PDA

View Full Version : Late night boredom

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:05:38 PM
Nothing to do. No one around. Thanatos couldn't get to sleep. His mind was too active with thoughts of training; the burden of the world was on his shoulders. With a sigh, he lifted his drink and took a little sip - it was something fruity, he didn't know what, but it tasted nice. With a yawn, he glanced around and set his drink down on the table. He closed his eyes and leant back in his chair, wondering where everyone was.

Xazor
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:12:16 PM
Xazor had been sitting at the bar with a group of people when she noticed her friend walk in.....alone. She smiled and left her friends and approached him. Laying a gentle hand on his shoulder, she spoke softly.

You look tired.....want some company?

She questioned with a smile.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:14:12 PM
In his state of hyper alertness, he turned to look at Xazor even before she had spoken to him. With such a lack of sleep he was very much awake, and very aware of what was going on around him.

Thanatos smiled a bit, "Sure ... you want a drink?"

Xazor
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:16:56 PM
She took the empty seat beside him and smiled.

Sure, I'll take a flask of whisky......you need something too stay awake when the place is so dead.

She said as she looked around at the few faces in the bar. Usually it was pretty busy.....especially at this hour....but somthing was different about this night and hardly anyone was there.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:19:38 PM
In the silence of the bar the tender had heard Xazors order as she had said it.

"Yeah... it's pretty eerie, huh? I've never seen it so quiet!"

He laughed a bit, glancing downwards, "Saying that, I've not been here very often .. so I wouldn't know, really."

Xazor
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:26:19 PM
You should come here more often.....and if you have no one to talk to, ask me and I'll go! Chances are that I am already here, though. I love it here when I am not training.....it is a good place to get away and the food is great!

She laughed quietly to herself as she noticed the bar tender bringing the flask to her. He set it down and she thanked him as she opened it and took a sip.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:29:44 PM
"It seems like a really nice place,"

Thanatos nodded to himself as he looked around. The decor was pleasant as was the food and drink, definetly a place he could get used to hanging around in. Much nicer than Rama's Corner by far. It was more secure too, as weapons were rarely allowed into the B and G.

He glanced back at her as she opened up her flask. Whiskey! Strong stuff, he wasn't much of an alcohol drinker, mainly because he'd never been able to get served it - Rama's refused him each time, by specific order of his father so that 'the boy would not become intoxicated and do something stupid like join the Jedi'. Thanatos sighed a bit. It was time to live a little.

"Hey... can I have a little sip? I've never tasted whiskey before," he said with a bit of a grin.

Cherice St Hilare
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:31:38 PM
(Cherice had been sitting at a table across from a male's when a feminine voice was heard. Sounding familiar, she turned her head to see Xazor, happy as ever, chatting. Smiling slightly, she got up and placed a hand on her shoulder, leaned down, and whispered in her ear.)

" Boo. "

Xazor
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:37:55 PM
Xazor nodded to Thanatos.

Here, try as much as you like!

She smiled as he took the flask from her hand. Suddenly she felt a chill run through the room and down her spine....and then she heard the voice of one too familiar to her. Quickly turning around, she smiled at the one who spoke.

Greetings, Cherice......it's been a while.......

She said softly.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:40:46 PM
Thanatos picked up the flask and peered inside. This would be the first time he'd tried alcohol - he felt like such a kid ... well, he was a kid really, but ...

"Bottoms up," he murmured to himself as he lifted the flask.

He didn't put the flask down for at least 20 seconds. He did, infact, chug for this whole period of time, and drunk at least 2 thirds of the liquid that was held inside the container. After this, he calmly placed the flask down and blinked, before proceding to hiccup.

"Mmm. Warm."

Xazor
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:42:33 PM
Xazor laughed as he set the flask down.

Enjoy it, did you?

She asked with curiosity.

Cherice St Hilare
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:43:01 PM
(Glancing up, Cherice saw a male sitting at the table, downing some alcohol. She wrinkled up her nose slightly at his behavior then glanced back down at Xazor, removing her hand.)

" I'm sorry ... Was I interrupting something? "

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:45:54 PM
Thanatos thought for a studious moment or two, savouring the taste in his mouth. It was quite nice, though it did make him feel a tiny bit sick.

"Mhmm!"

He gave an enthusiastic nod. He'd been missing out on a pleasant experience for a long time, such a shame! This whiskey stuff was good, he'd have to remember to buy some more in the future.

Thanatos blinked then, noticing the other girl. He didn't recognise her, but smiled to her anyway.

"Hi."

Xazor
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:48:49 PM
Xazor shook her head and smiled.

No, Cherice....you were not interrupting anything. This is my friend Thanatos, and we were just talking. If you'd like to join us, you may.....

