PDA

View Full Version : A good old fashined game of....Darts!

Tevit Ramadon
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:00:58 AM
On the wall in one of the rear corners of the busy bar and grill hung a staple item that no 'real' bar could be without. A classic dartboard. Small holes peppered the wall around the outside edges of it, some even a few feet out from horribly inaccurate throws.

Tevit, a yellow-furred Nehantite noticed it on his fifth visit to the establishment, and alsom noticed that nobody ever seemed to play it. Leaving a finished glass of wine on the bartop, the mongoose, dressed in mechanic's coveralls and heavy, magnetic boots trapsed over to it and pulled three color-coordinated darts from the tray that was attached to the wall beneath the board.

Testing the weight of one in his paw, he stepped back to a line that had once been prominently painted on the floor, but now was all but visible do to foot traffic. Once there, he checked the banance and weight of the dart again before idly throwing, and scoring eight points in the double four spot. His next throw was abismally bad, missing the board completely as one of the flights broke off the dart shaft in mid-flight. Selecting a new one, Tevit tossed a few more for practice, then narrowed his ed eyes and really went at it.

He wasn't very good, but at least he hit the board form there on out, though never striking the bullseye. After a few more, he looked back to the crowd in the bar for someone to play against. Playing by yourself was fun, but when you had opponents, it got even better. Perhaps there would even be a few folk that would be willing to give it a go. Using the Force to guide the dart, though, was strictly prohibited, as read an old sign above the dartboard on the wall.

(OOC- For those of you not familiar with Tevit, or with my Nehanties in general, a picture of him can be found at elfwood.lysator.liu.se/zo...t.jpg.html (http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/zone/g/u/guardia2/mechanic_tevit.jpg.html) in lieu of a signature pic because I don't have a place to host mine yet.)

Keshia Kou
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:01:06 PM
*a black dart thudded in the middle of the dart board.kesh smirked as the starnger turned around.she got up from the bar and walked over to him.she smiled and nodded to the dart board* you play darts?? if so hows about a game??

Tevit Ramadon
Mar 15th, 2002, 08:10:45 PM
"I've bee known to dabble in the sport. I'm more accurate with knives, but, then again, I did take a semster of knife-throwing in school." Tevit smirked, though a bit nervous in talkign about himself still.

Looking at the darts in his paw, the yellow mongoose smiled and shrugged, sure, I'll play you. Best two out of three?"

With a comfortable roll of his shoulders, Tevit squaed himself in the throwing line and tossed his first round of three, scoring decently well, but not hitting the center at all. Tallying his points, he shrugged, "With that shot fromt eh abr, you ought to toast that score. Go for it."

With a slight bow in his backstep, he cleared himself away from the throwing line and bade her to it with a content smile.

Keshia Kou
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:54:24 PM
*kesh nodded and threw all three of her darts,each landing in the center*if your to be a theif..you have to know all things..even knife throwing..*kesh smiled over her shoulder at him,her dark sapphire eyes flashing a challege at tevit*

Tevit Ramadon
Mar 20th, 2002, 06:08:58 AM
Tevit wasn't slow to recognize the dare, but he wasn't sure of how to respond. Scratching he head nervously, for he was still a bit shy around girls he didn't know, the mongoose shrugged, "Well, I guess I'll have to trust you on that one, seeing as they don't allow weapons in here."

As if to cover his embarassment, he pulled her dars free of the baord and threw his second round, though his mind was further distracted, and his aim was even worse.

His tail swishing nervously, Tevit stepped back from the well-worn line and hinted back on something she had said. "You said something about being a theif earier... what did you mean by that?"

Keshia Kou
Mar 20th, 2002, 03:11:18 PM
well...im the number one most wanted theif in the universe...wich makes it really bad..i steal whatever is worth stealing,like ships,treasure and so on*kesh shrugged noncholontly at tevit then smiled*but i dont want to let out all my secrets to just anyone..*she watched tevit throw his darts and grinned* i think your just a bit nervous,just relax..i dont bite...really hard

Tevit Ramadon
Mar 20th, 2002, 05:02:19 PM
A small chuckle mounted from Tevit's muzzle at her last comment, and he pulled his darts from teh board again. So she was a super-theif, interesting. Knowing that, it brobably wouldn't be wise tom mention the name of his employer to her, lest a rivalry somehow arise. Instead he focused more on himslef, trying to calm down.

"Heh, well, must be exciting being a theif. I'm just a mechanic, but I can't complain. It's safe, and pays my bills. That, and I get to work with a good friend of mine, so, I suppose it's allright." He said while throwing his last round, doing marginally better than he had the first time, but still no hitting the bullseye. However, one did hit the triple 20 mark, so he ended up getting ten more points for that than a bullseye.

