PDA

View Full Version : One Sith plus 2/5ths JD equals depression

Ket VanDerveld
Mar 19th, 2002, 09:24:57 PM
Ket sighed as he made his way into the bar and grill. His long black robes seemed to hang heavily on him this night. He sat down at a table near the back,and pulled back his hood as the server droid aproached him.

"A bottle of Jack Daniels,a bucket of Ice and an empty glass please."

The droid obediantly went back to the bar to procure him his drink. Ket looked about,watching padawans talk to each other,smiles on their faces. Ket took the drink from the droid,ad put some ice in the glass,pouring in 2/5ths worth of JD. He sipped it lightly,and mused that not many Jedi drank JD,for he could tell this was of particularly old stock. He shrugged and drank the JD,one glass after another...

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 19th, 2002, 10:29:56 PM
"I heard you get a firey heart if you drink that stuff too fast!"

Thud. Accompanying the sound of a rather heavy book being placed on a chair was the sight of a littleboys head, popping up over the table. He looked particularly cheerful, despite the state the bar was currently in.

"Hi there, I don't believe we've met; I'm Loki Ahmrah." He smiled, usually this was the part when he'd hold out a hand to shake, yet as of late that hasn't been a worthwhile gesture.

"It's a shame to see the bar in such a state isn't it? After last night, a group of bad guys got into a fight with some of my friends and this place was left in ruin."

He looked around, it was a sad sight and he frowned until he returned his gaze upon the man who was sat opposite.

"I'm sorry!" He exclaimed, feeling a little embarrassed, "I didn't ask your name, you are?"

Alana Stormcloud
Mar 19th, 2002, 10:30:15 PM
Alana walked into the bar. She had just been out hunting and had fed. She sensed a familiar force presence in the bar. She had not met this man before but she had seen him around Rama's from time to time. What a pleasure a Sith among rabble. Alana moved up beside his table her eyes lit with a fiery glow that always showed when she had fed well. "May I join you brother of the Sith?" Alana said in a soft voice though the bar was loud her words reached him as if directly whispered into his ear...

Ket VanDerveld
Mar 19th, 2002, 10:35:55 PM
Ket looked to the boy,after having ingested a good quantity of the stuff,and laughed.

"You got that right,little one. And my name is Ket,Ket Van Derveld. and I am one of the bad guys...a Sith Knight to be exact."

He grinned rather evily and then turned to Alana. Ah yes,the ravishing vampire Sith lady he had seen.

"Of course,Alana,be my guest..."

Alana Stormcloud
Mar 19th, 2002, 10:45:32 PM
Alana smiled at Ket and sat down her eyebrows going up at the sight of a child in the bar. "Haven't I seen you around some where young one?" She questioned. Leaning toward Ket she grinned. "What brings you to this side of town and what is it you are drinking smells familiar," she laughed as she pulled out her own supply of blood meed. Holding it up she flashed her sharp teeth at him. "Would you care to join me, the flavor is something you just don't want to miss out on." She turned toward the small boy waiving a service droid over. "How about you would you care for something I don't think blood meed would suit your tastes little one. She said with a wink...

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 19th, 2002, 10:59:01 PM
"Well..." Was Loki's innitial response, he really hadn't the faintest idea what to say.

He had only just heard about SIth last night from Xazor, she hadn't told him a great deal and now he's sitting with two of them? It was a very peculiar situation. Loki's nose wrinkled and he pushed up his glasses.

"...I know Jedi and Sith hardly see eye to eye, but the thought of me even beginning some sort of conflict with the one, let alone two of you guys is absurd. So I'm glad we can be civil." He finished with a smile.

"Pleasure to meet you Ket, and you're Alana; that's a lovely name." He paused and ordered a sparkling water from the droid then turn back to the Sith duo, "Blood meed?" He repeated, then added with a smile, "I've tried a lot of strane things lately, thanks to a Cizerack friend of mine, but I have to draw the line somewhere."

He chuckled and looked at the two for a moment and curiosity got the better of him.

"If I'm honest, this is a fist for me. You've both probably guessed I'm a Padawan Learner by the clothes, fourth month next week." He smiled proudly, "And I was wondering if you could just tell me a little about yourselves and the Sith in general, I'm not too knowledgeable on such things unfortunately."

