PDA

View Full Version : Without Means to Ends

Vice Hazzard
Dec 22nd, 2001, 04:58:01 AM
His exterior was inferior seemingly to those in the bar. He didn't come off as a perticularly strong individual. His back was hunched, it seemed his eyes were always searching for his own shadow. His coat was flowing and hid any muscular shape he may have owned. In closing, he wasn't threatening in the least to those who percieved through sight.

Underneath his coat, underneath his skin, layed a heart and soul of a tortured man. His heart and mind ached, the Dark Side his only comfort. He had recently lost the one he... respected the most... love didn't exist in his realm of thought. Vice was without present, but his past and future were clear in his mind. What he had done, and what he must do. But it seemed as of late he only wondered aimlessly through the crowded starways of the galaxy, aboard passenger ships.

The Force was strong withen him, but dormant. It seemed to give him mental strength, the strength to live on. But he couldn't manifest that "brace" feeling on his physical body, like he had on his soul. He had never been trained to an extreme. Parlor tricks were the extent of his power. But the one thing he could be considered close to mastering was the ability to be one with the Force. It seemed that he was always in a connection with it. Not in the sense he could "feel" or "sense" things.... rather that he always had it at his side, making him feel that warm glow of anger that he desperately needed for strength.

The chair was pulled out by his hand. He had fathomed the idea of moving it with the Force, but he'd fail, so he saved the embaressment. For shame... he couldn't even slide a chair along the ground after years of meditations and monastic practicing. He sat his human body down on the wooden seat. Vice closed his eyes... hoping the world would go away like it did when his eyelids covered it.

Vice Hazzard
Dec 23rd, 2001, 02:38:51 AM
A grungy, stout bartender yells over the counter. The table's close proximity to the bar makes hearing the words easily accomplished.

"Hey buddy, what'll ya have?" the thinly bearded man inquired.

Vice Hazzard turned his head slightly, never opening his eyes. Was this man speaking to him? He surmised it was a male from the baritone voice he displayed.

"Did he say.... buddy," Vice asked himself mentally.

Vice could vaguely remember hearing the word on a shuttle ride he had taken recently. From the context Vice ascertained it meant "friend". That term, he was mildly familiar with.

The man was asking for his order, Vice decided. Something to eat and perhaps to drink, that's what a normal patron would request. He decided to pretend he was normal, like he had done this before.

"I shall consume refined flour, in a rectangular shape, slightly browned. Then I would request to follow it with a glass of one part Hydrogen and two parts Oxygen, the temperature lowered to 45.82 degrees Fahrenheit", Vice said, unfaltering.

He turned his head back to the natural position. The bartender slowly started filling the order, his eyes crooked for a minute in contemplation.

DMourning Orb
Dec 23rd, 2001, 05:00:26 AM
D'Mourning Orb sat at the bar, glass of water in front of him.
His hand occasionally found complementary salted peanuts, nestled in a food basket woven with wicker, sitting off to his left. He was at the Bar and Grill tonight, by himself. He had met few fellow Jedi in his short time here. His thoughts drifted.
He was literally bored out of his mind. Then, suddenly.. a chill
up his spine, goose bumps began to find their way up his arms.
He felt a presence which scared him, literally frightened him. D'Mourning had the ability to read other people's thoughts, sense certain things about them. The power which he possessed was uncontrollable, however, and the thoughts which he felt in his mind were nothing which he had ever felt before, not even close.

D'Mourning turned around in his seat. He noticed a man sitting by himself, it was Vice Hazzard. He heard his thoughts. They were distorted and enveloped his mind a mile a minute. He sensed pure, for lack of a better term, evil. Nothing but hate. Darkness. His soul, a vast and empty existence. A life which was fed only by darkness. It lived off of it.

Sith, D'Mourning thought to himself, has to be, my God.

