PDA

View Full Version : Looking For a Scoundrel (Sanis)

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 1st, 2002, 12:50:07 PM
Upon entering the bar, Navaria scanned the room slowly, hoping that perhaps luck had been on her side. The person she was looking for always was around Arcan in one form or another.

He wasn't here yet but from what she had heard on the street, he was somewhere on the planet. Eventually he'll make his way to the Bar and Grill. The Knight was in a hurry but what was the point in running around all of Arcan, trying to find one person when you knew in time that they would come to you?

So she took her usual place in the back of the bar, ordered a namana juice, and waited.

Sanis Prent
Feb 1st, 2002, 01:43:15 PM
(I waltzed in from a short trip to the docking bay. I'd bought some supplies for the Layla, and installing new features and running maintenance could take its toll, especially when there was nothing else to do. Lying on my back in an engine manifold for 2 hours ate at me, so I decided I needed a drink.

Wiping away engine grease with a spare rag, I sat down at the bar.)

Neimoidian draft, please.

(While I waited, I arched my back, popping some stiff joints.)

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 1st, 2002, 01:52:42 PM
She waited and sipped at her drink, taking in the local traders and NRSF soldiers that came and went. Things were quiet today and it was a very simple and pleasant atmosphere.

It was uncertain how much time had past but patience did indeed pay off. Sanis walked in looking very much like the Scoundrel he was, but dirty on top of that. His clothes were unkempt and his hands were filthy. There was something else she noticed too and thought that would be a good way to say hello.

Picking up her drink, the Knight walked over to his bar stool and stopped behind Sanis.

"Looks like you could use a comb through that hair of yours."

His hair was a mess, that much was true, but that sentence carried a lot more meaning then just the surface value of the comment.

Sanis Prent
Feb 2nd, 2002, 02:11:57 AM
(I knew the voice...or at least I thought I knew the sound of it. Turning in my seat, I looked at Navaria, half happy to see her, and half looking past her in some kind of nostalgic daydream.

I smiled wistfully)

Never seems like I can get that right, does it?

(I gestured to the seat beside me)

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:57:20 PM
"Apparently not."

Navaria takes a seat next to Sanis and sets her glass down on the bar counter. It was very hard being around him now. She knew the pain and the love of both him and Daleethria ... every little touch, word spoken, and adventure they shared was apart of her like some dream.

It was the price of the gift that had been shared and now Navaria understood what the price truly entailed.

"How have you been?"

Her eyes drifted to his hands and smiled.

"Definitely been cleaner."

Sanis Prent
Feb 3rd, 2002, 12:50:02 AM
(I laughed, working the old rag again to get some of the engine grease free from a few spots.)

Yeah, I've been waist-deep in starship engine. I swear...I never finish working on my ships, just have a hiatus between upgrades.

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:16:20 AM
"The Layla needs an upgrade?"

She frowned.

"It has enough character on its own."

And that frowned was replaced with a far away look.

"Leaks and all. Like having to hit the side of the door in order to get the light to work in the refresher."

Sanis Prent
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:39:20 AM
(I closed my eyes)

Damn, I always forget about that one.

(Looking back at her, I laughed, shrugging)

Always something else that comes up for me to remember.

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 3rd, 2002, 02:33:37 AM
"Should invest in sticky notes."

Her laughter died down. Catching up was quite enjoyable but there was business too.

"Sanis?"

She took a sip of her juice for some strange reason her throat had gone dry.

"I'm glad to have this time with you but I have to be honest. I was looking for you because I need to ask a favor."

Sanis Prent
Feb 4th, 2002, 07:28:00 AM
(I slowly sat my drink down.)

I don't do favors. You know that.

(I looked back at her. She wasn't just a lookalike. If that was it, I'd have left it at that. Navaria and Dalee...I dunno. They were linked somehow. Like she knew all that Dalee knew, and had the same experiences.

I sighed, shaking my head)

But for you...I'd make an exception.

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 4th, 2002, 03:13:26 PM
"I know you don't ..."

Navaria stopped, surprised and flattered to Sanis' words. Her blue eyes softened further.

"Thank you."

She had to stop herself from reaching out and taking his hand. It was a familiar reflex to her, just not one of her own making.

Placing her hands in her lap, she calmed herself.

"I need a ysalamiri. Considering things ... be hard to get it on my own."

Almost every Force user knew of the creature's ability to block the Force. It was a very disorientating feeling to have something so much a part of you to be stopped suddenly. It was like having your eyes taken from you in a split second.

Sanis Prent
Feb 4th, 2002, 06:54:42 PM
Ysalimir?

(I looked into her eyes, trying to glean any kind of meaning to it all)

I was thinking more along the lines of fixing a speeder.

(Sighing, I arched my back, once again running my hands through my hair)

Thats...a tall order, Nav.

(I swigged down more beer, grimacing)

Unlike most things, I can't just pull that one out of my stores, or dial up a contact and have it delivered. Only one place to get them, and thats somewhat directly under Imperial noses. I snagged one a while back, and it didn't exactly make me a popular guy with them.

(I drummed my fingers on the barstool, thinking about it)

Okay, I'll do it. But any backup would be nice.

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 4th, 2002, 11:57:17 PM
She could feel his hesitation and didn't blame him. Getting past the Empire was not a simple request being asked but it was imperative for the greater good. This was just one small part of a much larger adventure.

Navaria was relieved when Sanis said he would do it.

"Thank you ... And you will get that help. I promise because at the very least, I'm going with you."

Sanis Prent
Feb 5th, 2002, 06:05:38 PM
(I took a long sigh, and turned to smile)

Okay. 10 sharp tomorrow, on pad 33. I can carry up to a dozen passengers, but the more that come, the less cozy it'll be.

(I stood up, plunking some credits on the counter. My eyes stayed on Navaria, and my smile widened)

You know, its good to see you...even now.

(I left it at that, and walked away).

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 7th, 2002, 02:04:13 AM
She watched him walk away with a distant look reflected in her eyes. Memories that weren't hers were remembered that caused her chest to tighten.

"It was good to see you too ...."

Taking a deep breath, Navaria got up and left the bar to return to the Council Chambers, trying to leave the mixed emotions behind.