PDA

View Full Version : From the forests…

Eldrak Gruuhl
Jan 13th, 2002, 08:04:52 PM
…in walks a hulking green creature. He has been seen by a few around these parts before, and looked similar to one that many knew as a despicable Sith Master, known as Darth Ogre. The being stood a touch over seven feet tall and could weigh no less than three hundred and fifty pounds. His clothes seemed somewhat dirty and unkempt. It was difficult to wash ones clothes while wandering the forests of Yavin IV.

This creature had not been seen since the craft he arrived here upon had been saved from destruction. The shuttle had been fleeing a doomed world, and had ended up here. Eldrak and Daleethria had used everything within their ability to bring the craft here safely, but in the end required the aid of the planet’s current inhabitants.

Since arriving, Eldrak had taken a name which he thought suited himself, but had not been seen, and he knew it was not his true name or if he even ever had one. His own identity was a mystery to him, and he had not sought the help of others to discover its meaning. The trauma of there arrival had caused him to become amnesic and not know his origins. But as he had wandered this place, he discovered that there were memories within his mind. Memories that he wasn’t sure were even his own.

The memories were brutal and full of rage and suffering. Within himself, he had a deep rooted feeling that these memories were not of his own past. Among the brutal ones were also tragic ones. A planet under siege, an entire race brought to the brink of extinction, but one escaped. Like the other memories, he seemed to remember these from a first person perspective as well. But these tragic memories, seemed more fitting to be his own than the others.

It had been a year’s time since he had stepped off the shuttle and into the forests, and still the answers had not come to him, no matter how hard he debated with himself or dug into his own psyche. He had finally decided to be among others again, so that he could choose his own purpose from here forward and leave the memories behind. He had learned as much as he could from the isolation of the woods, and now it was time to learn more.

He walked into the Bar and Grill and was greeted with scents, sights, and sounds he had never experienced before. His mind attempted to process all that his senses were showing him, but it was too much and the large creature’s legs buckled and he collapsed just inside the doorway, mind swimming with a plethora of new information, but at the same time overloaded and blank because of it.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 13th, 2002, 08:13:58 PM
:: When the creature next regained conciousness, he lay in a soft bed, with his legs hanging partially off the end due to his unusual size. The room was clean and spartan, with faint sunlight filtering through a thin curtain over the window. In the far corner, an old man rocked back and forth in a chair, chewing on what looked to be a long twig of some sort. ::

And he awakens at last.

:: The old man smiled ::

Eldrak Gruuhl
Jan 13th, 2002, 08:19:14 PM
His eyes slowly came into focus, and he found he was not where he last recalled being. External stimuli were not as prolific where he found himself at first. But he looked up and saw an old man’s face. No sooner had he laid eyes on the man than visions and glimpses of memories raced through his mind again. Though this time it wasn’t so staggering as all the stimuli found in the bar.

The bits and pieces of memories that passed through his mind were similar to some of the others, brutal and full of hate, and in them he saw this man, albeit looking somewhat younger, it was definitely him, but he could not put a name on the face.

He spoke timidly.

“Do I know you.......Or you me?”

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 13th, 2002, 08:29:22 PM
:: He raised an eyebrow ::

I do not believe so, although I must be honest in saying that there is much of my past that I do not know in itself.

What I can say is that you are on the planet Arcan four, in the care of the Jedi. You had quite a nasty fall earlier today.

Eldrak Gruuhl
Jan 13th, 2002, 08:35:45 PM
Again visions began to race through his mind, visions of star charts and maps. The scene shifted to the very planet he was now told he was on, but he had no idea where this information came from. It was another of the echoes from his past.

His mouth repeated the words quietly.

“Arcan four , in the care of the Jedi.”

Just as he said the word Jedi, more memories came to him and he felt a strong pain in his stomach. The sight was of a man shoving a glowing weapon into his body. But was it really him? His eyes closed and he tried to shove away the memory.

“What is a Jedi?”

He inquired, wishing to know more about his word that had brought him pain. Wishing to know things was one thing that he knew to be of his own nature. He sought knowledge in all things he experianced. It was how he had been all the time within the forests.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 13th, 2002, 08:43:46 PM
:: The old man leaned back in his rocking chair ::

The Jedi are an ancient society of peacekeepers and guardians, charged to protect the galaxy for over a thousand generations. Though my shallow words can scarcely scratch the surface of their true nature.

