PDA

View Full Version : A Bored Bellydancer off in the corner...

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 6th, 2002, 04:51:47 AM
...takes out her zills. "Anyone mind if I practice?"

(OOC: Zills are finger cymbals, btw.)

Sanis Prent
Apr 6th, 2002, 04:58:05 AM
Practice all you want, if you don't mind a small audience.

(I smiled, raising my flask to her in approval)

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:08:39 AM
"All right then, good sir." I say with mock-servillity as I start a slow rythym, reaching my arms out gently towards him as the music compells me to dance...

Sanis Prent
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:20:45 AM
(I'd seen the act before, but there was something with her blue skin, and the amber of my bourbon, mixing together in a blurring kaliedoscope of sophisticated intoxication. I kicked back to watch the show, letting the rhythm of motion and sound groove with the wanderings of my mind. I wasn't cultured, or if I was, I wasn't about to admit it. But there was something about the whole show that caused me to think outside the box, and beyond the flesh. Not just at her, but at me, like we were both playing out parts in somebody's snow globe.

Then again, the best philosophers were always alcoholics, and sometimes a good dance, was simply a good dance)

Master Yoghurt
Apr 7th, 2002, 03:55:45 PM
In the other end of the bar, Yog drunk his root leaf tea quietly. As he activated a holographic crystal with the news headlines from the Galactic News Network, he skimmed across the room, taking notice of Sanis Prent and the Bellydancer. The Jedi Master took another sip of the tea, resuming his "news paper" reading..

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 7th, 2002, 04:10:02 PM
"It's been a while since I could just dance like this, you know. But then again, there isn't much difference between fighting and dancing. They have the same energy, directing your every move." I smile as I finish my slow steps, putting my hands to my side. "You look worried, Sanis. Is everything ok?"

Sanis Prent
Apr 7th, 2002, 04:47:06 PM
(I raised an eyebrow)

Have we met before?

(I thought about her question)

There's always something to worry about. It won't kill me, I guess.

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 7th, 2002, 08:14:43 PM
I slip the zills off my fingers and place them in a small bag at my waist. "If you mean formally introduced, then no." I smile. "But I have seen you around here before."

Sanis Prent
Apr 7th, 2002, 08:34:12 PM
Well I hope it was me at my best, then...cause you seem to have me at a disadvantage.

(I smiled)

And I'd like to put a name on somebody who dances that well.

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 7th, 2002, 11:21:22 PM
I roll my eyes, supressing a laugh. "How rude of me. I'm Ryla. Ryla Relvinian." I offer my hand in a gesture of friendship.

Sanis Prent
Apr 8th, 2002, 12:34:56 AM
Ryla Relvinian...just rolls of the tongue.

(I took her hand gingerly)

So if you dance like that at night, I bet your day job must be that much better.