PDA

View Full Version : A-Z

Maria Garrison
Apr 12th, 2002, 09:14:48 PM
It felt good to be back in "normal clothes". It was official. I was giving up being a "hit-woman". It just wasn't for me. Just one problem. I didn't know what was.

I'd already gone through all possible jobs options in the A-F range by the time I reached the Jedi place. I'd taken a liking to it. Something...homey about it. I placed myself right at the bar. Might as well stay as close to the inspiration as possible.

"G....let's see....Guns! I could get into guns!" That was a thought. Maria Garrison, gun dealer. Uh-uh. Not seeing it.

"Okay next....H...what the frell starts with h?" I asked the bartender. He chose to ignore me. As I got closer to the end of the alphabet and my drink, the level of volume increased until I was belting out career oportunities like a Prima Donna.

"RACER! I COULD RACE SPACESHIPS!" I laughed. The couple next to me stared. I waved to them with a grin.

"S....S....S..." It seems that thinking is a lot slower when intoxicated. I should have remembered.

Reuven Nightshade
Apr 12th, 2002, 09:32:33 PM
"Maybe you could become a binge drinker?"

:: A male voice came from Maria's left, and she turned to see Reuven sitting a couple seats away. He couldn't help but overhear her, and decided to "help" her. ::

"Or a stalker. That begins with an S, doesn't it?"

Maria Garrison
Apr 15th, 2002, 07:10:58 PM
I stared at him silently for a moment before laughing uncontrollably.

"Me? A stalker? I don't think so..." I lowered my voice to a whisper, "I'm not very good at being quiet and I think that's a pretty important requirement. Thanks for the suggestion though."

Reuven Nightshade
Apr 15th, 2002, 10:48:45 PM
:: Reuven grinned crookedly. ::

"You don't have to be quiet in order to be a stalker. All you need to do is find out everything you can about a person, then ..."

:: He shrugged, a moment of silence following. ::

Maria Garrison
Apr 15th, 2002, 11:01:23 PM
I was having a hard time following him. I'm usually not this slow, trust me.

"Then...what?"

Reuven Nightshade
Apr 15th, 2002, 11:03:52 PM
"Then you do whatever you want to them."

:: At this he shrugged, then looked away. He wasn't used to having such attention drawn to himself, and wasn't sure if he liked it. ::

Maria Garrison
Apr 15th, 2002, 11:10:19 PM
I grinned and raised my eyebrows.

"Sounds interesting. But I don't think I'd be any good at that...not my style." I winked and went back to my drink.

Reuven Nightshade
Apr 15th, 2002, 11:20:26 PM
:: He nodded his slightly at her words, but continued to look away. It was obvious Reuven wasn't the talkative type. ::