:: Anbira gestured to a table laden with many good things to eat and drink ::

Perhaps you've recovered enough strength for a bit to eat. A bit of moldy cheese may indeed cause the mind to wander, but a bit of decent cheese does wonders indeed, wouldn't you say?

:: He smiled, eating a small cube of cheese from a platter ::

Eldrak Gruuhl
Jan 13th, 2002, 08:51:55 PM
His curiosity and need to know more had made him forget that his stomach had been aching from other reasons than just the glimpse of a piece of detached memory he had just had earlier. He was starving. Living on fruits and grubs in the forest for the past year hadn’t reduced his size any, but it sure had become quite unpleasant.

He nodded at the explanation of Jedi and what he had seen in his mind started to make a little sense. The being that he saw himself as in many of the visions was brutal and angry, often lashing out at any around for no better reason than simple and unabashed bloodlust.

So, the man that had plunged the weapon into his stomach almost definitely was a Jedi, and had been protecting those against the brutality. Why was it he saw these memories from a first person perspective? He certainly didn’t harbor any anger that he was aware of. He had no bloodlust or wish to cause harm, only a deeply rooted desire to learn all he could.

Eagerly he rose from the bed on steady legs, though weak with famish and made his way to the table. He sat and began to eat.

“Thank you for the nourishment sir. Are you one of the Jedi?”

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 13th, 2002, 08:59:02 PM
:: He resumed chewing on his Zansanar root ::

Yes, yes I am. One of little consequence, however.

:: He glanced to the window ::

Just an old man, biding his twilight days.

Eldrak Gruuhl
Jan 13th, 2002, 09:05:41 PM
Worn skin and ragged looks with many a scar were what told Eldrak that this man was old. His voice was haggard and his mannerisms and thoughts seemed to bear wisdom, such was what Eldrak wished to be one day, wise and old. He was already of little consequence and knew nothing different than being of no importance to anyone but himself.

His curiosity took hold again. He didn’t wish to pry into getting more answers in regards to what the man had said, but he did wish to put a name with the face and deeds, as well as know something else,

“May I ask sir? What is your name and what species are you?”

It was obvious that this man was not of Eldrak’s species, but then he had never seen anyone that was, except in his visions.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 13th, 2002, 09:24:07 PM
My name is Anbira Hicchoru, and I am human.

:: He poured a glass full of a cheery red drink - Lambrusco ::

And what of you, my large friend?

Eldrak Gruuhl
Jan 13th, 2002, 09:29:20 PM
The question was not to be expected, and he answered it happily. He was pleased to learn what he had from this man, and to have his help. Food and shelter were things that one did not come by easily in the forest and he was defiantly appreciative of them now.

“I call myself Eldrak Gruuhl, it is only a name I have chosen for myself, since I do not know my true one. There is much I do not remember, much like my species. I don’t know of what species I am. Have you ever seen one like me?”

During their conversation Eldrak had managed to consume almost all that was on the table. A creature of his size could sure pack it away and pack it away quickly. It was difficult to be polite about it after a year’s worth of scrounging for anything edible. This was real food!

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 13th, 2002, 09:46:08 PM
That I have not. You are truly unique in my eyes, friend.

:: Anbira rocked back and forth, chewing on the Zansanar as he pondered the creature before him ::

Large in stature and in heart, it seems. Despite your imposing appearance, you are a welcome sight here, my friend. If you seek to find your past, I will aid you.

Eldrak Gruuhl
Jan 13th, 2002, 09:58:05 PM
Now this was unexpected. A promise of even more aid from Anbira!? The look on his face matched that surprise and he averted his eyes in embarrassment.

“You have helped me a great deal already, I could not impose on you in such a way.”

As he looked away, once again he saw visions of Anbira’s younger face within his cloudy and vague memories. There was a definite change in appearance between those visions and the man that now sat before him. A change that went much deeper than just appearance, it was what was in his eyes. Where in his memories there had been something dark and terrible, was now a spark of compassion and peace.

Eldrak continued, shaking off the visions he saw of the two faces, so different yet so alike. He did desire to know more about what he saw, and answering the questions of his past or his origins was a way to solve much of what was in his thoughts now, but….