D'Mourning studied the man, wide eyed. His eyes were tortured and disturbed

Vice Hazzard
Dec 23rd, 2001, 10:46:09 AM
Vice's head snapped to face D'Mourning. His eyelids remained shut tight but he felt another's eyes laying apon him. They were staring strangely at him, he could feel them vividly. His eyes finally popped open, tired of the mystery.

In his line of sight was the thin and wimply looking Orb. Vice didn't take kindly to people studying him, he felt uneasy. He was a private person and he didn't like people prying, even if it wasn't meant to harm.

Vice stared the man down, never stopping to blink. Finally, tiring of the match of patience, he mouthed the words, not wanting everyone to hear his words. Again, he was a private soul.

"Go away," his lips formed the sentence, no sound escaping. "Now."

Prince Simus
Dec 29th, 2001, 02:23:50 PM
The man known as Vice Hazzard did not have only one spectator that day, but two. The young man had studied him more closer, making it rather obvious. Simus himself was here on somewhat of a business trip. He was swathed in black robing, enough to wrap up a Bantha twice over. He was the Dark prince of really nothing in particular or nothing important. His presence was totally oblivious to most of the patrons who were busy wallowing in self pity until their bodies began to decompose.

His table location was off to the side of the Bar and Grill, somewhere near the bar itself. He ordered a glass of red wine just moments before he caught sight of Vice Hazzard. He'd seen Vice before, at another time in another place entirely different from this one. At first sight, Vice Hazzard would not recognize him entirely. In due time Simus would make his true presence known, but only to those who needed to know it. Vice Hazzard was the only one in this bar that needed to know anything about him.

It is unsafe in here. Although my intentions are not bad, I am sure the New Republic Special Forces is swathing this place. Simus couldn't spot any bugs or spy devices with his naked eye, but he knew there were some. He wondered why he should worry about these things at all. Simus shook his head and sighed, a sound that could not be heard unless someone was right beside him. His table was empty, as it should have been. Simus' demeanour was not a very welcome one. At a time a soliciter had tried to interest him in buying a useless material product. It was only moments after the soliciter stood up and left in haste.

He caught sight of Vice Hazzard again. The dark young man had noticed his first observer. Simus watched as he spoke to the man, moving his lips. They read, "Go away, now." The dark prince bowed his head and took a sip of his wine. Half of the glass disappeared in the abyss of his face, that covered all of his head, and masked his face in darkness. The wine was now finished, and the meeting would commence soon enough.

Simus expanded his thoughts, pushing outward with all of his senses. Voices filled his head from the past and from the present. At his side two humans were discussing the latest YT model manufactured by the Galactic Empire. The Bartender behind the bar was thinking to himself how nice a vacation would be one of these days. The whole bar had opened itself up to him. During a period of his past life, Simus would not be able to shut out the thoughts of all others and focus on one person. His mind raced too quickly back then. Now that he possessed control, it could be easily done.

He focused his thoughts on Vice Hazzard, unable to hear anything of what the man was thinking. He felt the power, yes, but it had not begun to develop.

Vice Hazzard. The voice was but a whisper through the echoes of the Force. Vice would be able to hear it though, in the recesses of his head. Hazzard, one-time apprentice of Anbira Hicchoru. He called out again, wondering when the man would respond to his callings. I bid your presence a welcome to my table, near the side of the bar. We have much to discuss...

The dark prince Simus clasped his gloved hands together and waited in silence. His thoughts reflected how Vice Hazzard would react. He did not know if it was the Force, or his own good sense that began to map out the possible futures in his mind. Perhaps it would be best to focus on what was, rather what was to come...

Vice Hazzard
Dec 30th, 2001, 04:51:00 AM
Vice felt the mysterious voice echoing in his mind. The words "Anbira Hiccoru" made his eyes open wide. Vice had been on his own for some time now, without a mentor or guidance of any kind. If this mysterious voice knew about his Master, then he must be worthy of his time.

His eyes scanned the bar, looking for the voice's origin. He saw a man looking directly at him. He was adorned in black, which contrasted and blended at the same time with the surroundings. He was sure this was the table he was meant to go to.

