PDA

View Full Version : Hanging out...

Satine Capashen
Jan 8th, 2002, 12:07:45 AM
Satine Capashen walks into the bar, a cloak, with the hood up, covering his long, sleeveless, black trenchcoat hiding his normal blaster and lightsabre, which he refused to give up to the guards. Why give up something that was as much of a part of him as his own skin--even for a little while. Finding a table in the centre of the room, with a good all around view, the Warrior Jedi Knight sits down and orders a pitcher of klah, with a cup too, settling in to watch the place...

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 8th, 2002, 01:28:00 AM
In her usual corner of the bar, Navaria was sipping at her namana juice and enjoying herself for a change. Her concerns for Luke and her Master Leia still were there, but they were pushed into the back of her mind. It was hard to help them in any capacity when their presence was limited. Her heart was growing distant from them because she missed seeing them...

She knew they were becoming strangers and it saddened her greatly. Leia had taught her in the beginning but their lessons were short... Now Navaria was a Knight because she overcame her obstacles by herself. Which was good... but it would have been nice if Leia could have joined her.

Sighing, Navaria pulled the band from her Padawan braid and let her hair come loose...

Morgan Evanar
Jan 8th, 2002, 01:58:41 AM
Morgan sipped a coffee mix as he wandered through the Bar & Grill. Over the past months, the place had swung from being soley populated by Special Forces operatives, local Arcans, and Jedi to a truly dynamic blur of individuals. As trade had increased, so had the variety of bar-goers.

And while variety was the spice of life, friends were the ones who handed you bread when it was a bit too much. So when he got to Navaria's table, he smiled.

"Mmmm." Morgan almost spat the warm liquid. He swallowed, and started again.

"Congratulations."

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 8th, 2002, 02:07:07 AM
She smiled as her fingers straightened out her hair.

"Thank you Morgan. I see we found each other again."

There was plenty of room at her table and for once Navaria didn't feel like spending a night at the bar alone.

"If you're not busy, you can finish your drink here .."

Her voice turned a little playful

"... as long as you don't choke on it again."

Morgan Evanar
Jan 8th, 2002, 02:22:03 AM
His smile turned to a grin.

"Aye, this wonderful stuff will be the death of me." He said in a serious voice as he sat, but his shining green eyes completely contradicted the tone and statement.

"I'm glad to see you've gotten more comfortable here." He reached over and jokingly pinched her cheek. "Just look at you all grown up now!" Morgan said, his voice like that of an old woman's.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 8th, 2002, 02:27:53 AM
The humor in reflected in his eyes caused her smile to grow wider.

"This is why I stick with namana juice. I trust the fruit of Bakura with my life."

Her eyes turned sad remember being a victim in watching her beloved planet fall to the Empire but it was quickly pushed away. This was to be a happy night, not one filled with sorrow.

It helped with Morgan's being silly and she laughed... really laughed.

"I had no idea you were this funny."

Morgan Evanar
Jan 8th, 2002, 02:35:07 AM
A genuine laughter of a happy woman. He hadn't heared that in months and... ...it kind of hurt, somehow. Morgan closed his eyes, suddenly very solemn.

"Whats..." He cut her off midsentence.
"Not your fault." The Jedi Knight tried to smile, and managed to slightly, but he still kept his eyes closed."

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 8th, 2002, 02:41:49 AM
For a brief moment, Navaria saw that flicker of sadness before Morgan closed his eyes. He was pretending to her that everything was fine eventhough she could feel a pain from something long ago. What, Navaria had no idea.

She lowered her eyes to her glass. Causing hurt, unintentional or not, was something to be avoided but it was near impossible.

"I'm sorry for what it's worth."

Morgan Evanar
Jan 8th, 2002, 02:52:26 AM
"Ssok. One of those impossible situations love gets you into. I just miss her." The smile slowly returned, and he opened his eyes again.

"Actually, I'm sorry for killing the mood. Perhaps we can do a little necromancy. The mood may survive yet!" She stared at him in a kind of strange way.

"That wasn't very funny, was it?" Morgan stuck his tounge out.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 8th, 2002, 02:15:29 PM
Morgan answered her unspoken question somewhat and was happy for the somber mood to be lightened.

She laughed again, pulling her hair back that had gotten in her face.

"Are you sure that's just coffee that you're drinking."

Morgan Evanar
Jan 8th, 2002, 03:37:47 PM
"Its magical java, enchanted by mystical..." Morgan paused briefly, searching for a word. "...thingies. Whatever the barkeep slips in the coffee, its very good." He raised his mug.

"To laced drinks and good friends!"

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 8th, 2002, 03:44:48 PM
The smile never left her face as she raised her glass and tapped it to Morgan's.

"I'll just take good friends."

Morgan Evanar
Jan 8th, 2002, 04:02:08 PM
"Aye." He downed the rest of his coffee.

"Satine the lonely silverhaired monkey!" Morgan called out, trying to get his attention.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 8th, 2002, 04:09:05 PM
She quirked her head to the side to look at the young fellow Morgan was referring to ...

Satine Capashen
Jan 8th, 2002, 08:32:43 PM
"Silver haired monkey...?" Satine asks himself as he pulls off his hood, revealing an, indeed, mane of silver hiar in quills. He turns to the voice, and smiles.

