PDA

View Full Version : Who's got my back?

Kal Jericho
Feb 22nd, 2002, 02:37:56 PM
It sure was refreshing to be out of Hutt Space. All the smog and crime and danger had built up to the point where Kal Jericho was about to go insane. He arrived in the Yavin system just three days ago for the start of a well-deserved vacation. And since this was the location of the Jedi Council, it seemed only right to stop by and pay his respects to the protectors of the Galaxy. He strolled into the Bar and Grill with a pleasant grin on his face. it was probably due to the absence of a flying bottle of Zisko wine towards his head (such fond memories of the meltdown Cafe back on Nar Shaddaa). He made his way through the numerous patrons of the establishment, noticing the denizens in the darker corners and the more refined members of society gathered around vast banquet tables. The loner made his way over to the bar and took a seat next to an attractive young lady. She had her back turned and was talking to someone. Probably her husband or something similar. Not that he wished to "try anything" with her - it was the nearest seat to the bar unless you count the free chair next to the Yevethan. Leaning on the mahogany-remeniscent surface, he called out...

"Hey....service..."

Xazor
Feb 22nd, 2002, 10:41:02 PM
Turning around to face the man that just sat next to her, Xazor smiled kindly.

Hey stranger.......haven't seen you around before. Are you knew to the Order....or just visiting?

She spoke as she examined his thoughts. He definatly wasn't from around here, she could tell that for sure. Extending her hand for a greeting, she spoke once more.

My name is Xazor. I am a Jedi here......what's your name?

She asked cordially. He appeared to be a nice guy and did not have the outer qualities of a Sith.....

Kal Jericho
Feb 22nd, 2002, 11:42:38 PM
Kal took her hand in his, and kissed it lightly. He smiled at her, appreciating the friendly greeting. It took a moment to register how attractive she was, after which Kal wondered why he hadn't spoken to her first. Something at the back of his mind reminded him about something, and he let her hand go for fear of holding on too long and coming across as somewhat odd.

"I'm Kal Jericho. Nice to meet you. I'm actually on vacation here for a a few weeks. I finally decided it was time for a well-earned rest."

He spoke clear, with a soft tone. His accent was very refined and uncommon to say the least. The bartender shuffled along in front of the two. Kal smiled at the sullustan.

"I'll have a glass of Socorran Raava please. And..."

Kal turned to Xazor with a questioning look on his face...

"...can I get you anything?"

Xazor
Feb 22nd, 2002, 11:49:01 PM
She smiled at his kindness. It was not to often that a stranger was so nice.

I'll have a small flask of your best whisky.

She said in a gentle tone and then turned back to the man.

It is a pleasure to meet you, Kal.

She smiled for a moment before speaking.

You're on vacation? Now that I think of it....I could use one of those, but I am in the process of training. It is so hard to make time for myself.....

She sighed as she tried to forget everything that had been troubling her lately. This was her time, and she planned to have some fun while she wasn't busy.

Kal Jericho
Feb 23rd, 2002, 12:11:01 AM
The bartender took no time at all in making the drinks. He placed them before the two of them before walking off to serve another customer. Kal took a sip of the light blue liquid, savouring the taste slightly before responding to Xazor...

"I can understand that, training being time consuming. Thankfully, I hear patience is a great Jedi virtue. I imagine the lifestyle's very difficult though. I almost decided to train to become a Jedi. It was a while ago now!"

He picked up the glass again, swigging a mouthful quickly before placing it back on the bar.

Xazor
Feb 23rd, 2002, 12:17:02 AM
Xazor smiled and took a sip from the flask.

Yes, thankfully patience is a virtue of the Jedi. Though, it does not come naturally...

She thought back on how many times she was reminded of this.

The life of a Jedi is not an easy one to live. It takes a lot of hard work, dedication, and determination. Once you decide to become a Jedi.........you basically give them your life.

Taking another needed sip of the whiskey, she set it back on the table and spoke again.

What made you decide against training?

She asked thoughtfully. She could not think of any reasons why becomming a Jedi was a bad thing.....

Kal Jericho
Feb 23rd, 2002, 12:26:25 AM
Kal clasped his hands together and let out a soft sigh. He rubbed his hands together slowly as he spoke...

"Well, I was all set and determined to start my training. But before I could do anything about it...I found out something that was quite crucial!"

He leaned over to her and whispered into her ear gently, a smile already forming on his lips...

("Apparently, you've got to be force sensitive to become a Jedi!")

He leaned back and away from her again, chuckling to himself.

"I was eight years old. My mother decided to wait until I'd been going on about the whole thing for three weeks until she told me I couldn't go. She had a strange sense of humour - couldn't stop laughing after she'd told me. Apparently I cried for days non-stop. But soon after I discovered a new obsession."

Xazor
Feb 23rd, 2002, 12:29:49 AM
Xazor smiled as he told his story.

And your new obsession would be.......?

She asked after he had finished speaking. He was an odd man.........curious in all aspects.

Satine Capashen
Feb 23rd, 2002, 12:34:46 AM
Satine walks up to Xazor and smiles, poking her on the opposite shoulder and making her turn to look in the wrong direction. Satine chuckles and says "You fell for it. I can't believe you fell for it. So, sis, where's Shade? Normally he tags around you."

Seeing Kal, Satine extends his hand, and smiles, his silver eyes twinkling as if he had some mischeif to plan.

"Hi. The name's Satine Capashen."

