PDA

View Full Version : Benevolent Forces: A Sisters Plea...

Maia Shadoe Tharrinn
Mar 31st, 2002, 09:44:08 PM
Maia sat outside in the garden and watched Ari flying with utter abandon. She could feel the joy as he screeched his cry to the heavens. Maia sighed, she usually laughed at his antics but today her heart was heavy with a burden. When she had left her family she had tried to talk to her brothers and sister into coming with her. They had all smirked and jeered at her, her sister had slapped her for even saying such a thing. All of them had been angry at her all but one, her older brother Mikal. He had told her that he would take her away to where she wanted to go and help her any way that he could but he wanted to hear no more of his leaving the Sith.

Maia sighed, she felt tears pooling in her eyes. She had always been close to Mikal and to have him turn from her as if ashamed had broke her heart. She had been learning a lot about kindness from the Jedi. They had said that no matter what the light could win if you persisted with it. She felt as if she had failed her brother by not trying to turn him away from the path of the darkside.

She looked up into the sky watching her beloved bird soar and hoped he would show up today. That he had received her letter and would come. She was going to do everything in her power the light willing to turn him from the Sith...

Mikal Tharrinn
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:49:13 PM
Mikal crouched low watching his sister Maia. She had not changed in the few months since he had seen her. She was always the bright spot in his darkened world, a beacon to go to when he felt lost. He wondered if they had taught her how to not be afraid of using the force. She had always been scared of it because she was afraid the taint of their family would cause what she did to go wrong. She was so innocent, so pure and he didn't know how she could have been borne from their mothers cold womb.

Mikal glanced up when he heard Ari screech in the blue sky. A soft sad smile played over his lips. He would never tell her that this Ari that she kept now was not the same one he had given her long ago. This Ari would never die or get old and there fathers hand could never kill it the way he had done the other. She wouldn't know if he had any choice in it. Mikal thought back to the day he had found her in the garden crying from a beating her master had inflicted. The rage that had washed over him was intense. Day after day he had watched the light in his sweet sisters eyes fade. It was not in her soul to become what he embraced. He had taken her away from all that she had despised and he missed her. His darkness was complete now without her there to offer her forgiving smile. Mikal stood his heart aching at the sight of his sister. Whistling to Ari he called the bird to him. Maia's eyes immediately followed the sound. Her eyes widened at the sight of her brother walking toward her with Ari perched on his wrist.

Maia Shadoe Tharrinn
Apr 3rd, 2002, 03:00:15 AM
Maia stood still as she watched her brother stride toward her. His step strong and sure, he was always in total control it even showed in the way he walked. She could see his smile widen at the sight of her happy face. Her eyes moved lovingly over each feature. She noticed that he had lost weight since she had seen him. Her eyes narrowed slightly in worry.

She looked up into his face when he stopped in front of her, afraid to say anything that would chase away this dream of him being here. His Deep voice was filled with amusement when he spoke. "Are you not going to greet me little sister." Maia felt tears spring into her eyes, it was no dream. She flung herself at him her little arms encircled his waist. The top of her head just reaching his mid chest. Ari squawked at being unseated from his perch on Mikal's wrist as his arms closed around her. "Oh how he had missed her." Mikal thought to himself. "I didn't think you would come," was all she whispered as her tears soaked his shirt front. "How could I deny you anything Maia?" He said softly as he tilted her face up to his. "All you ever have to do is call and I will come my sister."

Ari flapped and fluttered around them squawking for his attention making them both laugh. "All right you old crane come here." Mikal teased as he held out his wrist.
Maia watched the familiar scene and her heart ached at the time they had lost. "I have missed you Mikal." She said when he looked at her. He ran his hand over her small cheek. "She is so small, so vulnerable." He thought to himself. "Has something happened Maia, do you wish to come home?"