PDA

View Full Version : Old Haunts...

Ket VanDerveld
Mar 11th, 2002, 05:38:30 PM
Ket made his way into Yoghurt's,slowly,Sith robes flowing around him. My,it had been quite sometime since he was last here. He remebered when he was once a Jedi Padawan here. Has it been that long? He took his usual 2/5th's of Jack Daniels and sat down in the back,looking around,getting a feel for the place once more...

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 11th, 2002, 05:49:13 PM
Thanatos sat at a table with a "Bantha Blaster", a greenish pink fizzy drink, in his hand. He looked around the bar quietly, drinking a little sip at a time so that he could feel the explosions in his throat as the liquid washed down his gullet.

There weren't many people in Yogs tonight, yet there was a strong Force presence about. Having learnt how to track down such things from his Master Verse Dawnstrider, Thanatos focused in on the signature and found it was coming from a blonde man in the back corner of the bar. It must have been one of the Jedi Knights!

Smiling, he got up and headed over to the mans table.

"Hello," he said with a nervous smile and nod.

Ket VanDerveld
Mar 11th, 2002, 06:00:12 PM
He looked to the young Jedi,and quirked a brow. Apparently,this young one couldn't tell a Sith from a Jedi. and what's more...he felt it,it was strange,but unmistakable...This young one was family. He could sense it through the force,yes,this was one of Vega's boys. A Nephew,it seemed. and a Jedi no less. He hoped that perhaps this one may take the path he took years ago,but he would wait and see. as for now,he spoke lowly to the boy...

"Greetings. And you are?"

He would not startle the lad,only because he was family. For now,he would wait and see where this convorsation would lead.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 11th, 2002, 06:02:42 PM
"Thanatos, Thanatos Van-Derveld,"

He beamed on the outside, yet inside he felt the tarnish of his name on him again. He was convinced still that people would judge him because of his connections with his father and the rest of his family.

"Are you a Knight here?"

He grinned a bit.

"You look pretty strong, but I don't recognise you from anywhere!"

Ket VanDerveld
Mar 11th, 2002, 06:06:56 PM
He chuckled lightly at the youth's thoughts.

"I am a Knight...but not from here. I am a Sith."

And with a bit of a grin,and a hint of joy,he uttered the next few words...

"And my name is Ket. Ket Van DerVeld."

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:41:49 PM
A burning sensation filled his cheeks as he backed away a little from the Sith. He wasn't at all ready to face any darksiders. What's more, the man apparently was some relation of his - what a disaster! Everywhere he went he found Van-Dervelds, it was like plague!

"Uhm... I don't remember you."

Ket VanDerveld
Mar 12th, 2002, 04:13:11 PM
Ket just kept chuckling lightly.

"Ah,but you never knew me,young Jedi. I have been gone since long before you were born. Your father is my older brother. Tell me...do the Jedi truely suit you?"

He sipped some JD lightly as he looked upon his young nephew.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 12th, 2002, 04:16:27 PM
His fathers brother?! Ugh. It got worse. Thanatos sighed a bit.

"Of course. I could not live any other way than as a Jedi ... "

He leant back against the wall to his left and smirked coyly. He was very nervous.

"Not after what I have seen."

Ket VanDerveld
Mar 12th, 2002, 05:54:39 PM
"Your feelings betray you,young Jedi. I know you are terrified of this situation. But worry not. I will not hurt a member of my own family...yet.

He chuckled lightly.

"So tell me,what have you seen to make you want to be a Jedi?"

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 13th, 2002, 01:42:19 PM
"My brother kill my own mother, for one."

He'd never really known his mother, but it pained him stil to think about it.

Ket VanDerveld
Mar 13th, 2002, 05:03:17 PM
"True,that could do it. But my parents,at least,the ones i knew,were killed by the Sith. a Lord,to be exact. And the Jedi,oh,he tried to stop him. a Jedi Master...but all too easily,he was defeated. I thought the Jedi would be my path,but i learned quickly,as i hope you will...that the Jedi are weak. I know you want revenge on your brother. Deep down inside,I can feel the anger you have for him welling up. But alas,you will always have to live with that anger,every day,if you stay a Jedi,for they will never let you have revenge upon him. It isnt there way. But the Sith,We know the anger you posess can lead you to greater power than the Jedi's ways could ever bring you. Remember that,young one. I leave it up to you. I tell you now,from my own experiance,leave this place,exact your revenge. And when you do,find me and i will train you,help you to harness the power of the dark side you hold. Your father has it,I have it,and so do you."

He sipped his drink lightly,waiting to see what his nephew would say

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 13th, 2002, 05:05:22 PM
"Becoming a Sith would be the easy way out ... I don't want revenge on my brother, I just want to help make the universe a safer place."

Thanatos' face became very stern and a determined look came over him.

"A safer place from people like you, my father and all of the other Sith at the Empire."