The young man's feet walked quickly and impatiently as he hurried over to the table. He layed his hand on the seat opposite Simus. He spoke in a whisper.

"Are you the one in my head? Are you the one in my thoughts?"

Prince Simus
Dec 30th, 2001, 05:42:54 PM
The seat slided forward before Vice making a small creaking sound on the hard tile beneath them. Simus rose his left arm and motioned with a gloved hand for the young Hazzard to take a seat. Reluctantly and unwilling, Vice slowly sat down on the wooden chair. His vision never faltered from the dark abyss that covered Simus' true form. Even if he were to remove the cloak, his true face would be masked under darkness.

The young man gave him a look of impatience, as if to say "Hurry up and answer my questions." Simus was tempted to chuckle, but withheld his tongue. If he began to laugh, Vice Hazzard might take a fit and begin to cause a scene. This was the last thing Simus wanted at the moment. He placed both of his dark hands on the table and stared back at Vice. Two small burning orange coals were slightly visible inside of his hood.

Your name has quite a history. Simus began, speaking through the Force. The famous Jedi twins Fire Hazzard and Sage Hazzard share your name. Have you ever met either of them? It was a shame that Fire died so abruptly, at the hands of the winged Dark Jedi.

He paused for a moment, allowing a bit of silence to reign. The tension between the two grew considerably.

You were once a member of the Sith Order on Corellia. The Dark Prince's voice was but a whisper in Vice's head. Are you still allied with them, or has your soul turned you toward the light? Simus knew that this was not true. There is a power within you, I could feel it since you stepped foot into the bar. These walls are not safe, there are many ears and eyes.

A slow hissing sound escaped Simus' mouth. I would very much like to discuss your future aspirationsss, Vice Hazzard.

Vice Hazzard
Dec 30th, 2001, 06:11:10 PM
Vice Hazzard didn't flinch. He hated the Hazzards and wished to kill them all. The Light Side Hazzards that is. They shamed his family and must be brought to justice. The fact one of them was dead, made him all the more pleased.

He would like to speak back through the Force, but wouldn't know where to begin.

"No, sir, I've never met my fellow Hearth spawn. I've stayed true to the Dark, but I felt the Order was not my place. I didn't feel guidance, and I didn't feel fulfilled. I had to get out and explore the world, like I never had before. Now I see it's not worth exploring. All these worlds should be burned in an eternal hellfire."

Vice was always tought to respect his superiors. This man was obviously better than him, in all facets of the Force and more than likely, in life. Vice sighed. He longed for guidance, someone to teach him. Maybe this... thing, could offer him something.

"Yes, let's."

Prince Simus
Dec 30th, 2001, 10:59:50 PM
The anger within you runs deep for the Hazzards. Let your emotions flow through you, freely. Treat them as you would allies, for they will unlock your true potential. Simus whispered through the waves of the Force. He doubted any Jedi in range could hear, but it did not matter if any of them did. He was commiting no crime, and he didn't think one would just come up and pick a fight with him.

The planet of Arcan IV was practically controlled by the New Republic Special Forces. There were many limitations and laws that had to be followed. Everyone suspicious was considered a suspect, not a great way to live. Simus did admit that this was an efficient way of keeping the peace. During his short trip to this system, he'd downloaded the basic information of the planet. The crime rate had dropped considerably in the past few years. Simus had been here once before, under a different alias. Not much in the Bar and Grill had changed at all...

Follow me... He simply thought. Hazzard heard it and nodded slightly.

Simus rose up from his chair and reached into his many robes. He pulled out a few credits and left them on the table. The service droid would drop by to pick them up soon after they departed. As he walked to the exit of the bar, he clung to the walls mostly. His garb was not unusual in this territory. Jedi had been known to wear robes as well, even black robes.

Both figures exited the bar and headed down the street. It was almost nightfall, such could be told by the golden color of the sunset. They were heading toward the docking bay, where Simus had a ship berthed. It was at this point that Simus spoke, as he walked with Vice.