"Morgan, I shoulda known!"

He grabs his drink, still steaming, and walks over, bowing slightly to each, and then smiles.

"Congratulations on your promotion Navaria. Mind if I sit here?" He indicates the empty chair. "How's it hanging Morgan?"

Morgan Evanar
Jan 8th, 2002, 08:35:37 PM
"Comfortably." He pointed at Navaria.

"She thinks I'm funny and I'm not sure I buy it."

Satine Capashen
Jan 8th, 2002, 08:43:58 PM
"Funny looking maybe. But for being actually funny...?"

Satine smiles to let Morgan know he was kidding.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 8th, 2002, 08:45:27 PM
She held her hands out in defense, "What? I think he is quite funny."

Morgan Evanar
Jan 8th, 2002, 08:48:29 PM
"Maybe. But only when I'm on drugged coffee." He glanced down into his mug, noticing it was empty.

"I'll be right back. Need more funny fuel."

Satine Capashen
Jan 8th, 2002, 09:24:14 PM
Satine chuckles, and watches Morgan, wondering what is in the coffee. He then turns to Navaria.

"so, how ya faring as a new Jedi Knight?"

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 8th, 2002, 11:50:48 PM
"You are kidding right?"

Morgan left without answering and she looked to Satine since he was speaking to her... though confusion was still evident on her face.

"Well, it only has been a few days.. I'm still trying to figure things out on my own about new responsibilities and the like."

Morgan Evanar
Jan 9th, 2002, 12:24:27 AM
"Nope. This coffee has so much spice in it that it would kill a normal man." Navaria stared at Morgan for a moment.

"Silly. Its normal coffee with some creme and half a spoon of sugar." He took another sip and smiled. "But anyway, you'll be fine. Just give it a few weeks."

Satine Capashen
Jan 9th, 2002, 10:27:28 AM
"Yup. It does take some getting used to..."

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 10th, 2002, 03:31:41 AM
"I'd give it a few months if needed..."

She took another sip of her juice and looked to them both.

"Never really had a chance to get to know my fellow Jedi. Would it be too much to ask if you tell me something about yourselves."

Her cheeks grew red.

"I still feel like an outsider."

Satine Capashen
Jan 10th, 2002, 10:19:26 AM
"It's ok. I bet within a few weeks at the most, you won't feel like that."

Satine flashes a smile,a and then says, "Now, something about me? Not much to tell, I'm just your normal 14 winter Jedi Knight with the normal attitude problems, and an ego that's the size of Yavin--though it has shrunk since I've been here."

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 10th, 2002, 03:36:09 PM
She blinked, not understanding something.

"A fourteen winter Jedi? You mean your age?"

Satine Capashen
Jan 10th, 2002, 08:09:18 PM
"Oh, yes. 14 winters old means 14 standard years old. It's just the way my people talk of their ages."

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 11th, 2002, 01:03:59 AM
"Where do you hail from? I am from Ba..."

She paused at her answer and then set her lips tightly together in thought. Her eyes looked away as if she was in conflict with herseld. Finally, they settled back to Satine and looked at him softly.

"I'm originally from Coruscant until the fall of the Empire. My mother and I made a home on Bakura."

Satine Capashen
Jan 11th, 2002, 08:29:33 PM
"I'm not quite sure. I think a place called Kirin Taq. They do use the term 'winters' there. I was orphaned at five, when both my parents were killed, or at least that's what a few people I've come across say."

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 12th, 2002, 01:28:48 AM
"You have lost your parents...."

Memories of her mother and father came forth. Pleasant ones where her and her brother would run around their home on Coruscant.

"... so have I."

Morgan Evanar
Jan 12th, 2002, 01:41:37 AM
"My adopted ones ignored me for the most part, if that counts for anything." Morgan took a sip of the hot coffee, and leaned back.

"Never got to meet my real ones... both are most likely dead. So it goes." He sounded sort of distant on the matter... but he simply couldn't help it. Growing up had been very awkward.

Satine Capashen
Jan 12th, 2002, 05:37:01 PM
Growing up might've been awkward for Morgan, but it was still awkward for Satine. If he survived growing up, it would be a miracle.

"Looks like we all have something in common..."

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 13th, 2002, 04:24:25 PM
She looked at Morgan and Satine through sad eyes. To grow up without parents, or uncaring partents, is something she never would wish on anyone. Navaria was fortunate to have been with her mother till the end... but it was a terrible end...

Morgan Evanar
Jan 13th, 2002, 05:45:18 PM
"Cheer up over there. I've forgiven both of them. We still write... especially since I stopped slicing professionaly." He grinned.

"They don't believe half of the stories I write, but its ok."

Satine Capashen
Jan 14th, 2002, 12:12:06 AM
"I doun't doubt they wouldn't believe some of your stories. If any are as strange as some of mine..."

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 14th, 2002, 04:36:20 PM
Her eyes lit up at the sound of slicing.

"You did that for awhile? So did I before my mother died."

She had to laugh.

"She hated seeing me off and doing those illegal activities on a ship with who knows what."

Satine Capashen
Jan 15th, 2002, 12:28:26 AM
Satine smiles a bit, thinking how lucky they were for them to have actually been able to keep in touch with their parents. His were ripped away from him nine years ago.