PDA

View Full Version : Another New Face

Jakura Sedare
Jan 10th, 2002, 03:46:04 AM
(As I walked into the bar, I checked out the people that dwelled here. None seemed familar but then again, I had never been here before and I didn't care anyway since all I wanted was a drink. I had been in space far too long and I needed a good drink.

Leaning over the bar, I called over the barkeep and asked him to just surprise me with some drink since I didn't care what I drank as long as it had plenty of alochol in it. While I waited, I checked out the local guys that dwell there, I had been alone for far too long as well.)

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 10th, 2002, 03:52:59 AM
My dear it is awfully blustery this time of year on Arcan

:: Anbira approached the bar, ordering a Lambrusco. He smiled at the woman. ::

Perhaps you should get a jacket, before venturing out again.

Jakura Sedare
Jan 10th, 2002, 04:03:26 AM
(I turned to look at the person who had spoken to me then smiled.)

"I'm fine, I'm used to the cold."

(I said to the stranger as the barkeep brought me my mystery drink. I took a sip of it and it wasn't all that bad so I drank a bit more, making a mental note to ask the barkeep what this drink was for further reference.)

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 10th, 2002, 04:13:15 AM
:: Anbira smiled ::

All's well then, I guess. If you fall ill to the weather, I'm sure they can serve chicken noodle soup as well as that Nllkon Sunbeam you ordered.

Oh! That reminds me.

:: He turned to the bartender ::

You wouldn't happen to have a Zansanar Root, by chance?

:: The bartender nodded, returning with the long, curly twig-like root. Anbira nodded cheerfully, paying for it, as he placed the straight end in the corner of his mouth ::

Jakura Sedare
Jan 10th, 2002, 04:31:03 AM
(I smiled again as took a mental note of the name of my drink.)

"I won't get sick from a little bit of cold weather, I'm tougher than I look. My line of work calls for strong warriors, I wouldn't have lasted long if I let a little bit of cold get to me."

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 10th, 2002, 04:38:03 AM
:: He nodded chewing on the end of the Zansanar root. ::

But of course. Strong Warrior. Tough. But even the toughest don't turn away warm meals and soft beds when offered.

:: After a sip of Lambrusco, Anbira set his glass aside ::

Only be tough when necessary, my dear.

Jakura Sedare
Jan 10th, 2002, 04:59:44 AM
"I'm only tough when I need to be, I meant that my life doesn't often allow me to live like most but I'm never one to turn down a warm meal or a soft bed when it's offered to me."

(I answered while I sipped my drink and looked around the bar.)

"And considering how long I've been cooped up on that tiny ship I traveled in here on, I'll probably find something good to eat around here before I look for somewhere to stay for the night."

(I then stretched a bit since the ship's c o c kpit had been rather small, there had been hardly enough room to move much, let alone sit comfortably in, but that's what I get for "borrowing" someone else's ship. It was the then that I remembered that I had neglected to introduce myself so bow was as good a time as any.)

"I'm Jakura Sedare and what might your name be, stranger?"

videl1999
Jan 21st, 2002, 03:25:12 AM
*But before Jakura can get an answer, her hair falls down over her shoulders and she glares over at the person who has now sat down beside her. Setting Jakura's hat on her own head, Videl smirks before speaking*

Hmmm, I can't really pull off the twin look with you now with this blond hair of mine, huh?

*Videl laughs then waits to see what Jakura will say back*

Jakura Sedare
Jan 21st, 2002, 03:38:10 AM
(I glared at her for a moment, trying not to yell and keep my anger in check as I snatched my hat back from her. I looked at her for a few seconds since I couldn't quite tell who she was but then that look in her eyes clued me in.)

"Guess not, Videl, whatever possessed you to dye your hair?"

(I asked, watching her curiously, it had been several years since I had last seen her and she hardly looked like the Videl I had known.)

videl1999
Jan 21st, 2002, 03:46:38 AM
*Videl laughed to herself since people who weren't good at sensing the force never seemed to know her at first and Jakura was of course no exception since she had never had the patience to take Videl's teaching in*

I was still being chased even after all these years and pretty much I just got bored of it. What brings you way out here?

*Videl asked then pushed her wolf away from another patron's mug, her wolf loved any drink he could get into. Lacing his back to his head, Kuroi then growled and settled down next to Videl's panther underneath his master's barstool*

Jakura Sedare
Jan 21st, 2002, 04:00:53 AM
(Her response was typical of her, Videl had been that way since I had met her 10 years earlier. She and I were not related in any way but we did look a lot like especially how Videl had looked before. She had been of course referring to when we often switched jobs if we liked how the other's job sounded better. One thing I found somewhat odd was these two animals she had now, the woman had always been a loner before but I didn't feel the need to ask.)

"I was bored myself, it hasn't been fun without you around. The work is slim to none there and the jobs are so low pay that it makes it hardly worth the effort."

videl1999
Jan 21st, 2002, 04:16:09 AM
(Heard that a lot lately...) *Videl thought to herself as she reached down and scratched behind her wolf's ears, Kuroi was growling about his lack of beer*

Well I gave up bounty hunting about two years ago when I found the Sith and Jedi. The life of a Sith is far more rewarding even though we don't get paid for it.....

*Videl smirked with an evil glint in her eyes*