PDA

View Full Version : :: walks into the bar and grill ... ::

Soolin Anjhurin
Mar 13th, 2002, 05:33:00 PM
:: ... after her morning training regimen. She had built up a hunger in the last two hours and the cooking smells from the kitchen were pleasant. She sits at a table and orders a plate of food ::

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 13th, 2002, 05:35:09 PM
(Taataani smelled a slight sweat scent from the female who had entered. It seemed from her clothing that she had been working out, perhaps. Interested, Taataani strolled over, looking bright and chipper as always)

Busssjy dajy?

Soolin Anjhurin
Mar 13th, 2002, 06:00:59 PM
:: Soolin looks at the Cizerack, taking the time to eat a bite before awnsering ::

"It's still only morning."

:: She wondered just how many Cizerack there were on this planet as she offers Grimya a second plate of food ::

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 13th, 2002, 06:13:36 PM
jYesss, but morrrningsss make me tjirrred. jI get ssso sssleepjy.

(Taa's eyes closed as she arched her back, yawning widely and exposing her fanged teeth)

And jitsss alwajysss good to take a noontjime nap wjith a ljittle sssomethjing jin jyourrr tummjy.

(Taa took a seat beside the woman, her tail undulating back and forth as she looked at the menu.)

jI'm jin a mood forrr fjisssh!

(The felinoid's eyes seemed to brighten at the word. A serving droid approached, and Taataani cheerily made her order.)

Brrrjing me two of everrrjythjing jin jyourrr ssseafood sssectjion!

(The droid wheeled away, and Taataani made with the small talk)

jYou know, jit jisss ssso jinterrressstjing to eat hjyuu-mann food. All the cookjing jisss ssstrrrange and fun, jI thjink. Although thejy ljike to put plantsss jin everrrjythjing, and that takesss gettjing usssed to. Whjy one tjime, jI ate a ssstrrrange thjing called a "BLT". jIt had ssstrrrange rrred and grrreen plantsss jin jit, and jit gave me jindjigesstjion.

But...jI ssstjill fjind jit fun! Ljike jI'm ljivjing on the edge orrr sssomethjing.

Soolin Anjhurin
Mar 13th, 2002, 06:29:11 PM
:: keeps eating quietly ::

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 13th, 2002, 06:57:13 PM
Ssso what do jyou do herrre? jYou ssseem ljike jyou arrre verrrjy actjive, and that jisss good. Alwajysss trrrjy to fjind sssomethjing to do besssjidesss watch thossse sssjilljy holomovjiesss. Not that jI have to watch out forrr mjy gjirrrljisssh fjigurrre orrr anjythjing, jitsss jussst betterrr forrr jyou to do. jI've neverrr ssseen anjy hjyuu-mann sssporrrtsss though. Thejy've got to be morrre jinventjive than Kadeenji. All therrre jisss to that jisss thrrrowjing a larrrge rrrock. Prrrettjy borrrjing jif jyou asssk me. Then agajin, majybe jI ssshould sssettle down. Afterrr all, when jyou get to be mjy age, thejy sssajy jyou ssshould ssstop to apprrrecjiate the ljittle thjingsss jin ljife, rrrjight?

Soolin Anjhurin
Mar 13th, 2002, 07:17:35 PM
:: bites into a pear ::

"What else do they say?"

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 13th, 2002, 07:23:18 PM
(Taa makes a blank face, her ears fluttering.)

jI'm sssorrrjy, who?

Soolin Anjhurin
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:04:45 PM
:: takes another bite of pear, letting Taataani swim in her own confusion ::

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:18:53 PM
A hefty book thuds upon an empty chair at the table, up pops a young boys head, who smiles at Taataani, now having become accustomed to the Cizerack's excentric nature and had found her rather interesting company, despite the toll it took upon his cheeks and hair.

"Good morning Taataani! How are you this morning?"

"And good morning to you too. I'm sorry, I don't believe we've met. I'm Loki Ahmrah!" He held out a hand, across the table and smiled at the lady, who had been tucking into a pear.

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:32:41 PM
ahhh.....

(Taataani just sat there, watching the woman....ignore her? She pouted a little, her ears fluttering. It was a little rude, but Taataani didn't want to let it get to her. Sometimes the best people to know were the ones with tough shells...just had to crack them open to get at the sweet inside.)

Ssso whatsss jyourrr name? jI am Taataanji.

(The sound of books dropping made Taa's ears twitch, and her eyes brightened as she saw her little visitor)

Lokji! Hello mjy ljittle cub, how arrre jyou! Come sssjit wjith jyourrr Aunt Taataanji!

(She picked him up in a smothering hug)

Soolin Anjhurin
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:50:22 PM
:: Looks at the both of them and decides to be social in spite of herself ::

"My name is Soolin."

