PDA

View Full Version : Off Duty

Sophia Harten
Mar 14th, 2002, 03:09:01 AM
Arcan IV had it's qualities, and one of the qualities Sophia Harten liked about this backwater planet were it's many hidden secrets just waiting to be found and exploited. She was an intelligence operative in the NRSF, and she was good at her work.

But she had just gone off duty recently and had decided on a stop at the infamous Yoghurt's Bar & Grill.

Having ordered a beer, she had seated herself on one of the many stools at the bar's counter, surveying the crowd as it came and went.

She sighed and took another swig from her drink. Just another night on Arcan IV.

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 14th, 2002, 03:11:04 PM
Hji, jI don't thjink jI've met jyou beforrre!

(Taataani leaned across from her barstool, extending a hand, as if a little unsure about the hyuu-mann custom of "shaking hands")

Mjy name'sss Taataanji!

Sophia Harten
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:24:42 PM
Sophia eyed the feline woman, first in the face as she spoke, and then lowering her eyesight to her hand as it was extended. She reached out her own hand, grasping the woman's hand firmly, and shaking it like she meant it. She looked back at Taataani.

Evenin. Name's Sophia Harten.

She released the strangle hold he'd had on the Cizerack's paw, and returned to drinking her beer.

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:34:07 PM
A pleasssurrre to meet jyou, Sssophjia.

(Taataani smiled, her nose scrunching up)

Ssso arrre jyou new arrround herrre?

Sophia Harten
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:41:51 PM
Sophia made a noise, looking up at the wall behind the bar's counter.

Hardly. Though it can be one of the more interesting places in this galaxy.

Sometimes.

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:45:58 PM
jYesss jit can!

(Taa's eyes widened a little, as she fidgeted with her spectacles)

jI never knew Hjyuu-mannsss could be ssso jinterrressstjing. Verrrjy fun. Though jyourrr malesss arrre frrrussstrrratjing!

Sophia Harten
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:58:30 PM
She gave Taataani a side-long glance. She couldn't tell if this female was drunk, or just always acted this way.

I guess they can be.

She frowned, still trying to ponder on whether this woman was drunk or not.

To both accounts.

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 14th, 2002, 07:00:36 PM
(Taa's ears lowered a little, and she smirked)

jYou ssseem a ljittle...prrreoccupjied, Sssophjia. jIsss everrrjythjing alrrrjight?

Sophia Harten
Mar 14th, 2002, 07:47:32 PM
Sophia noticed the creatures long ears droop slightly. She turned to face the cat and smiled.

No, not terribly occupied. Just enjoying a beer on my off-duty time.

She held up the beer for effect. Then she realized, just because she was off duty, didn't mean should couldn't gather info from the various beings in the bar. And this one wanted to talk. Quite rare in most respects. So, she kept the conversation alive.

What about you? Just a night out on the town?

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 14th, 2002, 07:51:55 PM
Oh jyesss, jussst out and about, mjingljing wjith all kjindsss of forrda, of all ssshapesss and sssjizesss. Verrrjy jinterrressstjing thjingsss.

(Taa smiles)

jI neverrr ssseem to jindulge mjyssself back home. Carrrssshouljisss jisss wonderrrfulljy excjitjing, but not verrrjy, how do jyou sssajy...culturrralljy cosssmopoljitan.

(She smiled, gesturing at the woman's rather-conservative outfit)

Arrre jyou jin the mjiljitarrrjy herrre?

Sophia Harten
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:28:22 PM
Sophia smiled.

You could say that. Just came off duty. Needed a place to wind down before heading back to my apartment.

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:53:13 PM
Ohh that sssoundsss terrrrrrjibljy excjitjing!

(Taa's eyes seem to light up)

jI rrrememberrr mjy motherrr usssed to tell me that onljy femalesss wjithout matesss jojined the mjiljitarrrjy...but jit all ssseemsss ssso fun! Gojing frrrom place to place, ssseejing new thjingsss, and the unjiforrrmsss arrre ssso good lookjing.

(She shrugs)

Oh but jit wasssn't forrr me. jI don't thjink jI'm cut out forrr all that dangerrr.

Sophia Harten
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:16:12 PM
Sophia put down her mug and looked at the cat.

What do you do for a living?

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:18:15 PM
jI'm jinto tourrrjisssm.

(Taa removed a dozen or so colorful pamplets from her purse)

jIf jyou'rrre everrr jinterrresssted, therrre arrre ssseverrral verrrjy njice placesss jin Prrrjide ssspace to vjisssjit.

Sophia Harten
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:57:26 PM
Really?

Now quite interested, she leaned in to take a look at the pamphlets. It was true the Cizerack pride had a trade agreement with the New Republic, and yet she wondered if her superiors wouldn't mind her taking a small trip for info-gathering purposes.

My, but there is so much to choose from...

She flipped through the brightly colored pamphlets and then looked up at Taataani.

Which would you recomend? At least as a starting point?

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 14th, 2002, 10:05:16 PM
Oh, well...letsss sssee...

(Taa's pink tongue poked out the corner of her mouth as she flipped through the booklets)

Of courrrssse jyou mussst trrrjy Carrrssshouljisss Prrrjime. jIt'sss the larrrgessst trrrade planet thjisss sssjide of Corrrussscant. Then therrre's alwajysss jIdantjisss, thejy have wonderrrful beachesss therrre...oh...

(Taa held up a blue pamplet, smiling in a sultry manner.)

Thjisss jisss the bessst. Kepaa Brrrensss. Therrre'sss a ljittle rrresssorrrt jin the mountajinsss of the norrrth contjinent, jin a town called Kaadaarree. Thejy have the bessst mud bathsss jin the galaxjy. Nothjing ljike jit to clearrr the porrresss and make jyou feel ljike a new woman.

(She winked, sliding the booklet into Sophia's hand)

Sophia Harten
Mar 14th, 2002, 10:30:47 PM
Uh-huh.

She looked at the pamphelts a while longer.

I think I just may visit them all, if I can get the time.

And if her superiors approved, she would have all the time she needed to gather relevant inforomation.

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 14th, 2002, 11:41:29 PM
Grrreat!

(Taa slapped a heavy hand on Sophia's shoulder)

jIf jyou do go, jussst tell them Taataanji Meorrrrrrrrreji sssent jyou.

(She winked)

jI get a ljittle commjissssssjion forrr jit.

Sophia Harten
Mar 15th, 2002, 01:26:49 AM
Sophia had just enough reaction time to catch the mug, before it spilled over when Taataani had slapped her shoulder. She righted the mug and set it down, a few drops having slid down the side of the cup. She nodded her head at the Cizerack woman.

Sure. No problem. I'll mention you alright.