PDA

View Full Version : I'm only happen when it rains

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 6th, 2002, 04:50:47 PM
Outside Master Yoghurts Bar and Grill, it rained, and it rained hard. The weather today was what most would call terrible, but Thanatos found downpours like this to be excellent, much more soothing than the burning sun! He stood outside the bar, squinting a bit as he stared up into the cloudy sky. Already, he was drenched - perhaps he'd been out long enough? Turning, he pushed open the door and entered, shaking some of the rain out of his hair as he walked over to an empty table, yawning loudly.

"Can I get a Bantha Blaster over here?"

The service droid was well ahead of him, and had brought him one upon sighting him. The Padawan smiled and picked up the drink, toasting to the little mech before it rolled off.

Xazor
Apr 6th, 2002, 04:53:52 PM
Xazor entered the bar, the rain dripping off of her hair and robes. She smiled at the guard as she offloaded her weapons and walked into the main of the bar. She looked around for some familiar faces and spotted her friend Thanatos. She smiled and approached his table.

Mind if I join you?

The Jedi Knight questioned softly, motioning toward the empty chair that sat across from him.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 6th, 2002, 04:55:29 PM
"Sure!"

He waved one hand down to the chair across from his,

"Take a seat, can I get you something to drink? Anything you want, think of it as a congratulatory present for your promotion, eh?"

Thanatos grinned widely, shifting about in his chair.

Xazor
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:00:31 PM
Xazor blushed slightly and took a seat across from him.

I have.....a glass of red wine....

She grinned, her Garou canines showing. She couldn't help her excitement from the promotion....though it was just the other day. She smiled brightly....it felt good to be among friends.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:02:45 PM
He caught sight of the elongated canines and blinked.

"Red wine sure, yeah ... hey Xazor,"

He paused and tapped at his teeth a little, pointing at the same fang-like features on the top row of his mouth.

"When'd you pick those pearl whites up?"

Xazor
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:07:46 PM
Xazor blushed once again and shut her mouth.

I've always had them.....

She said softly. She then remembered that she hadn't told him of her discovery....now it was time to explain....

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:09:21 PM
He canted his head, quirking one eyebrow somewhat.

"I've never sensed it in you before ... "

Perhaps she found 'that' side of herself like Thanatos' father did, though still, he was amazed that he'd not been able to detect, or even smell, the Garou in here.

Xazor
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:12:02 PM
Xazor blinked a few times and diverted her gaze out the window. Sensing that he was not going to change the subject anytime soon, she sighed.

I knew I was....that is what made me so interested in Verse right away. I could feel that he was also....but to make sure, I went on a secret mission back to my home planet where I found more than what I wanted to know...

She sighed and again, diverted her gaze out the window.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:16:02 PM
Picking up on the 'I'm really not in the mood to talk about this' vibes, Thanatos shrugged lightly, nodding.

"Ah right.. well,"

The droid rolled over and served up a red wine, which Thanatos took and handed to Xazor.

"It seems like things are going great for you lately - promotion, the whole thing with Verse ... and I hear you have a life bond or something?"

Xazor
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:19:28 PM
Xazor smiled, totally forgetting the fact that everytime she did, her teeth would show. Now she didn't care....he was a brother, after all.....and she wasn't ashamed.

Yes, all is going wonderfully! I am now a Jedi Knight...and Verse adopted me....and yes, I have a life bond. I sh...

She stopped in mid sentence, thinking about what she was going to say. Well.....everyone would find out sooner or later, so she just spoke up.

I share a life bond with Marcus Q'Dunn.....how did you find out about this?

She questioned curiously, taking a sip from the glass.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:21:05 PM
"Oh yeah, the usual way.. gossip around the bar, overhearing conversations by accident,"

He grinned toothily, attempting to make her feel more comfortable.

"So what's it feel like to be a Jedi Knight?"

Xazor
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:23:10 PM
Xazor noticed his teeth too.....obviously he was not ashamed. It made her feel better and she smiled once again. Her smile was beautiful....but intimidating to those who did not know her well...