She offered her kindly.

Thanatos, do not get close to her whatever you do......don't ask why and don't say anything about it.....

She relayed to him through the Force so only he could hear.

Cherice St Hilare
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:50:07 PM
(Cherice lazily blinked her blue eyes while watching the male. At least he had good manners, even after all that drink.)

" Well, if I'm not interrupting anything, then I'll gladly join you. "

(She felt slightly uncomfortable as she pulled out the chair and sat down.)

" Greetings, Thanatos. "

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:53:01 PM
He sniffed a little. His Lupine sense of smell told him that this girl was not normal ... curious. He peered at her, one eye violet the other cyan.

"Good to meet you," he said lightly.

In his mind, he spoke to Xazor,

"Ok... then.."

Xazor
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:04:10 PM
She smiled as she looked back and forth between the two.

So, how have you been Cherice?

She asked with a smile.

Cherice St Hilare
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:08:25 PM
" Me ? Oh, I've been fine, I suppose. Although I must admit that Life is quite different now ... "

(That was, if it could be said that Cherice had Life within her. Being that she had no soul, was it even possible for her to "live" ? She sighed slightly and brushed aside a strand of silver hair.)

" And you two? "

Xazor
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:11:42 PM
Xazor smiled and nodded.

Life is well for me. I am training hard to become a Warrior Jedi Knight, and have been on quite a few missions from the last time I saw you.......

She said, recalling their last meeting.......

Cherice St Hilare
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:21:09 PM
" I wish you luck on your training. As for me, well, maybe I'll see you on combat field. "

(She grinned slightly, running her tongue over her slightly extended canines. She could feel it inside that Xazor was recalling their previous encounter (http://pub56.ezboard.com/fgjofrm2.showMessageRange?topicID=1572.topic&start=1&stop=20
).)

Xazor
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:24:12 PM
Xazor gave her a curious look.

You do battle? Did you join an Order?

She asked inquisitivly.

Cherice St Hilare
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:34:42 PM
" Unfortunately, yes. Can't wait until I get what I want, though. Then I'll leave that dreadful place as soon as possible. "

Xazor
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:38:40 PM
Which one? You get something, like what?

She asked curiously.

Cherice St Hilare
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:43:37 PM
" ... I joined the Sith Order, and like I said, I can't wait until I finally receive what I want. And as for what I want, time will tell. And YOU, of all people, shall be the first to know. "

(Cherice's expression remained blank, as if her words were a simple nothing; when indeed they held a powerful impact.)

Xazor
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:46:08 PM
A puzzled look came over Xazor's face. She shook her head with a questioning look.

Really, now? So.....you are a Sith? And.....I shall find out what you want.......first?

She asked cautiously.

Cherice St Hilare
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:57:41 PM
" Of course you will. After all, you'll always be the first to know ... After what happened. "

(Cherice frowned slightly.)

Xazor
Mar 18th, 2002, 07:03:33 PM
Xazor looked down at the table for a moment. Oh yeah....... She was reminded once again.

Oh....isn't that lovely......

She said softly.

Cherice St Hilare
Mar 18th, 2002, 07:15:20 PM
(Cherice had to laugh at Xazor's comment.)

" Yes, yes it is. "

Xazor
Mar 18th, 2002, 07:47:02 PM
Xazor shook her head, uncertain of the meaning behind Cherice's words.

So, you did not wish to join the Sith Order and stay? Watch out......they will suck you in.......

She said with warning.

Cherice St Hilare
Mar 18th, 2002, 09:36:11 PM
(Cherice tilted her head to the side.)

" You mean they'll try, but won't succeed. "

Xazor
Mar 19th, 2002, 12:02:58 AM
Xazor laughed slightly.

Oh, okay......I am glad you're so sure......

She said softly as she took the flask from Thanatos and took a sip, setting it down between she and him again.

Cherice St Hilare
Mar 19th, 2002, 12:55:48 AM
(Cherice watched as Xazor took a sip from the flask that apparantly she had been sharing with the male, Thanatos. She arched an eyebrow inquisitively but daren't say a word, lest she get them both rifled up. However, there was something about Thanatos that made Cherice pause and do a mental doubletake. Maybe it was his eyes, his scent, or the way he presented himself. Either one, he had caught her interest ... For better or for worst.

Crossing her legs, she glanced at Xazor, a small smile creeping on her face. It was almost as if she was taking her time in the akward silence that was going on. She decided to send her a Force message.)

' Mind telling me about your new friend ? '

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 19th, 2002, 02:00:19 PM
Thanatos watched the unfamiliar girl. She had partially elongated canines, much like his - only a little shorter. He kept his lips sealed tightly in an attempt to his the fang-like teeth, eyes falling out of embarassment. In some ways he treasured his race, whilst others he didn't.