"It is good to see that you are still allied to the dark ways." Simus was using his own voice now. It was a slightly raspy voice, with only a smigde of humanity to it. "We never met face to face, but I have seen you at the Sith Order."

Simus grinned under that abyss of darkness. Something that could not be seen by Vice.

"I ask you, Vice Hazzard...Do titles mean much to you? They are only words, and words do not mean much. Actions speak more then words do."

The younger man stared at him oddly, probably wondering what this all meant. Simus tipped his head to the side slightly, observing a drifter on the side of a building.

"Underneath these robes, I am known as Seth Darkserpent." Simus paused for a moment. A Dark Jedi... He finished, using the Force.

Vice Hazzard
Dec 31st, 2001, 12:16:59 AM
Dark Jedi? Dark Jedi? Vice had heard this before. He wasn't certain the differance between a Dark Jedi and a Sith, he was tought to follow the Dark Side, not a specific group.

"Titles mean nothing." Vice said with a slight bow. "Nothing at all, sir."

Dark Serpent... where had he heard the name before? He had forgotten it in the sands of time, somewhere in his past he must have heard the name.

"May I ask where you'd have me go?" Vice asked, curiously eyeing the Dark man.

Vice was tempted to beg Seth/Simus to guide him. But he knew it'd be foolish and chilidish to beg, or even ask. He'd have to let it unfold before him.

Prince Simus
Jan 2nd, 2002, 09:22:23 PM
Vice Hazzard was beginning to impress Simus with his knowledge thus far. He hadn't attempted to attack Simus or pry into his mind, these signs were good. One had to wonder if Vice had the power to do any of this at all, and if he did would he try? Simus wasn't going to be bothered by such questions. Much still had to be done, and to be said.

If you are wondering, Vice Hazzard...I am allied to both the Sith Order and also the Black Hand. He continued on after the young man stopped speaking. I am not the master of your activities. It is really up to you where you would like to go.

Simus and Vice entered the general docking bay area. Humans and non-humans of all sorts and shapes traveled to and fro, toward the inner folds of the city or to their ships. It seemed as if Spaceports never did rest whether it was day or night. The sky was not nearly as crowded with ships as Coruscant was, but there were a few. Simus used his own powers in the Force to draw attention away from himself. He was not that effective as to shield himself from the whole crowd, but it worked well in most cases. Only a few eyes here and there were drawn to their presence, nothing more.

I am willing to offer my assistance to you, if you would be willing enough to accept it. His thoughts traveled across thin air and seeped into Vice's head. The dark figure turned his head to the side and gazed down at Vice. At this point they were moving through the bulk of the crowd. I have a starship berthed not far from here. If you do not have your own transport off-world, I could provide you with transportation.

Just as soon as Simus and Vice left the bulk of the crowd, Simus continued to speak through the Force. You have a great power within you Vice Hazzard. Currently it is dormant, but I am sure you have felt it at times. If this power were accessible to you, what would you do with it?

The Dark Jedi waited in silence, allowing Vice some time to think. He was most eager to hear the young man's answer.

Vice Hazzard
Jan 3rd, 2002, 05:01:57 AM
Vice didn't hesitate.

"Kill my brother."

He closed his eyes, then opened them. The anger inside him was rising. He could almost feel his blood boil.

"Then I would find my first Master and kill those who took him from me, whoever they are." Vice was clenching his teeth now, the rage growing. "Then... I'd destroy the Jedi. Eradicate them. They are blind fools!!!"

Vice grabbed the back of his head, groaning in anger.

"Why...." Vice was trying to keep the Force withen him dormant. At his increased anger, whenever he thought of his past.... He could destroy things without meaning to. He didn't want to cause a scene. "Why did you call for me? What is it you want from me?"

Vice disregarded the ride comment. He was too busy with his own anger and more pressing needs. Of course he'd appreciate a free ride, but he couldn't even stop his head from swarming with hellish thoughts of massacre.