“I do not know that learning of my past is possible. I have been in isolation for a year now, trying to come to terms with what I do remember……My efforts have done nothing more than confuse me further.”

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 13th, 2002, 10:22:28 PM
:: Anbira rose from his rocking chair, a sense of renewed energy in his step. ::

Not imposing at all! I do as I please!

:: He slapped a hand on the creature's shoulder, looking him in the eye ::

You will have the knowledge that you seek.

:: He glanced to the window, returning his attention ::

But now, the day is early, and I must tend to my meditations. Make yourself comfortable. I will return with haste.

:: Anbira exited, his left hand curiously tucked into the pocket of his robe, as if clenching something ::

Eldrak Gruuhl
Jan 13th, 2002, 10:33:20 PM
He titled his head as he watched Anbira leave. This was his first experience with any being that possessed intelligence greater than that of a Wampa in near a year’s time. He was already fed and comfortably staying within a sheltered building of construction by something other than nature.

Perhaps leaving his isolation has been the right choice. He looked curiously around the room, hoping to find books or a holo-display, so that he could look up more information on Anbira or even the Jedi. His thirst to know more was almost insatiable.

A holo-screen was sitting atop a nearby desk and he sat down in front of it. He wasn’t sure where or when he had learned to operate such a thing, but it didn’t take long before he was perusing the data that it had to offer on the planet he was on and in regards to the company he was keeping.

After only a few minutes, he found himself looking at one of the glowing weapons he had seen in his memories. His lips moved as he said the name of it to himself.

“A Lightsaber…”

And once again, he felt the burning pain in his stomach, but the visions did not come, his mind was occupied, processing all the information at his fingertips. He had discovered an encyclopedia of sorts and lost himself within its text for many hours.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 13th, 2002, 10:55:25 PM
:: Anbira quickly returned to the solace of his own quarters and meditation chamber. Sitting down, he removed the green stone which he had a grasp on. Once again, the normally-dull stone shone lustrous, filling his eyes with a green light as the whispers continued ::

...hashameanalenascoratholuentins...

:: Through the green glow, Anbira saw cyllinders...full of liquid. Inside, creatures growing within...some resembling human females at various stages. Others contained some kind of alien...a green alien. Through the dim of the laboratory, A hulking green alien and a woman with piercing evil eyes gazed at their progeny. The image soon passed, and the whispers spoke clear for but a moment ::

...mmMal Pannisss...

:: His eyes widened at the revelation, slipping the lith away as quickly as it came to him. Wiping away a sheen of sweat, Anbira walked quickly to the archives, with but a name on his lips. Sitting at a monitor, he plunged through the Jedi archives, unlocking as much information as he could from his vision.

Three hours later, the door to Eldrak's quarters opened, and Anbira hurriedly seated himself at the holoviewer, to the large creature's suprise. He keyed in a few commands, and the picture of Ogre Mal Pannis came into view ::

Your answer is here.

Eldrak Gruuhl
Jan 13th, 2002, 11:42:31 PM
The time that Anbira had been away was well spent by Eldrak. He already knew a great deal more about the Jedi and about their primary enemies, those who used the Force for evil means, tapping into a very opposite side of the mysterious ability.

He had not gotten to a point where he was investigating their enemies further before Anbira returned and keyed in something on the holo-screen. Eldrak’s eyes enlarged as he saw a creature that looked very similar to himself. There were differences, such as their face, hands, and feet, but all in all they features did look to be the same species.

He read all the information the Jedi had complied on this vile wicked creature and found there were other similarities. Ogre was not the creature’s actual name, its actual name was unknown, even to it. But its race was known, it was a Kashirian by birth. Again Star charts formed within Eldraks mind and he could see where in the cosmic scheme of things this planet was, but there was little information about it in either the encyclopedia or his own mind.

After studying all he could on this Ogre Mal Pannis, he turned and looked to Anbira.

“Another of my race yes, and perhaps some of my memories may be related to him, but do you know more?”

He just had to know if the wise man had learned more than what he had already said and shown. It was a compulsion that drove Eldrak, a compulsion to have answers to all that he was curious of, and his identity was foremost among that.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 14th, 2002, 12:12:21 AM
:: Anbira's eyes remained fixed on the wicked creature in the holoviewer. His voice, once jovial, was now serious, his age giving it an added grave edge ::

You were created from Ogre Mal Pannis, Eldrak.