He frowned, then his tumbler of water arrived which he paid for then took a sip.

Ket VanDerveld
Mar 19th, 2002, 11:28:13 PM
Ket smiled to Alana.

"No,thank you. I'm partial to JD."

Ket then looked to the young Padawan.

"The Sith...well,for one,the Sith are pracitioners of magic,and train in the ways of the Dark side of the force. We take what we want,go where we please,and do what we feel. We embrace all negative emotion,and allow it to make us stronger. Anger,pain,depression,rage,all these help us to become stronger in the ways of the Dark Side. The Jedi inhibit such ways. They beleive that peace and protecting the innocent is what matters. But remember this...the differance between innocence and guilt is time. everyone will lose innocence one day."

Ket drank more of his JD,chuckling lightly

Alana Stormcloud
Mar 19th, 2002, 11:47:02 PM
Alana nodded at Ket's description of the Sith and the Jedi. She sat back and listened to the chatter of the small precocious child. "Such a mind wasted to the lightside, what a pleasure it would be to show this child true power." Alana thought to herself. Sipping her blood meed she thought of all the trouble that she had as a small child, the loss of her mother and being raised by her uncle. She had been a bounty hunter before she had been turned and had found herself lost when she had lost her lover to death. She had chosen to become a vampyre and her former master Saurron had given her the gift. Though she had discovered Tiberious was alive after she had been turned there was something lost between them to ever go back to what they once were.

Alana leaned toward Loki her gaze soft she had in life always been partial to children. The sight of the small boy had brought back her memories and
had reminded her of a lot of things she did not want to remember. "Tell me Loki what do you see for yourself here, what do he Jedi offer you?" She asked out of curiosity...

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 20th, 2002, 04:36:32 PM
"Ah thank you, that's helped clear up a few things. The concept of the Sith is completely new to me you see."

He took another sip of water, then curiously looked at the surface of the water ripple as he placed the tumbler down on the table. He was quiet for a moment in thought. Then raised his eyes to his company at the table.

"Personally, I prefer to follow the path of light as it were, no offense to either of you, but I just find it odd that one would want to travel down the dark path. Why would anyone want to embrace negative feelings?" He pondered his own question for a second then continued, "Of course negative feelings are needed for us all, it is what makes us individuals, we learn from our pain I guess. But why not accomplish the same goals when embracing peace and happiness. To say you are happy with being sad is a paradox within itself. Once I've answered your question, Alana, I hope you don't mind if I ask you both a question of my own."

He took another sip of water to clear his throat and clasped his hands before him on the table. He smiled pleasantly at them both.

"Well naturally, I'm not psychic!" He joked, "But with regards to the future, my future; I am uncertain. I am here because my parents work for the New Republic and don't want me left on Chandrila with my aunt anymore as they believe it is too dangerous. They brought me here, to Arcan IV and the Jedi Order and I can honestly say, I've never felt safer." He paused, in order to break up his answer and added, "Nor have I ever been so happy and content with where I am in my life; I have lot's of wonderful friends, I've been places and Master Hicchoru is teaching me to listen to the Force within. It's a wonderful feeling you know, just to listen."

He frowned a little, realising he had gone off on a tangent, then clearing his throat, went on.

"At the moment, I'm satisfied with taking this one day at a time, I don't want to mould my life years ahead, so that I am resitricted to specific roads, on the contrary, I'd much rather allow fate to shape my destiny. So, I guess it's a pretty Jedi-ish thing to say, but I'm placing my future in the hands of the Force."

He smiled, happy with his answer but hoping that he had satisfied his new acquaintances curiosity.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you this: Every morning when you wake up, are you truely happy with your life, with the prospects of the day ahead? Because personally, I couldn't be happy with being condemned to a life of misery and suffering. What are your thoughts on that. Are you both happy?"

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 20th, 2002, 04:47:26 PM
Than watched his uncle Ket from the wings of the bar. He didn't know the man, and in all honesty he didn't think he wanted to - he socialized with his father, and quite obviously was a Sith! Not exactly someone he should be becoming friends with. Still though, he liked to watch him. It was nice to see a family member of his who could be civil for more than five minutes.

Ket VanDerveld
Mar 20th, 2002, 06:31:41 PM
Ket nodded as Loki spoke. Very knowledgable for a lad. He podered his question,and then spoke quietly.

