PDA

View Full Version : A new face walks into the bar..

Slade Azrrel
Jan 9th, 2002, 03:20:30 AM
Slade, a young man, about 18 years of age, walked into the bar. There were various types of humans, and aliens, all sitting in seats, talking, and drinking together. No-one really payed attention to the new Padawan, but he didn't mind. He walked over to the bar, and sat down, waiting to be served.

Rather nice place..

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 9th, 2002, 05:26:03 AM
It is at that.

:: Anbira settled into the seat nearest the padawan ::

For all the hustle and bustle, it is the company of others that is so inviting in this place. Friends, and the occasional foe who may wander in.

:: Anbira glanced at Slade ::

Ah...you have the look of a Learner to you, I see.

Slade Azrrel
Jan 9th, 2002, 08:35:08 AM
“Yeah, Just arrived today, actually. I was told that I'm a padawan learner, but they haven't assigned me a master yet.”

Slade turned his head slightly, looking toward the man.

“Oh, where are my manners? I'm Slade Azrrel.”

He said, and extended his hand to the man.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 9th, 2002, 12:38:19 PM
I am Anbira Hicchoru, pleased to meet you.

:: Anbira shook his hand ::

Slade Azrrel
Jan 9th, 2002, 12:51:16 PM
“Pleased to meet you too, Anbira.”

Finally, a bartender walked over to the two, and Slade turned from Anbira, to the bartender, then back to Anbira.

“Would you like something to drink?”

Satine Capashen
Jan 9th, 2002, 10:29:01 PM
Satine noticed the newcomer to the bar, and Anbira walking over to Slade, and decides to go pop in. Pulling the hood of his cloak down, revealing his silver quills of hair, he walks over to Slade, saying, "Hello. You must be new here. My name's Satine Capashen. What would your's be?"

He then makes a bow to Anbira. "Hiya Anbira."

Slade Azrrel
Jan 9th, 2002, 11:34:06 PM
“Hi.”

He said, and extended his hand to Satine.

“I'm Slade Azrrel. Pleased to meet you.”

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 10th, 2002, 12:16:27 AM
Coffee would be nice. Thank you.

:: Anbira nodded to Satine ::

Hello Satine. Fine weather today. The breeze seems to have blown another Learner into our midst.

Slade Azrrel
Jan 10th, 2002, 12:37:02 AM
Slade turned to the bartender, who had been waiting patiently for the order.

“Just a coffee and a goblet of Namana nectar please..”

The bartender walked off, going to prepare the two drinks, and Slade turned back to Anbira and Satine.

“So I take it you're both Jedi here?”

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 10th, 2002, 12:51:59 AM
Yes, that is right.

Slade Azrrel
Jan 10th, 2002, 01:01:51 AM
The bartender returned with the drinks, and placed them down on the bar. Slade gave him a credit, and the bartender walked off happily. He picked up the goblet, and took a sip of the Namana nectar. A burning sensation went through his mouth, and the liquid felt like fire as it passed down his throat. He smiled slightly, and placed the goblet down on the bar.

“So, Anbira, have you been here for long? I mean.. long enough to have the title of Jedi Master?”

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 10th, 2002, 01:45:16 AM
:: Anbira's face suddenly looked distant, as if seeing a point in space far beyond Slade. After a moment, he snapped out of it, returning to the conversation ::

Now that...is a question I would like answered as well.

:: He shook his head, laughing to himself ::

But it is a long story.

Slade Azrrel
Jan 10th, 2002, 01:59:04 AM
Slade raised an eyebrow for a moment, and was about to say something, yet decided not to. He simply let out a small chuckle, pretending to understand what the other Jedi meant. Slade turned back around to the bar, and asked the bartender to refill his goblet with Namana nectar. After the bartender brought him his refilled goblet, he turned back to Anbira, who was silently drinking the coffee.

Slade really didn't have much to speak about, and tried to make up a start to a conversation in his head, yet nothing worked out. He simply said..

“Is this place always so full?”

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 10th, 2002, 02:17:26 AM
:: Anbira looked around, smiling ::

It is...quite so. Arcan Four has become a haven for many people besides the Jedi sect. Traders, travelers, and those who pursue their own interests come here just as often. The doors swing wide, and if the intent is peaceful, none are turned away. ::

Slade Azrrel
Jan 10th, 2002, 02:37:56 AM
Slade looked around the bar again, wondering if there were any Sith in here. With all the happy chatting going on, he doubted there was one. He did see a lot of the people that Anbira had mentioned. Traders.. travelers.. all types of people come to this bar.

His eyes went distant for a moment. Slade remembered his home. There crops would be sold to the traders, who would go sell them in the main town. He let out a small sigh. Although he'd only been gone for a couple of weeks, he already missed his home.

Slade focused once more, and turned to Anbira.

“Hmn.. I see.. so even Sith walk in here, though if there mind isn't bent on destruction, they're allowed in?”

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 10th, 2002, 03:08:56 AM
:: Anbira could almost see the wheels turning in the Padawan's head. It was a very confusing matter, wondering why evil ones would be allowed to move as they please ::

Even those of dark hearts can be civil. It is when civility is lost, and lives hang in the balance that we must act. It is the most difficult thing to comprehend as a Jedi...how to deal with those who wish to destroy us? It is not an easy matter, and you must search your heart for a long time to find the answer that only you are satisfied by.

:: Anbira smiled, sipping his coffee ::

Even I have yet to truly understand this. But if your heart remains free of hatred, you shall have your answer. Nobody can truly teach you this. For in the end, they are only words, without the feelings to drive them into your soul.

Slade Azrrel
Jan 10th, 2002, 03:28:10 AM
Slade nodded slowly, and fell silent for a couple of seconds. Eventually, he stood up, and extended his hand to Anbira.

“It was good talking to you Anbira, but I think I better go meet my Master for training now. I hope we meet again.”

Slade smiled slightly.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 10th, 2002, 03:29:54 AM
As do I, Slade Azrrel.

:: Anbira stood, nodding and smiling politely ::

Slade Azrrel
Jan 10th, 2002, 04:25:50 AM
Slade bowed to his fellow Jedi, then turned, and walked out, heading for the training grounds.