:: The old man's grey eyes met the Kashirian's ::

You are his clone.

:: It was not in the archives, of course, but Anbira now gained innate knowledge that those databases did not have. ::

Brought forth through the warped technology of the Spaarti, on the metal islands of Kamino, you were given life by a long-dead sect of Sith, ancient enemies of peace. They created three copies of the one named Ogre, and three copies of the one named Dalethria.

:: He could see the shock and worry in Eldrak's eyes, the possibility of being spawned of evil essence. Anbira continued, knowing what he said next might reassure him somewhat ::

But the clones were incomplete representations. Their likenesses were identical, but their individual natures were different from the evil source. The other two clones have been destroyed. You are all that remain of Ogre's clones...

:: He closed his eyes. Something he'd seen...it was unclear. ::

...but not of the experiment. Not entirely. One clone of Dalethria still exists. Like you, her heart lacks the wicked nature of her original.

:: He reflected on the vision. Seeing Dalethria's face in the flickering lights of the Kamino clone lab...he knew immediately ::

Eldrak Gruuhl
Jan 14th, 2002, 12:24:35 AM
His entire year spent in self exile had come to this conclusion, within only hours of returning to civilization. He was a clone, of this….this…this Sith. That was where many of his memories came from, they were those possessed by this evil creature. It was a comfort and a curse at the same time. A comfort in the fact that the visions he had seen were not of himself being wicked and terrible, but the memories of another, a curse in the fact that his own genes were of the same type and potential.

Could it be that the experiment had not been incomplete, or at least would be completed in time? Was it possible that he was destined to become just as his original was? Would his name be one that caused people to tremble? Would his walking into a room cause people to avert their eyes in terror?

These were unfathomable things for him to try and consider, but possibilities nonetheless. Possibilities maybe, but he had to try and do something about it, he had to make a choice. He did not wish to turn out like this Ogre Mal Pannis. He wished to learn and spread his knowledge. His large green eyes turned from the holo-screen and looked into the old man’s.

“I have a request sir.”

Pain and worry could be seen in the creature’s eyes as he paused for a moment and searched for how exactly to say what he wished to, what he knew would lead him down a path that would take him away from that of his original.

“Would you teach me the ways of the Jedi?”

He knew from his brief studies that such knowledge and practices required more than the learning offered within text, he had to seek a teacher to learn such ways.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 14th, 2002, 12:37:14 AM
:: He shook his head ::

No. I must not.

:: Slowly, he looked at Eldrak again ::

Not yet. There are things that must be done. To teach you now would be folly on my part...and would destroy whatever chance you may have to become a guardian of the light.

But when the time comes...you will be a Jedi, indeed.

:: Anbira stood ::

And I shall teach you.

Eldrak Gruuhl
Jan 14th, 2002, 12:46:13 AM
He had an answer, he was in no hurry and ‘not yet’ followed by an ‘I shall’ was good enough for him. He didn’t pretend to know why Anbira would think himself unworthy at this time, but trying to find that answer was not his business, for now he would need to learn all that he could of the Jedi. He would talk to others and peruse other texts, In time he would learn more, and when anbira was ready to teach him, he would be an adept student, one already armed with a great deal of knowledge and possibly even some ability.

“Thank you sir, I will have patience and keep myself productively occupied in the meantime, until the time you are prepared.”

A few seconds of consideration was all it took for him to conclude that he must acquire his own means of support and shelter here on this planet. He would need to find some way to come by either money or means to shelter himself. He could not continue to impose on Anbira. He rose from the chair he had been sitting in.

“I shall look into finding my own quarters and means of support sir. There is much I wish to do, and what I have learned today has given me a direction in how I foresee and wish my future to be.”

He lowered his head in respect to Anbira as he had seen was tradition for Padawans to do to their Masters in the texts he had already studied, but he would wait to address Anbira as Master until the time was come.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 14th, 2002, 01:13:50 AM
Farewell to you then, Eldrak. We shall meet again.

:: Anbira nodded to the cloned alien, leaving the room ::

Eldrak Gruuhl
Jan 14th, 2002, 01:22:52 AM
Edlrak followed Anbira in exiting the room, but he waited a few minutes so as to not appear as if he were following. He had much to do and much to learn, so that he could prepare for what was to come.