Shelving his set of darts again and stepping back to her, Tevit shrugged and said, " Well, you'll probably lick me wit your next round, but that's okay. I wasn't expecting to win. Could I buy you a drink afterward, or are you busy?"

Keshia Kou
Mar 20th, 2002, 05:55:08 PM
hmm...im a mechanic..im more into designing warships and stuff.*kesh chuckled softly at his comment*hmm i think i'll be fair and decline the next round of darts and take you up on that drink though

Tevit Ramadon
Mar 20th, 2002, 06:05:50 PM
Happy that she decided not to trounce him again, Tevit swapt an arm back toward the bar and smiled lightly, "Well, then, ladies first." He said, then followed her to the bar.

Taking a stool with a slightly torn seat cover, the mongoose pulled on the back of his coverall's belt to make them fit better for a moment before sitting up reasonably straight. Wavign down the bartender, he looked to Keshia for a moment before turning back to the barkeep. "Um, I'll have a brandy, not the house stuff, but the next step in the bottles." He ordered for himself, then looked back at Keshia, "And what would you like, miss?"

Keshia Kou
Mar 20th, 2002, 06:08:08 PM
a toddy please,my name is keshia kou but kesh to my friends* kesh sat down beside tevit and leaned on the counter*

Tevit Ramadon
Mar 20th, 2002, 06:13:42 PM
As the barkeep poured his drink, Tevit nodded and smiled, "Keshia? Nice name, I knew a girl by that name once. We went to the same school. She never liked me though. My name's Tevit, Tevit Ramadon. It's nice to meet you."

As his brandy was passed to him, the Nehantite took a sip and turned on his seat to face Keshia better. "So, um, would you mind if *I* called you Kesh, then?"

Keshia Kou
Mar 20th, 2002, 09:39:26 PM
go ahead..*kesh took a sip of her toddy and turned slightly in her seat and faced him*i didnt go to school,i had schooling in the lab where i was created and born

Tevit Ramadon
Mar 20th, 2002, 11:29:25 PM
Tevit was just taking a sip of his brandy when Keshia explained her childhood. Coughing and nearly choking on air swallowed the wrong way, Tevit set his glass down so he wouldn't spill it andf pounded on his chest as if to relieve the choke in his windpipe.

Finally breathing right, he turned to ehr and asked, his red eyes wide with strange bewilderment, "Created? Huh? You mean, like, genetically?" After he said it, he realized how rude he sounded, and looked, too. Still, the thought of artificial creation of life was a strange notion to him, Nehantites had a strict taboo on genetic engineering.

"I'm-, I'm sorry." He then said quietly, turning back to the bar as if he had done something wrong and couldn't look at her anymore for shame. "I didn't mean to soudn like that, I'm sorry."

Keshia Kou
Mar 21st, 2002, 05:49:29 PM
*kesh chuckled at his comments* yea..but my older brother is human..crazy huh?dont worry..im used to it*kesh poked tevit in his side and giggled palyfully*but that was nice of you to appologize

Tevit Ramadon
Mar 21st, 2002, 06:18:30 PM
Tevit breathed a silent sigh of relief that she wasn't mad at him. Perhaps she had learned to deal with that part of her life as he had learned how to deal with his eyes. Smiling begrudgingly at how it tickled when she poked him, Tevit turned back and to her and took the sip of brand he had been trying to when he first choked.

"Heh, I guess I was just made the old fashoned way," He joked, though trying not to get a mental image of it, "And I'm an only child." Finishing off his brandy, the mongoose set his cup back on the bartop, but continued to look at her. "So, um, well, dang, I can't think of anything that interesting to say about myself. I'm pretty run-of-the-mill for my species, except for my eyes, but they don't do nothing special for me, just see is all."

(OOC- Keshia, I noticed that in your signature picture you appear to be rather cat-like. Is that due to the "creation process" or is that just a picture? Tevit is rather furry himself, and I was just curios as to what Kesh really looks like.)

Keshia Kou
Mar 22nd, 2002, 03:05:17 PM
ooc--yea she's very cat like....fembarri,siberian tiger and human...
ic--heh,but thats what makes you unique...*kesh downed the rest of her drink then smirked* it's all the same i guess

Tevit Ramadon
Mar 22nd, 2002, 07:52:39 PM
Fingering his empty glass, Tevit alloed a small smile to light his face at her comment. "Yeah, I suppose you could look at it like that." Lookign up, he called to the bartender for another, which was quickly filled.

