PDA

View Full Version : Reconnecting

Live Wire
Jan 8th, 2002, 08:13:37 PM
*Figure shrouded ina long black cloak silently walked into the B&G. She took a seat in a corner and a server droid rolled up to her. She waved it away and pushed her chair back crossing her feet up on the table. After a quick glance around the bar she pushed her hood back off of her face. Her long black hair spilled forward over her shoulders and framed her pale face. He wasn't here. But she knew he would come. Her presence would not be unnoticed. So...she waited*

Morgan Evanar
Jan 8th, 2002, 08:29:23 PM
Morgan was drenched in sweat and coated in a thin layer of industrial grime from clambering around vents and sneaking through a simulated imperial installation. He whiped his forehead, removing some moisture but smearing the grime more.

The Jedi Knight and NRSF instructor was exhausted from his 12-hour tactical espionage course, and wanted nothing better than a shower, a hot meal, and a nice, soft bed.

Aside from Morgan's now 2 meter height, the Desert Eagle was the only thing that really set him apart from the rest of the NRSF trainees and soldiers.

He approached the bar and asked for a pitcher of water and a glass. Slowly, he turned, and his eyes went alight.

"Cathrine!" Morgan started for her, the water sloshed over the edge of the pitcher. Momentairily glancing at it, he set it back on the bartop and walked to her as quickly as he could, eyes alight.

Live Wire
Jan 8th, 2002, 09:17:35 PM
*She smiled as Morgan approached her and her face softened at the sight of him.*

Hello Morgan. It's been to long.

*she gestured for him to sit down. He looked as if he needed a nice long shower and about 12 hours of sleep but she could see that he was happy to see her no matter how exhausted he was.*

I'm sorry I've taken so long to come back and see you. I've just been so busy with TSO....

*She paused. Her excuses seemed lame even to her. Life was busy yes but she should have found the time. To tell the truth she was having trouble getting over her own conflicting feelings. But she had to see him again.*

Morgan Evanar
Jan 8th, 2002, 09:40:07 PM
"I understand." He did. The Jedi Knight also knew how troubled she was between him and TSO, and perhaps Gav Mortis. But he really didn't think about it. He was simply happy that Catherine was here now. And for the moment, it was all that mattered.

"I'd hug you, but you'll have to settle for this instead." That stated, he leaned over and kissed her lightly on the lips.

"I miss you."

Live Wire
Jan 9th, 2002, 04:57:49 AM
*His kiss was tender like honey on her lips. She had missed him so much. It had indeed been too long since they had seen each other. Yet despite their time apart her feelings had not subsided, nor, it seemed, had his. He understood her dilemma and was willing to be patient with her.

But she put that to the back of her mind. He was here and she was here and for that she was grateful.*

I miss you too. It's too bad our lives take us down two different roads.

*inwardly she thought 'at least for the moment'*

But, I'm here now and thats what's important.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 9th, 2002, 01:01:20 PM
Morgan smiled, and stared into her deep, dark eyes for the first time in many months. "Aye."

"But I really need a shower. You could wait here, or..." He trailed off into a grin and a mischevious glint in his green eyes. She arched her left eyebrow.

Absence supposedly made the heart grow fonder, but it would be difficult for Morgan to be any fonder of Catherine.

Live Wire
Jan 9th, 2002, 07:25:12 PM
*LW smiled at him. He hadn't changed a bit. Still mischevious and a little wild. As tempting as going with him was she always felt uncomfortable being on the jedi's turf, even when it was with Morgan. There was this pervading sense that she was an outsider and didnt belong. So she chose to wait.*

Go take your shower. I'll still be here when you get back.

*He was visibly disappointed but he knew if she said she'd be here then she'd be here.*

Don't be long.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 10th, 2002, 12:03:17 PM
Morgan jogged off with renewed energy. He felt... extra alive, like someone had just turned the brights on. As if with a flick of a switch, every ounce of fatigue was evaporated. Once clear of the Bar&Grills doors, he opened up to a dead run. After a block, he threw his hands up

"WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!" Some onlookers stared for a moment, but stopped after a little bit. Morgan was wearing NRSF garb. You had to be at least a little crazy to do that stuff.

