PDA

View Full Version : Riddler's Revenge

Willow the Riddler
Mar 1st, 2002, 02:20:10 AM
:: Willow opened the door and looked inside the infamous Yoghurt's B&G. Clinking glasses and cheerful voices could be heard ringing across the room as everybody minded their own business. She smiled slightly and started to weave her way through the tables, choosing one in the far center.

She didn't get too far.

Suddenly Willow lurched forward and fell to her knees, gasping for breath. The shadows that hid from the dim light jeered at her, mocking her because she couldn't fight back. The air was closing in on her and became hot on her skin. Then, as soon as it came it had gone. Taking in a deep, quavering breath, she looked around, her sea-green eyes absorbing everything around her.

Almost everybody had become hushed and stared at her. They were a pool of faces; confused, scared, worried... She sighed and slowly got up, ignoring the rest. Walking over to the destinated table, she pulled out a chair and sat down. Shoulders hunched, she leaned over the table and propped up her elbows, resting the palms of her hands against her cheeks. ::

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 1st, 2002, 05:24:08 PM
The Lupine watched with a raised eyebrow and look of slight shock as a woman who'd entered the bar convulsed violently in the middle of the floor before making her way to a table and calmly sitting down. He found himself standing up and heading towards her, head tilted to the side a little in confusion.

"Uhm, excuse me ... but are you OK?"

Willow the Riddler
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:54:02 PM
:: The voice of a young male made Willow's head snap up, the look of unexpectation written on her face. ::

Yes, I believe I am..

Xazor
Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:14:17 PM
It had been a pretty quiet evening, as usual. Xazor, dressed in her red robes stood talking with her friends as they laughed and joked. Her blonde hair fell gently around her face and her blue eyes were glinted with silver as the light shown on them. Suddenly, she saw a woman enter the bar and convulse on the floor, and then witnessed her calmly sitting down at a table. She walked away from the small group of people she was talking to and approached the woman. Xazor saw a man speaking to her and decided to join them.

My name is Xazor, are you alright? Can I get you anything?

She spoke in a gentle voice and smiled at the woman who appeared a little shaken.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 3rd, 2002, 07:42:46 AM
Thanatos glanced up at the fair haired girl before looking back down at the other woman, a look of concern on his face.

"Are you sure? What just happened then didn't look too ... nice."

Xazor
Mar 3rd, 2002, 01:43:30 PM
Xazor glanced at Thanatos and then her eyes fell on the woman.

I agree, are you sure you're alright?

Xazor asked in a soft voice. She thought it was very nice of Thanatos to worry about the woman, he had a caring nature about him.

Willow the Riddler
Mar 5th, 2002, 12:39:24 AM
Oh, it just be disorders, 'tis all. Me be fine, and both you?

:: Here Willow paused and forced a small smile at the looks of confusion on their faces. Obviously she should speak the "normal" language, instead of her own. ::

In other words, it's usually passed off for claustrophobia.

:: She gestured to the empty chairs at her table. ::

Mind if you accompany an insane, babbling riddler?

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 5th, 2002, 01:42:55 PM
Thanatos laughed quietly, smiling at he sat down. The mention of her being a riddler was what he found humerous.

"If you're a riddler, how about you give us a riddle?"

Willow the Riddler
Mar 5th, 2002, 06:59:24 PM
:: She cleared her throat lightly, as if testing her voice. ::

.. And what sort of riddle are you looking for? About fate or destiny? Life or death? Hmm...?

Ah, no matter. You only asked for one, yet you did not specify...

"They are the Nightmares of Beauty and Love
Yet they show Anger and Hate.
They are the Maidens, the Virgins of Seas
That live forever, wild and free."

:: Her voice now seemed to take on a dramatic effect as she pushed back her chair and stood. She placed her right hand over her heart as if in mockery of salutes. ::

"Striking Fear in Sailors' Hearts
and Lust in Foolish Men,
They guard their treasures preciously
and Kill the Lost Mercilessly."

:: Sitting back down in her chair, Willow watched the man and woman's reaction carefully. ::

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 6th, 2002, 03:21:20 PM
"Whoever they are, they don't sound very nice," he said with a laugh.

"I'll throw in a guess, since they sound like Sirens to me!"

Xazor
Mar 6th, 2002, 08:34:57 PM
Yes.......actually I agree with you, Thanatos. They do sound like Sirens........

Xazor thought, puzzled for a moment.

Willow the Riddler
Mar 8th, 2002, 07:02:34 PM
:: She grinned and clapped her hands lightly. ::

Bravo, to both of you.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 9th, 2002, 04:57:52 AM
His face brightened up.

"I was right? Wow."

He smiled smugly.

"I didn't even use the force to read your mind either," Thanatos said with a wink.

Xazor
Mar 9th, 2002, 06:01:10 PM
Xazor grinned and nodded.

That was a good one. Do you write your own riddles? I love writing.......I write poetry, songs, and short stories in my spare time. Though.......I was never good with writing riddles. That is a talent for another, such as yourself, I suppose.....

She said with a cheerful smile.

Willow the Riddler
Mar 10th, 2002, 03:50:35 PM
:: Willow raised an eyebrow at the man's comment, then laughed. ::

Well, that's nice to know.

:: She looked at the woman and nodded slightly, returning her smile. ::

Aye, of course I write my own riddles. What sort of riddler would I be, using ones that aren't mine?

:: She paused, then spoke again. ::

I never did catch both of your names.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 11th, 2002, 03:02:46 PM
"Oh! I'm sorry! I'm Thanatos," he said with a goofy looking smile.

"This is Xazor," he said nodding to the side, indicating towards his fellow Padawan.

Xazor
Mar 11th, 2002, 08:53:04 PM
Xazor smiled and nodded.

Yes, I am Xazor as he said. We are padawans here at the Greater Jedi Order and share the same Master, Verse Dawnstrider. Where are you from?

Xazor asked with curiosity.

Willow the Riddler
Mar 16th, 2002, 03:16:55 AM
I go where I please - beyond the lands and above the seas.

:: She smiled slightly. ::

I had already assumed you two were Jedis.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 16th, 2002, 09:28:10 AM
"Are we that obvious?"

Thanatos grinned.