Xazor
Mar 19th, 2002, 11:03:04 PM
You won't get to him, Cherice........I won't let you........

She said to her through the Force. Looking at Thanatos, she smiled gently.

His name is Thanatos Van Derveld. He is about my age.......but he won't let you get to him.....I can guarantee it.......

She said quietly.

Cherice St Hilare
Mar 19th, 2002, 11:38:41 PM
(Cherice laughed, a smile flitting her face.)

' And just what would I do to him? Bite him? '

(Oh, how easy it was to tell when someone didn't trust you. It was quite obvious to Cherice that Xazor didn't trust her one bit. She sent another Force message.)

' He is quite beautiful, isn't he? He seems to have a rugged look about him going on. If I didn't know any better, he reminds me of a free and wild wolf ... '

Xazor
Mar 19th, 2002, 11:45:27 PM
Yeah, one that is going to stay under my watch.......

She said through the Force. She looked cautiously at Cherice....of course Xazor didn't trust her anymore. She'd be stupid to....

Cherice St Hilare
Mar 19th, 2002, 11:51:00 PM
' So now you're his bodyguard, hm? '

(She smiled slightly.)

' No need to worry, I've learned how to harness my hunger and use it at my advantage. '

Xazor
Mar 19th, 2002, 11:54:33 PM
Yeah, you could call me that.......he is my Master's other padawan.....like a brother to me.

She said through the Force, crossing her arms over her chest.

Harness your hunger for your advantage? That's nice.........

Xazor said outloud on accident. She looked surprised then and spoke.

Oops, sorry......

She said suddenly as she looked over at Thanatos.

She will eat your soul.....I didn't want to tell you, but now I am......

She told him through the Force so that only he heard.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 20th, 2002, 02:12:47 PM
It was then that his lips parted and his fangs showed a little. He wasn't at all scared of this supposed 'soul sucker'.

"If all you are going to do is sit here and taunt us, then I suggest you leave."

He spoke sternly, staring stonily at the girl.

Cherice St Hilare
Mar 20th, 2002, 06:33:49 PM
(Cherice blinked, somewhat startled by Thanatos's remark. She saw his canines but pretended to take no notice.)

" I don't believe I was taunting, but it's obvious enough when one isn't welcome. "

(Standing up, she adressed Xazor coldly.)

" So much for us being friends, eh? You start blaming me for things that you did to ME, then get this ... this ... male over here to judge me, when he doesn't even know me ?! "

(Her voice carried a hint of anger as she grit her teeth together angrily. She had thought better of Xazor, but obviously she was wrong.)

Cherice St Hilare
Mar 20th, 2002, 06:36:42 PM
OOC ~ Eep, I double posted ! Sorry.

Xazor
Mar 20th, 2002, 08:07:17 PM
Xazor shook her head sadly.

Yeah, so much for us being friends. Friends don't threaten one another! "You'll be the first to know because of what happened....." yeah, you sure were a friend to me, Cherice......after all I had done for you!

Xazor was not angered, but disappointed that things had turned out this way.

Cherice St Hilare
Mar 20th, 2002, 08:33:50 PM
" When I said that, I meant you would be the first to know because ... Well, now you will always know. I didn't mean it in a threatening way. "

(She frowned slightly. Obviously she had misled Xazor earlier.)

Xazor
Mar 20th, 2002, 10:41:46 PM
Xazor sighed and nodded.

Very well........I'll take your word for it. Just do not.....you know....intrude on my friend here......please.

She said softly. She wanted to be Cherice's friend....but she didn't want something bad to happen to anyone else because she was.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 21st, 2002, 03:24:26 PM
Thanatos stared up at the girl. He could hear what she was speaking to Xazor about, and had began to see into her mind. Though it was not his place to expel her from the bar, he wouldn't take any sort of hassle from anyone.

"If you are going to be civil, then you are welcome to sit with us..."

He glanced down. He felt a bit embarassed.

Cherice St Hilare
Mar 21st, 2002, 11:56:28 PM
' And why would I do that to him? '

(Cherice then glanced at Thanatos and smiled slightly. The poor boy, he probably didn't even know it, but he still appeared as nice and adorable as ever. Nodding to him, she replied.)

" I always try to keep my manners by my side, Thanatos. "

(She sat back down and sighed slightly - hopefully she wasn't making a fool of herself.)

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 22nd, 2002, 01:48:31 PM
He took in a deep breath and calmed himself. He had almost lashed out at the girl then - he had to keep himself under control more.

"I'm sorry if I was rude.."