PDA

View Full Version : I don't sleep, I dream.

Garrett Blade
Mar 25th, 2002, 04:29:04 PM
It was dusk. The man strolled in through the doors of the establishment. He lazily made his way through the sea of chairs and tables, and bumped into a group of large, fat men playing a blatantly fixed game of sabbac. One of them went to stand up, but changed his mind at the size of the smiling man above him. He leaned forward and glared into the now seemingly puny man's eyes.

But Garrett watched from the other side of the room. he couldn't really tell what was going on, since he was upside down standing on his hands. Of course people were staring at him. But he wasn't a threat to anybody. He'd left his lightsaber on his ship. Completely unarmed. He flipped himself back onto his feet and skipped over to the bar. he plonked himself down on a stool and ordered the most expensive drink there...

"What? You mean you have to pay? How diabolically inconvenient. Put it on my tab."

The bartender informed Garrett that he didn't have a tab.

"Well then I'm starting one, Betty!"

Who the hell was Betty? Well, from now on, this bartender was! Garrett snatched the glass from his hand - his own hand - and downed the contents. He spoke to the empty seat next to him.

"Lovely day isn't it?!"

Xazor
Mar 25th, 2002, 04:35:09 PM
Xazor had to laugh to herself. The man's actions were amusing as she watched from the back corner of the bar. She rose from her seat and walked over to him, taking the empty seat next to him. He turned to speak to the, now occupied chair, and was surprised to find a woman sitting there now. She smiled and turned to look around the bar.

Yes, it is a lovely day.

She said in reply to his question to the previously empty chair.

And who might you be?

She turned and asked suddenly.

Garrett Blade
Mar 25th, 2002, 05:35:12 PM
Garrett's head idly flopped onto his shoulder and his eyes met those of the young womans. He flashed a wild smile at her and stuck his tongue out at her.

"There are so many ways to answer that. Lucifer. Tcthoulo. Freak. Psycho. Maniac. Weirdo. Sith. Master. Sexy. Dinner. Messiah. Git. Punk. Please sir don't. And Bob. But usually, I go by the name of....."

He leaned over to the woman, and whispered in her ear...

"Xazor."

He returned to his normal seating position.

"And who might you be? Wait, let me guess! Your name is.........John Watson. No......Cilla Black! Ah - I've got it. You're Garrett Blade aren't you! Yes, I've heard about you. You're that Sith guy who's rather strange! Calls people the wrong name - acts rather oddly sometimes. Interested in death and whatnot! I know you! Can I get you a drink?..... Betty!"

Garrett waved at the bartender, who grumbled as he approached the two.

Iris Daal
Mar 25th, 2002, 06:09:59 PM
Iris giggled as the man tried to answer his own question. It was entertaining, watching him as he confused the woman with him. Tilting her head to the side slightly, she walked up behind the man and poked him in the back, wanting his attention. He was still too busy with the bartender, which made her frown. She shrugged and spun around, starting to hum a strange melody.

Xazor
Mar 25th, 2002, 06:20:05 PM
Xazor laughed and smiled at his silliness.

Well, if you are Xazor.......then I must be who you say I am. No really....you are Garrett Blade. Nice to meet you, sir.

She smiled as he called the bartender "Betty". Avalon was his real name...and he had a good sense of humor to put up with things like this. She nodded in reply to his question.

Sure, I'll have a drink.

She smiled once again.

Garrett Blade
Mar 26th, 2002, 09:00:05 AM
"I'll have eighty-three glasses of lum, and whatever the young lady is having. That manageable, Betty? Great!"

Garrett leaned back slightly, and felt somebody behind him. He held his hands up high and protested.

"I didn't do it sir! it wasn't me! It was the one-armed man!"

He spun around quickly to find a girl standing with her back to him. He poked her in the sides with his fingers, causing her to giggle at the tickling sensation. She jumped in her amusement and turned.

"Good-heavens! Another one! And what might your name be? Are you another one of those...erm...what do you call them? Garrett Blades?"

He nudged Xazor to get her attention...