"You know,I don't feel happy every day when i wake up. But that's what makes me who i am. I have anger,joy,rage and happiness all at the same time. I do not surpress my anger,because my anger is just as important as my joy. Sure,Maybe the day before i turned left when i should have turned right,but I don't regret it. It's my pain that makes me who i am,and i use it to gather strength. I let my emotion take control,and I let it guide me down the Dark Path. I enjoy killing,maiming,torture and other evils. I am sadistic,and I am hateful. But I can be nice,and happy and helpful. I choose to follow the Dark Path because of vengence and power. I see no need to help someone who cannot help themselves. The strong overpower the weak,and that is the way of the universe. Who are we to challenge the way things have always been? The Jedi seek to defend the weak and powerless,and the Sith seek to destroy them. The Sith follow the timeless way of the universe,and of the Force,while the Jedi try and stop it."

Ket nodded to himself,and nodded to his nephew as he sipped his JD slowly.

Natia Lerf
Mar 20th, 2002, 07:12:17 PM
*Natia slowly hobbles into the room, her ice blue eyes looking around for anyone she knows. She smiles as she spots one of her few friends, Loki, talking with a couple of ppl. She slowly makes her way over to them with the assistance of her crutches. Her young face is rather cheerful as it has been since she arrived. She reaches the small group just as Ket is finished with what he is saying. She shakes her head slightly before saying cheerfully*

Hi Loki. Who you talking to??

*Natia looks at Ket with a look of mistrust which she gives all male strangers she comes across. She then shifts her weight slightly so her crutches have most of her weight balanced carefully on them as she looks back to Loki and then back to Ket. As she is looking at Ket again, she frowns and shakes her head slightly, thinking that she does not trust the way this man is acting. She moves one of her hands from one of her crutches and rests it on Loki's shoulder with a quiet whisper*

Be careful Loki. I don't trust the way this man acts and speaks. Reminds me to much of my legal guardian.

Athena Lady Darknss
Mar 20th, 2002, 09:36:15 PM
Athena made her way into Yog's. She was not really liked here. She had way to many incounters with Xazor. And the last time she was here, she ahd just finished a fight with Verse. Athena noticed Ket and Alana sitting with two others.

The Sith made her way over to the group, stepping over a few random pieces of the bar. She drug her finger nails along the back of Ket's neck and smiled to Alana.

" I see there is a group gathering and I was not invited?? "

She looked at the two others and offered a smile.

" Ket, Alana how are you? "

Athena leaned over Ket's left shoulder and took his glass of JD...

" May I Ket? "

Alana Stormcloud
Mar 20th, 2002, 09:53:25 PM
Alana turned to the small girl that appeared hurt. "You will not be harmed by us little one, we are not here to threaten or hurt children." Alana grinned at the girl.

"Athena, what a pleasure. How are you this evening? I would have invited you but I just happened upon Ket here and thought I would say hello to a fellow Sith. Loki here as been telling us about the joy he finds in the light and we are telling him how much more well rounded we are." Alana gave Ket a grin. "Join us Athena would you care for some blood meed or perhaps something else?"

Athena Lady Darknss
Mar 20th, 2002, 10:04:44 PM
Athena smiled at Loki and the hurt child. Then looked at Alana.

" You know Raz has tried to get me to drink that. Its just not my thing. Thanks. Although I might take a sip of Kets JD though. "

Ket VanDerveld
Mar 20th, 2002, 11:29:51 PM
Ket chuckled and gave athena a nod as a server droid brought another glass for him. He filled it with 2/5ths of JD and sipped it lightly.

"Good to see you,Athena. Your always welcome to join us."

He then looked to the small girl.

"My dear little one,I will not harm you. You are still young yet,and still are able to change your mind about many things. You may find redemption in the divine way yet..."

Ket smiled and sipped his JD,leaning back in the chair.

Athena Lady Darknss
Mar 20th, 2002, 11:35:05 PM
" wonderful Ket. And thank you. "

Athena took a sip of the JD not her normal drink but she was doing things for other reasons. She smiled at the little one both Ket and Alana were talking too.