He bounded up the stairs, nearly running over Gon Du Val.

"Sorry!"

Although Morgan felt a want to hurry, he would much rather arrive clean, so he took five minutes to shower and dress.

Clad in clean, unwrinkled khaki pants, a black shirt, his grey jacket, he departed with a bit more patience. Still, he nearly jogged the way back.

Morgan slid into the seat near Catherine.

Elapsed time: 8 minutes, 22 seconds.

Live Wire
Jan 10th, 2002, 07:56:44 PM
*She looked up at him as he sat down next to her.*

Much better, I can actually see your face now.

*She leaned over and gave him a kiss. His renewed sense of energy made laugh. He gave her a questioning look as if to say 'why are you laughing?' but she just shook her head and smiled. When she was with him it seemed she always had something to smile and laugh about. It was a welcome change from her usual serious demenor that her position called for.

He took her hand in hers and her face flushed. There was something about being with him and their time apart didn't seem to have done anything except make what time they could share together that much more special.*

I probably should have let you know ahead of time that I was coming to see you but this was kind of a spur of the moment visit. No one knows I'm here. I don't think anyone in TSO would really understand anyway.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 12th, 2002, 02:17:38 AM
He nodded at the TSO comment. It was likely the case. "Don't worry. This is my favorite sort of surprise. You're always welcome, at any time."

The serving driod rolled up.

"I'd like a 16 ounce bantha steak, a potatoe, and turnip greens. And an iced tea." Morgan looked to Catherine.

"You want anything?"

Live Wire
Jan 12th, 2002, 02:33:18 AM
*She smirked at the comment. It was obvious that his appetite hadn't changed at all.*

A good Corellian Brandy would be nice.

*the droid rolled off to fill the order and her face grew serious. She looked at Morgan and she felt sad. Sad because this was just a temporary fix for a bigger problem.*

Morgan, *she hesitated* are you happy with this...arangement? *she struggled to find the right words* We're living two lives that take us away from each other and we rarely see one another. When we do its kept quiet, at least on my end.

*she bit her bottom lip and frowned* I just keep thinking theres got to be a better way. But...I dont know how.....*her voice trailed off*

Morgan Evanar
Jan 12th, 2002, 03:06:44 AM
A slight frown played itself over Morgan's face. "I'm not happy with the situation, but I'd have to say I'm out of ideas, too. I cherish every moment that I'm with you. My feelings haven't changed." He sighed.

"I suppose that we just have to wait. I know, I know, but how long? You know I can't go back to TSO. My heart isn't with them. I'd try to stop every other thing they did. Conversely, you feel similarly twoard the Jedi. Maybe we are supposed to quit. I don't know."

He leaned his forehead against hers.

"Is there ever a time where our heads and hearts know exactly what to do with this mess?"

Live Wire
Jan 12th, 2002, 03:25:36 AM
I've thought so much about it that it made my head hurt. I love TSO, its my home. My family is there. But I love you too. Its like Im living two seperate lives that can never cross.

*she blinked away tears she felt burning behind her eyes*

Im not willing to give up on us. Everything I feel for you feel's right.

*she squeezed his hand* I dont expect you to return to TSO any more then you expect me to join the jedi. We have different callings in life.

Maybe if we found more time to be together... Made the time.

*She closed her eyes just feeling his presence next to her. It was so comforting and felt so right. So then why was it so difficult. This was the galaxy's cruel joke on her.*

I guess part of the reason I came was cause I was afraid you might begin to think that I no longer cared for you.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 12th, 2002, 03:39:31 AM
"I'd... know, I think, if something like that... you not caring for me, happend." Morgan kissed her forehead and leaned back. The serving driod rolled up with his meal, ice tea and her brandy. He stared down at his plate for a moment, his stomach grumbling. It could wait for a few more minutes.

"I've been feeling lonely, but never unloved or uncared for. Lady Dalamar, I do believe you have underestimated my fortitude. Do so more often."

"But I think," he said quietly, "that I have overestimated yours. I'm sorry for that."