"Xazor? Do you know who this is? It's the notorious Garrett Blade! Isn't it?"

Xazor
Mar 26th, 2002, 11:38:17 AM
Xazor laughed when she turned to face the girl.

Yes, I must say......there are quite a few of those around here.

She winked at the girl and then ordered a JD from the bartendrer. Turning back around, she smiled at Garrett.

You really do have a sense of humor you know......the galaxy needs more of that.

She smiled as her drink was brought to her and his.........eighty-three glasses of something called "Lum".

Iris Daal
Mar 26th, 2002, 06:40:23 PM
Iris swirled around and glared icily at the man. "You ruined my dreams !" She shouted angrily at him. What right did this man have, waking her up out of her reality? Crossing her arms, she pouted slightly as she answered him. "The name is Iris ... So stop being so silly, Garrett Blade." She blinked, as if the name registered in her mind. "... Aren't you a Sith?"

Garrett Blade
Mar 26th, 2002, 11:18:25 PM
"A sith! Me!!! I'm a purple dinosaur who sings and plays with children. I'm Martin Sheen. I'm Steve McQueen. I'm Gasoline. I'm burning clean. Your eyes are burning holes through me! Me - a sith! Ha!"

How strange. The girl had just taken anger out on Garrett for absolutely nothing. What a peculiar young lady.

"The sith are an ancient race of beings who lives on a far away, icy planet shrouded in eternal darkness. They were practitioners of forbidden magicks and evil arts. I'm quite human."

Iris Daal
Mar 26th, 2002, 11:54:46 PM
She frowned slightly. "Are you sure?" she persisted. "I remember hearing your name mentioned with the Siths." Without waiting for a reply, she started to hum again. It was her music that kept her alive in the peculiar days that she now lived, one minute dragging after another. She started to swirl around in a childish fashion, completely ignoring them both.

Garrett Blade
Mar 27th, 2002, 07:16:38 AM
"Well I was a fullback.....in their football team, it THAT'S what you're referring to....

He noticed she didn't care, so turned round again.

"Sorry for ignoring you Xazor, I was pre-occupied. What was it you said? AH yes, humour. Well it's a dying thing in such a terrible galaxy. And I plan to fight such a terrible problem - even if it means shoving a red hot poker of the diktat's ass and shouting "Surprise! It's your merry un-birthday!!!"

He sipped one of his drinks, then downed one of the others, and sipped from three other different ones simultaneously...

Xazor
Mar 27th, 2002, 11:33:27 AM
Xazor laughed to herself at his words.

Well, I suppose that would be quite funny. So, you are not a Sith? I thought so also......but that matters not, I guess.

She said with a friendly smile.

Iris Daal
Mar 27th, 2002, 04:55:52 PM
Floating dreams down the river, sunk by winterpools ... Cold as ice and light as fire; so slow that mold could catch you. She stopped spinning, breathing heavily. Ah, how she missed those good, ol' days with her family. She let out a little sigh, then felt the music in her body change. It started to flow backwards, humming a merry, little tune. She could feel her mood and thoughts change along, giving her a happier attitude.

Her music ruled Iris; without it she would die. The music was what trapped her and set her free. Her body and mind were set differently than the others, which is why she loved oceans so much. Under the water there was no light or darkness, there was just infinite silence. The tides in different regions and worlds could change, with or without a reasonable explanation. It was so much like her music, which listened to nobody but itself.

And right now it was telling her to liven up.

Well, that could easily be done ! Only with a child's determination, she cleared her throat and spoke in soft voice. "Excuse me, but does anybody want to do something else besides ... drink?"

Garrett Blade
Mar 28th, 2002, 12:48:12 PM
Garrett finished his twenty-fourth glass of lum and, showing n signs of intoxication, turned to the girl once again.

"What's that, my little anklebiter? Something other than drinking? Well why not give a suggestion and I'll either raise it to the heavens to a chorus of angels, or shoot it down and not even think of a resurrection. Well, what do you have in mind?"

Another glass levitated behind him, floated around his head and hovered in front of his face. The liquid then began to snake out of the glass and into his mouth slowly.

