PDA

View Full Version : Brotherly love

Jake Talen
Apr 9th, 2002, 08:53:47 PM
OOC: happy?

IC:

Jake sat at a table in the corner of the B&G, nervously biting his nails. He checked his watch for the hundredth time that minute. Zeke, his younger brother, was supposed to meet him here shortly. It had been years since he'd seen the kid and the elder Talen was a little anxious. He started to shake his knee in an effort to keep busy.

I must look like an idiot he thought with a wry grin.

Zeke Talen
Apr 9th, 2002, 09:00:58 PM
OOC: yes

IC:

Zeke had spent hours preparing to meet with his brother but as he strode into the Bar and Grill he stopped dead. Nothing could have prepared him for Jake. He was biting his nails and looked like multiple muscle spasms were going on in his leg at once. Stifling a laugh, Zeke looked over his brother. There wasn't much difference.He was much taller and his orange eyes seemed older, but that was about it. With a deep breath he walked over to the small table.

"Is that some kind of mating dance or could Jake be...nervous?" he greeted with a trademark grin.

Jake Talen
Apr 9th, 2002, 09:08:05 PM
With a start of surprise Jake jumped up. He looked at the young man before him.

"Hey! Woh....man you got big!" he smiled and punched his brothers arm affectionatly. he rubbed his hand through his shaggy hair awkwardly. He didn't know what else to say.

"Uh....ya wanna sit down maybe?" he suggested motioning towards the table.

Zeke Talen
Apr 9th, 2002, 09:14:57 PM
Zeke nodded. He sat across from Jake and spread his hands on the table.

"So...how've you been? Last time I heard from you was when you sent those holo-messages." he laughed slightly, " You shouldn't have done that. You should've seen Helen and Dans faces."

Jake Talen
Apr 9th, 2002, 09:19:58 PM
Jake laughed uneasily.

"What do you mean by that?"

Zeke Talen
Apr 9th, 2002, 09:23:40 PM
Zeke felt Jakes tension and grew defensive.

"Nothing. Forget about it." he said quickly, not wanting to turn it into a big ordeal.

Jake Talen
Apr 9th, 2002, 09:26:47 PM
Jake stared intently at Zeke,

"Fine." he said curtly. He leaned his chair back on two legs and looked around for a few seconds before quickly turning back to his brother.

"No, not fine. You meant something. What did you mean?" he pointed his finger at Zeke accusingly.

Zeke Talen
Apr 9th, 2002, 09:31:51 PM
"What is wrong with you? I didn't mean anything by it! I was just saying it! I thought you'd get a kick out of it!" Zeke shoved Jakes hand away.

Jake Talen
Apr 9th, 2002, 09:40:15 PM
"Bull!" Jake dismissed his brothers explination.

"I know you meant something. Tell me. Or are you afraid?"

Zeke Talen
Apr 9th, 2002, 09:44:58 PM
"I'm not afraid!" Zeke growled. He glared angrily at Jake.

"You wanna know what I meant? I meant it was your fault that dad went over the edge. It was you!" he spat out shakily.

Jake Talen
Apr 9th, 2002, 09:50:26 PM
Jake sat in stunned silence for a moment. The words hurt. But they made him angry. He tried to calm himself down but he couldn't. It only took a split second for him to reach across the table and grab Zekes collar. His hands clenched the material tightly and began to shake. He was breathing hard and fast.

"If you ever say that again, I swear to God that you won't wake up for a week." he said lowly.

Zeke Talen
Apr 9th, 2002, 09:54:10 PM
This wasn't unexpected but it still surprised Zeke. He stared into his brothers eyes and licked his lips before replying.

"You were always like this, weren't you Jake? Couldn't handle the brutal truth. Well I'll say it again. It. Was. You."

Jake Talen
Apr 9th, 2002, 09:59:01 PM
OOC: you start

IC:

His grip on the shirt tightened as did his jaw. Jake stared hard at Zeke.

"Not in here. Outside. Now." he said through clenched teeth before shoving Zeke backwards and walking out the door.