Live Wire
Jan 12th, 2002, 04:21:15 AM
*she took a sip of her brandy. It was taste that was very familiar and very soothing to her. She shook her head.*

It's not your fault. I guess with everything thats been happening I've been feeling the stress more then usual. When everyone around you is under as much stress as you are it makes it difficult...you need someone to talk to...or just be with.

*she pulled out a small data pad from her pocket and thumbed it on.*

So I know what you mean about being lonley. I guess I have to be a little more patient.

*she handed him the data pad which had some pictures on it. Some were old from when he had been at TSO. Others were recent ones of her and even one of Ariel.*

I thought you might like to have these. Ariels gotten big since you saw her last. Maybe those can help you deal with being lonely. There isnt a day that passes when I dont think about you and miss you.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 14th, 2002, 06:28:27 PM
"The same is true, as cheeseball as it may sound."
He smiled at her, and began to flip through the images on the datapad.

"You're going to have to beat back hordes of young men in several years." A few more images flicked by.

"Shes walking already..." Morgan sort of stared at that for a while. He had missed a lot.

Without looking, he began to slice the potatoe. His is left hand began to sort of work of its own volition, heeding his stomach more than his concious mind. The knife was set down, and the fork retrived. Without blinking, Morgan started to eat while flipping through the rest of the pictures.

Live Wire
Jan 14th, 2002, 08:39:57 PM
*She took another sip of her brandy as Morgan thumbed through the pictures. There were so many things she was feeling as she sat there but the words weren't right or she felt stupid and self concious about saying them. There was something about being with Morgan that made her drop her guard. She trusted that she could be herself and be open with him. She didn't always have to keep up the stone cold exterior and to be with him again was a welcome relief from that.*

You can finish looking at those later. Go ahead and eat your dinner. I know you have to be starving.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 14th, 2002, 10:53:27 PM
"mmmfh?" Morgan finished chewing and swallowed. "What? Oh. I can do both at the same time. Actually..." He looked at the last picture. It was of himself, sleeping in a tree. That was something of a curiosity, and Morgan began to ponder it as he precisely attacked the steak. Once he was about half way done, he set his utensils down, and gulped down some of the iced tea.

"Catherine, when did you take that last picture, the one of me in the tree?"

Live Wire
Jan 15th, 2002, 04:36:18 PM
*He held the picture up for her to see.*

Oh that one. It was when we were rebuilding the palace. I had been sleeping in my ship and I just happened across you in the tree not far from the ship. You looked so tired and there was something about that moment that just seemed perfect for a picture.

*she smiled remembering it.*

That was a rough time but there was something very comforting in watching you sleep in that tree. I keep a copy of it on my desk.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 15th, 2002, 10:27:58 PM
"Mmm. Thanks. Watching you sleep has always been comforting." Morgan resumed the systematic destruction of the steak, stopping with about a quarter left. Promptly he wiped out the potatoe, and then polished the steak off. After taking a swallow of his iced tea, a satisfied sigh drifted out of him and he smiled in a most content manner.

"Want to share dessert?"

Jackie Chan 1138
Jan 21st, 2002, 08:23:40 PM
It had been many, many months since the Padawan Chan had been near the Jedi. In a long and lonely journey, he had seen much and learned more. He had originally gone to Yavin IV, to find the Jedi not there. Chan eventually found the Jedi on a planet he had never been to before, a misty and cold place that he did not really like.

He bore no weapons, so the guards allowed him in with no question. Chan wandered in, looking over the Bar and Grill with much interest. He stood next to a odd statue which had a few old cloaks on it.

Now, would he be able ot see his old Master here? What else had changed in his absence?

Ahhh, he thought. There is Jedi Knight Evanar, I remember him. Who is that beautiful woman he is with? Another Jedi? A call from the other side of the bar took his attention. Someone recognised him, after all this time!

Warren Azalin
Jan 21st, 2002, 08:33:50 PM
"Hey Jackie, over here."

Warren motioned towards the Jedi as he walked through the door. It had been some time since he had last seen him. Surely they had some catching up to do. The Jedi tossed a few creds on the table, paying for his drinks as he got up to greet the long gone Padawan.

Jackie Chan 1138
Jan 21st, 2002, 08:36:58 PM
"Master Azalin! It is good to see you!"