" Child what happened to you? "

Elieen Cross
Mar 20th, 2002, 11:40:14 PM
"Redemption? What a group of hypocritical liars" I muttered under my breath, walking past and hearing some of the conversation. "The only redemption a Dark Sider gets is death"

It always amazed me the capacity the Dark Side had for delusions and lies. And the deeper you got into it, the more blinded you were until it destroyed you. Like honey the lies of the Devil are to taste, but bitter they are to the stomach.

Natia Lerf
Mar 21st, 2002, 09:12:16 PM
*Natia watches as Athena joins the small group of them at the table. She then looks at Alana*

I have heard that before Miss, I have heard it many times from ppl like my legal guardian, but look where it got me. It got me here using these crutches.

*Natia speaks this with alot of hate in her voice. She then looks back at Ket, mistrust still very evident in her eyes before looking back at Athena, the look of mistrust leaving her eyes. Before saying anything, she carefully sits down on a chair beside Loki and rests her crutches beside her up against the table*

I know that you all may think that I am injured, in that you are both correct and wrong. I have healed as much as I am capable of since my legal guardian last saw me. At that time, he tried teaching me things, things that if I learned them would hurt others. I refused due to my own stupidity and as a result, he beat me which I very much deserved because I am both a stupid and ugly girl. A nice person came and helped me by stopping my legal guardian. I think the girl's name is Aleona. She then took me to a hospital where the doctors there tried to heal me as best they could and as a result, I can still walk, but I have to have some assistance so I use crutches.

*Natia does not know why, but she seems to start feeling comfortable around this small group of ppl, around them all except Ket since he is a male and she does not know him*

I am sorry that I am boring you with my past.

*Natia lowers her head, believing that she has done something wrong*

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 22nd, 2002, 01:50:56 PM
Than smiled a bit as Ket nodded to him. He got up from his seat and approached his table. Why? Well, he felt quite comfortable around his uncle Ket. Though he may have been a Sith, he was nice to Thanatos and didn't seem like a threat at all.

"Good evening, uncle!"

He spoke cheerily, not in the tone a Jedi would address a Sith, but more a family member to another.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 22nd, 2002, 01:51:34 PM
"Hi Natia!" Loki said with pleasant suprise, "It's great to see ya again."

His company of Sith had just grown from a dynamic duo to a terrible trio and it was rather daunting for him, it was natural to feel uncomfortable when swarmed by adults, especially Sith adults at that. So when Natia appeared he was greatly relieved and he relaxed a little. He looked at the third Sith who had just arrived, another lady to whom he smiled.

"Hi...Athena is it?" He'd just heard one of the other Sith call her that, he was certain of it, "Nice to meet you! I'm Loki Ahmrah."

When Alana said that they were much more well rounded, the little boy stuck his tongue out jokingly at her.

He could see the doubt in Natia's eyes in the presence of Ket and once she'd climbed onto her seat and whispered her doubts, Loki nudged her playfully and gave her a wink, the message he was trying to put across was, "It'll be alright!" But he didn't want to be too obvious in front of present company.

His heart sank when he heard his friend re-tell her tale of how she had been beaten and mistreated when she was younger. He had made a promise to himself that he'd never let anyone lay a finger on them as long as long as he still had breath within him.

When she'd finished, he placed two fingers under her chin and gently lifted her head back up and faced her, he looked right into her eyes and said, "Hey! You're not stupid, you're smart. You're not ugly, you're the prettiest girl on Arcan, and you're not boring, like I said, you're cool. Never forget that!" He smiled Natia and then turned, looking back to the trio of Sith and with a nod, gesturing towards Natia, he said, "Tell her!"

Ket VanDerveld
Mar 22nd, 2002, 03:40:07 PM
Ket looked to Eileen,and...laughed. Not loudly,but merely to himself.

"Listen to yuor own words,dear girl. 'The only redemption a dark sider gets is death'? You already are on the path to the Dark Side. You have much hate in you. Perhaps you should take a step back and truely find out who you are,because it is apparent that you do not."

Ket then looked to the other little one who had joined them. He could feel her mistrust for him.

"Do not worry,small one,I will not harm you. We are three Sith,and if we did anything,we would most certainly be killed on the spot. Remember,we are in the middle of the Jedi's homeground."

Ket looked to Loki.

"Loki,I will say,she is a beautiful little girl,but as for smart and 'cool',I cannot say. For I have no way of knowing such things when i have only met her."

