PDA

View Full Version : Sitting in solitude

Eldrak Gruuhl
Jan 14th, 2002, 02:30:44 AM
How many of these Jedi would like the company of a big hulking green beast? One who was very similar to one of their dreaded enemies, in fact he was only dissimilar in outward appearance, on the inside his cells and genes were a near exact match. But this clone of Ogre Mal Pannis was not complete. He did not possess all the traits that his creators had wished him to. He was merely an amplified part of that which he was wrought to be, a splinter of the whole, even though outwardly, he appeared even more ugly and large than his original.

He sat at a table, perusing what looked to actually be an old book. He had managed to find it in his wandering of the deep forests and only know were its contents beginning to make more sense.

Alone at the table he sat and read, While those around gave him unusual and odd glances, most likely thinking that he was indeed either a relation to Sith Master Ogre Mal Pannis, or at least a kinship, though those gifted with abilities in the ways of the force would see right through a supposition and find a heart to match his stature. He was kind and polite and he bothered no one as he read.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 14th, 2002, 02:52:49 AM
Morgan narrowed his eyes. Ogre never visited Arcan IV, or the Jedi. For any reason. So he was presented with a quandry.

Who was that reading the book? He racked his brain, staring at the clone for a minute.

"Frell it." The Jedi Knight got himself a glass of water, downed it, filled it again, and headed to the table. As he approached, it became more and more apparent that he was not dealing with Ogre Mal Panis, who surely would have greeted him in some manner, although likely not friendly. Nor did he feel anything like Ogre in the Force.

The initials ROS drifted through Morgan's brain, but found nothing to connect to.

"Hello stranger, may I ask what you're reading?"

Eldrak Gruuhl
Jan 14th, 2002, 03:12:34 AM
The face of the man that suddenly filled Eldrik’s sight as he looked up from his book, brought about another wave of memories, more vivid than most of his flashbacks which he related to the memories of Ogre before the cloning process, but after his amnesia. This face was one he felt as if he recognized, and the voice even more so. This wasn’t the usual third party or strange sense of recognition, but one that seemed more pressing and close, as if it were something he had actually experienced himself and not all that long ago.

It had been a year since he had arrived and during that time he had changed, grown into his body more you would say. He was a thinker and not much of a talker and had been that way even before he lost his memory, but this sudden sense of recollection caught him off guard and he presently forgot the question posed. He sat there, looking up from his book, just staring at this man, his mouth half agape as if ready to speak, but no words would come.

Sanis Prent
Jan 14th, 2002, 03:47:08 AM
(The last I'd been this close to Ogre Mal Pannis was in a half-destroyed hangar on Monto Codru. One last double-cross...and they always said that one deserved a better one. I'd picked his face up in a dossier I bought from a New Republic captain who enjoyed gambling on podracing. Not exactly a looker, and stuck out like a sore thumb.

Lighting a stim, I ran my other hand through my hair, looking at the hulking monstrosity through narrowed eyes. He was close to Sorsha. I knew that much. That made him an asset. I didn't like playing dirty, but the game got nasty long ago. Now, I wasn't above taking out a friend of my enemy to get to my enemy. Funny how revenge gets the Macchiavellian thoughts pumping. But I'd have to work something out. Diving across the bar and grill with blasters drawn was plain stupid...and just not my style. From the look of him, he wasn't going anywhere for a while, so I had time to work.

I finished my beer, ordering a second as the wheels started to turn.)

Eldrak Gruuhl
Jan 14th, 2002, 05:01:18 AM
After a long silence and what seemed like and even longer period of staring into the face of the Jedi, Eldrak rose from his seat putting down his book. His stature in both height and girth was almost staggering. He was absolutely huge compared to most that frequented this place as he reached out a hand to Morgan in an offered greeting.

“Eldrak Gruuhl at your service sir.”

His voice was deep and loud and carried through the loud room easily, much as Ogre’s would if he were to speak. He looked back over at the table and the book sitting on it.

“Forgive my rudeness. I’m reading a book I found in some ruins, its a book regarding the construction of a Lightsaber. I have many other things to learn besides what this book has to offer me, and when I had looked at it before, little of what it said made sense. I have only recently learned more of the force……” the next part of what he said was somewhat muffled and mumbled, not near as loud and proud as all else that he had said. “..but I cannot be sure what I have forgotten, nor am I sure I wish to remember.”