The Padawan bowed low, in respect to his Master.

"I apologise for taking so long to be here Master. After the Dagobah attack, I got seperated from the main Jedi and I only escaped by stowing away. I would have been here faster if I had known where the Jedi were"

Warren Azalin
Jan 21st, 2002, 08:41:51 PM
Warren had remembered the attack all to well. In fact up until now he had thought they had lost Jackie to the Sith on that say, or maybe worse...

"So how'd you find us? I mean I for one thought you had been captured or dead..."

Warren would have gone to look for the Padawan but if he had been taken by the enemy then Warren was not strong enough to take on all of the Sith... at least not then.

Jackie Chan 1138
Jan 21st, 2002, 08:49:08 PM
"I found the Jedi by the Force Master. I had been wandering for manly long times and I began to want to find you. No one knew where. So, I meditated on this question and there was a insight of Yavin. When I came from meditation, I knew this made sense, as the Jedi are connected powerfully to it. I journeyed there, only to find.... much ships and refusal to go further by military men.

I asked people there, until one man... a strange one helped me. He had a most strange weapon, a piece of wood with a string, much like a musical instrument, but only one string. He used it to shoot other bits of wood. He was a wise man. He told me many things and I almost did not leave. But he told me, that my heart was set on being Jedi and he knew where the Jedi were"

Jackie frowned

"A very strange man, but very wise and very powerful in the Jedi arts. Would you know whom he might be?"

Warren Azalin
Jan 21st, 2002, 08:55:01 PM
Warren listened to what Jackie had said and pondered it for a moment..

"A very strange man, but very wise and very powerful in the Jedi arts. Would you know whom he might be?"

Warren didn't know what Jedi's where out on missions but he could think of none at the moment that fit the Padawans details of the man..

"No, but I would like to find out."

Live Wire
Jan 23rd, 2002, 07:56:55 PM
*How he could think about desert after downing that entire meal. He always did eat more then anyone else she knew.*

No thanks. I didn't really come here to eat after all.

*she scooted closer to him and laid her head on his shoulder*

I just came here to be with you. But go ahead and have desert if you're still hungry.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 24th, 2002, 02:04:24 AM
"Not really hungry. Just figured desert would be," Morgan winked "fun." He wrapped his arms around her, kissing the top of her head. She's smaller than I remember... er, I'm bigger. I suppose thats one of those things that are dependant on perspective. Now if I was the center of the universe, she would indeed be smaller.

Laughter came from his mouth at the absurdity of his thought. She looked at him questioningly, but the Jedi Knight simply shook his head and smiled.

Taking her hands into his, he said "Lets go watch the sun set."

Jackie Chan 1138
Jan 24th, 2002, 07:43:52 PM
"Ah. I was hoping you might. He told me many things and also something really strange that puzzles me..... what's a vampire?"

Warren Azalin
Jan 24th, 2002, 08:04:41 PM
"What's a Vampire?"

The question had caught the Jedi off guard to say the least. He had to answer it non the less, or at least answer it to the best of his understanding. How could he really answer something that he had a vague understanding of?

"Well, that's kinda a hard question.... you see not much is known about Vampires, only what's been written off as Folk Lore. Like the fact of Sucking Blood, Feeding on the flesh of Mortals, and other stuck that can be put off as Myth or Reality, no one knows. They are said to despise Sunlight, and other things of little use...."

Warren didn't know what else he could add, he would have to hope for an example. The Jedi scanned the bar looking for anything that would help, and to his luck he had found it. Sitting in a dark corner sat what seemed to be a small group of Vampires. It seemed Jackie would have to know what they where by Example.

"See over there?"

Warren pointed towards the direction of the Vampires

"That's a Vampire."

Mr Vampire Dude
Jan 24th, 2002, 08:23:02 PM
He looked at the man who was pointing towards him and his friends. Shaking his head, he poked one of his colleagues in the ribs. "Psst... We're being pointed at again."

Lochabre Stonewing
Jan 24th, 2002, 08:30:58 PM
[i]It had been in this place for some time now.