Xazor
Mar 28th, 2002, 12:51:39 PM
Xazor watched as his antics continued. He was a curious fellow......and she didn't know what to think of him. Smiling, she took another sip of her drink and set it back on the bar top...

Iris Daal
Mar 29th, 2002, 12:36:10 PM
"Let's play a game !" She replied cheerily. But what sort of game? "Let's play Criss-" Wait, she couldn't play that game with them ... "I've changed my mind. Let's play Wind Dancers." She flashed a huge smile in their direction. "Well? What do you think?"

Garrett Blade
Mar 29th, 2002, 08:45:21 PM
Garrett spat his drink out with surprise. He giggled innocently...

"Yay! Games! I love Wind Dancers!!!"

He put his drink back on the bar before he dropped it and turned to Xazor...

"How do you play Wind Dancers?"

Xazor
Mar 29th, 2002, 08:57:33 PM
Xazor looked confused for a moment and shook her head.

Don't ask me, I don't have time for games during my strick training schedule. I haven't played a game in forever....

She said, looking curiously at the girl who had mentioned the game in the first place.

Iris Daal
Mar 30th, 2002, 01:11:52 AM
"It's simple. We dance ... a continous flow, each time trying to outdo the other in grace, creativity and beauty." Iris gave a little giggle as her eyes sparkled with mischeif. Taking a step backwards, she could feel the music hum with energy inside of body. She put her foot infront of her, tapped it once, then spun. "Well? Who's next?"

Lady DeVille
Mar 30th, 2002, 06:25:06 AM
A cloaked woman entered the bar, looking for...looking for something she would not find. By the feel of the place, Darven had been here, yet had not been here for quite some time. Jax's sense was stronger, but still...vacant.

The pair had not been here in at least a week. However, there was a stronger, bolder presence at the bar. Master of the darkside, and as hard to pin down as a cloud, Blade had entranced a woman and a girl at the bar. De'Ville surrendered no weapons to the soldier at the door, she had brought nothing with her. But one couldn't very well give up the Force, now, could they?

She had last seen Blade on Nar Shadda, where he had been instrumental in getting Jax back to her from the Dark Jedi Seth Darkserpent. Lilaena left her hood up, and sat at the other end of the bar. Perhaps someone knew where Darven had gone to. If he still had Jax, she wanted him back. Unless he'd managed to find Tondry, in which case she wanted to know where he was, so she could get Jax back. The Dark Jedi ordered three shots of vodka and lined them up.

Garrett Blade
Mar 31st, 2002, 10:51:07 AM
Garrett was about to have his turn in the game, when he stopped and sat back down for a moment. He began sniffing the air inquisitively.

"I know that perfume. It's......Gav Mor....no it's not! Hmm...I wonder..."

He looked around the bar quickly, and there she was. Sitting on the other end of the bar, with three shot glasses.

"Won't you excuse me a moment, I'd just like to go and say hello to an old friend...shan't be long..."

He stood up, miled to the two of them, and walked over to where Lilaena was sitting.

Lady DeVille
Apr 13th, 2002, 03:32:17 AM
She downed the first shot, gasped, and reached for the second. Slamming the second empty glass down on the counter, De'Ville took the third, drank it, and then noticed that Blade had joined her.

"So. Enjoying your amulet?" She was still angry about Darkserpent taking Jax to Nar Shadda, even if Blade had professed to know nothing about his intent. De'Ville broke the third shot glass as she set it down, splintering the glass with the Force, and then holding it together again. It was a perfect shot glass, riddled with cracks. She closed her eyes, and sped up the molecules inside the glass, heating and reforming the pieces together. Perfect.

Garrett Blade
Apr 18th, 2002, 01:04:30 PM
Garrett shuffled the stool in closer to DeVille. She seemed to be downing the shots like there was no tomorrow. Should she get drunk, he'd probably see to it that she was given the appropriate attention according to his morals. He spoke in a sarcastic, overly friendly and ecstatic tone of voice...

"And what amulet would that be, my little nutmeg?"

OOC: And what amulet would that be, my little nutmeg!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!