in such things? When Kreer was in power." he paused,"It makes no differance. There will be a war. I can feel the decision in the air. It has been made. We cannot change it but we can accept it. But let's not talk about these things. This may be the last I see of you. I want to remember it beig as things once were."

Tainen Baal
Jan 8th, 2002, 01:57:26 AM
"Don't make this into something it's not. This is not better nor worse than before...just different. We havn't much time if you are to be back on schedule. We havn't much time." she took hold of his hand," You were not born my brother, Ewan. You were not born a Bali. But you have become one. You have brought honor to our name. I am proud to call you my brother. Keep that...I would regret it if I lost the chance to say it."

Ewan Soreiba
Jan 8th, 2002, 02:06:22 AM
"Are you becoming soft Tainen?" he joked. It wasn't funny, but the truth was he felt terrified.
"When I come back, we'll travel to Korran together and you can visit home. When I come back. I need to ask you one thing Tainen. If you were me...would you fight?" It was his way of reasurring her as well as himself. He couldn't shake the feeling of guilt.

Tainen Baal
Jan 8th, 2002, 02:14:04 AM
Tainen frowned. She chose her words carefully. "I'm not you. I'm not in your position. It is better to resolve disagreements without fighting, but sometimes it is the only option left. I do not think it is the only option left in this case, but if what you say is true, if Kreer is alive...then you must do what you believe is right. Regardless of what the elders say." she hadn't answered his question directly, but made him answer it himself, without realizing it.

Ewan Soreiba
Jan 8th, 2002, 02:31:13 AM
Ewan nodded. "Easier said than done. But isn't everything? I should go...I want to be back ontime. The elders are displeased as it is and we have much to do." He rose from the chair. "I still think it strange to have so many people in one place. I will try and stay in contact. Keep you alerted."
He pulled her into a hug, not one usually given by Bali, but a tight hug. "I am proud to call you my sister." he whispered before lightly kissing her cheek and walking towards the door.

Tainen Baal
Jan 8th, 2002, 02:43:51 AM
Tainen watched her brothers retreating form until he was gone before sitting down and resting her head in her hands. The situation was a confusing one. She sighed. If a war did start she was bound by her oath to go and fight. She couldn't deny that.
The glass of water sat on the table forgotten. Images from the last war were playing in her mind. There was something nagging at her mind, a missed detail. She sighed again. *You're just being paranoid* she chided herself.