And then he noticed his nephew. He smiled to him,as a family member would to another.

"Ahh Thanatos! Come,lad,sit down."

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 22nd, 2002, 04:08:25 PM
He pulled out a seat beside Ket and span it around so that he as sitting down on it with arms resting on the back of the chair. He smiled a bit, looking around at everyone.

"What're you doing back here, Ket? I didn't think Sith were allowed to come and talk with the Jedi freely!"

Ket VanDerveld
Mar 22nd, 2002, 06:40:28 PM
Ket laughed a bit.

"Young Thanatos,you must realize,hear at Yog's,everyone is allowed,provided they cause no toruble. I haven;t caused trouble,therefore,i am allowed to be here."

Ket smiled and sipped his JD.

Natia Lerf
Mar 22nd, 2002, 06:49:26 PM
*Natia watches Thanatos approach the group. She looks at him with the same mistrust that she did Ket before looking at Loki and smiling before whispering to Loki*

I know.

*Natia slowly shakes her head slightly*

No Loki, I am stupid, ugly, and I am boring. If I wasn't stupid,ugly, and boring, I would have had a much better life.

*Natia looks back at Ket, mistrust is still clearly in her eyes*

It does not matter if we are in the middle of Jedi's homeground. If you wish to harm us, you would and then leave before anyone could stop you or you would leave when ppl tried to stop you. That is the way that Sith are.

*Natia speaks that last bit with hatred clearly in her voice. She then looks between Ket, Thanatos, Alana, and Athena. She keeps her gaze on Athena for a moment before looking down at the table again, knowing that she should not have said so much without permission*

Athena Lady Darknss
Mar 22nd, 2002, 08:04:44 PM
Athena's mind raced. Images of her past life flashed before her. She didn't blink nor speak. The shock of hearing her niece's name almost sent the Sith right back out the door. Her sister Daiq had taken the child.... but now the child had grown, and Athena had not heard of or from Aley in so long.

" Natia... This person you speak of Aleona... What is her last name? "

Athena turned and looked at Loki.

" Pleasure to meet you as well. "

Thanatos VanDerveld
Mar 23rd, 2002, 04:49:07 AM
He looked from his uncle to the others gathered.

"Are these from the Empire too?"

He squinted a bit, trying to read the aura's of the people.

"... Are any of them my fathers apprentices?"

Athena Lady Darknss
Mar 23rd, 2002, 02:54:04 PM
Athena looked over at the young Thanatos...

" Yes Both Alana and I are from the Empire, young Lupine. Neither she nor I are Vega's apprentice's. I am the apprentice of Sith Master Dara Shadowtide, and Alana is the apprentice of Sith Master Jedah Lynch. "

Natia Lerf
Mar 23rd, 2002, 05:42:46 PM
*Natia watches Athena's reaction closely at the mention of Aleona. She is quiet for a couple of moments after Athena speaks to her about her*

Aleona's last name?? I think it's Quinn now. She told me that it used to be Hawk I think.

*Natia smiles and giggles slightly, thinking that she has finally figured out why Athena looks familar to her*

I hear the occasional word from her since she helped me out a few years ago. If you wish, I could inform you of what I know.

Ket VanDerveld
Mar 23rd, 2002, 05:49:44 PM
Ket nodded at Athena's comments to his nephew.

"And I,Thanatos,am the apprentice to Sith Master Rama Sha...but,i do know a few of your father apprentices. I myself are not taking any as of right now..."

Ket then smiled.

"So,Thanatos,what have you been up to lately?"

Athena Lady Darknss
Mar 23rd, 2002, 08:45:05 PM
Aleona Quinn...Yes Athena had heard of her niece marrying and then birthing children. Aleona Hawk was her name when Daiq took her but it was so long ago.

" No its fine. She was part of my life once... now my life is at the Empire, with new family. "

Her neice was never a darksider like Daiq and Athena.

Natia Lerf
Mar 25th, 2002, 07:28:19 PM
*Natia smiles slightly at Athena before hesitantly saying*

I'm sure that if you talked to her, she would be willing to still be apart of your life because I know that she misses you. She told me that the last time I talked to her when she was buying something for a set of twins she had with her.

*Natia cautiously continues looking at Athena, hoping she didn't say or do anything wrong*