PDA

View Full Version : A hard battle

Tainen Baal
Feb 14th, 2002, 12:52:57 AM
Tainen walked slowly into the Bar and Grill. She was tired, not physically, but emotionally. The last few months had been spent on her war torn home, Korran. She slid slowly into a seat and glanced around. After the endless battles and tense nights, she could use a conversation with a friendly face.

Akrabbim
Feb 27th, 2002, 01:11:31 AM
Akrabbim notices the woman enter the bar. Her weariness is evident. Perhaps she could use some cheering up. He walks over to her table, and without saying a word, creates a small Force illusion. In a muted flash of light, five miniature womp-rats appear on her table and do the can-can. After a few moments, they bow and vanish. Smiling, Akrabbim addresses the woman.

Hello... I am Akrabbim. Care to chat?

Tainen Baal
Feb 27th, 2002, 07:45:49 PM
The illusion surprised Tainen momentarily but a small smile replaced the startled expression quickly. She smiled at Akrabbim. "It is nice to meet you... I am Tainen Baal. Please, sit." she motioned to the empty chair across from her.

Akrabbim
Feb 27th, 2002, 09:14:20 PM
Akrabbim takes the offered seat and relaxes.

So, what brings you here today? And if I may be so bold, may I ask what troubles you?

Tainen Baal
Mar 1st, 2002, 08:23:04 PM
A small smile remained on Tainens face but her eyes were sad. "I just returned from a visit home. I did not expect to be back so soon but a friend was afraid that I would be killed. I promised to leave so that his mind would be at ease. The tribes of Korran, my home, are headed into a civil war. I fear that this time my people and our way of life will be destroyed. The Elders will not listen to anyone...they are determined that war is the only way to solve the problems that exist. They are being stubborn."

Akrabbim
Mar 3rd, 2002, 11:48:16 PM
Akrabbim listens intently to the tale from the woman, thinking hard about the situation. It's no wonder she is upset. Perhaps he could be of assistance.

What caused this state of affairs? There must be something that could be done to remedy the situation. How can I help?

Tainen Baal
Mar 5th, 2002, 08:55:03 PM
Tainen's eyes grew far away and she looked over Akrabbim's shoulder seeing something that lived only in her memories.

"When I was very young, four or five, there was a war. In those days there were many tribes on Korran, but the largest was the Daka. There was a Daka warrior named Kreer. He was...he wanted power. Now when I think back, I wonder if he possessed some sort of sorcery. He convinced the Daka tribe that anyone not of their people were polluting the world of Korran just by being alive. They started attacking tribes during the night, slaughtering all in the camps. My people, the Bali, grouped with the Gornan tribe. The Daka attacked us one night. Many died. I remember my father telling me to run...and then it ended. Someone had killed Kreer. It was morning when I got back to camp. The bodies were everywhere. There were so few people left that the remaining tribes joined together and became Bali. All except the Gornan. Without Kreer they stopped attacking. But it was still hostile. The Elders needed help. Two Jedi came and negotiated peace treaties. Now though, Kreer has come back, no-one knows how. The treaties have collapsed. People are being killed. The Elders are not allowing strangers to land on Korran...they have lost faith in the galaxy. And all I can do is watch."

Akrabbim
Mar 6th, 2002, 02:22:46 AM
My abilities stretch beyond those of the womprats that appeared on your table. I can do more. Much more.

Akrabbim is covered in a soft light. When it recedes, he looks like Tainen. Not exactly, but enough to pass as a close relative.

Or if even this is not enough...

Akrabbim suddenly vanishes completely. In the blink of an eye, he is simply not there. Abruptly, he reappears in his normal form.

I would like to help you. Perhaps I can help negotiate a new peace. What do you say?

Tainen Baal
Mar 10th, 2002, 11:04:31 PM
Tainen was hesitant. Slowly she nodded.

"That would be wonderful. I cannot promise that the Elders will listen, but I will arrange a meeting. Thank-you."

She smiled softly.

Akrabbim
Mar 11th, 2002, 02:34:27 AM
EDIT

Akrabbim
Mar 11th, 2002, 02:35:51 AM
Akrabbim nods solemnly.

I've never been one to wait around. What do we need to do to get going?

Tainen Baal
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:35:31 AM
"All that needs to be done is too arrange transportation. Once we land I will try get us an audience with the Elders." Tainen said slowly, thinking.

Akrabbim
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:55:46 AM
If you wish, we can take my transport. It's not the strongest vehicle in the world, but it will suffice for simple transportation. Would that work?

Tainen Baal
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:56:05 PM
Tainen nodded.
"I believe it would. I must gather a few things before we can leave but I think that is all that needs to be done, unless you have matters to attend to."

Akrabbim
Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:36:00 PM
I am ready when you are. I will await you at the Jedi hangar.

Akrabbim stands, bowing to the woman. He turns and exits the bar.

OOC: I'm really sorry for the large delay. Been very busy. I'll start a thread in the roleplaying forums.