Prince Simus
Jan 5th, 2002, 05:29:21 PM
Simus regarded all that Vice had just told him with much interest. His mind worked like a supernova, relaying all of Vice's worded thoughts in his mind. His eagerness to destroy Sage Hazzard was admirable, but it was something that should not have been spoken on Jedi territory. Yet, Simus was sure that no one had heard at all. It was true that Vice was quite angry, but his voice had been kept low.

Anbira Hicchoru was a mighty fighter, an eradicator of light. It is a pity that the tables have turned, and now he is one of the Jedi. Simus whispered through the Force.

He paused for a moment to type in the access keycode to his ship. Amidst their discussion, neither one had barely realized their arrival at the correct docking bay. The ramp slid down with a whoosh, but Simus did not enter. He spun on his heel and turned to face Vice Hazzard once again.

I know the truth about your Master, but it should not be revealed here. Simus grinned again, underneath the layers of darkness. I must point out that your hate for the Jedi is admirable. Remember that anger must be contained and controlled at all times or else it could consume you.

Simus had once read a story of a man fully consumed by the anger and hate of the Dark Side. This particular man was quite strong in the Force. His anger was left uncontrolled and eventually it led to his downfall. The man's whole body had been consumed by fire, burnt to the crisp...or so the autopsy went. Had Simus not experienced far worse sights, this thought would probably make him shudder.

As for your question, He began, I would like to continue your studies of the Force. Without a Master, you will only cause yourself destruction. I can help you achieve new heights of power and ability. If you do not wish this to be so, voice your opinion and I shall take my leave of you.

Simus' eyes flashed again, through the veil of darkness. They failed to illuminate the rest of his face.

The choice is yours, Vice Hazzard.

Vice Hazzard
Jan 6th, 2002, 05:06:07 PM
Vice wasn't aware of Anbira going to the Light Side. He wasn't even aware of the fact this was a Jedi bar. He'd been wondering the galaxy for some time now, he wasn't following maps.

"Yes, please. Take me as your apprentice...."

Vice was tought manners growing up. He learned them from a strict maid. He got to one knee, bowing. He hung his head to show he was not worthy.

"...Master."

He had been seeking a new Master. One that could teach him about his previous one, as well as teach him. This was his answered prayer.

Prince Simus
Jan 9th, 2002, 10:03:43 PM
Vice Hazzard could feel an invisible hand grasp the back of his shirt collar. This hand was not hot nor was it cold, and yet it sent chills down his spine. The young man was uprighted with a simple tug notion from Simus' hand. Vice did not seem surprised at all by this action. If he did, he was well at hiding it.

The Dark Jedi was never a big fan of formalities or pleasantries for that matter. Most of the time he was straight to the point. Simus found that sometimes he could be rather blunt when speaking with others. Such a trait was unhealthy around important figures, like senators and diplomats. He'd met a few of the politicians on his short trip to Coruscant. Simus had been forced to sit through boring lectures and debates of mineral shortages or the need for Bacta. The miracle drug sold for a high price these days. Simus suspected this was a main source of economy in the Thyferra Sector for the Galactic Empire. During his trip, he represented the Oseon system's prime monopoly, hotels, casinos and resorts. Simus had agreed to sign a contract with the Empire, insuring they got a piece of the proverbial pie.

"Please," Simus spoke with his own voice. It seemed muffled beneath his hood, "Do not bow down to me. I will impart upon you the ways of the Dark, but I frown upon such formalities. You are to be my new apprentice, not some unworthy slave of the ancient Sith Empire..."

Simus regarded his surroudings. The docking bay his ship was berthed in seemed to be empty enough. His suspicious eyes scanned the area, while he let the Force do a more thorough scan. He could not detect any lifeforms through the Force. No one had been spying on them he figured.

"Now..." Simus began to walk up the ramp to the innards of his transport. I do not think it would be wise of us to stay here. His eyes shone once again, reflecting against the metal archway of the ship entrance.

Simus intook some air, and breathed out slowly. "Do you have a transport of your own?"