Oh it feels incredible! I cannot even describe it to you....I do not think that it has fully sunk in yet! I already have two padawans!

She exclaimed with joy, taking another sip of her drink.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:24:32 PM
"Wow!"

He beamed sincerely at the thought of having padawans; he couldn't wait until the day that he too was a Jedi Knight.

"Your life seems pretty perfect at the minute!"

Xazor
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:26:34 PM
She smiled, but then sighed. Sure...it seemed perfect to everyone...and it was pretty close...but her heart still ached.

Honestly....I have problems too...

She glanced out the window and her thoughts rested on Shade...

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:28:17 PM
"Yeah? Anything you want to get off your chest?"

He was terrible at being a shoulder to cry on, but at least he was trying. Picking up his drink, he took a gulp of the liquid.

Xazor
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:31:17 PM
Xazor looked down at her glass and took a sip of the red liquid. She smiled and looked up at him.

It's just that....last week I was engaged to Shade Magus....and now...he's gone. He left me a comm message and said that he would love me Forever...but he had to leave and did not know if he would ever make it back...

She looked out the window again, a tear streamed down her face but she could not help it. This was so deep within her heart and so heavy upon her shoulders....she had not even spoken to her father about it...

Exar Kil
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:32:21 PM
A man dressed in all black, kind of looked like Clay a little, Walked in. He had a blue sash around hi waist. He sat at a seat and started to look around. His hood still up and face barly visible. He had a scar on his right cheek. He spotted the two Jedi seated w/ eachother.
He walked over to them and addressed himself to the young Jedi woman.

" Greetings, my name is Exar Kil. I have come to inform you that your padawan, Clay Dennatta, will be away on business on the planet Onderon for a while. If you need to reach him you can find him at the Onderonian Sith Council.Good day and may the force be with you."

Knowing she didn't know were to go to find him he left her the coordinates to the Council. ( Pub5.ezboard.com/bsithcouncilofonderon)
With that he left the bar and disapeared into the night.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:33:15 PM
Thanatos visibly winced and retreated into his drink once more for a calming sip.

"Oh.. I'm really sorry,"

He idly drew circles on the table top with the tip of his finger.

"But at least you know he loves you, if you still love him truely then well .. that'll last forever, no matter how far apart you are."

Xazor
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:35:56 PM
Xazor nodded, wiping the tear from her cheek. Suddenly a man approached their table and spoke of her padawan.

Sith council? My Padawan is a Jedi!

She protested...yet another thing gone wrong. The worst things seemed to be happening to her since acquiring this padawan. She did not know what to think of it....but she would hold in there for him.....

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 7th, 2002, 06:13:05 AM
Thanatos leant back in his chair, shaking his head lightly.

"Maybe being a Knight isn't all it's cracked up to be," he said through a weak laugh.

"Seems like a big burden."

Xazor
Apr 7th, 2002, 09:54:20 PM
Xazor laughed to herself and shook her head.

I am quickly finding this out.......

She nervously took a sip of her drink and set it back on the table as millions of thoughts flooded her mind.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 8th, 2002, 03:43:13 AM
He chuckled quietly, and glanced up out of the window before looking back at Xazor.

"What's on your mind?"

She glanced at him.

"What you thinking about?"

He smiled a bit.

Xazor
Apr 9th, 2002, 09:22:47 PM
She smiled and looked back up at Thanatos.

Oh.....too many things.......too many things......

Taking a sip of her drink, she set it back down on the table and sighed. Her answer was too vague and if she was going to feel any better about everything....she had to talk.

I don't know.....I have been worrying a lot lately. Something inside just keeps bothering me. Mainly telling me that I am not good enough no matter what I do.......

She sighed and looked down at the table for a moment before continuing.