Xazor
Feb 23rd, 2002, 12:37:46 AM
Xazor grins as Alpha speaks.

Hey bro..... I think he is meditating right now......I am surprised he did not wish to come with me tonight.

She smiled and shrugged a bit as he introduced himself to her knew friend.

Kal Jericho
Feb 23rd, 2002, 12:52:00 AM
Before Xazor's friend distracted her, Kal managed to squeese out the words starfighters, but I've grown out of them now I guess. Kal took the man's hand in his own and gave it a firm shake.

"Nice to meet you Satine. I'm Kal Jericho. Can I get you a drink?"

Xazor
Feb 23rd, 2002, 12:54:23 AM
Xazor smiled slightly.

Sounds interesting....

She said as she made room for Alpha to sit.

Satine Capashen
Feb 23rd, 2002, 10:53:31 AM
"Sure." Satine says, turning to the bartender. "A hot cup of klah please."

After he sits down he looks at Kal, and says, "So, starfighters, huh? Any fighter you favor the most?"

Kal Jericho
Feb 23rd, 2002, 11:31:32 AM
"Well like I said, I've grown out of my childhood obsession with starfighters now."

Kal smiled, remembering how he used to pester his father to take him to the showrooms down the street from their home...

"...but I still use them when they're needed of course. If I had to pick a favourite...I'd say.....pff...an A-9 Vigilance perhaps!"

Satine Capashen
Feb 23rd, 2002, 05:41:52 PM
"A nice fighter...I prefer the Pyro-GX's that Dragon Manufacturing makes."

Satine smiles.

Xazor
Feb 23rd, 2002, 08:24:33 PM
Xazor smiled as they spoke.

I'll stick with "Escape"......

She said, referring to her X-Wing. Alpha knew what she was talking about and returned her smile. She took another sip of her Whiskey and nearly finished the bottle. Setting it back down, she looked to Alpha and spoke.

So, you haven't seen Shade either?

She asked in a curious voice.

Satine Capashen
Feb 24th, 2002, 12:11:31 AM
"Not in a few days..."

Satine nods at the bartender, and takes the steaming cup of klah, taking a sip and enjoying the strong cinammon taste.

Xazor
Feb 24th, 2002, 01:33:06 AM
Odd..........very odd.

She spoke softly and finished her bottle of whisky.

Kal Jericho
Feb 24th, 2002, 12:32:25 PM
Kal took another mouthful of his drink before speaking again...

"Say...any idea's what a guy on vacation could do for fun around here? Something more active than chatting in a bar."

Xazor
Feb 24th, 2002, 03:33:47 PM
Xazor thought a moment.

Do you know how to street fight? If so, maybe you should take up a spar with a padawan in the academy.

She gave a slight laugh and looked at the bar tender.

Could I get another?

She asked, holding up the empty whiskey flask.

Satine Capashen
Feb 24th, 2002, 04:55:35 PM
"Either that, or there are some good clubs in Arcan..."

Xazor
Feb 24th, 2002, 05:03:03 PM
Xazor smiled and nodded.

That there are.........you could also find someone who wants to have a party or something.......usually there are a lot of those people in here.

She grinned as the bar tender brought her a second flask of whiskey. She quickly took a sip of it.

Kal Jericho
Feb 25th, 2002, 04:38:16 PM
"Hmmm.....a par-tay you say. That sounds like a good idea. But something towards the wend of my vacation I think. I'll try and meet a few more people and organise a mother of a blowout."

Garrett swigged down the remnants of his drink before continuing...

"As for fighting - I'm a dab-hand at the ol' swordplay. But most people round here would use lightsabers, I'd imagine."

Xazor
Feb 25th, 2002, 06:24:34 PM
Xazor's ears picked up at the sound of a possible challenge. She grinned slyly as he spoke.

Sword you say? I use a sword as well as a saber. Maybe you would care to join me in a spar sometime?

She questioned with a smile. He had no idea what he was getting into.........

Kal Jericho
Feb 25th, 2002, 06:49:56 PM
"That sounds like fun."

He gestured to the bartender for another drink.

"But you'll have to go easy on me - what with you being a Jedi and all!"

He smiled to the bartender as he brought the drink over...

"How's tomorrow afternoon suit you?"

Xazor
Feb 25th, 2002, 10:16:27 PM
She grinned and nodded.

Sounds fine........if you're brave enough to show.

She joked and took another sip of her drink. She set it back down on the bar and looked back at Kal.

Deal?

She held her arm out.......not for a usual hand shake.........but that of a warrior, taking each other by the forearm rather than the hand...........

Satine Capashen
Feb 25th, 2002, 10:27:35 PM
"You'll find quite a few that perfer a sword to a lightsabre. I use anything I can get my hands on, but Xazor here is pretty good with a sword, os watch out."

Satine gives Xazor a playful push and grins.

Xazor
Feb 25th, 2002, 10:28:40 PM
She smiles back brightly. It was odd to have someone else be so confident in her skills.

Thanks, bro.......

She said in a meaningful tone.

Kal Jericho
Feb 26th, 2002, 09:37:38 AM
"Deal. Tomorrow it is. Around noon. I'm not very familiar with this place yet so would it be okay to meet here beforehand, then we can make our way, to wherever it is we're going, together?"

Xazor
Feb 26th, 2002, 07:15:27 PM
She smiled and nodded.

Good........be here and I shall lead the way........

She said, excited as she thought about the spar.