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:02:11 PM
There goes the dignity again. Loki hadn't even spoken with this lady accross the table, yet he was already in a Taataani bear-hug, almost dragged off his chair, he was afraid to return the hug incase he actually did fall.

"Soolin?" he repeated, trying to smile and pay attention to his new aquaintance whilst wrapped in Taataani's arms, "What a delightful-" He struggled, "-delightful name!"[/i]

Finally released, he sat up, smiled at Taataani and said, "It's good to see you again, I wasn't expecting you up this early actually! Restless?"

How Taataani made sure she enjoyed herself. Loki envied her a little, at the age when all is care-free and relaxing, he was a little like that now, but he seemed to be increasingly less care-free during his time spent here, was this the Jedi way?

"So what brings you to Arcan IV, Soolin? It's always nice to see a new face around here!" He grinned as his previously ordered glass of orange juice arrived.

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:08:01 PM
jIt jisss a pleasssurrre to meet jyou, Sssooljin.

(Taataani smiles politely, adjusting her spectacles)

Arrre jyou frrrom arrround herrre?

Soolin Anjhurin
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:41:12 PM
"This was a temporary stop for me. I'm not sure if I'm going to stay."

:: looks at Taatanni ::

"You're very unusual for a Cizerack."

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:48:43 PM
(Taa paused, not really sure what she meant. Her ears lowered a little bit, and she arched an eyebrow)

Rrrealljy?

jIsss that good orrr bad? Mjy ljittle kjitten hasss told me jI embarrrassssss herrr at tjimesss, but jyou can't blame an old cat ljike me forrr trrrjyjing!

Soolin Anjhurin
Mar 15th, 2002, 05:33:18 PM
"I was born on Calan. I'm sure you know how well my kind are treated there."

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 15th, 2002, 05:41:35 PM
Ohhh...

(Taa's ears lowered a little bit. Calan was sort of a touchy subject.)

Well, we onljy want jyou to betterrr jyourrr ljivesss bjy acceptjing jyou jinto the Prrrjide.

(She smiled nervously)

Besssjidesss, jI hearrr Calan jisss verrrjy prrrettjy. jI'm sssurrre manjy people would want to vjisssjit jyourrr planet and admjirrre jit. jYou sssee, jI'm jin the tourrrjisssm busssjinessssss, and jI have an ejye forrr prrrettjy placesss.

Soolin Anjhurin
Mar 15th, 2002, 05:58:07 PM
"Better our lives??? Is that what you call it??? I call it slavery."

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:06:52 PM
We jussst prrreferrr to keep ourrrr malesss jin orrrderrr. jYou arrren't the onljy planet jin the Prrrjide wjith a mossstljy hjyuu-mann populatjion. And thejy all ssseem happjy.

(Taa sighed, adjusting her glasses)

But jI don't rrrealljy ljike to djissscussssss poljitjicsss. jItsss all verrrjy confusssjing sssometjimesss.

Ssso what do jyou do...on Calan?

Soolin Anjhurin
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:14:54 PM
"Believing the lies makes you sleep better, doesn't it?"

:: looks away from Taataani in disgust and pours some tea ::

"I left Calan 10 years ago."

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:19:56 PM
Ohh...

(Taa pried, her ears perking again)

...ssso what do jyou do now?

Soolin Anjhurin
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:30:13 PM
"I am a Jedi." she replies flatly, and takes another bite of her meal.

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:32:37 PM
Ohhh....ljike mossst of the people herrre!

(She smiles sweetly)

That jisss verrrjy jinterrressstjing, and verrrjy adventurrrousss, jI bet!

Soolin Anjhurin
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:44:00 PM
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good to stand by and do nothing. It's my calling."

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:48:33 PM
(The philosophically-weighty proverb sailed over Taa's head. She blinked...not sure what to say.)

Well, jI don't know about jyou, but jI'm famjissshed. Would jyou mjind jif jI ate wjith jyou?

Soolin Anjhurin
Mar 15th, 2002, 07:07:14 PM
:: points to the serving droid as it brings Taataani's meal and sips her tea ::

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 15th, 2002, 07:27:53 PM
Ahhh!

(Taataani grinned widely, blue eyes brightening up as the droid brought her food. It began unloading plate after plate of entrees, appetizers, and other foodstuffs, piling them high. Taataani reached over, plucking a plate of shrimp off the droid and shoveled them into her mouth, wolfing them down in a few seconds. Wiping her face with the back of her hand, she put the plate back on the serving droid's tray, and attempted to speak with a mouth full of shrimp)

mmmthank jyoummm

(The droid scuttled away as Taataani dug a live nala frog from a bowl, snapping the creature up)

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 17th, 2002, 06:18:57 PM
Loki had deliberately remained silent throughout the exchange, it was a rather heated one at that and he was too afraid to say anything. Whenever Taataani said anything, Soolin would take in her words, gobble them up and spit them back out in her face - she seemed angry about something to do with her homeworld and the Cizerack.