Elieen Cross
Jan 14th, 2002, 05:44:03 AM
Sitting in the corner, with my staff on my lap, I watched the patrons of the bar. It was different to be here as friend, not foe. It was also good that the regulars did not know whom I was, apart from a new, pretty face. I wanted tonight to just watch, to observe.

In one place, I could see a Jedi I thought could be this Evanar West had spoken off. He was near a green beast that looked vagueky like Darth Ogre.

And further away..... I delibertly stared at the human I saw. Sanis Prent. I recognised him from my association with Force Master Hunter. Well. Now here was someone Hunter had always wanted to catch doing something shady. I knew Hunter had been planning to have a bit of a word with this Prent, something about crossing into his turf.

I knew something of the scams Hunter was running here. I had been involved a bit. I wondered, what would be worse on your case? A Bounty Hunter, or an Imperial Royal Guard? Probably a Hunter, they could be bought off.

Might be worth watching this Prent and seeing what he was up to.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 14th, 2002, 11:31:40 PM
"Morgan Evanar."

Morgan shook the large green hand with no trepidation. This was not Ogre. But it was strange, because the Sith Master was supposedly the last of his race. Yet he looked so very similar.

ROS ROS ROS ROS... a clone? I thought they were accounted for.... Still, it would be completely unwise to rule it out.

Yes, this had to be a clone.

"No problem at all. I'm not exactly a constant master of words myself. And..." he dropped his voice to haze through the chatter only to clone. "...I think I understand your worries."

Eldrak Gruuhl
Jan 15th, 2002, 12:03:32 AM
Morgan could feel the strength in Eldrak’s grip, which was held back. The handshake was firm and the hand engulfed his completely, swallowing up Morgan’s in its sheer size and mass, yet there was gentleness in the grip. The power of the beastly looking being was held back and the greeting was a friendly one.

“Good to make your acquaintance sir.”

It was pretty obvious to Eldrak that this man was as his Master to be was, a Jedi of the Order upon this planet. The signs were all there. The way he spoke, the way he carried himself, and the feeling he gave off, much like Anbira in many ways.

He was surprised and embarrassed that Morgan has heard what he had said about himself. He hadn’t even fully realized he said it out loud, it was only his thoughts which slipped out as words.

Bashful eyes averted from Morgan and moved back towards the book on the table. Eldrak wanted to get back to his reading and escape the folly of what he had said. But just as Anbira has spoken calming and confidence inspiring words, so did Morgan.

Eldrak turned back to face Morgan and let go of his hand. “It seems that many Jedi have deep understanding of me. One of many reasons I would like to be one. I have so little understanding of myself and wish to know more, as well as know more about the Universe and people within it.”

Morgan Evanar
Jan 15th, 2002, 01:56:18 AM
The Jedi Knight shook his head.

"I never claimed my understanding was deep, just that I thought that I had an idea of your dilema." Morgan sat back and began to wonder. While seemingly a clone, it was more massive than Ogre.

"Many of us strive for a deeper understanding of the universe, but none are silly enough to claim or even consider it. Aye, we'd all be fools on a hill to state a silly thing. Now understanding of self is a different matter. I think it is an important thing. Once you have some understanding of self, you have some understanding of your limitiations. And then you can work around them."

Eldrak Gruuhl
Jan 15th, 2002, 02:12:22 AM
Eldrak sat back down in his seat.

“Forgive me sir if I misstated your understanding, but as I see it, just the fact you had any kind of idea in regards to my dilemma makes me think that, seeing as I know so little of my own past. I have only been here a day and already I have learned more about myself than I did in an entire year by myself, wandering the forests. But what I have learned tells me little of my past really, and even less about my possible futures, though it does hint that I was born to be evil or at least a tool of evil.”

He shook his head sternly.

“That is the last thing I wish to do. Just like you said yourself, I wish to strive for a better understanding of the universe and the beings within it. I know that knowing all or being completely right is nigh impossible, but I want to fight against being forced down a path not of my own choosing.”