Time had no real meaning for Lochabre, just a vague passing of events. It had taken a place to sit on, a place where it seemed to blend in and not be noticed. Allowed it to watch the fleshed ones come in and out of this place.

Absolutly facinating.

It just sat there, it's form covered by it's old cloak and even at times having more items of clothing hung on it! Now that was nice. It was thinking in it's own way the fleshed ones here were not like the normal ones. And these two whom had sat next to where it was, they were typical of the type. As per usual, Lochabre listened to the conversation.

"What are Vampires?"

Lochabre suddenly paid attention.

"Well, that's kinda a hard question.... you see not much is known about Vampires, only what's been written off as Folk Lore. Like the fact of Sucking Blood, Feeding on the flesh of Mortals, and other stuck that can be put off as Myth or Reality, no one knows. They are said to despise Sunlight, and other things of little use...."

Life leeches! Hatred suddenly began to bubble up to the surface, for Gargoyles truly hated anything that fed on living beings. It started to settle down, there was no Life Leech here...

"See over there?"

One of the fleshed ones pointed

"That's a Vampire"

Blazing red eyes followed the pointing to where two fleshed ones sat, conversing quietly. Pointing at what was the "female". It didn't understand sex, but it understood there were differences in fleshed ones....

The anicent hatred exploded in it's mind and a manical rage took over. Abruptly, Lochabre screamed, the sound extremely high and ear piercing. Glasses nearby exploded, fleshed ones cringed in pain, then there was a scream as Lochabresuddenly exploded to his full 3 meter heights, wings ripping cloth as they spread out, claws uncurling. Continuing it's debilitating scream, the Gargolye leaped with the speed that defyed befief, one huge hand snapping out and grabbing hold of the female as it passed. It smashed into aa few tables and chairs, red eyes glowing with fury as it prepared to rid the galaxy of one of these foul life stealers....

Live Wire
Jan 24th, 2002, 08:40:33 PM
*Live Wire had been walking towards the exit holding morgans hand when a giant hand clamped around her waist and ripped her from his grasp.*

MORGAN!!!!!

*Her high pitched voice rang out across the bar. Her eyes went wide as suddenly some hideous creature that had hidden in the shadows of the bar slowly started squeezing her to death. She struggled in the creatures grasp unable to free herself from his grasp. Inwardly she swore, this was the last time she let the rules of any place leave her disarmed.

Before she had time to think about any reaction the creature smacked her on the head with his huge claws leaving her limp and unconcious in his grasp. The world went black before her eyes and she was defenseless.*

Morgan Evanar
Jan 24th, 2002, 09:01:06 PM
Morgan clearly wasn't the target, but whatever it was may have well just shot him instead.

In the span of a second, his evening had abruptly changed. Now his eyes had dialated to narrow slits, and his body surged with adrenaline. The Desert Eagle and his lightsaber were drawn at the same time, gun in the right and saber in the left.

She had been attacked, unprovoked, for no reason at all. His body writhed inside with fury as he looked at Catherine hanging limp.

" SET. HER. DOWN. NOW." The Jedi Knight's voice rippled through the room with unquestionable athority and presence.

Lochabre Stonewing
Jan 24th, 2002, 09:10:52 PM
"SET. HER. DOWN. NOW"

Lochabre's blazing red eyes looked from the prone form in it's hand, to where the small fleshed one, with a .... glowing rod? and thing that produced stingy things. The glowing rod it didn't know about, but the stingy things it did. And so would the fleshed one who used them, at least until the Gargoyle dismembered them.

[Life Stealer!! Hates them!!! Dies!] it screamed, preparing to rip the female limb from limb

Morgan Evanar
Jan 24th, 2002, 09:32:38 PM
"You," Morgan stared hard into the things eyes, "are mistaken. Set her down now."

The creature was a meter taller and likely a lot heavier than the Jedi, but it didn't weigh on his mind in the least.

There were two things that were likely to happen:
1) Catherine would be set down and he would figure out why she was attacked.

2) He would remove the things limbs with his lightsaber.

He hoped for the former but prepared for the latter.

Lochabre Stonewing
Jan 24th, 2002, 09:49:32 PM
It had it's other hand around the womans midriff, ready to tear the life stealer in half.