Takign a sip, he turned to face Keshia again. Had she not said she was 'created', Tevit would have thought her to have been just some other species. Unable to resist his curious urges, he asked, "Kesh, I-, I hope you don't mind me asking, but, well, do you know why you were created like you are? I mean, was there a specific purpose? You don't have to answer that, I feel pretty stupid for having asked, now."

Keshia Kou
Mar 23rd, 2002, 08:33:46 PM
as a weapon of war...heheh...among other things

Tevit Ramadon
Mar 25th, 2002, 01:07:07 AM
If there was one thing Tevit had learned from his cousin, it was malice. But he also learned how to act, and the art of conversation. Taking in Keshia's answer calmly, he sipped his brandy as if she had only just told him the weather; even though his mind spun with other questions of her genetics and abilities.

"Wow, I'd bet you've got some fancy skills, then, huh?" The yellow mongoose said in reply, "I know how I was created," He then laughed, "And what for, too. But it wasn't anythign near as noteworthy as your story."

Keshia Kou
Mar 27th, 2002, 11:34:05 PM
heh, yeah..theyre really great and all..*falls silent and looks down at the bartop,her shoulders slumping*

Tevit Ramadon
Mar 27th, 2002, 11:55:35 PM
Teivt paused for a moment, his brandy held still in his paw as he then leaned forward to look at her face, his eyes displaying concern.

"Did-, did I say something wrong?" He asked tenatively, feeling bad if he had hurt her feelings somehow.

Keshia Kou
Mar 28th, 2002, 12:08:19 AM
no...i..*smiles and laughs softly at his concern* its nothing

Tevit Ramadon
Mar 28th, 2002, 12:15:37 AM
Smiling a little himself, Tevit lifted his brandy up to his mouth and took a sip. Setting the glass down with a dull thud, he leaned on the bar and sighed, thinking about his own past.

"I'm just kind of killing time here. Finished work, and I didn't feel like going home yet. What brings you here? I can imagine that you allready know that most bars don't generally take a liking to those of us with fur on account of all the Cizerack escapades. Been kicked out of a few myself for that. But I doubt that happens to a lady like you. You're definitely not the eyesore I seem to be." He joked, his fluffy tail switching behind him with an odd flick to it every now and then out of nervous habit.

Keshia Kou
Mar 28th, 2002, 12:28:09 AM
*kesh laughed at what he said.her own tail twitching back and forth*thanx....

Tevit Ramadon
Mar 28th, 2002, 12:35:33 AM
Tevit laughed as well, his smile turning genuine, "Well, if nothing else, we Nehantites seem to be good for a laugh. Thought I prefer laughing with folks than laughed at."

Finishing his second glass of brandy, the yellow mongoose scooted the empty glass between the digits of one forepaw as he contemplated what to say next. He really wasn't that good around girls, and was nervous still, even though they seemed to have gotten of on a good start.

"Um, Kesh, and I don't mean this to sound rude or invasive or anything, but, well, what's it like being part human and part, animal? I've always wondered that. Humans seem to get more brakes than us, is all."

Keshia Kou
Mar 28th, 2002, 06:18:48 PM
not all that great....the truth though is it really sucks major..butt.*kesh sifted and glared at the wall* but its ..ok i guess

Tevit Ramadon
Mar 29th, 2002, 05:37:46 AM
"Well, look on the bright side," Tevit joked, "At least you can put part human on job applications. I've been fired lots of times in place of a human."

Keshia Kou
Apr 1st, 2002, 03:01:51 PM
*kesh fell off her seat laughing so hard she was crying*..thats...ttrue..but..m theif*kesh couldnt finish what she was saying and busted up laughing again*

Tevit Ramadon
Apr 1st, 2002, 08:09:33 PM
To humor her even further, Tevit donned a corny grin and asked sarcastically, "You mean, you don't have to apply to steal something? Goodness, so THAT'S what I've been doing wrong..."

Keshia Kou
Apr 1st, 2002, 11:56:20 PM
*kesh laughed harder*

Tevit Ramadon
Apr 4th, 2002, 02:57:13 AM
Tevit couldn't help but chuckle as well at the fit of laughter he had caused Keshis to burst into. Leaning on the bar, he smiled and shook his head, waiting for her to come to her senses.

Keshia Kou
Apr 4th, 2002, 03:03:20 PM
*kesh got up from the floor still giggling and wiping tears from her face*...aww man..i havent luaghed that hard in along time

Tevit Ramadon
Apr 7th, 2002, 12:45:41 AM
Tevit shook his head still, and replied, "Man, you're an easy crowd. I wasn't even trying."