For a moment the little boy looked at the woman in annoyance, he'd grown fond of Taataani and she seemed absolutely harmless, he'd been dreading his first encounter with a Cizerack yet she was lovely. How could this Jedi be so bitter towards her, he then let out a laugh when he heard her murmer a Cizerack "Thank you" with a mouth-full of food.

Cringing at the way she snapped up that live, little frog, Loki shook his head and exclaimed, "Eurgh! That's so cruel! How could you do that?"

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 17th, 2002, 09:23:17 PM
(Taa looked down to Loki, pushing a frog leg into her mouth.)

Ohh...thatsss rrrjight. Hjyuu-mannsss don't eat ljive food, do thejy?

(She thought about it.)

Well, thjink about a sssteak. jIt hasss to come frrrom a cow. People kjill the cow to get the sssteak. jItsss the sssame thjing.

(She smirked a little)

Plusss, jitsss kjind of fun when thejy wrrrjiggle down jyourrr thrrroat.

(Winking, she found a little tiny one, pulling it up by a foot and holding it out for Loki)

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 17th, 2002, 09:41:31 PM
Loki thought about what she had said, she had a point, not a great deal of difference. He winced a little at the thought at something wriggling down his throught, then grinned at the prospect at an afterthought.

Then there it was, she was holding out this tiny little frog by it's foot, it wasn't even two inches long and would fit comfortably in the palm of his hand. He stared at it in fear for a moment, then remembered Kajaree. He shrugged then took hold of it.

It wriggled about in vain for a moment and he stared at it doubtfully, he had no idea what to do but was feeling a little adventurous. He had no idea how to eat it and the thought of breaking off it's little legs was too much for him to bear.

Suddenly, he took a deep breath and took the tiny frog in his right hand and threw it in his mouth. His eyes opened in shock as his cheeks began bouncing from side to side with the little thing struggling to get free inside. He began to panic then with one mighty gulp he swallowed the frog whole. A bead of sweat trickled down his forehead, he promptly reached out for a glass of water then before drinking it, waited, he could feel something in his throat.

It felt slimey and trickly and was moving up and down erratically, he paniced at first then chuckled, he could taste it and swallowed one last time with delight. He looked up at Taataani all bright-eyed and grinned.

"Cool!"

Putting his glass down, he reached out and took another small one, to begin the experience over again.

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 17th, 2002, 09:54:49 PM
Ah mjy adventurrrousss warrrrrrjiorrr cub!

(She ruffled his hair with her hand)

Would jyou ljike me to bujy you sssomethjing betterrr forrr jyou?

(She smiled, understanding that Cizerack food had to be very strange to him. Although she had almost no idea at all of what hyuu-mann food was good for a boy like that or not. She handed him a little menu)

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 18th, 2002, 09:52:43 AM
"Yeah I guess, best not making a habbit out of eating Cizerack food, people might think I'm odd!" He declared with a grin and took the menu.

He gave the menu a glance and was at conflict whether to get something he'd really enjoy or something that his mother would want him to eat. His conscience got the better of him.

"I think I'll have a Jovian Soup." It was the best-tasting healthy food on there, and in anticipation of Taataani's curiosity he added, "It's a thick soup consisting heavily of vegetables but it has hints of ripeseed and wildberry, they're really tasty fruit that give it a good flavour. Actually it's more like a stew, but you'll get to try it once it gets here."

Once the order had been made, Loki watched Taataani happily devour another course of Cizerack food and he ate the Nala frog he still had in his hand. With a little reflection he turned to Taataani and said, "You seem to like it here; I know I do, the people are great and I don't think I've ever been this happy before. So why don't you consider joining the Jedi? It would definately be an interesting experience for you. It's strange, I don't believe I've ever seen a Cizerack Jedi, is there a reason for that?"

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 18th, 2002, 11:50:21 AM
(Taataani snarfed down an octopus tentacle like thick spaghetti, then turned to an approaching server droid)

Brrrjing mjy happjy ljittle warrrrrrjiorrr cub sssome Jovjian Sssoup!

(The droid wheeled away as Taa dabbed at her face with a napkin, glancing to Soolin, and back to Loki)

jI rrrealljy don't know much about the Jedji. Majybe jyou could asssk herrr, sssjince ssshe'sss anotherrr Jedji, majybe?

(Taa got a little nervous bringing the woman up again. She seemed...on edge, or perhaps annoyed with Taa. Inwardly, she could understand it. Being raised on that rogue planet of Calan, could give somebody a bad impression of her people)

Soolin Anjhurin
Mar 28th, 2002, 01:36:22 PM
:: Soolin finished her meal, unaffected by the table manners of Taataani and the boy. Her eyes had seen far more odious things during her travels, things better left forgotten.

She looks at Loki, paying no further attention to the Felinoid. ::

"Are you a padawan learner here?"