[Not mistaken. Fleshed one said this one Life Stealer!! Die!]

However much Life Stealers were hated and exterminated.... there was a seed of doubt in it's hatreed clouded mind. Gargoyles believed in the sanctity of lif, only killing when justified.

A huge foot crunched as it stepped forward on broken tables, blazing red eyes boring in on the small Fleshed one, a drop of acidic spit hitting the floor and hissing as it dissolved. It continued to step until it loomed over the fleshed one and it's glowing rod, as in challenge

Morgan Evanar
Jan 24th, 2002, 10:19:56 PM
He straightend, and looked into the eyes looming above him. Words might win this one, if he was careful.

"Look at her teeth. And her body is too warm to be a life stealer. She doesn't have the proper markings." If it didn't believe him, the saber still hummed steadily, spreading a green glow.

He peered at Catherine again, hoping desperately that the thing would.

Lochabre Stonewing
Jan 24th, 2002, 10:31:22 PM
It had met warm life stealers and life stealers of all different markings... but

[Teeth?]

Fury was beginning to be replaced with confusion

[Explain]

Morgan Evanar
Jan 25th, 2002, 12:22:54 AM
"Some have elongated canines." The saftey on the gun clicked, and pulled his lips back and pointed at his right canine with his pinky.

"Hers should look about the same. But, why are you trusting the words of a complete stranger to attack her?"

Lochabre Stonewing
Jan 25th, 2002, 12:38:00 AM
[Canines?]

Lochabre was now very puzzled. Now his fury was leaving he turned the woman so it could see the face. With surprising gentleness, it felt along the jaw line.

And placed the prone woman to the ground as if she was a prized and delicate possession.

It's red eyes bored in on the fleshed one, assessing.

[Then why believe you if not believe other stranger?]

The Shadow Jedi
Jan 25th, 2002, 12:45:45 AM
:: He was just sitting there, not doing anything to bring attention to himself, just smoking his pipe. He saw the sudden and shocking revelation of the strange beast in their midst and also how the Jedi Knight defused the situation.

That was well handled....

He thought for a bit more, before making his decision.

He is ready ::

Morgan Evanar
Jan 25th, 2002, 12:54:20 AM
He quickly crouched beside her, looking her over carefully. Placing a hand gently on her neck, he felt a somewhat weak pulse. She was still breathing, but was cut on her head and bleeding. Medical attention would be required. But first he had to completely placate the thing.

Morgan shook his head and looked back up at the massive creature.

"I can't tell you. But what evidence did he try to present to tell you she was a life stealer? You acted on someone's word you don't know the value of." He almost added, "and thats very dangerous" but decided not to. Hopefully it was smart enough to figure that out.

Lochabre Stonewing
Jan 25th, 2002, 01:23:57 AM
The Gargoyle was starting to think this through. It definantly heard a flesh one speak of vampires and Lochabare definantly sensed one was about... It let it's mind scroll back....

The massive eyes suddenly narrowed and it's head turned, the beginning's of a snarl in it's throat. There was a life stealer here.... it locked it's guaze of the suddenly still ones that the fleshed one was really pointing to. It forgot the woman and the one with the glowing rod, as it's rage exploded and it attacked the real life stealers. It's high pitch scream resounded as it tore into the Life Stealers, going into a killing frenzy.

Other fleshed ones yelled and a stinging thing fired, only managing to chip the rock hard Gargoyle. Blood and worse were flung about until the Gargoyle was satisfied the Life Stealer was destroyed. Ignoring other fleshed ones with Stinging things, it folded it's wings then crouched, resuming it's relativly motionless and statue like presence, ignoring hte gore around it, the wreckage and the attempts to try and move the huge Gargoyle.

AmazonBabe
Jan 26th, 2002, 05:36:27 AM
:: AB had seen some pretty horrible things in her days, but this one just took the cake for being overly... graphic. Slightly sickened, but too enthralled to leave, she merely placed the spoon back into the half-eaten bowl of root stew and gently pushed it aside. Luckily, the flying gore had missed her. But she'd wait until her appetite returned. ::

:: In the mean time she would continue to quietly observe the scene in the bar. ::