I am just so confused with all that has happened in my past and now....it seems to be repeating itself over and over. I lost my fiance back on my home planet......then I am engaged and loose Shade. I gain Knighthood here and begin to train padawans as I did in my past as a Sith....and the relationship with them seems shakey even after a day! My father is looking for a woman and can only focus on the Cizerack species and my brother, Alpha, does not seem to understand me suddenly because I have "changed"....

She had just totally ranted his ear off and she felt badly for it. Some of the things he would probably never understand anyway.....

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 10th, 2002, 04:22:20 AM
"I worry too much too. I keep thinking that someday my family will come here and get me ... that my father will hunt me down or that my brother will come and do to me what he did to my mother."

He slipped down a bit in his chair.

"Try not too worry though, it'll only make you feel worse. You just have to try and focus on the here and now, keep positive thoughts in your head. And you know, if you ever feel really bad ... just letting out what you're feeling inside will make you feel a great deal better,"

He paused, smiling a bit.

"Confiding in people might seem like you're getting them down, but we're all here for you when you need us. Me, Satine, or really anyone would be happy to sit and just talk with you, to try and clear things up a bit."

Than sat up fully again and patted her hand on the table lightly.

"Ok?"

Xazor
Apr 10th, 2002, 06:18:22 PM
Xazor looked up, her heart jumping in her chest when he touched her hand. She blushed and looked out the window, nervously taking a sip of her drink.

Thanks, Than.......I really appreciate it.

She smiled gently and set her glass back down. She then changed her mind and took another sip, almost finishing the drink completely. She smiled and set it back down on the table....it leaned to the right and she grabbed it, trying to steady the glass so it did not break. She must have looked completly stupid.....another thing she constantly worried about. She sighed in relief as the glass came to rest on the wooden table top.

Yes, talking about things really does help a lot.....

She smiled and nodded her head slightly.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 11th, 2002, 03:49:21 AM
He watched as Xazor readied the glass, stopping it from falling. It was quite obvious that the stress was getting to her. Than rifled through his mind trying to think of something he could do or say to make her feel more comfortable.

Glancing upwards, he called out, "Hey can I get two more Bantha Blasters?"

The drinks were served promptly, and Than handed one of the two over to Xazor, grinning a bit.

"Now just try and relax, kick back," he laughed quietly and pocked his tongue out, "Let your troubles be quelled by the drink!"

Xazor
Apr 11th, 2002, 01:24:58 PM
Xazor grinned as the drink was handed to her.

Thanks....

She smiled and took a sip of the cool liquid. It popped and fizzed in her throat and made her cough a minute until she got used to the sensation. She liked it a lot. Taking another sip, she began to relaz some.

This helps...thank you again...

She said softly.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 11th, 2002, 01:29:24 PM
"No need for thanks, just trying to cheer you up a bit, eh. Don't want you down in the dumps, after all you're a model for all us Padwans."

Than winked.

Xazor
Apr 11th, 2002, 06:04:13 PM
Xazor grinned and blushed slightly. He somehow knew exactly what to say and when to say it.

Me, a model to the padawans? I hope I am a good one......

She laughed slightly and took another sip of the "Bantha Blaster".

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 12th, 2002, 04:12:15 AM
"I'm sure you will be. You seem to be always helping people or getting people settled in,"

He smiled.

"Master Verse must be really proud."

Xazor
Apr 12th, 2002, 06:46:14 PM
Xazor blushed slightly. She knew her Master was proud....he told her so.....and when he did, she could not avoiding her cheeks flushing crimson. She appreciated compliments.....but always wanted people to save some for themselves.

Yes, he must be.......you're a great padawan.

She winked, returning the compliment in a round about way. She smiled gently and took a sip of the drink in front of her....

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 13th, 2002, 03:43:06 AM
"I hope I am!"

He took a gulp of his drink.

"You're lucky to have a father like him," he smiled.

Xazor
Apr 13th, 2002, 01:27:31 PM
Yes, I know...he is wonderful. I just wish that we were biologically linked...like he was my real father. It is such a coincidence that he is Garou...like my father was, and that he looks like the description that others have given me of my father. I don't want to jump to conclusions, though. I have heard so many stories of my parents...I do not know if they are alive or dead.

She took another drink from the Bantha Blaster and thoughtfully looked out the window, pondering the facts and stories that had been placed before her.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 13th, 2002, 01:32:09 PM
"I would rather have a great adoptive father like Verse," he caught himself becoming bitter, and stopped.

"No father at all."

With a smile, he yawned and closed his eyes.

"Training is really taking it out of me."

Xazor
Apr 13th, 2002, 01:41:03 PM
It will get better...don't worry...

She smiled gently, recalling how hard training was on her.

Though, once your a Knight...you might as well still be training as a padawan. You will be in a sense, since you will have padawans of your own...I have been learning so much from teaching...

She took a sip of the drink and set it back down with a smile his way.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 13th, 2002, 01:43:56 PM
"I bet taking your first Padawan is hard ... I mean, it'll be a learning experience for you both and all,"

He nodded lightly.

"Fun though!"

Xazor
Apr 13th, 2002, 01:45:11 PM
Oh yes, it is a learning experience for both of us. Since I had not taught anyone before him...I was quite nervous. He is a good student, though...

She smiled confidently.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 13th, 2002, 01:48:37 PM
"You'll have to introduce him to me sometime, that is if I haven't already met him. What's his name?"

Xazor
Apr 13th, 2002, 01:53:00 PM
Xazor nodded and smiled.

His name is Clay Dennatta. He has a brother, Ulic Dennatta...I do not know if you have met either of them before, but his brother is a Sith and he is new to the Jedi...

She took a sip of the drink and set it back on the wooden table top.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 13th, 2002, 01:55:47 PM
"Nah, no idea who he is. Then again, I don't know that many people here really anyway... I might have seen him and not known it,"

He chuckled quietly and shrugged a bit.

Xazor
Apr 14th, 2002, 11:43:23 AM
Well, he is pretty new and not many people know him...

She smiled gently and took a sip of the "Bantha Blaster", nearly finishing it off. Once setting it back on the table, she found her eyes slowly drift to meet Thanatos's.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 14th, 2002, 11:48:11 AM
Thanatos nodded lightly. He reached out for his drink, yet he found it was empty and paused his hand. As he noticed Xazor was gazing at him, he smiled widely. The Padawan brought his other hand forward and cupped them infront of himself on the table.

"You're starting to look like you're really cheering up."

Xazor
Apr 14th, 2002, 11:57:26 AM
Yeah...I feel a lot better....thanks to you...

She smiled brightly and noticed that he was also gazing at her. There was silence for a moment...but it was not awkward...

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 14th, 2002, 12:04:50 PM
"Glad I could help,"

Would the smile on his face ever dissapear? Didn't look like it.

Xazor
Apr 14th, 2002, 06:53:21 PM
Xazor's smile remained on her face also. She couldn't help it.....he was so wonderful. A humiliating moment was on the horizon....

You're so wonderful...

She had not meant to say it.....but it just came out. Did I just say that? She thought to herself. Her face flushed crimson and she looked out the window to try to hide her extreme embarassment.

I'm sorry.....

She said in his mind, nervously running her finger around the lip of the glass in front of her, whilst looking out the window.

Thanatos VanDerveld
Apr 15th, 2002, 01:23:26 PM
"Heh,"

He shrugged.

"It's not like I'm going to mind you complementing me," he chuckled.

Xazor
Apr 15th, 2002, 09:07:38 PM
Xazor suddenly felt an extreme twinge of guilt for some reason. She glanced out the window, trying to focus on this.....and it suddenly hit her. She quickly rose from her seat with a nervous smile.

I must go.....it is very important.....we shall have to meet again soon......

She could tell that Thanatos was slightly confused and she wished she could have explained what she felt. She hugged him quickly and then made her way for the door.

ooc: This sudden leave is taken to Avalon.....go their and you'll see why. It RPd out perfectly...... ;)